• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ok what the hell.

I go into Blighttown. I'm doing good starting out. Took out 3 dudes with clubs, They were easy. Took out 2 bigger Zombie things. The first one scared me though. It leeched onto me and sucked the lifeforce out of me. I take out the second. After I take it out I suddenly, out of no where, start getting affected with poison, and taking damage, but I don't understand how. I get poisoned. I eat a Purple Moss, it's suppose to heal poison after all, IT DOES JACK SQUAT!

LIKE WHAT THE HELL!?

It's says on the goddamn ****ing description that is cures poison. But it didn't cure me of poison AT ALL. Stupid game lied too me. I try to rush it back to the Bonfire in the depths, but nope nope nope. Died before I got there, I got close to.

Seriously though. What the **** happened. >_<

@ the music talk. If I had to pick a fave genre of music that isn't videogame music then it would be Country. Like Devil Went Down to Georgia kinda Country.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ok what the hell.
I go into Blighttown. I'm doing good starting out. Took out 3 dudes with clubs, They were easy. Took out 2 bigger Zombie things. The first one scared me though. It leeched onto me and sucked the lifeforce out of me. I take out the second. After I take it out I suddenly, out of no where, start getting affected with poison, and taking damage, but I don't understand how. I get poisoned. I eat a Purple Moss, it's suppose to heal poison after all, IT DOES JACK SQUAT! LIKE WHAT THE HELL!?
It's says on the goddamn ****ing description that is cures poison. But it didn't cure me of poison AT ALL.

Not Poison status. Toxic status. Blowdart Snipers say hi.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I kind of dropped out of modern rock and roll.
Anything past 2002 for me usually is EDM/Electronic or Coldplay. Though I dabble in punk.
Anything before 2002 is usually old rock or classical.
I find myself in a mirrored situation.

At first, it was Whatever Was On the Radio. Then, in my earlier teens, I got on the Hard Rock bandwagon (Slipknot, Korn, Disturbed, Sevendust, etc.). By the Middle School-High School transition, I began similarly transitioning to Metal in general, and from there, an exploration into the abundance of sub-genres and overlaps.

So the majority of my current musical regimen consists primarily of post-2000 Metal (a majority of Melodic Death Metal, but also generous smatterings of Prog/Death/Folk/Black/Industrial/etc. Metal).

Rock and Roll, or Classic Rock, are not genres I really dabble in. Anything pre-90s generally doesn't appeal to me. Not that I don't appreciate old(er)school stuff (Metallica, Iron Maiden, etc.); it is merely that the stuff I enjoyed most happens to have come out during the mid-90s or later.

Though I also do enjoy Classical (i.e. Symphonic) music, as well as the general VGM/OST/Neo-Classical fare. And Fingerstyle Guitar.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I only really like music I hear from video games now a days.

Also, as for nickelback...

>.>
<.<

I will admit to liking that Photograph song but that is it I SWEAR!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Anyone else like chiptunes?

Beep-boop-beep-beep-bleep-bzzzt-BLOOP

8-bit's the way!

Honestly though, I don't have a fave music genre. I listen to anything that's pleasurable to me (which is subjective of course).

I remember I went through an old skool rave phase, then trance (especially dark psy I used to listen to excessively), then some obscure genre ****. Hmm what was it called... can't remember... oh, there was also happy hardcore... before that I think was country and indie rock/folk. I like retro stuff as well... Yep, I can't really say a fave genre nor artist. :laugh:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
WHAT THE ****!?
How is Toxic not goddamn ****ing poison!?
That's just so ****ing stupid. >_>
Toxic is a more lethal version of Poison. It really doesn't make sense, honestly, as in Demon's Souls there was poison, and then Plague, which was much stronger. Only, Plague made a lot more sense than "toxic" as Poison status was given by enemies with actual venom or poison-tipped weapons. Plague was actual disease. But in Dark Souls, Plague is replaced by Toxic, which...you get from Blowdarts? Whatever.

Anyway, to counter Toxic you need Blooming Purple Moss. Blowdart Snipers give you Toxic. Everything else gives you Poison. They're almost impossible to see so you'll have to snipe them first or clear out the other enemies and melee them, where they're defenceless. Also, they don't respawn, so you only have to kill them once. Also, when exploring areas with Snipers, you should give yourself an "immunity" by tossing a few Dung Pies, which give you Toxic, albeit a much less dangerous strain.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Toxic is a more lethal version of Poison. It really doesn't make sense, honestly, as in Demon's Souls there was poison, and then Plague, which was much stronger. Only, Plague made a lot more sense than "toxic" as Poison status was given by enemies with actual venom or poison-tipped weapons. Plague was actual disease. But in Dark Souls, Plague is replaced by Toxic, which...you get from Blowdarts? Whatever.

Anyway, to counter Toxic you need Blooming Purple Moss. Blowdart Snipers give you Toxic. Everything else gives you Poison. They're almost impossible to see so you'll have to snipe them first or clear out the other enemies and melee them, where they're defenceless. Also, they don't respawn, so you only have to kill them once. Also, when exploring areas with Snipers, you should give yourself an "immunity" by tossing a few Dung Pies, which give you Toxic, albeit a much less dangerous strain.
Great those cost 1000 souls. Bah.

I didn't even know I was getting attacked by a Blowdart Sniper. So I have no idea how I am going to snipe them out. I dunno how I feel about making myself Toxic with Dung Pies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
As for the music discussion, I'm a punk rock guy myself. Though I am also a huge fan of classical music, classic rock and some metal. BUT NOT COUNTRY AND RAP. GRRRR LIVING IN GEORGIA SUCKS.

One of my favorite songs. Explicit.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Music topic?
What I listen to:
Hip-Hop, Rap
:denzel:

What I think is actually good music:
Classical
Instrumentals
VGM

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
Oh, they're Rock, I assure you!
In the 80s glam metal was a commercialized version of real metal that all started with van halen, other glam metal bands (also known as hair metal) includes def leppard ( whom are one of the few quality glam metal bands) moetly crue, whom are pretty good, poison which sucks, twisted sister which also sucks, and this genre died when nirvana happened , other big things in the 80s was new wave(devo, flock of seagulls, men with out hats), thrash metal( mettallica, megadeth, slayer, anthrex), the surviving 70s metal bands(black Sabbath, judas priest, iron Maiden) and there where some normal rock bands thrown in( queen, aerosmith, though 80s aerosmith was a drop in quality from 70s aerosmith though not as bad as 90s aerosmith or modern aerosmith)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I feel like the only person here who likes Country lol.
I'm okay with it when it's almost Classic Rock. Then it's okay.
Any Country from the past two or three decades is probably garbage to me, though. And don't get me started on Pop country.

Great those cost 1000 souls. Bah.

I didn't even know I was getting attacked by a Blowdart Sniper. So I have no idea how I am going to snipe them out. I dunno how I feel about making myself Toxic with Dung Pies.
Trust me, Dung Pies won't kill you unless you're being attacked by enemies too. Though Blooming Mos is quite expensive, indeed. Don't waste them XD

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm okay with it when it's almost Classic Rock. Then it's okay.
Any Country from the past two or three decades is probably garbage to me, though. And don't get me started on Pop country.
B-b-b-b-but Redo Solo Cup;

Trust me, Dung Pies won't kill you unless you're being attacked by enemies too. Though Blooming Mos is quite expensive, indeed. Don't waste them XD
Still, I'm gonna need to farm souls anyway, even if I wanna buy a lot of Dung Pies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
In addition to VGM, I enjoy almost every genre of music. I generally dislike Rap songs, though there are very few songs of that genre that I like.

Most of the time I like Pop, Rock, mostly songs that are upbeat. Country is pretty cool too.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
In the 80s glam metal was a commercialized version of real metal that all started with van halen, other glam metal bands (also known as hair metal) includes def leppard ( whom are one of the few quality glam metal bands) moetly crue, whom are pretty good, poison which sucks, twisted sister which also sucks, and this genre died when nirvana happened , other big things in the 80s was new wave(devo, flock of seagulls, men with out hats), thrash metal( mettallica, megadeth, slayer, anthrex), the surviving 70s metal bands(black Sabbath, judas priest, iron Maiden) and there where some normal rock bands thrown in( queen, aerosmith, though 80s aerosmith was a drop in quality from 70s aerosmith though not as bad as 90s aerosmith or modern aerosmith)
That makes no difference! Bon Jovi is still Rock music.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
B-b-b-b-but Redo Solo Cup;

That's mildly amusing, I suppose. Probably not representative of the genre, however.

And I'm not interested in fun, upbeat party music as a rule. XD

Okay, okay, that's actually pretty awesome.
But then again, it isn't primarily about trucks, tractors, cheating women, cheating men, or animals.
Hah!

Yeah, from what little I've heard, Country doesn't seem sonically or lyrically diverse (at least, not in comparison to other genres). Though I'm sure Country is probably more diverse than I'd give it credit for, as I'm sure advocates might try to tell me (though I'm not inclined to see for myself to begin with).

That makes no difference! Bon Jovi is still Rock music.
I think the point being made is that Bon Jovi started out with a Glam Rock/Metal sound, though they've since shifted to a more general Rock style (last I heard of them, anyway).

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah, from what little I've heard, Country doesn't seem sonically or lyrically diverse (at least, not in comparison to other genres). Though I'm sure Country is probably more diverse than I'd give it credit for, as I'm sure advocates might try to tell me (though I'm not inclined to see for myself to begin with).
That's my problem with it. Same goes for Rap. All the popular stuff is really, really stupid.
Also, I kind of enjoyed the song CliffJumper linked because that blending of Rock and banjo is really rad.

Really, the main kind of music I enjoy comes from video games.

This man is a god and you will never be as good at composing as him.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I pretty much enjoy any type of music. Rock, jazz, chiptune, pop, country, "classical", whatever. As long as it's good IDGAF what you'd call it.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
That's my problem with it. Same goes for Rap. All the popular stuff is really, really stupid.
Also, I kind of enjoyed the song CliffJumper linked because that blending of Rock and banjo is really rad.

Really, the main kind of music I enjoy comes from video games.

This man is a god and you will never be as good at composing as him.
That's not Nobuo Uematsu. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom