• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Anyways. Lil Mac looks interesting. Has his own meter even. Really looks like Sakurai is going for unique playstyles moreso for newcomers this time around.
There's a difference between being butthurt and being just plain unimpressed.

I'm not mad that Little Mac got in. I just find it very lackluster and uninteresting. He doesn't look fun to play as at all and looks exactly like I expected. Just a typical boxer character. That's not bad per se, just not very attractive.

But again, like I said, still better than Pac-Man. That's literally the only thing that would make me admittedly butthurt unless I change my mind before it possibly happens.

Last edited:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
What a fantastic introductory trailer. The comedic value so stronk (nice reference to a post prior to Brawl's release talking about how short Little Mac is).

And to see Little Mac's slammin body in Smash 4 <3

Looks like another fun and fantastic newcomer. Starting to think that rumor about Pacman is coming to fruition. All that is left is the Pac and Mii. Can't wait.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
What a fantastic introductory trailer. The comedic value so stronk (nice reference to a post prior to Brawl's release talking about how short Little Mac is).

Looks like another fun and fantastic newcomer. Starting to think that rumor about Pacman is coming to fruition. All that is left is the Pac and Mii. Can't wait.
They said they would be revealed at E3. They were not. It's false.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332

Idk if Little Mac's conformation increases the likely hood of Pacman and Mii. Little Mac seemed almost confirmed since the boxing ring had been announced, it's not really a surprise.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
There's a difference between being butthurt and being just plain unimpressed.

I'm not mad that Little Mac got in. I just find it very lackluster and uninteresting. He doesn't look fun to play as at all and looks exactly like I expected. Just a typical boxer character. That's not bad per se, just not very attractive.
Trust me, I am.
I enjoy combo-friendly characters. They allow you to get aggressive and pull off decent combos.
Which is why I wanted him in all this time.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Captain Falcon is going to want royalties...

Also when Iwata teased new Kart racers I legit thought Kirby and C. Falcon were in the game.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Just kidding though.
I'm happy for his fans, it's great that they finally got what they wanted. He was inevitable anyway right? :troll:

Had to give in eventually anyway, I just wanted my roster to be different from the norm but now it just looks like every other one. :laugh:

Though what about Diddy now? It looks like my fears of that tag team have been thrown out the window, so that's a good thing at least.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
LITTLE MAC! LITTLE MAC!
LITTLE ****ING MAC!

ICFJWufgfweiufwgfdsfsgidfhbggiogfkjqhitgthjrqe98iIUUNIDNVVBUVFVFNHDFBHIO843RHUDEFCNEOIJXOWNIOOPAWNCHEDHBUEHIEWBIWDEWIOV9 H BUI

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
So the Boxing Ring was a Punch-Out! stage after all. Take that, ya naysayers!

Though I have to say, it is clever that it used Smash Bros. textures and graphics in place of Punch-Out! ones prior to his reveal.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332

Little Mac confirmed to have a 1-Hit KO when his meter is filled. It must have some monster charge up time.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
**** YES LITTLE MAC!!!

Anything going on in the ND? My computer is slow as hell today

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
LITTLE MAC! LITTLE MAC!
LITTLE ****ING MAC!

ICFJWufgfweiufwgfdsfsgidfhbggiogfkjqhitgthjrqe98iIUUNIDNVVBUVFVFNHDFBHIO843RHUDEFCNEOIJXOWNIOOPAWNCHEDHBUEHIEWBIWDEWIOV9 H BUI
6/7 years later...

And that's how he takes his revenge.
I yelled like a maniac when he was revealed! There's one newcomer on my list!

THEEEEE MAAAACCC IS BAAAACCCKKKK BABY!!!!!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
**** YES!!!!!!! Little Mac was in my top 3 most wanted.

Wario Bros. is a happy, happy, MUTHA ****IN' HAPPY boy!

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...I seriously don't get it.

What the hell do you people possibly see in this guy? O_o

What's with all the hype? I just don't see it.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
...I seriously don't get it.

What the hell do you people possibly see in this guy? O_o

What's with all the hype? I just don't see it.
Have you played the original Punch-Out!? Were you insulted by the fact that he was an assist trophy? We've played the game, loved it, and now: we get to see one of our favorite character duke it out with the rest of them.. plus, he looks like a boss. That helps, if you know what I mean.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I actually never played Punch Out before. But by looking at all the hype surrounding him. I might just try the game out from the 3DS virtual console and see what all the fuss is about.

Anyway, congrats Little Mac supporters! ^_^

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Punch-Out is fun and nostalgic, and Americans love underdog boxer characters. Seems very logical to me.
Even if you've never played a Punch Out game you've gotta be happy with his inclusion since he offers a unique playstyle that hasn't been seen in the Smash series yet.

I always knew he would be a great choice.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Damn Sakurai, you brought the hype ones again, Little Mac looks straight up awesome.

So much variety in gameplay styles, this smash is certainly turning out to be one of the best.

That trailer was pure gold by the way, I really hope all these trailers will make it into the game somehow.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So besides Smash what was in the direct?

I didn't watch it cause satellite internet.
Nothing much, Koopalings in MK8, more Bayonetta 2, X info, bunch of third-party 3DS games.
Little Mac pretty much stole the show on this one.

That baseball game, though, piqued my curiosity because you can barter with real money with the guy selling the mini-games.
They should use that more, that's awesome.

Oh, that blacksmith game looks fun too.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I actually never played Punch Out before. But by looking at all the hype surrounding him. I might just try the game out from the 3DS virtual console and see what all the fuss is about.

Anyway, congrats Little Mac supporters! ^_^
:D Thanks!

Anyway, It's a must-play. Fun and challenging. I have one story where I fought with Bald Bull for an entire afternoon in Washington D.C.... there's no feeling like it. The fight I mean. Not Punch-Out in DC.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
That trailer was pure gold by the way, I really hope all these trailers will make it into the game somehow.
I believe Sakurai already confirmed that we get to see all these trailers in the Wii U version from the very beginning on as a replacement to the SSE cut scenes.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
:D Thanks!

Anyway, It's a must-play. Fun and challenging. I have one story where I fought with Bald Bull for an entire afternoon in Washington D.C.... there's no feeling like it. The fight I mean. Not Punch-Out in DC.
Sounds interesting, guess I'll give the game a shot after the Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney crossover comes out and I've played it. Will be looking forward to it. ^_^

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Nothing much, Koopalings in MK8, more Bayonetta 2, X info, bunch of third-party 3DS games.
Little Mac pretty much stole the show on this one.

That baseball game, though, piqued my curiosity because you can barter with real money with the guy selling the mini-games.
They should use that more, that's awesome.

Oh, that blacksmith game looks fun too.
Is the trailer ofr X up yet? If so link?

Also what are the 3rd party games? At least the ones that are on a physical cartridge.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Sounds interesting, guess I'll give the game a shot after the Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney crossover comes out and I've played it. Will be looking forward to it. ^_^
That was my only complain about today's Direct... no PLVS.AA date for the US yet.

Oh well, that's life.

I'M JUST STILL PUMPED FOR LITTLE MAC MAN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom