• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait a sec... You're Koro-Sensei from GameFAQs? I wouldn't have known that. lol

Epic thread you got there. Nurufufufufu... They took the bait and all you gotta do is sit back and watch as things unfold according to your plan. :troll:
All according to the keikaku. The Owain fanbooys are whining and defending him as expected. Now if you excuse me, I'll customize the soundtrack in my copy of J-Stars to be like the Anisound Edition and crush people with Koro-Sensei.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Are we finally getting Megaman Xtreme on the 3DS? I remember hearing about that. I didn't know when they were re-releasing it though. It would definitely be even better if the SNES Megaman X games were on the 3DS Virtual Console. There's no way that the 3DS would have trouble making those games work. Still, Megaman Xtreme was a pretty fun game to play, if not a little easier than the SNES versions of MMX1 and MMX2.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Andross has one attack. And in Melee and Brawl, Star Wolf overall appears to attack on more than one stage. It's more in the meta sense.
The key question is, are the stages they appeared on Starfox themed? Iirc, Star Wolf was present on Venom and Corneria, which both happen to be Starfox themed. Andross is appearing in a whole other franchise here. I doubt you are going to see lasers and StarWolf's arwings flying about on the Pokemon Stadium levels correct??
Because Sakurai is like that honestly. He loves to screw with us. He's quite a troll.
Lol, that statement holds more weight than it should. Lol! Yes, it's no surprise that Sakurai loves to play on the expectations and hopes of fans. But he doesn't ALWAYS troll people when types or says something. He isn't on troll mode 100% of the time, 24/7.......can he!?
Is it the first Final Smash? Maybe. Or maybe it's not, and is leading up to one. We don't know. He didn't actually say it, so it doesn't matter what it looks like, it might not be one. I don't know why people just won't accept they could be wrong. Yes, it's possible.
Trust me I have no problem being wrong, Not the first, and i'm certain it won't be the last. 2 years from now when we are all playing the game. No one here is going to be remembered as 'the fabled one who predicted/called *insert character here*'s FS'. I'm not denying that it isn't a possibility, what i am doing however, is suggesting maybe you are looking into a simple reveal too deeply. I'm sure you can make the counter claim that I'm not looking deep enough, and i guess we just stand on the opposite sides of this fence for this issue.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The key question is, are the stages they appeared on Starfox themed? Iirc, Star Wolf was present on Venom and Corneria, which both happen to be Starfox themed. Andross is appearing in a whole other franchise here. I doubt you are going to see lasers and StarWolf's arwings flying about on the Pokemon Stadium levels correct??
Is Pokemon Stadium a course set in space? No? Then it's a poor example.

Because it only counts if it's a space-like stage. Again, not saying it's the case, but we don't know his role yet officially. Not like anyone can legitimately say it's confirmed since he did not say it was an Assist Trophy in 4.

Lol, that statement holds more weight than it should. Lol! Yes, it's no surprise that Sakurai loves to play on the expectations and hopes of fans. But he doesn't ALWAYS troll people when types or says something. He isn't on troll mode 100% of the time, 24/7.......can he!?
He does it enough, really.

Trust me I have no problem being wrong, Not the first, and i'm certain it won't be the last. 2 years from now when we are all playing the game. No one here is going to be remembered as 'the fabled one who predicted/called *insert character here*'s FS'. I'm not denying that it isn't a possibility, what i am doing however, is suggesting maybe you are looking into a simple reveal too deeply. I'm sure you can make the counter claim that I'm not looking deep enough, and i guess we just stand on the opposite sides of this fence for this issue.
Anyone who refuses to accept the fact we don't know if it's a Final Smash or not is doing the same thing(if that didn't make sense, "I say there's more problems with people keeping a closed mind and not accepting that other possibilities exist than one person actually looking at all possibilities."). We still don't know what it is, it's solely hinted at towards being a Final Smash, but when every other one shows the characters' fully attacking or at least transforming, I can't help but raise an eyebrow at a severe lack of information here. He doesn't bother to tell us what is going on, besides the item existing, and what it might do. That raises a lot of red flags to me, like why he bothered to be vague in the first place. Hence why I think he might just be messing with us in some way.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Is Pokemon Stadium a course set in space? No? Then it's a poor example.
Because it only counts if it's a space-like stage. Again, not saying it's the case, but we don't know his role yet officially. Not like anyone can legitimately say it's confirmed since he did not say it was an Assist Trophy in 4.
Again I ask the question:
Are the stages they appeared on Starfox themed? Do they appear out side of the StarFox themed levels?
Spear Pillar and Final D. can be considered space-ish, do they appear on those stages?
He does it enough, really.
He puts out a troll post 1 to 2 times every two weeks. The majority of his posts have been informative and the rest have been goofy/weird stuff like Rosalina on the ground. Idt that warrants us to overthink everything the dude puts out. He isn't speaking in parables here. :laugh:
Anyone who refuses to accept the fact we don't know if it's a Final Smash or not is doing the same thing(if that didn't make sense, "I say there's more problems with people keeping a close minded and not accepting that other possibilities exist than one person actually looking at all possibilities.". We still don't know what it is, it's solely hinted at towards being a Final Smash, but when every other one shows the characters' fully attacking or at least transforming, I can't help but raise an eyebrow at a severe lack of information here. He doesn't bother to tell us what is going on, besides the item existing, and what it might do. That raises a lot of red flags to me, like why he bothered to be vague in the first place. Hence why I think he might just be messing with us in some way.
Again I think you are looking too deeply into a simple picture reveal. While you say lack of information, to some, the glowing aura, dimmed lights and the reveal of the Poltergust is enough information to form some type of opinion. Especially when there are other pics to go off as reference to support our assumptions. We aren't just blindly assuming stuff here.

But, I think we've been going in circles long enough homie, I get your point, and I believe you get mine correct???

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Again I ask the question:
Are the stages they appeared on Starfox themed? Do they appear out side of the StarFox themed levels?
Spear Pillar and Final D. can be considered space-ish, do they appear on that stage.
No. But the point is still going over your head here;

What happened in 64/Melee/Brawl can be changed for Smash 4. It doesn't matter if it was never done before. Did you really expect the Red Shell of all things to leave? Came out of left field.

He puts out a troll post 1 to 2 times every two weeks. The majority of his posts have been informative and the rest have been goofy/weird stuff like Rosalina on the ground.
Quite enough, really.

Idt that warrants us to overthink everything the dude puts out. He isn't speaking in parables here :laugh:
Again I think you are looking too deeply into a simple picture reveal. While you say lack of information, to some, the glowing aura, dimmed lights and the reveal of the Poltergust is enough information to form some type of opinion.
And those are opinions and nothing more. Also, I'd like to remind you that right now you're making it entirely about me, saying there's something wrong with the fact I look at all possibilities. Refute my points, only. You've clearly made me the subject and keep trying to do so. Not cool, man.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well. I'm signing out.
Can't wait to see what happens to Smashboards tomorrow morning.

I predict all our usernames will be pink.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
All according to the keikaku. The Owain fanbooys are whining and defending him as expected. Now if you excuse me, I'll customize the soundtrack in my copy of J-Stars to be like the Anisound Edition and crush people with Koro-Sensei.
It's funny how they keep falling for it despite being given proof that it was a troll topic.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's funny how they keep falling for it despite being given proof that it was a troll topic.
See mimgrim.
That's the magical thing about GameFAQs.
Even when everything's all said and done, they still find a way to retrace their steps.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
No. But the point is still going over your head here;
What happened in 64/Melee/Brawl can be changed for Smash 4. It doesn't matter if it was never done before. Did you really expect the Red Shell of all things to leave? Came out of left field
Well of course things are likely to change in Smash4. But just because some things change doesn't mean all things will. Look at Waluigi.
Quite enough, really.
ite enough, but not 100%. Which means there is the possibility (however small you may view it) that Sakurai will drop something that isn't troll worthy
And those are opinions and nothing more. Also, I'd like to remind you that right now you're making it entirely about me, saying there's something wrong with the fact I look at all possibilities. Refute my points, please. I'm getting a little tired of all these personal attacks whenever I find something people didn't think of. It's infuriating and quite rude.
I've been saying we have just have two conflicting opinions for the last couple posts. Proof:
Some people are waiting for Sakurai to say duck and some people believe they know a duck when they see one.
...and I guess we just stand on the opposite sides of this fence for this issue.
I'm not saying there is nothing wrong with you no ruling out possibilities. I've stated twice already:
But like I said, that is one of the best ways to avoid looking like a fool assuming things.
and Personal attacks!?

I'm dazed here. I'm literally laughing, I'm confused and dazed. Like seriously!? I'm attacking you!? I've been doing nothing but stating our two points and say we just differ on our stances. Where you see me attacking I'm lost, maybe you are taking this convo a bit personal or maybe it is my poor choice of words (hopefully its the last one).

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So I feel like updating you all on my Dark Souls progress again.

I back tracked all the way back to Oswald, but on the way I ended up dying due to my own stupidity. Losing my bloodstain down in the depths. It only had 1 humanity anyway and I gained that easily enough. After getting the purging stone I re-stocked on arrows. I then went back to the depths. I've been doing much better. I feel for the same trap floor as last time getting put into the den with those frog creatures with big eyes that curse me, but this time I killed every last one of them. I also killed that giant rat, granted I killed him from above so he couldn't hurt me. Collected the rest of the loot it was guarding. I now have a shortcut to the Bonfire in the depths now that leads to the area's boss, I think, now. I am not trying to farm souls to buy the armor Dohma, or whatever his name is, is selling as it 10 times better then what I currently have, just quite a bit expensive for me in this part of the game. But I want it dagnabbit. I also want to get my Strength and Dexterity stats up so I can wield the Blacknight Sword. So yes, I'm going on a farming spree now. But I think I have good access to Souls now, considering.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well of course things are likely to change in Smash4. But just because some things change doesn't mean all things will. Look at Waluigi.
One thing stayed, so all the rest do? Slippery slope. Not good enough.

ite enough, but not 100%. Which means there is the possibility (however small you may view it) that Sakurai will drop something that isn't troll worthy
He drops enough vague stuff, trolling or not.

I've been saying we have just have two conflicting opinions for the last couple posts. Proof:

I'm not saying there is nothing wrong with you no ruling out possibilities. I've stated twice already:

and Personal attacks!?
"Again I think you are looking too deeply into a simple picture reveal."
That's exactly what this is. You've chosen to make it strictly about me. Seriously, stop doing that. I am not the subject. And yeah, you saying this statement tells me you're saying there's something wrong with it. There is seriously no other way for me to take it.

I'm dazed here. I'm literally laughing, I'm confused and dazed. Like seriously!? I'm attacking you!? I've been doing nothing but state our two points and say we just differ on our stances. Where you see me attacking I'm lost, maybe you are taking this convo a bit personal or maybe it is my poor choice of words (hopefully its the last one).
No, I know when it becomes a personal attack, and you started delving into it. I've death with it before; If I'm the specific subject, it becomes personal. You made it strictly about me, not the opinion presented.

It's fine to disagree with an opinion, but don't make it sound like I'm an idiot or doing too much research. Because I honestly am constantly feeling talked down to by you. I would appreciate it if you just went the route of "agree to disagree" instead of doing this kind of thing. I know it's hard to tell, and it's subtle, but a general rule of thumb is this; If you start accusing people of stuff, you're pretty much making it personal. It's an accusation of someone. It's pretty obvious it's personal. Not a contest at all. You can argue whether it's a big deal or not, but of course it's personal. It's about the person, not their argument.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
So I feel like updating you all on my Dark Souls progress again.

I back tracked all the way back to Oswald, but on the way I ended up dying due to my own stupidity. Losing my bloodstain down in the depths. It only had 1 humanity anyway and I gained that easily enough. After getting the purging stone I re-stocked on arrows. I then went back to the depths. I've been doing much better. I feel for the same trap floor as last time getting put into the den with those frog creatures with big eyes that curse me, but this time I killed every last one of them. I also killed that giant rat, granted I killed him from above so he couldn't hurt me. Collected the rest of the loot it was guarding. I now have a shortcut to the Bonfire in the depths now that leads to the area's boss, I think, now. I am not trying to farm souls to buy the armor Dohma, or whatever his name is, is selling as it 10 times better then what I currently have, just quite a bit expensive for me in this part of the game. But I want it dagnabbit. I also want to get my Strength and Dexterity stats up so I can wield the Blacknight Sword. So yes, I'm going on a farming spree now. But I think I have good access to Souls now, considering.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Personally I think the whole is it a Final Smash thing is one huge moot point.
I agree that it is conceivably possible that it isn't his Final Smash, I think everyone can agree on that, but that's not the argument here from what I'm seeing. The argument is whether or not we should consider the evidence enough that it's better not to question it. In my opinion I believe that there is enough evidence that it is more logical to operate under the assumption that it is his Final Smash (and then later revise that belief if it is directly disproven) than it is to take a "well we really don't know approach". Now if you personally think the opposite, that it's more logical to operate under a "this is very likely what happening but there is uncertainty" angle, that's also perfectly fine(and you do have good arguments to back yourself up). They're both fine.

Also, and I cannot stress this enough, proof is very, very much a relative term. In the end proof just means enough evidence to make someone believe in something. There is no absolute proof; you can choose to disbelieve anything at all, it just gets increasingly less logical to do so the more evidence there is for it. There are however functional definitions of proof that different discourses use like the scientific community, various legal systems, various wikis, various religious sects. ect. Hyperfalcon, you seem to be very much using the TV tropes definition. That's fine but that's not the only definition and you're presenting it like it is, intentionally or not.

Well that ended up a lot more philosophical than I intended, but I do think that's where the root of this argument lies so...

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Did you guys clearly for get that pressing the Special Button (B) once with the Small Ball Aura on automatically activates the Final Smash? If anything, it being a taunt is the only second option.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You'll need to plug all of my orifices to pacify me this time.
Get someone else to do it.

Did you guys clearly for get that pressing the Special Button (B) once with the Small Ball Aura on automatically activates the Final Smash? If anything, it being a taunt is the only second option.
Isn't this only for Nspecial?

Also, assuming the above is not correct, it could also possibly be a regular attack of some kind or a grab. Those are also options.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well, I look forward to tomorrow. Not only is it the only minor holiday that celebrates pranksters like me, but I HAVE A NEW AWESOME AVATAR. XD

Night Everyone. Have a happy Fool's Day tomorrow!

MaskO' away!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
One thing stayed, so all the rest do? Slippery slope. Not good enough.
I was never making that point, keep in mind my point is that Andross (like Starfy) is a returning character that was a was present in previous games, and due to the way they were presented and where they were revealed. One could draw certain conclusions. My point has nothing to do with all things needing to stay the same...
He drops enough vague stuff, trolling or not.
Okay now the focus is being shifted from trolling to being vague? My point has nothing to do with him being vague. Again my point is: Sakurai can often times informative more than he is troll-y. Throwing out the fact that he can be vague, does really relate to my point.
"Again I think you are looking too deeply into a simple picture reveal."
That's exactly what this is. You've chosen to make it strictly about me. Seriously, stop doing that. I am not the subject. And yeah, you saying this statement tells me you're saying there's something wrong with it. There is seriously no other way for me to take it.
I don't really consider that to be an attack at all. I'm replying back to what you are typing, so yes I'm going to try to be specific and directed to you. That doesn't mean I'm attacking you. Am I attacking myself too if I say ''I'm not looking too deeply into this matter too?'' Do you want me to generalize the statement? I'm trying to accommodate for your feelings here.
No, I know when it becomes a personal attack, and you started delving into it. I've death with it before; If I'm the specific subject, it becomes personal. You made it strictly about me, not the opinion presented.
It's fine to disagree with an opinion, but don't make it sound like I'm an idiot or doing too much research. Because I honestly am constantly feeling talked down to by you. I would appreciate it if you just went the route of "agree to disagree" instead of doing this kind of thing. I know it's hard to tell, and it's subtle, but a general rule of thumb is this; If you start accusing people of stuff, you're pretty much making it personal. It's an accusation of someone. It's pretty obvious it's personal. Not a contest at all. You can argue whether it's a big deal or not, but of course it's personal. It's about the person, not their argument
Ooookay Hyper, I don't like where this is going... You're a cool person and all, and I have no beef with you. But right now, I feel as though you are trying to victimize yourself in a convo where there was no intention to attack or come at you. I don't think that's cool at all. Maybe its because we are on the net with the lack of social cues for things like tone of voice, but to me I thought this was just discussion on how we understood today's PotD. There is no need to make yourself the victim homie. I think we should stop because it seems like this discussion has opened up some **** I'm not entirely sure I wana get into.

I seriously recommend you relax, and try to take your feelings out of further discussions. Stressing yourself over stuff that isn't even there like this isn't healthy.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I was never making that point, keep in mind my point is that Andross (like Starfy) is a returning character that was a was present in previous games, and due to the way they were presented and where they were revealed. One could draw certain conclusions. My point has nothing to do with all things needing to stay the same...
Drawing certain conclusions doesn't make them facts. That's the whole point.

Okay now the focus is being shifted from trolling to being vague? My point has nothing to do with him being vague. Again my point is: Sakurai can often times informative more than he is troll-y. Throwing out the fact that he can be vague, does really relate to my point.
It's the same overall thing in the end. He does stuff we can't entirely tell what he means. That's all.

I don't really consider that to be an attack at all. I'm replying back to what you are typing, so yes I'm going to try to be specific and direct to you. That doesn't mean I'm attacking you. Am I attacking myself too if I say ''I'm not looking too deeply into this matter too?'' Do you want me to generalize the statement? I'm trying to accommodate for your feelings here.
I'd appreciate it if you don't trivialize personal attack when you make them. And it's really easy to tell you made it about me, since you talked straight about the way I did things, and not what the points are.

Ooookay Hyper, I don't like where this is going... You're a cool person and all, and I have no beef with you. But right now, I feel as though you are trying to victimize yourself in a convo where there was no intention to attack or come at you. I don't think that's cool at all. Maybe its because we are on the net with the lack of social cues for things like tone of voice, but to me I thought this was just discussion on how we understood today's PotD. There is no need to make yourself the victim homie. I think we should stop because it seems like this discussion has opened up some **** I'm not entirely sure I wanna get into.
If you make a personal attack, I will call you out on it. Don't make it about the person specifically. How they came to the conclusion isn't relevant, nor is the fact they put more thought into something than you did. That sounds just as insulting when I say it, of course. It's not acceptable.

I seriously recommend you relax, and try to take your feelings out of further discussions. Stressing yourself over stuff that isn't even there like this isn't healthy.
Dismissing my points or my person as is, which you did, is not going to make me less than annoyed. I'm reacting perfectly naturally to being personally attacked. Something to keep in mind; it doesn't matter if you can't tell, some people can tell when you're causing issues if you don't see it. Until you decided to personally make it sound like I'm some kind of idiot who looks into stuff that isn't there(there's no other way to ultimately take what you said, anyway), it was an extremely civil debate. Although, you did miss my point a lot, I admit I didn't push it out as well as I could overall. Which is why I specified more, and apologies for making the Space stages point confusing. But that's all I'm willing or should be apologizing for, since I made no mistakes beyond that.

Now I'd appreciate it if you either apologized or agreed to disagree. Either or.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Now I'd appreciate it if you either apologized or agreed to disagree. Either or.
I'll do all of the above, I appologise for this attack and I agree to disagree. Now, please stop victimizing yourself. Believe it or not, I'm trying so hard right now to be nice.

Now, Kamikazek summed up how I was try to end the topic in a better worded, hopefully attack free response. And judging by your like, I assume that you have come to realize some sort of middle ground that i have failed to create. Hopefully this topic ends with his/her post.

P.S i did read your whole response i didn't just delete it to show i ignored it or anything like that. Just wanted to squash this accusation.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'll do all of the above, I appologise for this attack and I agree to disagree. Now, please stop victimizing yourself. Believe it or not, I'm trying so hard right now to be nice.
Thank you. And I just got all my teeth pulled and have a severely sore mouth. Like, extreme pain man. I'm 100% justified in feeling annoyed at things right now. There's a reason why even so, I refuse to insult or flame anyone no matter how much I feel like it. Because flaming others is never justified, respectively. :)

Now, Kamikazek summed up how I was try to end the topic in a better worded, hopefully attack free response. And judging by your like, I assume that you have come to realize some sort of middle ground that i have failed to create. Hopefully this topic ends with his/her post.
I disagree with his TVT point, though. I think you know what mine is, or I hope I do; "None of that was confirmed, but there's a damn good chance they're what they appear to be." I was never saying anything else, and provided many reasons why it might not be what appeared. That's all.

And I never thought you tried to ignore any of what I said.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So Mr. Incredible is back in SSF2. And the video was uploaded March 31 so I don't think it is April Fools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom