• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
...And not everything from Brawl carries over to 4. I'd be more convinced if you showed my a picture of SSB4 and one of the Final Smashes shown. Not Brawl's, which, you know, is a different game, and he's already confirmed to change stuff between games. Also, Luigi's eyes aren't glowing in that picture either like Ness' are. That just further proves that the properties so far are different if his is a Final Smash. The comparison doesn't much work anymore due to this.
I'm pretty sure it's his Final Smash. Dimmed stage? Check. Yellow glow? Check
Pretty sure what James showed was sufficient, if not maybe this will convince you.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm pretty sure it's his final smash. dimmed stage? Check. Yellow glow? Check
Maybe this will work then.
You can't see her eyes glowing. Also, let's say his Poltergust is out already. It doesn't disappear right away when he starts his Final Smash, but in a bit. Also, having the Smash Ball alone could darken the screen now, not just using the FS in itself.

There's some anecdotal evidence that points towards it, but I'd still rather wait till we see it confirmed via a video, actual gampley in itself when it's bought, or Sakurai actually stating that. The fact he didn't designate Poltergust's role whatsoever is just weird.

I don't find this blatant regardless, just implied due to everything shown. But implications aren't confirmations, so I'll stick with what I said; It might be his new Final Smash. I'll remain skeptical till Word of God actually confirms it or the game comes out proving it. The thing is, most of what I dismiss as confirmations probably are going to be true, but I'd rather not jump the gun and wait. At least before adding it to any wiki. Right now, this is nothing but speculation anyway.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
...And not everything from Brawl carries over to 4. I'd be more convinced if you showed my a picture of SSB4 and one of the Final Smashes shown. Not Brawl's, which, you know, is a different game, and he's already confirmed to change stuff between games. Also, Luigi's eyes aren't glowing in that picture either like Ness' are. That just further proves that the properties so far are different if his is a Final Smash. The comparison doesn't much work anymore due to this.

This game is very much Brawl 2.0 (not that it's a bad thing).

I hope you aren't going to use the eyes not glowing as your single argument when you now have two yellow glowing final smashes presented to you.

SSB is not a canon series, except maybe to F-Zero or Kirby at best. It doesn't matter what he turns into the game. He still turned into a version of Bowser, which was cool. So the whole "never did it in his own games" has always been irrelevant.

I don't mind that idea, but please don't use the "canon" excuse, as it falls flat in Smash no matter what. Canonicity has zero relevance to movesets whether we like it or not.
I didn't use canon as an argument, I just think it would be far better because I personally want him to use the Clown Car, I do not like Giga Bowser at all.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I hope you aren't going to use the eyes not glowing as your single argument when you now have two yellow glowing final smashes presented to you.
I'll stick with eyes as not being useful proof. Also, those two shown are extremely old videos. Again, it points to it being another FS, but it's still not confirmed regardless, which is my point; Nothing will confirm it beyond a video or word of god. Still wasn't blatant to me. Also, as noted what I said before, things can ultimately change. He didn't do an attack with the Poltergust, so he might be about to do something outside of it, but it's still an active Down B at the moment. We know nothing of its properties, so it's way too hard to say.

It might be, it might not be. No confirmations, still up in the air. I refuse to accept anecdotal evidence to prove it's definitely a Final Smash. I accept that there's a high chance it is and nothing more. Because that's all that can be given with all the information available. The problem with the ones shown from 4 besides the Poltergust is that we saw them in action, so we know they're a Final Smash because of that alone. No attack with the Poltergust. We don't know enough so far to confirm it, even with anecdotal evidence, it's too iffy.

I didn't use canon as an argument, I just think it would be far better because I personally want him to use the Clown Car, I do not like Giga Bowser at all.
Actually, you pretty much were. "He doesn't use it in the games, so he he shouldn't use it in Smash." was pretty much what you said. That's basically an argument for canon moves only. Were you implying something else, honestly? :)

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
What are your guys' favorite Final Smashes?

Mine would be Grenade Launcher and Super Sonic.
Super Sonic and Giga Bowser
Who's doing better right now, SEGA or Capcom?

I'm gonna say SEGA...
SEGA's doing a much better job than Capcom, and because they and Nintendo are all buddy buddy these days, we could expect Nintendo to buy up SEGA!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
You can't see her eyes glowing. Also, let's say his Poltergust is out already. It doesn't disappear right away when he starts his Final Smash, but in a bit. Also, having the Smash Ball alone could darken the screen now, not just using the FS in itself.

There's some anecdotal evidence that points towards it, but I'd still rather wait till we see it confirmed via a video, actual gampley in itself when it's bought, or Sakurai actually stating that. The fact he didn't designate Poltergust's role whatsoever is just weird.

I don't find this blatant regardless, just implied due to everything shown. But implications aren't confirmations, so I'll stick with what I said; It might be his new Final Smash. I'll remain skeptical till Word of God actually confirms it or the game comes out proving it. The thing is, most of what I dismiss as confirmations probably are going to be true, but I'd rather not jump the gun and wait. At least before adding it to any wiki. Right now, this is nothing but speculation anyway.
While looking at some gifs and pics of WFT and based off of what I see with Luigi, I'm not entirely sure their eyes glow at all in SSB4.

In any case, I'm pretty sure Sakurai is going to try to show off the pic of the day in most straight forward way possible. If you wish to have everything spelled out for you, go ahead, as it is one of the best ways not to look like a fool. But some things are kind of put out as clear as day. I, for a second genuinely thought you were trolling saying this is not a FS.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Rewatch Little Mac's trailer and note the lack of glow in Mac's eyes before transforming into Giga Mac. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
SEGA's doing a much better job than Capcom, and because they and Nintendo are all buddy buddy these days, we could expect Nintendo to buy up SEGA!
...wait, what? If Sega is doing really well financially, why would they want/need to be bought up by Nintendo? Doesn't that only usually happen when the company being bought is in dire financial straits?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
...wait, what? If Sega is doing really well financially, why would they want/need to be bought up by Nintendo? Doesn't that only usually happen when the company being bought is in dire financial straits?
No! Perhaps I have not made myself clear when I said that Nintendo and SEGA have very strong ties! I highly doubt that any other two very strong game companies have a stronger bond. Nintendo buying up SEGA could spark up a mutual benefit. Just let me dream, will ya?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
While looking at some gifs and pics of WFT and based off of what I see with Luigi, I'm not entirely sure their eyes glow at all in SSB4.
Which is why I found comparisons to Brawl's Final Smashes useless basically.

In any case, I'm pretty sure Sakurai is going to try to show off the pic of the day in most straight forward way possible. If you wish to have everything spelled out for you, go ahead, as it is one of the best ways not to look like a fool. But some things are kind of put out as clear as day. I, for a second genuinely thought you were trolling saying this is not a FS.
I think you missed a word in the first sentence.

And to be honest? I'm not going to accept something as confirmed if he's vague at all. Straight facts are the only thing I find useful for updating wikis. The other stuff is good for solely speculation. And you need to not accuse people of trolling for being skeptical whenever something vague comes up. It's honestly really insulting that you assume that. It's vague right now, thus, not confirmed instead. I've already shown why there's a chance it might not be it, showing more than one reason. The fact that what I came up with is legitimately possible actually ultimately shows that unless Sakurai directly confirms something, we could be in for a surprise. I don't know why it's hard to get this; Sakurai is weird, and doesn't always confirm stuff, no matter how obvious people think it is. Best thing to do is wait and see when he puts up vague updates like this one. And don't tell me any of this confirms it either. Confirmation is pure Word of God, and he only hinted at how the attack could work. Why he was being vague, I dunno, but he still was. If he doesn't outright say what the situation is, it's vague. He does this. A lot.

Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Am I the only one who's pissed about Bridget's absence from Guilty Gear Xrd? :(
Like half the GGXX roster is missing, but my guess is that they'll be added down the line for the arcade and console releases. We're still missing Testament, Justice, Dizzy, Kliff, Bridget, Johnny, Baiken, Anji, Jam, Zappa, ABA, Order Sol, and Robo Ky.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

And to be honest? I'm not going to accept something as confirmed if he's vague at all. Straight facts are the only thing I find useful for updating wikis. The other stuff is good for solely speculation. And you need to not accuse people of trolling for being skeptical whenever something vague comes up. It's honestly really insulting that you assume that. It's vague right now, thus, not confirmed instead. I've already shown why there's a chance it might not be it, showing more than one reason. The fact that what I came up with is legitimately possible actually ultimately shows that unless Sakurai directly confirms something, we could be in for a surprise. I don't know why it's hard to get this; Sakurai is weird, and doesn't always confirm stuff, no matter how obvious people think it is. Best thing to do is wait and see when he puts up vague updates like this one. And don't tell me any of this confirms it either. Confirmation is pure Word of God, and he only hinted at how the attack could work. Why he was being vague, I dunno, but he still was. If he doesn't outright say what the situation is, it's vague. He does this. A lot.
So to summarize what is said here: All we know is Luigi can use the Poltergust in some form, probably as a Final Smash.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Like half the GGXX roster is missing, but my guess is that they'll be added down the line for the arcade and console releases. We're still missing Testament, Justice, Dizzy, Kliff, Bridget, Johnny, Baiken, Anji, Jam, Zappa, ABA, Order Sol, and Robo Ky.
To be somewhat fair, Justice and Kliff generally don't show up until later revisions of most GG games. Probably has something to do with them being canonically dead.

Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
To be somewhat fair, Justice and Kliff generally don't show up until later revisions of most GG games. Probably has something to do with them being canonically dead.
Either way, I need my yo-yo waifu and @Smooth Criminal needs his robo-waifu.

How does this imply the game is Brawl 2.0? Because of identical/similar animations?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So to summarize what is said here: All we know is Luigi can use the Poltergust in some form, probably as a Final Smash.
Pretty much. I don't know why people are trying to say this is not the exact case right now.

We'll find out later what it truly is, of course. :)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I don't see how, it's only one element that is different from Brawl's and SSB4's. Everything else seems to line up between the two versions.
Whoops, I'm sorry.
I guess we differ in on whether or not Sakurai was vague or not. The reason why I accused you of trolling was because (to me) Sakurai pretty much laid out everything that would point to a FS. I just found it to be silly as to why someone would not believe this not to be the final smash given how the picture was taken. I mean look at Starfy and Andross, Sakurai didn't mention anything about them being Assist Trophies, but we just know.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I have a question I need to ask, a serious one...

What's the difference between a 12GB PS3 and a 500GB PS3?
The first one is 150,- euros and the second one 250,- euros.
Which one should I get?
I'm also planning to buy 2 dualshock controllers which together cost 90,- euros.
The difference is storage space. With a 12GB you will be required to have a USB if you download and install a lot into it.

500GB can hold a lot more.

I would go for the bigger anyway as some game discs require some stuff to be installed.

I myself have a 250GB one that came with 2 controllers. :p

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I guess we differ in on whether or not Sakurai was vague or not. The reason why I accused you of trolling was because (to me) Sakurai pretty much laid out everything that would point to a FS. I just found it to be silly as to why someone would not believe this not to be the final smash given how the picture was taken. I mean look at Starfy and Andross, Sakurai didn't mention anything about them being Assist Trophies, but we just know.
Now if it's a Final Smash, why not point it and say it? I believe he's pointed out every time there's an Assist Trophy with the exception of Starfy for some reason.

I'm not saying it is or isn't Luigi's FS, but just pointing out why someone may not think it is. With Sakurai, it's hard to tell what he's getting at unless he says it and even then it can be vague.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
The difference is storage space. With a 12GB you will be required to have a USB if you download and install a lot into it.

500GB can hold a lot more.

I would go for the bigger anyway as some game discs require some stuff to be installed.

I myself have a 250GB one that came with 2 controllers. :p
Thank you for responding.
Than it will be the 500GB one...

Well...if it weren't for PS4 not having backwards compatability, I wouldn't buy a PS3.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't see how, it's only one element that is different from Brawl's and SSB4's. Everything else seems to line up between the two versions.
Whoops, I'm sorry.
Different games. Doesn't matter how similar. Still different. That's just not proof to use an old game as that, not in this scenario. Only Final Smash already shown in 4 are worth comparing to.

I don't see how it isn't vague. Did he say the role? Doesn't matter what the picture looks like. Did he say the role? If he didn't say the role, it's vague. That's how it actually works. Implication just isn't confirmation at all. And never will be. He didn't say it was a Final Smash, just named it, said what it could possibly do, and the picture's exact timing of the effects hints at it being a FS.

Let's say it's his Down B; When he attempts to go into his Final Smash, the Poltergust doesn't disappear right away due to it being a set time, much like the FLUDD. So for all we know, it was just a coincidence and he set it up like that to mislead us. The problem right here is this could actually be what exactly happened. And this is why I'd rather he specified what the Final Smash was himself instead of assuming due to what we "saw" only.

And we don't know those two are Assist Trophies either. It's just a guess. We have an idea of what their role might be, being the same as Brawl, but until we either confirm them manually, or he does so himself, their roles are currently mysterious. As noted a bit before, for the purposes of the SmashWiki, we outright refuse to put them as confirmed as AT's in 4 due to the fact Sakurai didn't say that was their role again. We don't allow speculation and assumptions to rule it. We only allow cold hard facts. You can argue all day if it's worth it or not, but I follow the same philosophy; It ain't confirmed till Word of God says so or we have the final copy and can manually confirm it.

Now if it's a Final Smash, why not point it and say it? I believe he's pointed out every time there's an Assist Trophy with the exception of Starfy for some reason.

I'm not saying it is or isn't Luigi's FS, but just pointing out why someone may not think it is. With Sakurai, it's hard to tell what he's getting at unless he says it and even then it can be vague.
He didn't bother to confirm Andross as an Assist Trophy again either. Weird, even though it's bloody obvious, or at least, his AT attack is the same. My own theory that is if he somehow isn't an AT, he appears on any space-based stage with that attack. For the record, I lean towards him being an AT anyway.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I believe he didn't mention Andross being an AT, likely because he doesn't have too. I don't believe he confirmed Skull Kid as an AT until after he originally posted SK's image.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

I'm not saying it is or isn't Luigi's FS, but just pointing out why someone may not think it is. With Sakurai, it's hard to tell what he's getting at unless he says it and even then it can be vague
Well he also did for Xerneas (? Probably butchered that :laugh:) Ashley and Andross as well, so it isn't the first time he has just posted a feature/item and we just knew.

But even in those PotD reveals the pictures were taken in a way that would lead one to assume they were an assist trophy.
Example: Ashley debuted on the Punch-Out!! stage. We know Ashley isn't going to be playable character, she would have recieved a character profile page alongside such a reveal if she was. Nor is she a part of the Punch-Out!! series to be a viable stage hazard (assuming Sakurai isn't doing franchise cross-over stages ala PSABR). So we all came to the conclusion she was an Assist Trophy.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well he also did for Xerneas (? Probably butchered that :laugh:) Ashley and Andross as well, so it isn't the first time he has just posted a feature/item and we just knew.

But even in those PotD reveals the pictures were taken in a way that would lead one to assume they were an assist trophy.
Example: Ashley debuted on the Punch-Out!! stage. We know Ashley isn't going to be playable nor is she apart of the Punch-Out!! series to be a viable stage hazard (assuming Sakurai isn't doing franchise cross-over stages ala PSABR). So we all came to the conclusion she was an Assist Trophy.
Pic of the day. Who's the girl next door, living in the haunted mansion? You'd better learn my name because it's…
  • FYI, she's an Assist Trophy.
He confirmed Ashley as an assist. I just saying.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pic of the day. Who's the girl next door, living in the haunted mansion? You'd better learn my name because it's…
This. He didn't confirm Andross or Starfy's roles notably. Regardless of what one wants to assume, we still don't know their official status. Yet.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Okay. Point Made. Oversight on my part.
Ashely
What about Andross, Xerneas and Andross?

What about the Twinrova twins? He doesn't out right say they are stage hazards, but says enough for use to believe so.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
He doesn't have to mention what it is. All he needs to do is give us a screenshot that pretty much screams out what it is. That's what he did here.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
This. He didn't confirm Andross or Starfy's roles notably. Regardless of what one wants to assume, we still don't know their official status. Yet.
Right.. But due to characters showing up on stages not related to their franchise, I think it's a safe logical conclusion that they're assists. But like you said, nothing is confirmed.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Okay
Ashely
What about Andross, Xerneas and Andross?

What about the Twinrova twins? He doesn't out right say they are stage hazards, but says enough for use to believe so.
Ask the person you are discussing with.

All I did was see a factual error with your post and corrected it. That is all. I'm not getting into this debate.

Also, isn't double Andross a bit too much? Don'tcha think? One big face is enough to deal with as is.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Example: Ashley debuted on the Punch-Out!! stage. We know Ashley isn't going to be playable character, she would have recieved a character profile page alongside such a reveal if she was. Nor is she a part of the Punch-Out!! series to be a viable stage hazard (assuming Sakurai isn't doing franchise cross-over stages ala PSABR). So we all came to the conclusion she was an Assist Trophy.
You make a good argument and I'm actually on your side, but I'm playing devil's advocate.

I think Poltergust is Luigi's FS. It's an improvement over ZA WEEGEE.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Pretty sure it's a final smash, or at least it's presented in a way to make you think it's a final smash, and it would be pretty trollish to have it not be his final smash considering the look of the picture.

March was a solid month for Smash news, funny how no character reveal can sour people's view of the month so much. I'd rather get what we got then The Ice Climbers and 30 pictures of Luigi from slightly different angles.

I'm really starting to wonder how big the starting roster is, and how unlockables will be handled. I'm pretty certain that the Ice Climbers, Ness or Lucas, Wario, and Yoshi will be starters, so we still have more to see. Hell, that doesn't even include ZSS or Shiek, which would get their own reveals, and Ike, Captain Falcon, Metaknight (I can see him as an unlockable this time around but maybe I should have put him with the definite starters), and Pokémon trainer also have a good chance of being starters. Come to think of it, it's kind of weird they made Falcon go back to being an unlockable in Brawl but didn't have an F-Zero starter like Earthbound and Fire Emblem did.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Ask the person you are discussing with.

All I did was see a factual error with your post and corrected it. That is all. I'm not getting into this debate.

Also, isn't double Andross a bit too much? Don'tcha think? One big face is enough to deal with as is.
Fair enough, I edited and acknowledged that it was an oversight on my part.
The point still stands there are still other characters that were revealed with very little information.

Maybe they'll add ape Andross or WaAndross to the Assist Trophy ranks :awesome:

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I should also mention that a post earlier in this thread said that the eyes not glowing means it's not a final smash. Well too bad that was completely wrong.

Little Mac's eyes didn't glow in the trailer when he had the final smash aura.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Right.. But due to characters showing up on stages not related to their franchise, I think it's a safe logical conclusion that they're assists. But like you said, nothing is confirmed.
Again, pretty much. It's a fair assumption, not necessarily "safe", though.
What about Andross, Xerneas?
Roles unconfirmed for now.

What about the Twinrova twins? He doesn't out right say they are stage hazards, but says enough for us to believe so.
But not enough to confirm it. I think they could possibly be Assist Trophies. Regardless, my whole point stands; none of it is confirmed till he directly says it. They're nothing but reasonable guesses at most.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Point stands, we dunno, probably is his FS, but unconfirmed.
As FalKoopa mentioned, the glow practically gives it away. Look at Wii Fit Trainer's Trailer, she has the glow as well when use is using Wii Fit, but it blasts out more probably because its in use.

EDIT: Just saw all the counter arguments lol. Idk, I still am gonna say its his FS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom