• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So I've had the chance to watch Little Mac's trailer again without any of Ninty's ****ty streaming messing up my viewing of it.

Gotta say, I take back what I said. I'm interested and rather impressed.

He seems like the hand-to-hand equivalent of Marth in the sense that he may not have much of a flair with how his moves look, but when you're very skillful with him, it really shows and makes him shine so bright that you can't possibly ignore him. His combo potential definitely does look very high. Plus, I loved that remix of the Punch-Out theme.

You know what? I think I'll give him a try when the game comes out. :3

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Fair points. I'll ask you as well what other Third-Parties are plausible and/or likely beside Sonic/Mega Man/Snake/Pac-Man.
Let's start with Namco-Bandai;

Pac-Man, Klonoa, Nightmare, Lloyd Irving, Cress, Heihachi, Agumon(his origin is the same as Mr. Game & Watch), and possibly others I forgot.

Konami also has possible Castlevania characters like Simon Belmont at their disposal. Although I don't think there's many other decent choices beyond one of the various heroes in Castlevania or Snake myself, but I'm not that knowledgeable about Konami.

Wreck-It Ralph is another, but only because he didn't come from a Manga/Anime, and is all about video games. He fits every criteria, save for possibly being not unique. He looks like just a simple bruiser ala Donkey Kong(being he was based upon him anyway...).

Rare is pretty much "nope" for obvious reasons now, although I would've loved to see Fulgore or Jago in the game. Banjo-Kazooie was another decent possibility. Likewise, even James Bond got suggested some time back during Melee, so who knows.

Anyway, I don't really expect anyone who didn't more or less originate in a video game(or a toy identical to one), but they're not impossible. With the "they need to be special" clause, I'm pretty skeptical about a lot of choices myself. Overall, the only ones I honestly think have a chance at the moment, at least from Companies not mentioned, are the Namco-Bandai and Konami ones I said. Square-Enix is possible too, but who knows. Same with Warner Bros.(since they own some video game specific series like Mortal Kombat, not that I ever expect someone like Scorpion to be in, even if he'd be fun to play as. Possible? Sure. Likely? Nope.)

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Skip-bop-badabap-bap-bap Bidoo-bidap-bip-bop-skidoo!
Im'ma Scat Man!

I may be late for the discussion, but in regards to Pac-Man, I'd prefer him to stay away from Smash after Ghostly Adventures on both TV and the game. Such an unfaithful, abrasive representation of him that he is a character who doesn't deserve his hatebase.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So I've had the chance to watch Little Mac's trailer again without any of Ninty's ****ty streaming messing up my viewing of it.

He seems like the hand-to-hand equivalent of Marth in the sense that he may not have much of a flair with how his moves look, but when you're very skillful to it, it really shows and makes him shine so bright you can't possibly ignore him. His combo potential definitely does look very high. Plus, I loved that remix of the Punch-Out theme.

Now everyone's happy :D

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Klonoa, Lloyd Irving
These two right here are pretty much the only two I'd want or expect from Namco.

And that's just cause I could never see Nightmare actually happening even though I'd be all for it if it did. <3

Last edited:

relisthain

Smash Apprentice

Pac-Man, Klonoa, Nightmare, Lloyd Irving, Cress, Heihachi, Agumon(his origin is the same as Mr. Game & Watch), and possibly others I forgot.

Konami also has possible Castlevania characters like Simon Belmont at their disposal. Although I don't think there's many other decent choices beyond one of the various heroes in Castlevania or Snake myself, but I'm not that knowledgeable about Konami.

Wreck-It Ralph is another, but only because he didn't come from a Manga/Anime, and is all about video games. He fits every criteria, save for possibly being not unique. He looks like just a simple bruiser ala Donkey Kong(being he was based upon him anyway...).

Rare is pretty much "nope" for obvious reasons now, although I would've loved to see Fulgore or Jago in the game. Banjo-Kazooie was another decent possibility. Likewise, even James Bond got suggested some time back during Melee, so who knows.

Anyway, I don't really expect anyone who didn't more or less originate in a video game(or a toy identical to one), but they're not impossible. With the "they need to be special" clause, I'm pretty skeptical about a lot of choices myself. Overall, the only ones I honestly think have a chance at the moment, at least from Companies not mentioned, are the Namco-Bandai and Konami ones I said. Square-Enix is possible too, but who knows. Same with Warner Bros.(since they own some video game specific series like Mortal Kombat, not that I ever expect someone like Scorpion to be in, even if he'd be fun to play as. Possible? Sure. Likely? Nope.)
I did not know that Digimon started as a game, that increases his chances (a teeny tiny bit), also helping him is that they regularly release digimon games and there is an existing fanbase. (10~20% chance?)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

He seems like the hand-to-hand equivalent of Marth in the sense that he may not have much of a flair with how his moves look, but when you're very skillful to it, it really shows and makes him shine so bright you can't possibly ignore him. His combo potential definitely does look very high. Plus, I loved that remix of the Punch-Out theme.

One of us

One of us

:p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
These two right here are pretty much the only two I'd want or expect from Namco.

And that's just cause I could never see Nightmare actually happening even though I'd be all for it if it did. <3
Nightmare doesn't fight like other characters, so he has a fair chance. He may be a huge sword user, but he's nothing like Ike anyway.

I did not know that Digimon started as a game, that increases his chances (a teeny tiny bit), also helping him is that they regularly release digimon games and there is an existing fanbase. (10~20% chance?)
Even if it didn't start as a video game as long as he didn't originate in a Manga/Anime, he would've been possible.

I just doubt the Bandai part will be given more attention than the Namco bit, and Digimon is very underrated, so... I really don't think he'd be included due to lack of popularity more or less.

You know what? Just for that, I changed my mind again. He's back to punching bag status. ¦D
He already gave Sandbag a good punching. :awesome:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I completely disagree.

Sure, he's iconic, but what does that have to do with Nintendo?
Unlike the other third-parties, he hasn't had many of his main games released primarily on Nintendo platforms.

Sakurai discourages third-parties as is, and I doubt Sakurai's going to become best friends with Pacman's creator.
I think Pac-man would be the best rep for Namco honestly.

Maybe Jin or Heihachi. Heihachi has been in a decent amount of cross-over games I think.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Nightmare doesn't fight like other characters, so he has a fair chance. He may be a huge sword user, but he's nothing like Ike anyway.
Actually, I just meant that fact that Ninty (read Sakurai) might think Nightmare is a bit too dark and menacing in appearance for Smash Bros.

I dunno. But like I said, if it DID happen, full support from me. I mainly want either Lloyd or Klonoa, though.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
But Nightmare (or Soul Edge) is like the de facto antagonist of the Soul series! He's like, the one that started the game's history. Siegfried may work better though. Hopefully, they'll throw him back to around SCII/III when he was the wielder of Soul Calibur.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I actually played Klonoa once (the 64 version, anyway). His aesthetic would be an easy fit in the SSB4's more colourful art style, but I don't remember enough of the game/series to conceive of his moveset. XS

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
But Nightmare (or Soul Edge) is like the de facto antagonist of the Soul series! He's like, the one that started the game's history. Siegfried may work better though. Hopefully, they'll throw him back to around SCII/III when he was the wielder of Soul Calibur.
If either Siegfried or Nightmare was in, I'd vote for either either SCII designs or their SCV designs.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Reasons?

If any Namco character's getting in, sign me up for Klonao or Lloyd Irving/Yuri Lowell/Luke fon Fabre! And if anyone from Soul Calibur's getting in, maybe Sophitia so I can hear Eurydice Shrine on Palace in the Sky. :p
Isn't Pac-Man Namco's mascot? And Pac-Man has had a couple of cross-overs with Nintendo as well before. Well I believe they were arcade games but it's something. I don't know if Lloyd or Klonoa ever crossed over. Pac-Man was a classical hit as well and with some of the newer games and a new T.V. show, Namco is trying(not sure how well it's going XD) to keep him alive unlike Capcom's Megaman. And the argument for moveset potential isn't really valid in my opinion(I see it a lot). I'm not hyped to see Pac-Man but if Namco does get a character, I personally think he's most deserving. All this is just my opinion though!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Actually, I just meant that fact that Ninty (read Sakurai) might think Nightmare is a bit too dark and menacing in appearance for Smash Bros.

I dunno. But like I said, if it DID happen, full support from me. I mainly want either Lloyd or Klonoa, though.
I'd be more worried about Voldo, but yeah. This is the same reason I don't expect Mortal Kombat kharacters, even the more comedic ones like Cage, to be given a chance. Nightmare is definitely the key character, and in Soul Calibur II, he even has Siegfried costumes.

Isn't Pac-Man Namco's mascot? And Pac-Man has had a couple of cross-overs with Nintendo as well before. Well I believe they were arcade games but it's something. I don't know if Lloyd or Klonoa ever crossed over. Pac-Man was a classical hit as well and with some of the newer games and a new T.V. show, Namco is trying(not sure how well it's going XD) to keep him alive unlike Capcom's Megaman. And the argument for moveset potential isn't really valid in my opinion(I see it a lot). I'm not hyped to see Pac-Man but if Namco does get a character, I personally think he's most deserving. All this is just my opinion though!
Keep in the mind the company is Namco-Bandai, not just Namco. This is why Pac-Man isn't the blatant only choice, but will among their list of choices for a possible one guaranteed. If Namco-Bandai is considered, anyway.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
What I'm happy for is that we get to see a faithful depiction of Mega Man one last time. Pac-Man, not so much. :p

You're right about crossovers though. But then again, when was the last time Mega Man even crossed over on the Nintendo side. I do know that Link was in Soul Calibur II.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I'd be more worried about Voldo, but yeah. This is the same reason I don't expect Mortal Kombat kharacters, even the more comedic ones like Cage, to be given a chance. Nightmare is definitely the key character, and in Soul Calibur II, he even has Siegfried costumes.

Keep in the mind the company is Namco-Bandai, not just Namco. This is why Pac-Man isn't the blatant only choice, but will among their list of choices for a possible one guaranteed. If Namco-Bandai is considered, anyway.
Ah that's right, I forgot about that.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
What I'm happy for is that we get to see a faithful depiction of Mega Man one last time. Pac-Man, not so much. :p

You're right about crossovers though. But then again, when was the last time Mega Man even crossed over on the Nintendo side. I do know that Link was in Soul Calibur II.
Mega Man 9 and 10 were exclusive to the Wii, if that counts.

Anywho

I must've missed this in the trailer. Yup, DEFINITELY maining Mac now.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473

Yeah that's true, Ryu could've been the Capcom Rep since they kinda ditched Megaman. Personally, I like Ryu more than the Blue Bomber, but Megaman fits in so much better. I guess I feel the same way about Pac-Man.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ah that's right, I forgot about that.
You'd be surprised. A lot of people forget that Bandai is part of it. Also, Bandai has more than one video game series too. Digimon was one of their first. They technically do even have video game-only characters like a specific version of the Omega Ranger in one of the Power Rangers games(for the record, the original human inside the suit technically comes from a live-action tv series, but the overall version of the character has no out-of-game appearances), and I think they made Boktai? I forget. But that's at least 2(or 1) unique game series.

Regardless, Pac-Man's a contender. Guaranteed? Puh-lease. He definitely isn't. Would I be surprised if he got in? Absolutely not. But he's no shoo-in.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm maining that random button on the character select. All characters seem awesome to play as, even the veterans with their new designs and move effects and, in some cases, new moves too. :p

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I have an idea! Let's complain about a completely deserving character even though there is NO CHANGING THE FACT THAT HE IS IN THE GAME!
Give it a rest.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well... Pixiv went in real fast. Enjoy.

That's the only 2 I've found.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Hey guys, I have an idea! Let's complain about a completely deserving character even though there is NO CHANGING THE FACT THAT HE IS IN THE GAME!
Give it a rest.
If you're talking about the Mac, no one is complaining about him. We were just in the middle of praising that sexy dodge and leaping strike. ¦3

If you're talking about the Pac, kindly shut the **** up. we're simply discussing why he isn't a 100% guaranteed character and that there are other equally viable options. No need to twist your panties into knots. ¦D

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Have any idea how to make em visible? I know I could see em.
Pixiv doesn't let non-members see/doesn't allow hotlinking. You could upload them yourself to like imgur or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom