• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
So my stepbrother says after I mention how overpowered Little Mac's K.O. punch looks, "Does this mean that we might not get Meta Knight?" I reply, "What? No. It's not like they deliberately make an overpowered character every game."

Kids say the darnest things. <3

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So my stepbrother says after I mention how overpowered Little Mac's K.O. punch looks, "Does this mean that we might not get Meta Knight?" I reply, "What? No. It's not like they deliberately make an overpowered character every game."

In the words of the wise Rafiki: "Any story worth telling is worth telling twice!" =D

but mother 3 aka earthbound 2 is all over the internet lol
And? It's not plastered all over everywhere. There are PLENTY of people who've never even heard of the series to this day. XD

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Had to make. SOOOOO MAJESTIC.

10/10 would main...................if Yoshi doesn't show.
"Let's fight, like gentlemen."

Wait, guys, this is Namco helping out with this game, not Capcom. Little Mac would be a bit more like Steve Fox right? He gets them Dempsey rolls.

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
They said they would be revealed at E3. They were not. It's false.
Yeah, I kind of had that view too. Perhaps they overheard some things and thought they all were getting shown at once. Still, I'll remain as skeptical as I can until all of those characters are actually in Smash.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah, I kind of had that view too. Perhaps they overheard some things and thought they all were getting shown at once. Still, I'll remain as skeptical as I can until all of those characters are actually in Smash.
Miis I regretfully accept as likely, but I can't see them adding Pacman.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
But, le dude.

Pac-Man is so iconic that he could probably make Smash on that alone. And the fact that Namco is working on the game serves Pac-Man's favour. Like as not, the yellow guy is a classic video game powerhouse. Whatever the case, he's certainly in the running for a new Third-Party addition (not counting Snake, who'd be a Veteran).

And I'm personally neutral on Pac-Man, leaning toward the positive. If today's Mac reveal trailer is of any indication, the Smash team have thought out their Newcomers in great depth and detail, so I'm assured that the rest of the Newcomers (Pac-Man or not) will similarly be made to fit into the Smashverse smoothly.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm a bit towards the opposite. See, I'm not saying Mii's are impossible, just that with Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, they just seem.....redundant. To me anyhow. Maybe I just don't see their potential.

With Pac-Man, he's a gaming icon. The very first in fact. Even before Namco's involvement I've seen him as one of the best choices for third parties when it comes to merit. Moveset-wise, He could mostly take stuff from the Arcade Pac-man and the Pac-Man World series, should make him fairly interesting.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Nah dude, they're making the ghost
playable and Pac-Man a sticker.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I have to say, I loved Punch-Out! But I never wanted Little Mac to go any further than an Assist Trophy. He seemed pretty boring moveset-wise, however he looks cool in the trailer. I don't like the whole, Big-Mac final smash though. . . Did that come out of nowhere or did I miss something?!

Renji64

Smash Lord
That trailer is pretty awesome i hope pacman and miis are true. But if the game has combos it looks pretty fast compared to brawl and it is more offensive based then i will be happy with the final product. Amazing trailer and hype.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I have to say, I loved Punch-Out! But I never wanted Little Mac to go any further than an Assist Trophy. He seemed pretty boring moveset-wise, however he looks cool in the trailer. I don't like the whole, Big-Mac final smash though. . . Did that come out of nowhere or did I miss something?!
If I'm correct. It came out of the multiplayer mode of "Punch-Out!" for the Wii.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
But, le dude.

Pac-Man is so iconic that he could probably make Smash on that alone. And the fact that Namco is working on the game serves Pac-Man's favour. Like as not, the yellow guy is a classic video game powerhouse. Whatever the case, he's certainly in the running for a new Third-Party addition (not counting Snake, who'd be a Veteran).

And I'm personally neutral on Pac-Man, leaning toward the positive. If today's Mac reveal trailer is of any indication, the Smash team have thought out their Newcomers in great depth and detail, so I'm assured that the rest of the Newcomers (Pac-Man or not) will similarly be made to fit into the Smashverse smoothly.
I completely disagree.

Sure, he's iconic, but what does that have to do with Nintendo?
Unlike the other third-parties, he hasn't had many of his main games released primarily on Nintendo platforms.

Sakurai discourages third-parties as is, and I doubt Sakurai's going to become best friends with Pacman's creator.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
@ Kaye Cruiser Kaye Cruiser I think it's time for a Kitty Corp tag team! Let's teach these guys that Little Mac isn't very impressive!
I'll pass. I may not be impressed by him, but that doesn't mean no one else has to be. ¦D

I wanted to see if I could possibly understand why so many people were excited for him, not make those people agree with me that he's nothing to be excited over. That's silly.

Besides, I already know that the more I see of him, the more I may change my mind. Especially if he really reminds me of SF's Dudley, BB's Makoto or P4U's Akihiko.

With that said, I'm off to rewatch his trailer with 100% less stream issues so I can see if it changes my mind.

But, le dude.

THIS, however, utterly disgusts me.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I completely disagree.

Sure, he's iconic, but what does that have to do with Nintendo?
Unlike the other third-parties, he hasn't had many of his main games released primarily on Nintendo platforms.

Sakurai discourages third-parties as is, and I doubt Sakurai's going to become best friends with Pacman's creator.
True. Nonetheless, I find that Pac-Man place in video game history is not a factor that can be so easily dismissed. I'm not saying he's the prime candidate for a new Third-Party, but he's certainly in the general pool of contenders.

We have Sonic and Mega Man. If we grant Snake and add another Third-Party, who do you see as feasible, besides Pac-Man? Or do you suspect that we'll only have Sonic/Mega Man(/Snake)?

THIS, however, utterly disgusts me.
Your disgust is my nourishment. >:D

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pac-Man's video game history is arcade-based. He was not a big hit outside of the Arcade as is.

He's not a console icon, just an arcade one. People need to remember that.

Of course he has a fair chance, but that's more because he's essentially Namco's main symbol, not because of his arcade status alone.

That, and don't forget, it's Namco-Bandai, not just Namco. This means there's a lot more choices than the Pac. He's no guarantee or even a shoo-in. All he is is a fair possibility and nothing more. It's not like other third party companies aren't being taken into account(actually, they are). Namco-Bandai is outright not being given special consideration, as said by Sakurai himself. He prepared for this, so I still don't get why people think Pac-Man is obviously going to be in. He isn't obvious at all.(at best, among Namco-Bandai's picks, he's obviously among that selection, no doubt)

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Pac-Man's video game history is arcade-based. He was not a big hit outside of the Arcade as is.

He's not a console icon, just an arcade one. People need to remember that.

Of course he has a fair chance, but that's more because he's essentially Namco's main symbol, not because of his arcade status alone.

That, and don't forget, it's Namco-Bandai, not just Namco. This means there's a lot more choices than the Pac. He's no guarantee or even a shoo-in. All he is is a fair possibility and nothing more. It's not like other third party companies aren't being taken into account(actually, they are). Namco-Bandai is outright not being given special consideration, as said by Sakurai himself. He prepared for this, so I still don't get why people think Pac-Man is obviously going to be in. He isn't obvious at all.(at best, among Namco-Bandai's picks, he's obviously among that selection, no doubt)
Fair points. I'll ask you as well what other Third-Parties are plausible and/or likely beside Sonic/Mega Man/Snake/Pac-Man.

I didn't realize you were into Scat, dude. O_o'

Oh well, Rule 36 and all that, I guess. -.o'
Skip-bop-badabap-bap-bap Bidoo-bidap-bip-bop-skidoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom