• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
That was my only complain about today's Direct... no PLVS.AA date for the US yet.

Oh well, that's life.

I'M JUST STILL PUMPED FOR LITTLE MAC MAN!!!
I could hardly even see the direct, It kept lagging on me, good thing it ran fine during the Little Mac reveal though. And that sucks that you guys still didn't receive a release date yet. Oh well, I'm sure you will get to play it soon.

That's good. Enjoy your hype. ^^

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Idk if Little Mac's conformation increases the likely hood of Pacman and Mii. Little Mac seemed almost confirmed since the boxing ring had been announced, it's not really a surprise.
That punching stage was presented entirely generically while saying Smash on it. Until Little Mac's reveal and them changing the banners, it just as easily could've been an SSB Original stage that just happened to reference a Nintendo-specific boxing series, which makes perfect sense in that regard.

As for why the banners never said Punch-Out beforehand, 3 reasons come to mind;

1) To hide Little Mac
2) Was never a Punch-Out stage, just a fun reference to it, but they decided "Let's make it his stage instead"
3) Similar to 2, but Little Mac was thought up later, so they used the stage that reference his series a bit and changed it so it's blatantly from his universe, instead of "possibly" being from it.

Shroob

Sup?
So, think it's likely that since Diddy wasn't revealed today, that we're actually getting a a character reveal to coincide with an American release date?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Where's the potential in keeping Captain Falcon then? He's a physical attacker who doesn't even race outside his Final Smash!
...I can barely make out what you're even trying to say here, honestly, so I'm just going to say that anyone who can do this with a single punch is more than impressive in my book.

But on that note, I swear to god if Little Mac replaces Captain Falcon...

Have you played the original Punch-Out!? Were you insulted by the fact that he was an assist trophy? We've played the game, loved it, and now: we get to see one of our favorite character duke it out with the rest of them.. plus, he looks like a boss. That helps, if you know what I mean.
1. No.
2. No.

And he doesn't look interesting at all to me, so no, that doesn't help.

Punch-Out is fun and nostalgic, and Americans love underdog boxer characters. Seems very logical to me.
Well that explains why I don't see it then. I don't care about nostalgia and I don't like boxing or most things typical Americans tend to love.

On the other hand, Hajime no Ippo was pretty interesting for the two episode of it I watched, but meh.

Even if you've never played a Punch Out game you've gotta be happy with his inclusion since he offers a unique playstyle that hasn't been seen in the Smash series yet.

I always knew he would be a great choice.
No I don't. XD

And...What unique playstyle? Punching the crap out of everything? Hasn't more than half the cast done that for the past 3 games?

Oh, you mean the meter? Meh, I'll judge it when I can actually see it in action.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
...I can barely make out what you're even trying to say here, honestly, so I'm just going to say that anyone who can do this with a single punch is more than impressive in my book.

I'd hate that too... Cap. needs to stay.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
And...What unique playstyle? Punching the crap out of everything? Hasn't more than half the cast done that for the past 3 games?
Oh, you mean the meter? Meh, I'll judge it when I can actually see it in action.
But you're judging him now...poorly, I might add.

It isn't about uniqueness. We all just love Punch-Out.
I haven't even played it, but I'm very happy for the people who have.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559

Even without the meter he's the only character in Smash that exclusively uses boxing style punches... You're being a bit obtuse here.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion

Believe me, Kusanagi. I do not advocate Captain Falcon's cut or Little Mac replacing him. You think a character who's moveset revolves around nothing but punching is lame. But it variates it in so many ways that he has a lot of uniqueness no other physical character can replicate. Not to mentioned, Roids Mac Final Smash is something fresh never before seen in the Punch-Out! games. I mean, what about his charge up punch with one hit K.O. potential? Dat Falcon Punch looks like a sissy slap now.

Not to mention, how popular Punch-Out! and Little Mac are in general. He's long overdue and I'm so happy he's in.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Holy crap! My most wanted character is finally a reality. After all these years of people saying it wouldn't happen. The feels, the wont stop!

I'm so pleased with how they have handled him as well, just perfect.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Though what about Diddy now? It looks like my fears of that tag team have been thrown out the window, so that's a good thing at least.
Well there is always tomorrow's daily pic and if they aren't revealed then there is always the NA reveal.
I don't think this confirms solo Diddy or tag-team Diddy, it just confirms Little Mac and deconfirms Doc Louis.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Holy crap! My most wanted character is finally a reality. After all these years of people saying it wouldn't happen. The feels, the wont stop!

I'm so pleased with how they have handled him as well, just perfect.
The art trailer... was just freaking great!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
C'mon, guys. If Wave isn't hyped about Little Mac, he isn't hyped. He's allowed to state his opinion.

That said, I'm super dee duper mother****ing HYPED for this character. Sakurai and Co. did him justice.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Mario Kart 8 and Smash just convinced me to get a Wii U. Holy cow happy to see the Koopalings FINALLY make a playable appearance

D

Deleted member

<---- A bit my reaction when I've seen Metroid getting more recognition with Fusion being released soon as one of the first GBA VC games and getting included to NES Remix.

As for Mac, as I wasn't really a big supporter of him, I'm still very glad for his supporters.
They deserve their victory ! :bee:

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I very much wanted to see him in since he was an AT. Also predicted him too.

He looks kind of generic, but no different from Fox's generic moves either. On the other hand, that Final Smash looks amazing, and his KO Punch is a unique property I didn't even expect. I never expected a Meter no less, so that makes it even more unique and original. The only Meter that showed up was purely aesthetic for one of Marth's moves... that was it. In this case, it's an actual gameplay element. For a character specifically, which is pretty cool.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
But you're judging him now...poorly, I might add.
I said I'll judge the meter system later. Read next time.

I'll definitely judge Mac harshly, though. Sorry, but he's just not interesting to me like he is for all of you and I can't understand why anyone would like him.

So while everyone else is happy using him, I'll just use him as a punching bag for comedic irony. lol

Even without the meter he's the only character in Smash that exclusively uses boxing style punches... You're being a bit obtuse here.
A punch is a punch. I'm not impressed.

Believe me, Kusanagi. I do not advocate Captain Falcon's cut or Little Mac replacing him. You think a character who's moveset revolves around nothing but punching is lame. But it variates it in so many ways that he has a lot of uniqueness no other physical character can replicate. Not to mentioned, Roids Mac Final Smash is something fresh never before seen in the Punch-Out! games. I mean, what about his charge up punch with one hit K.O. potential? Dat Falcon Punch looks like a sissy slap now.

Not to mention, how popular Punch-Out! and Little Mac are in general. He's long overdue and I'm so happy he's in.
I don't really consider Punch Out that popular since I had never even heard of it until...Well, Smash 4 was announced.

And yeaaaah, gonna have to disagree on that comment about Mac's punch. Like I said, not judging that aspect until I see it in action.

I heard somebody say he won't buy SSB4 because Little Mac is in it.

WHAT!?
If there wasn't anything for him beforehand, I honestly don't blame him.

Hell, I'll probably be joining him if Pac-Man is in the game. XD

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I very much wanted to see him in since he was an AT. Also predicted him too.

He looks kind of generic, but no different from Fox's generic moves either. On the other hand, that Final Smash looks amazing, and his KO Punch is a unique property I didn't even expect. I never expected a Meter no less, so that makes it even more unique and original. The only Meter that showed up was purely aesthetic for one of Marth's moves... that was it. In this case, it's an actual gameplay element. For a character specifically, which is pretty cool.
That's Sakurai for you.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Mac is pretty much the Dudley of SSB4!

Aside from K. Rool, Mac is one of my most wanted characters.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I said I'll judge the meter system later. Read next time.
I'll definitely judge Mac harshly, though. Sorry, but he's just not interesting to me like he is for all of you and I can't understand why anyone would like him.
So while everyone else is happy using him, I'll just use him as a punching bag for comedic irony. lol
It's fine if you don't like him, but nobody wants to hear you complain about how uninteresting he is when we're so excited to see him.

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice

Actually, that FS is Giga Mac from the multiplayer component of Punch-Out!! Wii! It'll make him a powerhouse, I'm sure.

Also, what will happen to Giga Bowser now that this has been revealed? Maybe Bowser's getting an FS swtichup...? (c'mon Koopa Clown Car!)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It's fine if you don't like him, but nobody wants to hear you complain about how uninteresting he is when we're so excited to see him.
I don't want to hear you guys be excited to see him, but you don't see me trying to stop you guys. XD

It goes both ways. Both sides are allowed to state their opinions no matter how much the other doesn't like it.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
...I seriously don't get it.

What the hell do you people possibly see in this guy? O_o

What's with all the hype? I just don't see it.
A lot of people love his game.
A lot, I mean A LOT of people like the determined, hard working everyman type of character(complete with training montages!) which Little Mac represents. It fits in with the idea of the American dream AND the stereotypical hero archtype that is incredibly popular in Japanese media like Manga.
Despite being basically mute(like a lot of Nintendo character anyway) and being from a game with essentially no plot he's actually got a lot of personality in his expressions and such that have made people attached to him as a character.
A lot of people like when a series has a character that's basically a regular guy that can fight toe to toe with a bunch of super powered freaks (like Batman, the Punisher, the one "badass normal" in most animes). Especially when they get to play as that normal guy. Little Mac certainly qualifies as that in Smash Bros. and he did in punch out to, since most of the cast are basically crazed circus freaks(no offense to anyone who actually works in the circus :p).
He also strikes a cord with a lot of people who feel they can't succeed because they have this problem or that due to his small stature. He's a role model type character, basically. I've heard multiple people point to the cinematic where unflinchingly he sizes up against the monstrous Mr. Dream in Punch Out Wii as an unforgettable, heart tugging moment for them.
Boxing characters have been a staple of fighting games since forever and tend to have a very distinctive play style that a lot of people are very fond of and prefer to play as now we finally have one in Smash and he seems to fit the boxer character type very well. Also he looks to have a play style that competitive Smash players are going to salivate over.
He has a unique gameplay gimmick that a lot of people were hoping would show up in Smash in some form(a super bar).
People were wanting unrepresented serials to get representation and Punch Out is one of the most famous/successful to still not have a rep.
He had a really fleshed out assist trophy in Brawl that made people imagine him as a playable character and the Punch out stage reveal in the E3 trailer got people really hyped for his possible reveal.
He got a really cool reveal trailer.
Doc Louis seems to be somehow involved in his character at least going by the trailer and he's very popular for his "spunky black man" attitude that a lot of people find amusing not to mention he has meme status.

I could probably think of several more reasons if I thought on it longer.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I don't really consider Punch Out that popular since I had never even heard of it until...Well, Smash 4 was announced.

And yeaaaah, gonna have to disagree on that comment about Mac's punch. Like I said, not judging that aspect until I see it in action.
-_-

Well, I guess your first point is subjective. I never heard of Metal Gear until Brawl was announced. Crazy, huh? You should really play Punch-Out! sometime. Great game.

Did you not see the trailer? The mechanic of the punch was shown off in action even to it's K.O.

I'm not going to dictate what you like and don't like. Maybe try to persuade you a bit, but you have your own tastes after all. That's all okay. Just remember...

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Simple, I understand that Little Mac, at his core, isn't that interesting of a character. Especially with some of the other characters. And, admittedly, there are far better choices.
But the reason why I wanted him was his gameplay. I love using characters that are combo-friendly.
As they're great for an aggressive playstyle. Which I love.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

If there wasn't anything for him beforehand, I honestly don't blame him.

Hell, I'll probably be joining him if Pac-Man is in the game. XD[/quote]

You had never heard of punch out before then 0_o I am in all honesty very very surprised, where are you from?

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
-_-

Well, I guess your first point is subjective. I never heard of Metal Gear until Brawl was announced. Crazy, huh? You should really play Punch-Out! sometime. Great game.

Did you not see the trailer? The mechanic of the punch was shown off in action even to it's K.O.

I'm not going to dictate what you like and don't like. Maybe try to persuade you a bit, but you have your own tastes after all. That's all okay. Just remember...

I never knew there were Metal Gear games before Solid and only came to know about the series as a kid cause my dad played Solid, so I don't think it's that crazy.

And I'll pass. Not my kinda game.

I could barely see it since Nintendo still doesn't know how to stream properly, so I'll watch it again. Though even then, one short clip isn't enough for me. I need a full match.

And just because you don't like what I'm saying doesn't make me a jerk. There's a difference between saying "He looks kinda boring to me. I'm not impressed." and saying "He looks like ****. Get this stupid ****ing character out of the game!" and in cast you can't tell, I'm only stating the former of the two.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Bit late on this but....

OMG HYPE

That trailer was flipping amazing, and Little Mac looks way more unique than I expected. I'm definitely looking forward to playing as him. :b:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I never knew there were Metal Gear games before Solid and only came to know about the series as a kid cause my dad played Solid, so I don't think it's that crazy.

I could barely see it since Nintendo still doesn't know how to stream properly, so I'll watch it again. Though even then, one short clip isn't enough for me. I need a full match.

And just because you don't like what I'm saying doesn't make me a jerk. There's a difference between saying "He looks kinda boring to me. I'm not impressed." and saying "He looks like ****. Get this stupid ****ing character out of the game!" and in cast you can't tell, I'm only stating the former of the two.
Well, hey! It goes to show that whatever games you have never heard of don't matter.

Yeah, I get that stuttery latency from their Directs sometimes. Wasn't that present for me this time, but oh well. The trailer has been uploaded to YouTube for a better look. It's all you're going to see until we get actually matches. So enjoy!

I wasn't born yesterday. If you happened to be miffed by my previous comment, that's your fault for interpreting my speech that way.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

Dude....you are like...in my top 10 least favorite SmashBoarders.....

be proud.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Dude....you are like...in my top 10 least favorite SmashBoarders.....

be proud.
That's an accomplishment? :p

But seriously, I find him interesting too.

The thing is, if you don't, that's fine. But let us please enjoy his inclusion, since it's just annoying putting our excitement down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom