• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't want to hear you guys be excited to see him, but you don't see me trying to stop you guys. XD
If you don't want to hear them be excited, then why not go somewhere else? There's literally no reason to be upset about his inclusion.
If you're that dead-set on being frustrated with it, go find a place where the vast majority agrees with you instead of vice versa...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Well, hey! It goes to show that whatever games you have never heard of don't matter.

Yeah, I get that stuttery latency from their Directs sometimes. Wasn't that present for me this time, but oh well. The trailer has been uploaded to YouTube for a better look. It's all you're going to see until we get actually matches. So enjoy!

I wasn't born yesterday. If you happened to be miffed by my previous comment, that's your fault for interpreting my speech that way.
I think I'll throw that last sentence back at you considering it's exactly what I just told you. Pretty sure I don't sound mad at all. if anything, you seem to be the one that's offended since you don't like that I'm not impressed or interested in Mac.

If you're not, then that's cool, buddy.

GUTTER TRASH

Smooth Criminal
Let's argue like gentlemen.
The irony in all of this is that Dudley is actually one of my favorite SF characters, but less for the boxing aspect and more for the gentleman aspect.

Though I don't play SF anyways so not like it matters much. lol

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Now that Mac's confirmed, I can't wait for a certain samurai so that I can have an East vs. West match up. Go for it Samurai Sakurai!

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Never played Punch-Out!!, so I don't have the whole nostalgia thing going for me.

Nonetheless, I do like what I see from the trailer. All of the Newcomers thus far seem very interesting, in fact.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The irony in all of this is that Dudley is actually one of my favorite SF characters, but less for the boxing aspect and more for the gentleman aspect.

Though I don't play SF anyways so not like it matters much. lol
Well of course, he'll combo you and find time for tea.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
If you don't want to hear them be excited, then why not go somewhere else? There's literally no reason to be upset about his inclusion.
If you're that dead-set on being frustrated with it, go find a place where the vast majority agrees with you instead of vice versa...
It's like you don't know how to read or something. o_o

I'm not mad at his inclusion at all. I'm just not impressed by it either. Nothing to be frustrated about, but nothing to be happy about.

Unlike 90% of you here, I'm not looking for someone to agree with me on anything and everything.

The thing is, if you don't, that's fine. But let us please enjoy his inclusion, since it's just annoying putting our excitement down.
I'm sorry, but I fail to see why my not being excited would keep anyone else from being excited. They should just disagree with me and stay hyped like the true fans they are. ¦D

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I think I'll throw that last sentence back at you considering it's exactly what I just told you. Pretty sure I don't sound mad at all. if anything, you seem to be the one that's offended since you don't like that I'm not impressed or interested in Mac.

If you're not, then that's cool, buddy.
I guess I wasn't the only one. Looks like more people than I also got on your back for your disagreement. o.o

You're a cool guy, Wave Kusanagi. We just had a disagreement, really.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Now that Mac's confirmed, I can't wait for a certain samurai so that I can have an East vs. West match up. Go for it Samurai Sakurai!
...Okay, I'm legitimately curious. Who are you referring to? o_o

I guess I wasn't the only one. Looks like more people than I also got on your back for your disagreement. o.o

You're a cool guy, Wave Kusanagi. We just had a disagreement, really.
Nah, less of a disagreement and more of a misunderstanding. We're people. It happens. Nothing to sweat over, Hotcakes.

...Huh, that ended on kind of a dirty sounding note. Curse you and your delicious name. XD

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
...Okay, I'm legitimately curious. Who are you referring to? o_o

Nah, less of a disagreement and more of a misunderstanding. We're people. It happens. Nothing to sweat over, Hotcakes.

...Huh, that ended on kind of a dirty sounding note. Curse you and your delicious name. XD
I go well with butter and jam. :3

Anyways, what would you be like if the artstyle Little Mac initially used in the trailer was him in the real game? Keyframe Mac FTW!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Unlike 90% of you here, I'm not looking for someone to agree with me on anything and everything.
I'm sorry, but I fail to see why my not being excited would keep anyone else from being excited. They should just disagree with me and stay hyped like the true fans they are. ¦D
If you're indifferent, why pester them, then? They're all excited and happy, and you're being square and killing their hype.
It's completely trivial. Are you done?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Takamaru from Murasame Castle, I'd imagine. He's the only actual samurai character being bandied about as a Newcomer candidate.
...Who from what? o.o'

*rubs his head* It's times like these where the fact that I'm not at all a Nintendo fan really becomes very apparent. XD

I go well with butter and jam. :3
But do you go well with Green Eggs and Ham~? ¦3

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
...Who from what? o.o'

*rubs his head* It's times like these where the fact that I'm not at all a Nintendo fan really becomes very apparent. XD
Just an example.
And that's why you have nerds like me around.
But, in a nutshell. It's a Famicom game. Remember Zelda? It's like that...

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
...Who from what? o.o'

I didn't know who he was before Smash 4's announcement either.

He's from a one-off NES title called Mysterious Murasame Castle, released in 1986. I've read that Murasame is to Zelda as Kid Icarus is to Metroid, in that Murasame was much like the original LoZ (all four games debuted in 1986, as it happens).

He's a samurai with magic spells at his disposal, essentially. There's a Takamaru support thread out there, so I guess you can venture there if you want more information. I certainly think he sounds neat, so I'd like to see him make a Smash revival. :)

Kef

Smash Apprentice
I love how everyone oblivious kid calls Mac top tier after seeing a trailer. My dear "OP plz nerf0" crew, please stop saying that a character is top tier after seeing it's reveal trailer. It's a reveal trailer, it is meant to highlight the character as much as possible, so of course you are going to see him body people.

But oh well, people reacted the same way with all the MVC3 trailers.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
If you're indifferent, why pester them, then? They're all excited and happy, and you're being square and killing their hype.
It's completely trivial. Are you done?
If disagreeing or asking questions is pestering, then I guess humans should just never communicate ever, eh? ¦D

And nah, not yet. :3

Just an example.
And that's why you have nerds like me around.
But, in a nutshell. It's a Famicom game. Remember Zelda? It's like that...
I didn't know who he was before Smash 4's announcement either.

He's from a one-off NES title called Mysterious Murasame Castle, released in 1986. I've read that Murasame is to Zelda as Kid Icarus is to Metroid, in that Murasame was much like the original LoZ (all four games debuted in 1986, as it happens).

He's a samurai with magic spells at his disposal, essentially. There's a Takamaru support thread out there, so I guess you can venture there if you want more information. I certainly think he sounds neat, so I'd like to see him make a Smash revival. :)
So it's Zelda with a magical samurai.

Then I'm just gonna say that Takamaru is Samurai Jack before Samurai Jack and that I'd be a-okay with his inclusion. ¦D

Had to make. SOOOOO MAJESTIC.
And suddenly he looks a lot less bland to me. NOW I'm interested. XD

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I love how everyone oblivious kid calls Mac top tier after seeing a trailer. My dear "OP plz nerf0" crew, please stop saying that a character is top tier after seeing it's reveal trailer. It's a reveal trailer, it is meant to highlight the character as much as possible, so of course you are going to see him body people.

It's possible his KO Punch could cause problems at best, and he does look very fast and powerful. He looks strong.

But so has every newcomer, so who knows.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Honestly, I see him mid tier at least.

But I don't care. Dat combo potential.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If disagreeing or asking questions is pestering, then I guess humans should just never communicate ever, eh? ¦D
And nah, not yet. :3
So it's Zelda with a magical samurai.
Then I'm just gonna say that Takamaru is Samurai Jack before Samurai Jack and that I'd be a-okay with his inclusion. ¦D
And suddenly he looks a lot less bland to me. NOW I'm interested. XD
Well it's clear you don't know what any of us are talking about, I'm just wasting my time.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

I gotta watch it again, but I believe I saw him dash through projectiles?

Hard Fox/Falco/Mega Man counter confirmed?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Would you eat me with a fox?
If the fox was Courtney Cox. ¦D

Would you eat me with a box?
Depends, is there a Snake in the box?

Would you eat me in a house?
Would you eat me with a mouse?

Why don't we go two for two and eat in the House of Mouse? =D

Would you eat me here-or-there?
Would you eat me anywhere?
If these choices are direction bound
Why not Up and Down and All Around~? ¦3

Kef

Smash Apprentice
I think you guys missed my point completely. I was not trying to start a discussion about my opinion of Little Mac's tier placement (which is ridiculous to seriously guess at this point), but to point out the public's incentive to start discussing tiers on a game that they haven't played.

Dr. Strange was considered top tier at one point, so was X-23 in vanilla Marvel vs Capcom 3 after their announcement trailers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom