• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Wasn't possible to dodge the Blue Shell in Double Dash?

I distinctly remember dodging it, at least one, in that game.
I know it's possible in MKWii and MK7 (albeit difficult).
MKDD I'm not sure.

Edit: Looked it up.
Yes, it's possible.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I know it's possible in MKWii and MK7 (albeit difficult).
MKDD I'm not sure.

Edit: Looked it up.
Yes, it's possible.
Then why complain about it if you can dodge. I'm pretty sure you get warned that it is coming for you. Just get better and learn how to dodge it. .-.

(this post isn't directed to you Mister, but to the person I saw complaining about the Blue show in the previous page)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Then why complain about it if you can dodge. I'm pretty sure you get warned that it is coming for you. Just get better and learn how to dodge it. .-.

(this post isn't directed to you Mister, but to the person I saw complaining about the Blue show in the previous page)
You can dodge the Blue Shell? Neato! I'll have to research and try it next time I play MK.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I went to the store today. They had Death Note for sell, a volume 1 and volume 2 (together would mean all 37 episodes). I sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wanted to get them. As I really want to finish the series, I started watching it before but then we got satellite internet, and start from the beginning again as well (I watched about half of the episodes). >_<

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I think he's trying to say only certain people in the WAY back can get it. And even then, maybe the Blue Shell can only be grabbed this time around if they've stayed in the back... But I'm just speculating.
sorry for being a page later
that doesn't change the fact that you can loose against the one in 2nd without him doing anything the worst is that you can't prevent it.

so, I'll wait but for now it looks like I'm going to pass on mk8

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Here's an idea, if you know there is a blue shell coming, and the second place person is close enough that they'll pass you, slow down until you get to second place and let THEM get hit.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
sorry for being a page later
that doesn't change the fact that you can loose against the one in 2nd without him doing anything the worst is that you can't prevent it.

so, I'll wait but for now it looks like I'm going to pass on mk8
Don't do that... everyone above has suggested multiple options for avoiding the Blue Shells. If you have a problem with the game, brainstorm and figure out a solution. It's not like it's a.... GAME BREAKING ITEM!!!

http://dundundun.net/

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Don't do that... everyone above has suggested multiple options for avoiding the Blue Shells. If you have a problem with the game, brainstorm and figure out a solution. It's not like it's a.... GAME BREAKING ITEM!!!

http://dundundun.net/
that's actually why I'm wondering why there's no toggle on/off for EVERY ITEM in online race. Really I read that it'll be the same as mk7 which was weird (no item / all items / only one particular item) so why can't I turn off all except this one? Also, yes I know you can bypass this by using a mushroom or get 2nd but it's so rare I got close enough the 2nd one AND have the time to react and for the mushroom... I don't even think I got it while the shell was there. Also, no it's not a game breaking item but it's so annoying that it makes my online experience less fun and I realized that the best part of mk is the online so this means that the main argument I would have to get this game is not solid as it was so basically, I lost interest of buying it.

This is not the case for smash btw where I buy the game because of every content in the game (it's a tribute to my best company and the game itself is art like other referenced game so i don't mind here if online is bad.)

D

Deleted member

Here's an idea, if you know there is a blue shell coming, and the second place person is close enough that they'll pass you, slow down until you get to second place and let THEM get hit.
Pretty sure it aims for whoever was in first when it was launched.

Unless that was changed for 7, have yet to play it.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I think an Item switch (at least in local) to Mario Kart would be amazing.
I usually play Items Off in MK7 because of three items that are just unfair.
Blue Shell, Bullet Bill and Star.
I believe it's the same in 7.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
That would suck if you somehow lost your place all the way to 5th and then was hit by the Blue Shell meant for you due to being in first place, and then fell off a bridge and ended up in 12th.

I'm pretty sure I've seen that happen before.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So to update on my Dark Souls progress. I defeated the Gaping Dragon, 3rd try. And holy **** did it give me a lot of souls. Took my Soul count to 27000+. I back tracked to Firelink Shrike, bought Purple Moss from the Female Undead Merchant, like 20. Leveled my Attunement stat by one, so I can have 3 slots. Upgraded my flame hand to +4. Bought Fire Orb. I spent my Souls rather quickly. xD

Now then I'm torn between 2 things to do. To go ahead to Blight Town or to Farm Souls from the Basilisks in the Depths and upgrade my armor some. I'm leaning towards the latter, but Titanite farming, specifically for the common shards, is eh, I'll probably just rack up enough Souls to buy tons of Shards from Andre and then upgrade. I'm leaning towards the latter. As I want to improve my armor up some.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So to update on my Dark Souls progress. I defeated the Gaping Dragon, 3rd try. And holy **** did it give me a lot of souls. Took my Soul count to 27000+. I back tracked to Firelink Shrike, bought Purple Moss from the Female Undead Merchant, like 20. Leveled my Attunement stat by one, so I can have 3 slots. Upgraded my flame hand to +4. Bought Fire Orb. I spent my Souls rather quickly. xD

Now then I'm torn between 2 things to do. To go ahead to Blight Town or to Farm Souls from the Basilisks in the Depths and upgrade my armor some. I'm leaning towards the latter, but Titanite farming, specifically for the common shards, is eh, I'll probably just rack up enough Souls to buy tons of Shards from Andre and then upgrade. I'm leaning towards the latter. As I want to improve my armor up some.
Well, you can buy Titanite shards from Andre, and Large Titanite Shards from the Giant Blacksmith (Anor Londo)

But Titanite Chunks are precious. And Titanite Slabs are damn near impossible to obtain.

Also, yes, go ahead to Blighttown. Farming Basilisks is never viable. There are many other better opportunities to farm. Also, considering you're wearing Wanderer and Thief gear (at least you were) you should be fine against poison.

Have fun in Lagtown :)

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well, you can buy Titanite shards from Andre, and Large Titanite Shards from the Giant Blacksmith (Anor Londo)

But Titanite Chunks are precious. And Titanite Slabs are damn near impossible to obtain.

Also, yes, go ahead to Blighttown. Farming Basilisks is never viable. There are many other better opportunities to farm. Also, considering you're wearing Wanderer and Thief gear (at least you were) you should be fine against poison.

Have fun in Lagtown :)
Blighttown it is then.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why the hell did they have to bring that metal clone back? He's just Mario with the effects of the Metal Cap and a forgettable character from Super Smash Bros.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Why the hell did they have to bring that metal clone back? He's just Mario with the effects of the Metal Cap and a forgettable character from Super Smash Bros.
I don't think that's such a big problem in a Mario Kart game. Unlike in a Smash Bros. game.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Metal Mario is his own character at this point.

Super Smash Bros made him a character.
You can play as him in Mario Golf for the 64.
Final boss of Wario's story for Dr. Mario 64, as Dr. Metal Mario.
MK7/8, as you already know.
He's a downloadable character for Mario Tennis Open as well.

He's just a spin-off only character, like Waluigi. :p

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Why the hell did they have to bring that peach clone Rosalina in MarioKart Wii? She's just a another blonde girl with blue eyes just with a blue dress, and only truly appeared in a single game at the time. It's because she meant something to the player, and she deserves attention, and the developers felt the same about Metal Mario. Now look at Rosalina, playable in even main series Mario games and in smash.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Why the hell did they have to bring that peach clone Rosalina in MarioKart Wii? She's just a another blonde girl with blue eyes just with a blue dress, and only truly appeared in a single game at the time. It's because she meant something to the player, and she deserves attention, and the developers felt the same about Metal Mario. Now look at Rosalina, playable in even main series Mario games and in smash.
Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat's a bit of a stretch. Don'tcha think?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

It's not like that in Mario Kart Wii. It aims for whoever is currently in first. It's like that in DS too, and I think Double Dash as well. The other Mario Kart games I haven't played, so I wouldn't know on those.

I've done that many times in MKWii, the one problem is with the timing. If the Shell is just about to strike, and someone passes you by, it will still try to hit you despite not being in first.

So yeah, useful, but risky strategy.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Mario Kart does not have the same criteria as Smash Bros.
Yeah, Mario Kart 7 made her even more unbearable and annoying compared to her more quitter personality from Super Mario Galaxy. I mean, it was almost as bad as making Rosalina so peppy in the same game. :urg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom