• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I have a really versatile taste in music, but my absolute fave is house. Although I do enjoy any song with a good beat, I don't give a single craps about the lyrics. They may be insulting my family in the most obscene way for all I care, as long as it flows nicely with the beat.

EDIT:
Holy Crap Mewtwoking started streaming!
GODDAYUM!!!

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
How did we get from SSB4 to Devil Came down to Georgia?
Blood magic.

Some of the most recent tracks that I've been digging:

[collapse=Recent Stuff]
Insomnium [Melodic Death Metal]:

Arch Enemy [Melodic Death Metal]:

Animals as Leaders [Prog Metal]

Daniel Voth [Fingerstyle]

\m/ >_< \m/
[/collapse]

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
D

Deleted member

Metal Mario is his own character at this point.

Super Smash Bros made him a character.
You can play as him in Mario Golf for the 64.
Final boss of Wario's story for Dr. Mario 64, as Dr. Metal Mario.
MK7/8, as you already know.
He's a downloadable character for Mario Tennis Open as well.

He's just a spin-off only character, like Waluigi. :p
Underlined shouldn't count; that was Dr. Mario transformed.
In the other examples, it's a separate Metal Mario entity from Mario.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I am very all over the place when it comes to music. Sometimes I'm a Disturbed, Slipknot, White Zombie kinda guy, other times I really like The Bee Gees (when they started using their falsetto voices, not the prior stuff), Michael Jackson, and Earth Wind and Fire. Yet other times I'm totally jammin out to Jock Jamz or the Space Jam album or other 90s dance music. Even still I also find myself listening to 80s music and all that stuff. Then I go to my first job at an antique/collector's boutique and they have John Mellencamp and Billy Joel and Journey going on... those three would play on the Bus CONSTANTLY in my Grade School days, so I came to calling that "bus riding music".... except Separate Ways never did play, it was always Don't Stop Believin and Faithfully.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Pretty much listen exclusively to VGM, sometimes anime music (though most anime music isn't that good at all).

I pretty much avoid most "mainstream" music and genres (especially metal, rock, country, rap, etc.) as much as I can, since it has never appealed to me in my life.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I am very all over the place when it comes to music. Sometimes I'm a Disturbed, Slipknot, White Zombie kinda guy, other times I really like The Bee Gees (when they started using their falsetto voices, not the prior stuff), Michael Jackson, and Earth Wind and Fire. Yet other times I'm totally jammin out to Jock Jamz or the Space Jam album or other 90s dance music. Even still I also find myself listening to 80s music and all that stuff. Then I go to my first job at an antique/collector's boutique and they have John Mellencamp and Billy Joel and Journey going on... those three would play on the Bus CONSTANTLY in my Grade School days, so I came to calling that "bus riding music".... except Separate Ways never did play, it was always Don't Stop Believin and Faithfully.
Damn bus riding music. a bus driver I had listened to the same country station every day and at the same time every day they would play the same song. there were a few days where I wanted to yell at her to turn it off, there is definitely such thing as getting sick of a song. mom did the same thing, she'd play a single CD for MONTHS until no one ever wanted to hear it again.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I tend to listen to a lot of VGM and Hip-hop/rap music, but i pretty much like all forms of music except Death Metal and Dub-step

I really like 80's Disco/Funk music more than anything really. I fuxs with Earth, Wind and Fire, Barry White, Kool Gang and the Bee Gees.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Can I hit this list dealio up?
I've been listening to the old crooners lately. My gosh they've got some good songs.

Just In Time - Dean Martin
Midnight Swinger - Mel Tormé - This song describes me too well TT_TT
Charade - Bobby Darin
What Is This Thing Called Love? - Keely Smith
Nobody But Me - Lou Rawls

If you want a taste of what once was, give 'em a look-see.
If you want a taste of what once was in a different sense, I've been listening to. . .
Dvorak's 9th symphony. The second movement should sound familiar to everyone. If it does not sound familiar to you, I am truly sorry you have been so deprived of such beauty.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Damn bus riding music. a bus driver I had listened to the same country station every day and at the same time every day they would play the same song. there were a few days where I wanted to yell at her to turn it off, there is definitely such thing as getting sick of a song. mom did the same thing, she'd play a single CD for MONTHS until no one ever wanted to hear it again.
And you know what the funny part was? I took to walking to and from school as time went on so I hadn't heard any of the songs ever again until I took up my job (of three) at an antique shop/collectors boutique opening up the shop and closing the shop and researching antiques and collector stuff (LPs, 45 RPMs, old doodads from yesteryear, etc) that I started hearing the songs again and somehow, all these years later I still remembered that song, "My Life" by Billy Joel and... you know what the funny part of it all was? I ended up liking it! I ended up being like "Yeah yeah, I rode bus to this song!" and now I have it playing when I'm at/doing my other two jobs.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
How about I list my last 5 songs I listen to on YouTube to get a little taste? this isn't going to turn out good...

Right, um, those songs are pretty random when I think about it.

All this music talk has got me excited to here Smash 4's soundtrack! I wish music snippets are uploaded somehow. Ah well, it's no big for me really.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I tend to listen to a lot of VGM and Hip-hop/rap music, but i pretty much like all forms of music except Death Metal and Dub-step

I really like 80's Disco/Funk music more than anything really. I fuxs with Earth, Wind and Fire, Barry White, Kool Gang and the Bee Gees.

Here here! I like me some disco/funk too! Give me something to dance to any day! And yes, I get a big kick out of the falsetto voices that became popular in the 70s, largely thanks to Bee Gees. Don't know why, I just kinda do. When I'm not interested in screaming music, it's falsetto voice. Perhaps because you don't hear it often anymore beyond an act of parody?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Underlined shouldn't count; that was Dr. Mario transformed.
In the other examples, it's a separate Metal Mario entity from Mario.
I got my information from a Mario Wiki, it was the most convenient one. They treated it as it's own character and not as a transformation, as they didn't have other transformations on there. So eh, my bad.

I really like 80's Disco/Funk music more than anything really.
Ya' know. That doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Why the hell did they have to bring that metal clone back? He's just Mario with the effects of the Metal Cap and a forgettable character from Super Smash Bros.
Mario, Baby Mario, and Metal Mario are all playable in Mario Kart 8... SMH

I'm waiting for Nintendo to add Fire Mario, Ice Mario, Tanooki Mario, Frog Mario, Bee Mario, and Cat Mario as separate characters. :rolleyes:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wait a minute

Ben 10's story is the same as green lantern

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Y'know there's actually a few music threads, guys/gals
All this music talk has got me excited to here Smash 4's soundtrack! I wish music snippets are uploaded somehow. Ah well, it's no big for me really.
This has nothing to do with your post, but your avi made me think of this.

Cooking with Raiden.png

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So I saw DBZ Battle of the Gods today. This was a solid, enjoyable film and a great callback for all the old DBZ fans. Some of the best change ups was seeing Goku actually lose again in the final battle for a change instead of being super OP. Watching Bills beat SSJ3 Goku with a pinky was really satisfying for some reason. Don't get me wrong, I like Goku, I just like to see him lose sometimes like back in Dragon Ball in that awesome match against Jackie Chun/Roshi. Whis and Bills were very enjoyable antagonists and a nice change from most of the typical "blow everything up cause i'm evil" enemies. They just treat everything like a day at the park. Well, more Whis than Bills, who freaks out over pudding funny enough. I enjoyed every moment with these two on screen. The film's main shining aspect I would say is the comedy though. Whis and Bill's casual approach to everything, watching even Shenron cower to Bills, Piccolo karaoke, Gohan's drunk scene, etc. I couldn't stop laughing at Vegeta's Bingo song and dance scene. Also, Super Saiyan God looks fairly aesthetically pleasing.

Of course, the film isn't perfect though. I was hoping the rest of the Z fighters would of fought a bit more, instead of all of them being done for the count after 1 hit. Especially my favorite character Gohan :/. Granted though, it makes sense. They were fighting a god afterall.

But some parts bugged me a lot. Mainly the part when they give THE FREAKING DRAGON BALLS away as a Bingo prize. Like wtf? Who cares how rich you are, these things can grant anything you want! Remember when they went through perilous quests to get these things? Yeah, to see them given away as a bloody door prize just kind of irks me.

Also throughout the movie everyone keeps referring to Bills as the "rude impolite" person. Did they not see how Fat Buu acted? Bills was perfectly polite unless that pink fatty decided to be a total glutton and screw things up. No one gets on his case though! I mean, Bills overreacted yes, but give Buu some of the blame here.

And the fighting wasn't really anything special.

Oh, and I guess Videl's pregnancy technically *sigh* makes GT canon...

All in all, I'd give this film a solid 8/10. Tbh, I haven't seen the rest of the films in a while, but this ranks as amongst my favorites. Trunk's story (if that's what it was called with Gohan as his mentor in the future) was good from what I recall too because it was just so dark compared to the rest.

Why am I posting this here? Idk, I don't visit any other topics sides the SSB4 and the unhappy thread anyways so..yeah.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The thing I like is they actually question whether Goku is "pure of heart"

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I got my information from a Mario Wiki, it was the most convenient one. They treated it as it's own character and not as a transformation, as they didn't have other transformations on there. So eh, my bad.
I don't think it's known if in that particular story if Metal Dr. Mario and Vampire Wario were actual physical clones of the originals and transformed, or just transformations.

In the Mario Kart games, Metal Mario seems to be a different person. Baby Mario and Mario have existed int he same time line and explained that it's doable via time travel, so that works fine. SSB is the only time Metal Mario gets complicated. In Smash 64, he and Giant DK(the latter possibly being a reference to the first Donkey Kong game, and could theoretically be meant to represent Cranky Kong's younger giant form?) are treated very separately. Melee/Brawl seem to drop this due to the transformation items. They both show up as bosses slightly in Melee, but aren't separate character files, just physical statues changes via coding. So maybe in 64 Metal Mario was meant to be a unique person, Melee barely suggests it in Adventure Mode, specially when he teams up with Metal Luigi, but Brawl drops this entirely, and seeing Metal Mario via any Single Player mode is a challenge.

To reiterate;

64: Different being
Melee: Maybe different?
Brawl: Transformation, yep

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I didn't know it was possible for that to go there....

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
My point stands. He does it on weekdays. Also, our Sunday is their Monday, so...

That said, this is neat.
No that's not right, I'm usually a day ahead of everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom