• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I heard it was okay.
Though didn't they turn George Washington into a villain?
AC3 sucks. It's most definatly a downgrade from the Ezio trilogy, by far.

Awkward control scheme.
Glitches galore.
Horrible combat.
Stealth almost useless after the Oprea.
Meh plot.
Character development went backwards.

All in all. The greatness of the Ezio trilogy is lacking great in AC3. AC4 isn't all that better from what I heard either. I have no idea how the messed the games up so bad, but they did.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
AC3 sucks. It's most definatly a downgrade from the Ezio trilogy, by far.

Awkward control scheme.
Glitches galore.
Horrible combat.
Stealth almost useless after the Oprea.
Meh plot.
Character development went backwards.

All in all. The greatness of the Ezio trilogy is lacking great in AC3. AC4 isn't all that better from what I heard either. I have no idea how the messed the games up so bad, but they did.
But did they turn George Washington into a villain?
That's the money question here.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well to be fair, Wario, Meta Knight and Yoshi could also happen, as Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Warioware Inc Mega Microgames and Super Mario Advance 2 Super Mario World hit GBA Virtual Console in Japan the same day.
No one cares about Meta Knight right now. We just want Yoshi, Wario, and the Cap.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
All I care about right now is :snake::ness2::falcon::gw::metaknight:

They're my only mains left unannounced so far.

So Falcon would be pretty good, still holding on for the hope of a direct getting announced though...

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
No one cares about Meta Knight right now. We just want Yoshi, Wario, and the Cap.

Well, three things:

1. The return of Meta Knight would also make the discussion of Meta Knight being overpowered return too.

2. Meta Knight DOES have another chance, since later in April Japan also gets Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland on GBA Virtual Console.

3. No matter which character is revealed (assuming one does get revealed at all) we will either get

a. The return of "Meta Knight is cheap and overpowered" discussions

b. The END of all the "WHERE'S YOSHI?" chatter

c. The return of FALCON PAWNCH

d. The return of the "Wario Waft"

I'm rooting for Wario myself, since Warioware Mega Microgames ties in better with the helmet and jacket appearance Wario dons in Smash Bros. Plus he was a character I frequently used, so it'll be nice to see him again.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Really interested in seeing what Sakurai will throw at us tomorrow. Hell, i'm interested in what shenanigans the whole industry will throw out tomorrow.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Really interested in seeing what Sakurai will throw at us tomorrow. Hell, i'm interested in what shenanigans the whole industry will throw out tomorrow.
Capcom will uncancel all their Mega Man games and make Resident Evil a online co-op first person shooter.

Only one of those claims is true.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Do I dare go on the internet tomorrow is the question...

I might actually just see the pic of the day and ignore everything else internet-related since it is my mom's birthday tomorrow and all. (For the record, trying to convince someone that it's really your mother's birthday on April 1st is a pain. Seriously.)

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Except the only ones who will see it are the ones who look at Sakurai's Miiverse posts. Smashboards has a maintenance today, remember? I don't know if I'll be able to scream with delight or laugh at all the rage.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
When you say Star Wolf are you talking about the codecs??? Because they only appear on Lylat Crusise as far as I know. Then again how many other space-like stages were their in Brawl that Star Wolf appeared in??? If anything they would only be limited to Corneria and Lylat, which is still in the Star Fox universe. What move are you talking about?? I'm not sure I follow this Star Wolf argument entirely. Giga Bowser appearing on other stages wouldn't be a problem as he would appear on all stages Bowser is available in...which is all because none of the characters on Brawl's roster is banned or in accessible on any stage.
Andross has one attack. And in Melee and Brawl, Star Wolf overall appears to attack on more than one stage. It's more in the meta sense.

Sounds elaborate. Don't see why he would obtain a smash ball just before he snaps a picture just for ****s and giggles. Sakurai seems to be the kind of guy that only shows things he wants to show the fans. A coincidence sure, a very elaborate one
Because Sakurai is like that honestly. He loves to screw with us. He's quite a troll.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first final smash we have received as the PotD. All other Final Smash have been revealed via trailers. So if this is indeed the first final smash debuted as an FS, I think it is pretty much open to just how Sakurai chooses to tackle them as PotD.
Is it the first Final Smash? Maybe. Or maybe it's not, and is leading up to one. We don't know. He didn't actually say it, so it doesn't matter what it looks like, it might not be one. I don't know why people just won't accept they could be wrong. Yes, it's possible.

If the Poltergust was still out, Luigi wouldn't have been able to activate a Final Smash until the frames of the supposed Poltergust attack are done, especially if he's still holding the vacuum. He would have probably put the hose away if it was a FLUDD scenario.
Not true. That's the case in Brawl, but how do we know it's the same now in 4? A past game's scenario doesn't make an entirely new game's scenario impossible. Unlikely is fine to call, but that's at best reasonable.

I'm going to be blunt; There is no actual way to say this is a Final Smash for sure, and it's going to be impossible to confirm it with any of this current information(it's vague, you can't compare two games to each other that already has changed properties. If one thing is changed, saying the other bits can't is just ignoring alternate possibilities). It's no more than an assumption now until the game is released or he actually admits it's a Final Smash. That's just how it is. We'll find out eventually, but its status will stay unknown till possibly the next PotD or later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom