• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
Plot twist: Sakurai reveals that Negative Zone is still his final smash and the Poltergust is his new grab.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Plot twist: Sakurai reveals that Negative Zone is still his final smash and the Poltergust is his new grab.
Plot Twist: Once the victims are sucked into the vacuum, we have ghosts on the inside doing the Negative Zone instead.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Plot Twist: Once the victims are sucked into the vacuum, we have ghosts on the inside doing the Negative Zone instead.
Triple Plot Twist: The Ghosts are using the Negative zone courtesy of Poltergust-like machines.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I never got how the Poltergust was supposed to function as a grab. Does he just automatically grab people with it once they get too close? IDK, it just doesn't seem to suit a grab move to me. Really, it's either a FS or Special IMO, with the former being far more likely.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I never got how the Poltergust was supposed to function as a grab. Does he just automatically grab people with it once they get too close? IDK, it just doesn't seem to suit a grab move to me. Really, it's either a FS or Special IMO, with the former being far more likely.
Look. I'm just happy fans get their Poltergust.
And I can still use the Luigi Cyclone.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Look. I'm just happy fans get their Poltergust.
And I can still use the Luigi Cyclone.
What? When did I imply that getting the Poltergust was a bad thing.

And yes, assuming that this is in fact a FS, I'm glad it's not a special. I'm glad that Luigi didn't get important parts of his moveset scrapped just for the sake of being "new."

(Why yes, I'm still bitter about FLUDD. Why do you ask?)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
What? When did I imply that getting the Poltergust was a bad thing.

And yes, assuming that this is in fact a FS, I'm glad it's not a special. I'm glad that Luigi didn't get important parts of his moveset scrapped just for the sake of being "new."

(Why yes, I'm still bitter about FLUDD. Why do you ask?)
You didn't, but I did.
I always hated it when people brought it up because "It'd make him unique".
Even though it'd kill his already struggling recovery potential even further.

(And yes, I'm mad about that too.)

Plot Twist.

Professor E. Gad discovered the Negative Zone using the Poltergust!!!
Plot Twist x 2!
E. Gadd didn't find Negative Zone! He made it!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
You didn't, but I did.
I always hated it when people brought it up because "It'd make him unique".
Even though it'd kill his already struggling recovery potential even further.

(And yes, I'm mad about that too.)

Plot Twist x 2!
E. Gadd didn't find Negative Zone! He made it!
Plot Twist x 3!!

E. Gadd actually created the Negative Zone by FIRST inventing a time machine, traveling to the far future, and getting ALFONZO, who is supreme god over the Nintendoverse, to give him the secret of the Poltergust, which he used to make it!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Again, pretty much. It's a fair assumption, not necessarily "safe", though.
Roles unconfirmed for now.
But not enough to confirm it. I think they could possibly be Assist Trophies. Regardless, my whole point stands; none of it is confirmed till he directly says it. They're nothing but reasonable guesses at most.
I guess. It's just one of those "If it smells like a duck, looks like a duck and quacks like duck" scenarios. Some people are waiting for Sakurai to say duck and some people believe they know a duck when they see one.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That could be said for any recovery.

The fact is though. Luigi has great vertical and horizontal recovery between his 3 options. It's also great that Dspecial, and I think Sspecial, don't put him into free fall.
And the Poltergust as his Down-B would kill it.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Don't know why you'd have the FS glow around the character unless A) It exactly what it appears to be or B) Sakuari is trying to troll again.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
C) The Smash fanbase is insane at this point and has no need for logic.
I technically could point that out on nearly every post I could make here. Would get kind of redunent after awhile.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Smash doesn't care about canon.

It was also able to shoot out Fire/Ice/something else. Why can't it shoot out air while in the air?
...It didn't shoot air though.

And yes, I understand Smash and canon don't mix. Heck, I've said that myself.
But we still have to consider logic.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Smash doesn't care about logic.

Otherwise there wouldn't be short hopping, DACUS, L-cancel, Wavedash, RAR, Pivots, ect...
...I think we're getting mixed messages here.
I'm referring to logic in movesets.

Kinda like how Mario doesn't use electricity. Or Jigglypuff using Hadokens.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I guess. It's just one of those "If it smells like a duck, looks like a duck and quacks like duck" scenarios. Some people are waiting for Sakurai to say duck and some people believe they know a duck when they see one.
Doesn't make it a duck. Could be a Ditto in disguise. Fictional character joke aside, I've never been one to take all of that as true proof. I've learned from doing research via various cases, usually involving moderation of boards and such that things at face value aren't necessarily a fact.

Basically, no, I don't think that's enough these days. With Smash Bros. news, there's tons of issues that tend to come up, with tons of leaks(almost always rumors and fake) and such. I've found the best thing to do is keep fully skeptical and only let Word of God act as confirmation, overall.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Doesn't make it a duck. Could be a Ditto in disguise. Fictional character joke aside, I've never been one to take all of that as true proof. I've learned from doing research via various cases, usually involving moderation of boards and such that things at face value aren't necessarily a fact.
Well the best way to see if a duck isn't a ditto is to make the duck laugh. :awesome: So in that case it also must laugh like a duck.

But like I said, that is one of the best ways to avoid looking like a fool assuming things. But in cases such as this where things are clearly put out their for viewers to put together, it can come off as either being in denial, silly or someone is just plain trolling.
Basically, no, I don't think that's enough these days. With Smash Bros. news, there's tons of issues that tend to come up, with tons of leaks(almost always rumors and fake) and such. I've found the best thing to do is keep fully skeptical and only let Word of God act as confirmation, overall.
While rumors and leaks should be placed in a whole other category from news from Sakurai. The issue that arises with the news Sakurai puts out usually comes from how people interpret his postings

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, this happened.
"We'll be performing maintenance tonight at 12:00 AM PST / 3:00 AM EST. We do not have an estimate for the duration. "
Oh gee. A convenient notice for the 1st of April referring to forum maintenance.
I wonder what it'll be? I certainly hope it has nothing to do with April Fools... :glare:

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Like I said, that is one of the best ways to avoid looking like a fool assuming things. But in cases such as this where things are clearly put out their for viewers to put together, it can come off as either being denial, silly or someone is just plain.
To be honest, that's the other people's faults. I deny that it's indefinitely a Final Smash. Why? Because Sakurai didn't confirm it. I did say it most likely is one. If people can't accept that, that's their problem for refusing to look at it at all angles. Not mine. Waiting for an actual confirmation means I'm the one not taking anything at face value. I'd say that's the healthiest way to take things in the end.

While rumors and leaks should be placed in a whole other category from news from Sakurai. The issue that arises with the news Sakurai puts out usually comes from how people interpret his postings
Another thing is that let's remember that Sakurai's posts don't get translated by himself.

Also, even the Japanese one makes zero implications that the move itself is a Final Smash, text-wise. In this particular case, the text doesn't tell us what the role of this move is. The image itself hints it might be his new Final Smash. But I already explained why that's kind of iffy anyway multiple times. I won't go into it again.

That said, I consider any vague statements as reliable as rumors. They aren't enough to confirm a single thing. Sakurai's are enough to know "this exists in the game in some way" but that's it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I was bored and decided to troll the Owain fans on Gamefaqs by comparing him to Scrappy Doo for kicks. :troll:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Basically right now, this is just a case of "the blue ball isn't a blue ball unless god Sakurai says it is, he may jump in at any moment and call it a red cube."

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
To be honest, that's the other people's faults. I deny that it's indefinitely a Final Smash. Why? Because Sakurai didn't confirm it. I did say it most likely is one. If people can't accept that, that's their problem for refusing to look at it at all angles. Not mine. Waiting for an actual confirmation means I'm the one not taking anything at face value. I'd say that's the healthiest way to take things in the end.
Could I ask you to reason similarly with Diddy about the Phantom Knight? :troll:

Don't worry, you don't really have to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom