• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Let's talk mechanics. What if Sakurai implemeted something that, if you pressed at a certain time, would cancel the attack you initiated? Kind of like a feint. Maybe it could be on one of the shield buttons a la l cancelling/teching?

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I never really cared about the MK games. :L

So...what games have ya'll been playin' lately?

I finished Snake Eater again yesterday and currently i'm playing Sonic 3 & Knuckles. I can't wait untill Ice Cap Zone!
Dark Souls, Ni No Kuni Wrath of the Whit Witch, Dishonored, Kingdom Hearts 1.5, and Smash games. For now anyway. :L

Also, on a different note.

I found out Aksys Games have been having some kind of trouble lately or something. Anyway, apparently there is doubt that there will be a 3rd game to the Zero's Escape Trilogy. Please don't let that happpen. Please oh please don't. I need my closure on how the trilogy will end . ;-;

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
God dangit guys. I submitted an idea here and you guys come along and post, which buries my idea at the last post of 299. Now no one's gonna see it. I do not approve.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Let's talk mechanics. What if Sakurai implemeted something that, if you pressed at a certain time, would cancel the attack you initiated? Kind of like a feint. Maybe it could be on one of the shield buttons a la l cancelling/teching?
Only if possible on chargable projectiles. That's it.

Otherwise no. It wouldn't be good if every character could cancel every attack. :/

I wouldn't mind it if a single character function in a way similar to PM Lucario though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Only if possible on chargable projectiles. That's it.

Otherwise no. It wouldn't be good if every character could cancel every attack. :/

I wouldn't mind it if a single character function in a way similar to PM Lucario though.
Yeah, I would have to agree with you on that one. If every move was cancelable it'd make nearly every near broken.

Also I found this. Not too sure how old it was. But I found it amusing nonetheless.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Why do people keep saying that Sega is gonna be bought out by Nintendo? Are they really in bad shape? Could have sworn they just bought out Atlas, so they've got to have some kind of money lying around. If anything, I'd expect some kind of new game announcement. Or perhaps some decent news for an already announced game.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Why do people keep saying that Sega is gonna be bought out by Nintendo? Are they really in bad shape? Could have sworn they just bought out Atlas, so they've got to have some kind of money lying around. If anything, I'd expect some kind of new game announcement. Or perhaps some decent news for an already announced game.
You really don't understand! Nintendo and SEGA get along very well. And there are these reports that Nintendo has enough money to survive until 2050, so yes, they can afford it. And Nintendo buying out SEGA can be a mutual benefit as far as economic balance.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You really don't understand! Nintendo and SEGA get along very well. And there are these reports that Nintendo has enough money to survive until 2050, so yes, they can afford it. And Nintendo buying out SEGA can be a mutual benefit as far as economic balance.
Business certainly has no power of friendship.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, there are more signs that make Nintendo buying up SEGA highly possible.
Well then, do elaborate. Oh, and don't forget sources and evidence to back your claims.

EDIT: Raiden in Smash Bros.?

Found this on GameFAQs:

Is there a game franchise you'd particularly like to appear in?

Let me think about that. Well the Metal Gear series is always coming in and out of my ‘field’. We have put bids out on it a couple of times. Raiden was always a character that I had wanted to play. I did end up playing him on Super Smash Bros; so I did end up playing him eventually. NOT to the extent that he is in the other games.

Really I can’t think of any others, I don’t know. Im so lucky to have work on all the major franchises that anyone could possibly work on or even dream to work on.

Oh, Portal. Is that possible even?! (laughing)

I just feel blessed with all the video game opportunities I’ve had chance to partake in, so I feel like I’ve got it pretty well covered.
This is from an interview with voice actor Reuben Langdon, known for voicing Dante from Devil May Cry and Ken from Street Fighter.

Source

Post on GameFAQs

Thoughts? My only problem with this is that the interview was published on March 31st, so it could be a early April Fools joke.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well then, do elaborate. Oh, and don't forget sources and evidence to back your claims.
This is gonna be a really long post, are you ready for it?

Ok, first off, since it was a crossover, Nintendo and SEGA have reportedly considered disqualifying Mario and Sonic at the 2014 Sochi Olympic Games as part of their three game deal, making there still one game left in this deal.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/221904-...oom-is-the-second-of-sega-s-3-game-sonic-deal

Secondly, the next big Sonic thing, Sonic Boom, being promoted by a TV show and toy line is also represented by games, the first being first and foremost for Nintendo devices, as well as the Year of Sonic still being announced while the deal is still in effect.

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/02/sonic-boom-game-coming-exclusively-to-wii-u3ds-video/

And as everyone else may know who has played the Nintendo exclusive Sonic Lost World, the Yoshi's Island and Zelda DLC Is available on the EShop for free.

Lastly, Bayonetta 2 was announced as Nintendo exclusive during the February Nintendo Direct this year.

I didn't have to expect to have to type a research paper about this, but Frosty being a moderator, I guess I had to.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Mario Kart 8 is starting to look even better. Glad to see Shy Guy playable, the new tracks are amazing, some of my favorite tracks are back with some fantastic redesigning, and the new items are fresh and look really fun.

Can't say I'm happy to see Baby Daisy back though...not at all.

I swear if Baby Rosalina finally becomes a thing, AND King Boo doesn't return...

Crossing my fingers for the return of Petey Piranhaa and King Boo.
Everyone's hoping for King Boo to come back.

Meanwhile I'm still here, hoping that somehow Kirby will be playable in MK8.....:urg:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So, don't know if anyone is talking about this anywhere, but I'm pretty sure we won't get a direct tomorrow, and probably not for next week either. I think Nintendo would have saved that Mario Kart trailer if that was the case (I know it was also an embargo lift, but they did make a trailer for it.) Still thinking we will get one this month, though.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This is gonna be a really long post, are you ready for it?

Ok, first off, since it was a crossover, Nintendo and SEGA have reportedly considered disqualifying Mario and Sonic at the 2014 Sochi Olympic Games as part of their three game deal, making there still one game left in this deal.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/221904-...oom-is-the-second-of-sega-s-3-game-sonic-deal

Secondly, the next big Sonic thing, Sonic Boom, being promoted by a TV show and toy line is also represented by games, the first being first and foremost for Nintendo devices, as well as the Year of Sonic still being announced while the deal is still in effect.

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/02/sonic-boom-game-coming-exclusively-to-wii-u3ds-video/

And as everyone else may know who has played the Nintendo exclusive Sonic Lost World, the Yoshi's Island and Zelda DLC Is available on the EShop for free.

Lastly, Bayonetta 2 was announced as Nintendo exclusive during the February Nintendo Direct this year.
Companies doing exclusive deals is nothing special and has no correlation with Sega being bought by Nintendo.

I didn't have to expect to have to type a research paper about this, but Frosty being a moderator, I guess I had to.

Oh, come on, just because I'm a moderator, it doesn't mean I'm your father or something like that...! Seriously, don't do that sort of thing.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
None of that supports your argument.

THAT IS NOT how business works. Business is not about buddy buddies. It's about profit, aka making money.

2 companies having an exclusive deal between each other is entirely different from a company buying another one out. Having an exclusive deal is profitable for 2 companies, both end up making money. Buying a company out requires MONEY TO BE SPENT in the first place. The only way a company would be bought out is if, 1) The company doing the buying can make a substantial and worthwhile profit from buying it out or 2) The company being bought has gone bankrupt and it is considerably cheaper to buy out. Money is the ONLY thing that matters in a business. There just isn't enough incentive for Nintendo to buy Sega right now.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I see a couple of convos going on here.

1. Regarding Nintendo buying Sega... they'd have to wrestle it out of Sammy. I'm not a business expert, so I won't pretend to know if that'd be difficult or easy, but Sammy has to be brought into the discussion when it comes to buying Sega.

2. Regarding the Raiden voice actor leak... it IS a bit odd they didn't get the regular voice actor for him... but then again it might also be equally odd that they didn't get David Hayter to play Snake in Ground Zeroes, so it isn't unheard of.

I think Bowser Jr. and Birdo are the likeliest to return, out of the characters I've mentioned in my previous post.
Um............ I think not. Maybe Birdo will but Jr? Not sure. Not hating on him or anything but...

He didn't appear in Not so new kinda boring Mario Bros 2, Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 7 and Mario 3D Land

But hey, he appeared in Not so New but still awesome Super Mario Bros Wii U and Mario Party Island Tour

But I'm gonna be negative and say no because using relevance is dumb
Moderators are only assigned to keep threads fine, well-discussed and clean. Nothing else. They're not some sort of God you have to respect.

Just ask all of the mods. I make fun of them

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Um............ I think not. Maybe Birdo will but Jr? Not sure. Not hating on him or anything but...

He didn't appear in Not so new kinda boring Mario Bros 2, Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 7 and Mario 3D Land

But hey, he appeared in Not so New but still awesome Super Mario Bros Wii U and Mario Party Island Tour

But I'm gonna be negative and say no because using relevance is dumb
Well, by that logic, Birdo shouldn't appear as she(?) doesn't appear in main Mario games since SMB2. Besides, Bowser Jr. has been in all console Mario Karts since Double Dash!! and also appears in most spin-off games since his debut in Sunshine, so I think he's likely.

King Boo may also have a good chance thanks to Luigi's Mansion 2.

Considering how there's usually a significant amount of secret characters in Mario Kart, we may see a lot of surprises. Bowser Jr. was unlockable in Mario Kart Wii, so it could be the case.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
All I hope for is a quirky, out of the blue character for MK8, like Honey Queen in MK7 or Funky Kong in MKWii.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
All I hope for is a quirky, out of the blue character for MK8, like Honey Queen in MK7 or Funky Kong in MKWii.
Holding out hope for Kirby. That Rosalina trailer made me sad.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
You know what I would love? A bonus circuit that consisted of tracks based on other Nintendo IPs. I think Mario Kart should remain Mario Kart (not Smash Kart) as it's such an iconic IP, but having a few extra tracks based of Kirby, Metroid, Zelda, etc would be really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom