• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It isn't false though. It'll be completely false if Mii and Pac-man aren't in the final product. So far, I'm thinking there is some weight to this rumor. Who would have guessed Megaman, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer to be revealed? It's more than just a coincidence.
...We had a lot of people wanting Villager in the game on this forum alone. A lot of people called MegaMan as being an obvious choice. Same with Little Mac, and with Rosalina.

Wii Fit Trainer is honestly so far the only one that ever stood out in For's newcomer slots.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
I watched the entire Game Grumps Let's Play of it in one sitting and it looks like it spikes in difficulty in the Wily's Castle sections.

The levels are actually quite easy. Beat Wood Man and Flash Man so far. The only real thing that is tricky for me is the platform placement being so close to the screen transition point on Quick Man's stage where a beam comes in from the right. You have to immediately skid off the edge! Can't wait to see what all the fuss about Air Man is about.
Yeah the flash man and air man stages were tough, but not that bad really. Air man stage was tough because enemies would pop out and hit you mid jump, or just hit you so you fall off the tiny square you're standing on.

Reason I'm stuck is because I need to use the rush platform thing to go farther, but I'm out of energy for it. Iirc, I got past that part, but when I got a gameover I spawned back there. It's mostly because of laziness that I haven't beaten it.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Yeah the flash man and air man stages were tough, but not that bad really. Air man stage was tough because enemies would pop out and hit you mid jump, or just hit you so you fall off the tiny square you're standing on.

Reason I'm stuck is because I need to use the rush platform thing to go farther, but I'm out of energy for it. Iirc, I got past that part, but when I got a gameover I spawned back there. It's mostly because of laziness that I haven't beaten it.
Are there any collectable upgrades I should look out for at all? I beat the entirety of Mega Man X after collecting all Sub Containers and Heart Tanks. Really helps you deal with the Sigma fights. :D

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Finally watched the direct completely...

Koopalings in Mario Kart 8. Hell yeah!
Damn you're late. lol I agree though MK8 looks fantastic I can't wait.

If it hasn't been done already someone should make a Wii U FC sharing thread in the Mario section so we can get some races in with the Smashboards crew.

Renji64

Smash Lord
Man finally a character like little mac that fits my playstyle pretty happy the game is looking faster too still can't be too sure hype as hell too bad. Can't wait for Mario kart 8.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
That reminds me that I want a Mike Tyson assist trophy. Fully 8-bit in the background serving OHKO uppercuts.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
Are there any collectable upgrades I should look out for at all? I beat the entirety of Mega Man X after collecting all Sub Containers and Heart Tanks. Really helps you deal with the Sigma fights. :D
As far as I know, there's just the extra energy tanks. You can only hold four.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...You could've PM'd me that. >_< Or just said it outright. Um, yeah, I've reported those kinds of posts multiple times. Please erase that, though. That's a sexual image that shouldn't be on here.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Far better than Queen Bee or Metal Mario. :rolleyes:
Metal Mario is awesome, man. Way better than Metal Wario, anyway. He's one of my favorite caps, one of my favorite NPC's to play as in 64, really fun to play as in Melee/Brawl, and a really neat character to play as separately as well.

...Agreed with Queen Bee, though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The Koopalings are probably the biggest waste of development time ever.
Could be worse. Could have been even more baby characters. Still I would have thrown in maybe another Wario character, or someone else from the DK crew. Though, I'm not too interested in the kids either.

Bring back Petey Piranha Ninentdo, y'know you want it to happen.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm really happy to see the Koopalings in Mario Kart finally, I always enjoyed them in the Mario games so playing with them is a big plus for me.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wasn't rooting for Little Mac, but I don't think he's undeserving.

And I always enjoy a classic NES rep

I just have to say, from the FIRST rumor, the one with Wii Fit Trainer.

Does that mean Pac Man could be in the game?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wasn't rooting for Little Mac, but I don't think he's undeserving.

And I always enjoy a classic NES rep

I just have to say, from the FIRST rumor, the one with Wii Fit Trainer.

Does that mean Pac Man could be in the game?
He could be. He might not.

Not like we should take that rumor seriously, though. It's just a rumor and nothing more.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
In a dream world characters like Wiggler, Queen Bee, baby versions of anyone that's not maybe Mario would not be present in Mario Kart and we'd get an expansion of the spin-off characters into the roster.

Seriously:

Donkey Kong could give us Dixie and Cranky. I honestly don't understand how Funky got in before either of them.
Yoshi could give us Kamek. I guess we could keep Baby Mario at least.
Wario could give us Mona, Captain Syrup, Ashley, etc

Hell what about putting some of the Paper Mario sidekicks and villains in? There are much better things to fill out the roster than **** like they pulled in Mario Kart 7.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Of course you do Mother Brain.
Indeed. :awesome:

But seriously, I love his Captain N version. I already like we have a few Captain N characters in Smash as is. I got no problem with the main roster showing up(or at least the guys who actually originated in the video games first).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like the Koopalings but I will say that 7 new characters seems a bit much for Mario Kart game.
I haven't seen the trailer yet,

But if Dry Bowser is not in the game I may as well try Lemmy, since he's my favorite Koopaling

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
With all 7 Koopalings in Mario Kart 8, all we need is Bowser Jr. to get within one of the weight classes, preferably medium, to make the number of Bowser's kids even! I swear this it turning into Koopa Kart 8! Also, why don't we have a playable Goomba yet?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I would love Dr. Mario or Kamek/Magikoopa (c'mon you were supposed to be in 64... plus it would be hilarious with the baby bros. racing) in MK8 personally. I don't know how I feel about the Koopalings... although I always thought Larry was pretty awesome when I was young. Y'know, when I got Super Mario World for the GBA, it came with some poster thing showing a map and all the enemies, including the Koopalings. And I saw Larry and I thought he was pretty cool/cute, though I'm probably in the minority. I always loved his boss battle, and Lemmy's.

I hope we'll get Bowser Jr. though. :( So many turtles. :dizzy: lol

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I've honestly kind of been expecting him but eh, I'm not so sure now. If he was given the same kind of retro style that Mega Man has I wouldn't mind him.
Mainly I refuse to believe Mii would get in. Just so bland and has nothing going for him in terms of a unique, personable character.

Also to keep up with these MK8 posts yeah, the Koopalings are pretty underwhelming...I'd like Pom Pom and Boom Boom though.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I like the Koopalings but I will say that 7 new characters seems a bit much for Mario Kart game.
Didn't Double Dash have a lot of characters? I don't think it's a bad idea; especially since returning characters aren't as often, there might be a double dash mode, and this is a big release. It's better to jump ambitious than to be in MKWii's gigantic shadow

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So watching something of the ND, even though I'm super late.

I'm a little miffed that GBA VCs are getting put onto the Wii-U. I was really hoping for it to be on the 3DS so that if on the chance FE7 gets a release I could have it on the go and on something I own. Instead it will go on the Wii-U if it gets a release and that belongs to my dad. :L

Other then Smash and X trailers that was all I cared about. :L

I'm still waiting for Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensai news though. :C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom