• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
The fact that there's a character named Reggie makes me wonder if the devs were huge Nintendo fans despite being associated with the likes of Sony. XD
I got to watch my little brother Play second son this weekend, and just about every joke i made in the first hour was about Reggie's body not being ready for all this **** to go down.
Basically right now, this is just a case of "the blue ball isn't a blue ball unless god Sakurai says it is, he may jump in at any moment and call it a red cube."
A character select screen isn't confirmed, i don't think there will be a character select screen until Sakurai says so.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
So, this happened.
"We'll be performing maintenance tonight at 12:00 AM PST / 3:00 AM EST. We do not have an estimate for the duration. "
Oh gee. A convenient notice for the 1st of April referring to forum maintenance.
I wonder what it'll be? I certainly hope it has nothing to do with April Fools... :glare:
I hope it's something as epic as Friday.

Smashboard vets will know what I'm talking about.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
A character select screen isn't confirmed, i don't think there will be a character select screen until Sakurai says so.
Nintendo Direct: "We have new information on Super Smash Brothers for Wii U and 3DS, Mr. Sakurai has decided to forgo the character select screen, instead you will start each match with a random character. Please understand."

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
To be honest, that's the other people's faults. I deny that it's indefinitely a Final Smash. Why? Because Sakurai didn't confirm it. I did say it most likely is one. If people can't accept that, that's their problem for refusing to look at it at all angles. Not mine. Waiting for an actual confirmation means I'm the one not taking anything at face value. I'd say that's the healthiest way to take things in the end.
Well let's look at Andross as another case. We know he isn't a character, because he didn't get a profile page along side his reveal, we already have seen him appear before as an Assist Trophy in Brawl, and We know he isn't apart of the Mario Galaxy games so he couldn't possibly be a stage hazard. He can't be an item seeing how

Do you see how assuming he's anything but an Assist Trophy can come off as.... silly??? Idk, I'm probably alone on this.
Another thing is that let's remember that Sakurai's posts don't get translated by himself.
Also, even the Japanese one makes zero implications that the move itself is a Final Smash, text-wise. In this particular case, the text doesn't tell us what the role of this move is. The image itself hints it might be his new Final Smash. But I already explained why that's kind of iffy anyway multiple times. I won't go into it again.
That said, I consider any vague statements as reliable as rumors. They aren't enough to confirm a single thing. Sakurai's are enough to know "this exists in the game in some way" but that's it.
I have yet to see why it couldn't be a Final Smash, I'm going to have to go back and re-read the last 2 to 3 pages.
But yes, you are right. Sakurai's statement does suggests that his Poltergust will be used someway in the game... coincidentally while he is also showing all the common symptoms of having a final smash.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Could I ask you to reason similarly with Diddy about the Phantom Knight? :troll:

Don't worry, you don't really have to do it.
I like to take on challenges I have a ghost of a chance of winning. He even went into the Famitsu Article thread to jump on some silly bandwagon, entirely ignoring the fact that it was translated as "it's speculation."

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What? Diddy now transforms into the phantom knight?

I knew it wasn't a Zelda move

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well let's look at Andross as another case. We know he isn't a character, because he didn't get a profile page along side his reveal, we already have seen him appear before as an Assist Trophy in Brawl, and We know he isn't apart of the Mario Galaxy games so he couldn't possibly be a stage hazard.
Already covered that. Much like Star Wolf, he could appear on any Space-like stage to do his move. I think he probably is an AT, but this possibility isn't that odd. He made Giga Bowser a Final Smash, so this is really about as weird.

Do you see how assuming he's anything but an Assist Trophy can come off as silly??? Idk, I'm probably alone on this.
You're not alone, but no, it's not silly either to wonder what his current role is. I haven't seen anyone say him being an AT isn't a good possibility, though.

I have yet to see why it couldn't be a Final Smash, I'm going to have to go back and re-read the last 2 to 3 pages.
But yeah, Sakurai's statement suggests that his Poltergust will be used someway in the game, coincidentally while he is also showing all the symptoms of having a final smash.
It could be his Down B. Before the Poltergust disappears, he activates his Final Smash, so it just happens to show up then and there. It could be a coincidence. He doesn't even say what the attack is, just suggests it might be this. Every other Final Smash actually shows the attack itself go off, or the full transformation where applicable... except this one. It's really suspicious right now that he barely made it look like anything was happening. This is why I'm taking it as a Final Smash with some skepticism. Because it's not as easy to say as the others. It has signs, but no attack, who says your temporary things(like FLUDD) wouldn't "stay up" till the Final Smash goes off? He didn't even activate it, from what it seems. Or he could've just pulled it out.

It could be a coincidence. That's all I'm saying.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You don't TELL people it's an April Fool's joke until after April Fools

There are kids on this forum that could get excited about this

Where is the fun at NOT building up their excitement then knocking it all down?

Crushing them like ants
Correct. That's why I decided to remove the line from both the post and the quote. :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just found my music book of Star Wars themes from when I used to play Alto Sax

Apparently it works pretty good playing the notes on guitar as well.

I just need to remember how to read music a little better again

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Already covered that. Much like Star Wolf, he could appear on any Space-like stage to do his move. I think he probably is an AT, but this possibility isn't that odd. He made Giga Bowser a Final Smash, so this is really about as weird.
When you say Star Wolf are you talking about the codecs??? Because they only appear on Lylat Crusise as far as I know. Then again how many other space-like stages were their in Brawl that Star Wolf appeared in??? If anything they would only be limited to Corneria and Lylat, which is still in the Star Fox universe. What move are you talking about?? I'm not sure I follow this Star Wolf argument entirely. Giga Bowser appearing on other stages wouldn't be a problem as he would appear on all stages Bowser is available in...which is all because none of the characters on Brawl's roster is banned or in accessible on any stage.
You're not alone, but no, it's not silly either to wonder what his current role is. I haven't seen anyone say him being an AT isn't a good possibility, though.
I suppose.
It could be his Down B. Before the Poltergust disappears, he activates his Final Smash, so it just happens to show up then and there. It could be a coincidence. He doesn't even say what the attack is, just suggests it might be this. Every other Final Smash actually shows the attack itself go off, or the full transformation where applicable... except this one. It's really suspicious right now that he barely made it look like anything was happening. This is why I'm taking it as a Final Smash with some skepticism. Because it's not as easy to say as the others. It has signs, but no attack, who says your temporary things(like FLUDD) wouldn't "stay up" till the Final Smash goes off? He didn't even activate it, from what it seems. Or he could've just pulled it out.

It could be a coincidence. That's all I'm saying
Sounds elaborate. Don't see why he would obtain a smash ball just before he snaps a picture just for ****s and giggles. Sakurai seems to be the kind of guy that only shows things he wants to show the fans. A coincidence sure, a very elaborate one
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first final smash we have received as the PotD. All other Final Smash have been revealed via trailers. So if this is indeed the first final smash debuted as an FS, I think it is pretty much open to just how Sakurai chooses to tackle them as PotD.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So I found this Megaman X styled version of Bloody Tears from Castlevaina 2. I thought it was pretty cool, so I figured I'd post it here.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Oh man...
I was watching some YouTube videos about some videogames.

First I watched a scene from Uncharted 2 with the main antagonist...Zoran Lazarevic.
Some Serb was raging in the comment section about how everyone sees Serbia as a horrible country and that everyone makes fun of Serbia. Further he was swearing in Serbian...(which by the way is very common in Serbia and the words hurt more). I as a Serb don't see the problem. It are people like him that I dislike about my nation. Serbians are such aggresive people...i'd rather be Dutch.

The second video was about a review of Guns Of Patriots and some dude in the comments kept saying that the MGS franchise sucks. Here's his comment:
"Of course Metal Gear Solid 4 sucks just like the entire horrible franchise.
This aberration was spawned by sick**** hideo kojima and the foul **** form konami

The most idiotic charcters possible and the horrid vision of the fascist world, which, fortunately, will never happen because nobody wants that except Nazis and other right-wingers

It seems that **** hate Russians.
Probably because at the ending of WW2 Russians freed the large territories of China and half of Korea from the occupation of the *** pedophiles, necrophiles and zoophiles"

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
My WiiU is back after a month and a half. It's like I bought a new console.
What games should I get guys?
Oh wait I already got 12 of them.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
My WiiU is back after a month and a half. It's like I bought a new console.
What games should I get guys?
Oh wait I already got 12 of them.
*all twelve of them.

The second video was about a review of Guns Of Patriots and some dude in the comments kept saying that the MGS franchise sucks. Here's his comment:
"Of course Metal Gear Solid 4 sucks just like the entire horrible franchise.
This aberration was spawned by sick**** hideo kojima and the foul **** form konami
I've never seen hatred for metal gear that doesn't
1. hate on kojima for no reason
2. Call the script or voicing bad, despite it being acclaimed for being good
3. rage about something "controversial", like quiet. (who is probably a ****** anyway)

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Well, I don't think the voice acting for MGS has ever been great, just good. Much of the delivery feels wooden and forced at points; Hayter's portrayal of the Snakes all across the board are a testament to this, especially when the characters are under duress. But, as I've said in the past, this is a really minor gripe for me. The rest of the franchise's good points outshine the bad ones enough.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
It could be his Down B. Before the Poltergust disappears, he activates his Final Smash, so it just happens to show up then and there.
If the Poltergust was still out, Luigi wouldn't have been able to activate a Final Smash until the frames of the supposed Poltergust attack are done, especially if he's still holding the vacuum. He would have probably put the hose away if it was a FLUDD scenario.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Anyone ready for Destiny? It looks interesting, and that's saying something, as I'm not a big FPS guy...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom