• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, by that logic, Birdo shouldn't appear as she(?) doesn't appear in main Mario games since SMB2. Besides, Bowser Jr. has been in all console Mario Karts since Double Dash!! and also appears in most spin-off games since his debut in Sunshine, so I think he's likely.

King Boo may also have a good chance thanks to Luigi's Mansion 2.

Considering how there's usually a significant amount of secret characters in Mario Kart, we may see a lot of surprises. Bowser Jr. was unlockable in Mario Kart Wii, so it could be the case.
Ghost Rider's probably in

As for Birdo.... I don't know. Birdo gives me the shoehorned vibes like Daisy and Waluigi. Wasn't she in--- Let me check... Nope, she wasn't in Mario Kart 7. My bad, but I'm pretty sure she'll be shoe horned into the game

BUT, Bowser Jr could be unlockable. Still not sure but it's still possible. I mean, Jr (Unlike Birdo) has had somewhat significant to important roles in past games since Sunshine like Mario Bros DS, Mario Galaxy 1, Mario Galaxy 2, Spin offs I'm too lazy to name, Dream team and NSMB U. After those games, he was dropped all of a sudden. He was absent in pivotal games such as Mario 3D World, Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 which were very important in reinvigorating their respective consoles. Although, you may have a point. He was unlockable in Mario Party: Island so he might be unlockable here too. I'm just placing my bets on no for now because the absences are quite weird. I know it's dumb of me to make this relevance issue an exclusive for Jr but when a character that has been receiving notable roles gets a drop, something's off but then again, t'is just me being suspicious.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Mario Kart 8 is starting to look downright badass. Can't decide if I'll get it digital or retail (I already have Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed digitally).

Plus I'm loving the Pikachu update from PotD. Something tells me Pikachu might be just as good as his N64 appearance or even better.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Tommorrow's the last day for pic of the day this week.
I'm really thirsty for a character reveal.

I'll grab some water.
Yeah, I'm interested in seeing someone new pop up soon. Though I can wait a bit longer. We've been getting some decent news lately. What with all the new items, and Luigi's new Final Smash.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Just played some matches through basic brawl. Wow...there are even people who don't know how to release items or how to use an up special. Simply bad.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Just played some matches through basic brawl. Wow...there are even people who don't know how to release items or how to use an up special. Simply bad.
Well.
That's what happens when you go online with little experience about the game.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pretty much now-a-days Basic Brawl's filled with noobs who almost always pick stupid FD and Temple, run away, gang up on you if you attack one of em, not to mention some hackers here and there (with the Green Alloy hack freezing your wii). And sometimes you get the classic FFA but with all of em being bad players almost always.
Of course, there's top tier dependents when you beat em up too much, and those that will even resort to the Wario Man or Giga Bowser hack just to win, coupled with the generic use of those 2 stages I named (sometimes Bridge of Eden too). I got fed up with it in general and only used that mode to warm up for the day.

Long story short, it's a noob fest, take it from someone who's been playing the game since day 1 of its release, which was 3/9/08.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Pretty much now-a-days Basic Brawl's filled with noobs who almost always pick stupid FD and Temple, run away, gang up on you if you attack one of em, not to mention some hackers here and there (with the Green Alloy hack freezing your wii). And sometimes you get the classic FFA but with all of em being bad players almost always.
Of course, there's top tier dependents when you beat em up too much, and those that will even resort to the Wario Man or Giga Bowser hack just to win, coupled with the generic use of those 2 stages I named (sometimes Bridge of Eden too). I got fed up with it in general and only used that mode to warm up for the day.

Long story short, it's a noob fest, take it from someone who's been playing the game since day 1 of its release, which was 3/9/08.
And Taunt Parties.
Don't forget them (we wish though).

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And Taunt Parties.
Don't forget them (we wish though).
I would beat some of em up anyways, especially if a top tier or other character I hate is present. Main rule is always attack if on Temple. You don't want them do be at that camping spot in Sudden Death do you? *eyetwitch*

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Do you guys actually like the baby characters in Mario Kart? I think that's when I stopped playing the series. Not trying to start a fight, I'm just curious if you guys actually like them. Bowser Jr never seemed like a flashed out, good character to me, but I could totally be missing something cool about him, and I'd love to be educated. (I realize he is not Baby Bowser, I just feel like the child characters annoy me for some reason)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I would beat some of em up anyways, especially if a top tier or other character I hate is present. Main rule is always attack if on Temple. You don't want them do be at that camping spot in Sudden Death do you? *eyetwitch*
Really? I thought it was more:
> Sonic
> Temple
> Circle Camp
>"YOU'RE TOO SLOW!"
> Repeat till time reaches 0 or other player ragequits
> Start the cycle again

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Really? I thought it was more:
> Sonic
> Temple
> Circle Camp
>"YOU'RE TOO SLOW!"
> Repeat till time reaches 0 or other player ragequits
> Start the cycle again
It's ANY character really. Whether it be a cowardly Snake throwing grenades down there while you're at the lower part of the stage, a Kirby waiting to use Down-B on the slopes, any character waiting to cheap shot you with U-air while you pursue em, and more. I faced almost if not all of the situations.
Spammy Zeldas that butt in, Smash-happy players, unbearably stupid opponents that tend to SD a lot on accident, and well the list goes on. Even my Pit's ledgecamping can only do so much, though it works most of the time depending on the situation.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Do you guys actually like the baby characters in Mario Kart? I think that's when I stopped playing the series. Not trying to start a fight, I'm just curious if you guys actually like them. Bowser Jr never seemed like a flashed out, good character to me, but I could totally be missing something cool about him, and I'd love to be educated. (I realize he is not Baby Bowser, I just feel like the child characters annoy me for some reason)
I played MK64 to the extreme, skipped DD completely (never played once) and played Wii casually. With how Mario Kart has evolved, I don't even care about the characters in it. It's a racing game so they could add 100 characters and it will be the same, weight categories and other small details being the only thing that sets them apart, unlike fighting games were characters (should) have their own essence.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I played MK64 to the extreme, skipped DD completely (never played once) and played Wii casually. With how Mario Kart has evolved, I don't even care about the characters in it. It's a racing game so they could add 100 characters and it will be the same, weight categories and other small details being the only thing that sets them apart, unlike fighting games were characters (should) have their own essence.
Actually, I like more Kirby air ride because it goes more than this. Tbh, I think that in the random department, Kirby air ride is a lot deeper than mk (also, I doubt that I will get this game because of how it seems that you cannot turn off and on items however you like like sub but the problem I have is the blue shell I hate it.)

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Mario Kart 8 is starting to look downright badass. Can't decide if I'll get it digital or retail (I already have Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed digitally).

Plus I'm loving the Pikachu update from PotD. Something tells me Pikachu might be just as good as his N64 appearance or even better.
Foes can dodge, of course, so the attack won't hit consistently, but when it does, it sure feels good!"

Nah. It will, most likely, be DI-able as well.

Nothing impressive really.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Actually, I like more Kirby air ride because it goes more than this. Tbh, I think that in the random department, Kirby air ride is a lot deeper than mk (also, I doubt that I will get this game because of how it seems that you cannot turn off and on items however you like like sub but the problem I have is the blue shell I hate it.)
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...kart_8_balancing_means_its_not_all_about_luck

Maybe a little hope?

Also, I fixed my avatar. Now you can see the Cheshire Cat better.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Well anyway, I'm not staying up for the big news that IGN claims to have about Nintendo.
The "news" was that the media embargo on Mario Kart 8 news has been lifted. Nintendo has uploaded a trailer to their YouTube channel, and gaming media outlets are now allowed to talk about the game in far more detail (many videos and articles were released at the same time yesterday).

Here's a link to the Nintendo trailer.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The "news" was that the media embargo on Mario Kart 8 news has been lifted. Nintendo has uploaded a trailer to their YouTube channel, and gaming media outlets are now allowed to talk about the game in far more detail (many videos and articles were released at the same time yesterday).

Here's a link to the Nintendo trailer.
My my, what a game that's shaping up to be... :grin:

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...kart_8_balancing_means_its_not_all_about_luck

Maybe a little hope?

Also, I fixed my avatar. Now you can see the Cheshire Cat better.
Read it already and I find it ambiguous: I know blue shell is there but what you're trying to tell is that it doesn't just happen that if you are first, you WILL get blasted by it? Like what is he trying to say? of course it happens and the reason for it is my actual doubts. imagine if kirby air ride has an item that would would just steals upgrades from others just like that no time to even react (heck even the spiked thing wasn't op like that because you CAN avoid it.) I'm ok with bullet bill because you need to react and you can avoid it by being quick but not the blue shell you have NO chance. If I misunderstand what he said, please quote this post but I don't know what he's trying to say.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Read it already and I find it ambiguous: I know blue shell is there but what you're trying to tell is that it doesn't just happen that if you are first, you WILL get blasted by it? Like what is he trying to say? of course it happens and the reason for it is my actual doubts. imagine if kirby air ride has an item that would would just steals upgrades from others just like that no time to even react (heck even the spiked thing wasn't op like that because you CAN avoid it.) I'm ok with bullet bill because you need to react and you can avoid it by being quick but not the blue shell you have NO chance. If I misunderstand what he said, please quote this post but I don't know what he's trying to say.
I think he's trying to say only certain people in the WAY back can get it. And even then, maybe the Blue Shell can only be grabbed this time around if they've stayed in the back... But I'm just speculating.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I never cared for them. I mean, do really need need smaller versions of the cast to fill up the roster? We've got more then enough lightweights in the series as it is. I can understand Baby Mario though, what with all the Yoshi's Island games. I wouldn't count Bower Jr. as one, though I wouldn't blame you for doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom