• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Raquesis/Eldigan would've been a better example because unlike Eirika/Ephraim it's pretty much canon.

Heck, in the beta they were even supposed to have kids. >.<
My knowledge of Fire Emblemis limited to only games I have played, I don't look much into games I haven't played before that are in a series I love and are past installments, in this case all western released FEs that isn't FE7.

So Buttons. :L

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Found this on the web: http://www.sporcle.com/games/KCRoyalsFTW/smash_bros
My time is 04:04.
I really like these kind of questions to test my SSB knowledge.
Are you talking in time left or time taken?
I have 4:44 left, with 1:16 taken.
This posted in the April 8th Direct thread, thought it was worth spreading:
http://nintendoeverything.com/bandai-namco-hiring-for-smash-bros-6-which-launches-next-year/

Hopefully its just an arcade booth version of smash. Similar to Mario Kart GP DX
I would hate and love an arcade smash. For one I'd be able to play sm4sh even in arcades, but for two it would eat my quarters even though i probably have the 3ds version in my pocket.
Someone also said it could mean DLC, which would be cool, too.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
A "Smash 6" you say?
Well, I'm not against that.

It could also be false info.
There's really no physical evidence saying it exists. Just implied.
Yeah, it just seems weird. I'm taking it with a grain of salt. And you'd think Nintendo would take the trademark before Namco would, right?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yeah, it just seems weird. I'm taking it with a grain of salt. And you'd think Nintendo would take the trademark before Namco would, right?
Well here's my issue.
See with every Smash game. Sakurai waits a good couple years (specifically when a new console is out) to make the next Smash game.
This, on the other hand, says to be about a year.
This would mean either a port, or they've developed "Smash 6" during Smash 4 (Also what's with that gap?), which doesn't sound like a good design choice.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This genuinely made me sad. :c

Saw this a little while back. I agree in certain aspects, and kind of disagree on others.

There's a lot of factors that goes into this kind of stuff. It is true, that to an extent, we can't help but like what we know. Sometimes we don't care for taking risk of what's different. Hence why games like Mario Sunshine don't sell as much as the "New" Super Mario games. But to completely blame it on the consumer might be jumping the gun a little. But I could be wrong on that.

Either way, games are also far more popular now than they were about a decade ago too. So the sales numbers aren't exactly match up all that well. That's another reason as to why some series have more popular sequels. For each Pokemon or Assassin's Creed, many of the fans will still buy it. While someone else, will be completely new to the series and start with the newest thing on store shelves. That's my guess on how things work.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

The second new kaiju is in this trailer....damn it's very similar to Cloverfield (in appearance) from what we can see.

Also, Godzilla is legitimately terrifying now compared to his other designs.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Well, this Godzilla movie has a viral site with it....this site is creepy and they are denying the existence of other Godzilla kaiju. Even freaking Zilla, King Kong, and Zilla Jr. There's even NON Godzilla Toho kaiju like Orochi and Snowman.

http://www.mutoresearch.net/

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
You know what would be great? If they announce a demo of SSB4 in the Direct. Or if Gamecube games are coming to the Eshop with SSBM being one of the first?

How neat would that be?
#Hype

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
You know what would be great? If they announce a demo of SSB4 in the Direct. Or if Gamecube games are coming to the Eshop with SSBM being one of the first?

How neat would that be?
#Hype
Would still be pissed off that N64 isn't on Wii U yet

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I can't imagine used 64s are very expensive at this point.

Either way they're a worthwhile investment considering we're never going to be getting any of those Rare games re-released.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
http://nintendoeverything.com/bandai-namco-hiring-for-smash-bros-6-which-launches-next-year/
Hopefully its just an arcade booth version of smash. Similar to Mario Kart GP DX
The actual original source itself to the job listing is down. That's a fishy sign. If it was real, we'd likely see Sakurai turn a 180 tomorrow. The game seems like it's starting to near completion... not go into a giant super delay again. I doubt Sakurai will go back on his words.
Once again, it's not like many of us can just drop money immediately.
The times they are a changin'.
Oh, and some of the games well...
Yeesh.
48.81 used. It's not that bad. (Try Misadventures of Tron Bonne.)

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I can't imagine used 64s are very expensive at this point.

Either way they're a worthwhile investment considering we're never going to be getting any of those Rare games re-released.
They aren't expensive, the problem is trying to upkeep them now. The aftermarket controllers are pretty bad and trying to keep in reliable controllers and equipment is a bit of pain at least it seems to be in my collection. Unless your lucky enough to find some quality controllers for the thing which I unforunately have not.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I have a N64, I've had since I was little. :L

I have Mario Kart 64, Pokemon Stadium, The New Tetris, Super Mario 64,Wave Race, Spider Man, Ocarina of Time(gold), Super Smash Bros, and Rocket: Robot on Wheels.

And 2 controllers.

Everything is still working properly. And everything is like over 20 years old. Nintendo knows how to make consoles last at least. lol

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My only game in horrid shape, ironically, in SSB64. Rest work fine most of the time~

And yeah, the upkeep can be a pain in the bass sometimes.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Still, you could just as easily get said game on the Wii Shop (before it closes) for about ten dollars.
Or better yet, emulators.
Well, seeing how the WSC isn't closing anytime soon... I think you'll be good! :laugh:
(It's how I got it, until I found a replacement from a neighbor)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
They aren't expensive, the problem is trying to upkeep them now. The aftermarket controllers are pretty bad and trying to keep in reliable controllers and equipment is a bit of pain at least it seems to be in my collection. Unless your lucky enough to find some quality controllers for the thing which I unforunately have not.
Yesh, after this point in time many of the controllers are fairly sucky, but if you can at least get your hands on one that isn't too terrible you can at least play through the single-player games, of which there are many quality choices... plus the Rare games. Luckily I have found a place that has a few acceptable controllers for sale (though not all my current 64's controllers are beat to **** yet), best of luck on your search.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The direct starts in like an hour right?

I won't be watching it live, *insert rant about satellite internet here*, but I do wanna be here for the, inevitable, information flood that will happen.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I've gone through like four of them and not one has put up with more then a handful of days befores the analog sticks start going bad.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I've gone through like four of them and not one has put up with more then a handful of days befores the analog sticks start going bad.
Analog sticks on N64 controllers are usually really bad if they are the older ones (because that was before the Mario Party court case issue when they redesigned the controllers). I've only had two my whole time and one of them [the one I use mostly] is a custom one with a GCN-styled analog stick.
No, that's not what I mean.
See, there's a reason why this will be the first Smash I've ever owned...
I'm not catching your drift? Elaborate, perhaps? :laugh:

Something I've just though about... this could be Bandai Namco's attempt at a strong push of these games onto competitive players. Fighting games in actual arcades have a huge following in Japan.
Hey, that's how they do location tests with most games!
[Why do they not do it here... I wish they did.] I still go to my local arcade to play 3rd Strike.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
With my original N64 I had the official controllers that lasted for yeasr, however as very few of the offical ones still exist, it's the aftermarket controllers which are usually cheap and poorly put together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom