• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Odd. Due to him being an Assist Trophy before, Sakurai didn't bother to "confirm" him. Although it's bloody obvious anyway. Unless he shows up in any space-like stage as a hazard, but I highly doubt that.
Notice how if it is a character with lots of fans supporting them, Sakurai would clarify that they are Assist Trophies. Examples being Ashley, Skull Kid, Waluigi, and Nintendog (he probably pointed that one out for BluePikmin :troll:)

If it is a character with little to no support, Sakurai wouldn't bother pointing out they are Assist Trophies because he knows that many fans wouldn't care if they were deconfirmed. Examples being Starfy, Dedenee, and Andross.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I always thought Romeo X Juliet could damn near pass for a Fire Emblem Anime if you just changed the names. It's got Pegasi and everything. Just needs more war.
Dangit why do I keep replying to all your posts...
I'm going to go watch it and pretend it's a Fire Emblem Movie. XD
Notice how if it is a character with lots of fans supporting them, Sakurai would clarify that they are Assist Trophies. Examples being Ashley, Skull Kid, Waluigi, and Nintendog (he probably pointed that one out for BluePikmin :troll:)

If it is a character with little to no support, Sakurai wouldn't bother pointing out they are Assist Trophies because he knows that many fans wouldn't care if they were deconfirmed. Examples being Starfy, Dedenee, and Andross.
Good point... I guess a AT Skull Kid is Better than no Skull Kid.

Annnddd Tomorrow, SKULL KID RETURNS!!! As my avatar.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Here's my general consensus on a character reveal. We have 4 options:
  • One character tomorrow
  • One character Monday
  • Both
  • Neither
That being said, if that one character is Pokemon Trainer with his Pokemon, I'd be fine with that because he's a 3-in-1 character.

Otherwise, though, I don't know.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Summed up my words entirely. ^ Though I'm thinking Tomorrow only.
Best case scenario is both (though it may be overly optimistic), worst case scenario is neither (though it may be overly pessimistic). I'll just be glad if we get one.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Best case scenario is both (though it may be overly optimistic), worst case scenario is neither (though it may be overly pessimistic). I'll just be glad if we get one.
It's been a month almost since Diddy threw his hat into the ring. I think at this point we're bound for something big, and I want to say Pokemon Trainer.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Here's my general consensus on a character reveal. We have 4 options:
  • One character tomorrow
  • One character Monday
  • Both
  • Neither
That being said, if that one character is Pokemon Trainer with his Pokemon, I'd be fine with that because he's a 3-in-1 character.

Otherwise, though, I don't know.
Yes, I would forgive Sakurai for the drought if he reveals Pokémon Trainer.
Not only because it's a three-for-one deal, but because it would put an end to all that "The Trainer is obviously going to change trio because Emboar can totally have Charizard's moveset since they're both fire-types!", "The Trainer has been cut because 3DS!", "Charizard should play alone because Project M!" bull****.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Any thoughts on April fools day?

Not that I expect any special...
Site hi-jinx will occur.
Numerous unfunny joke posts/leaks/whatever.
Consequently many will be banned or infracted by my hand.

Oh and Sakurai will post asking "What is April Fool's Day?"

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I hope we get either:yoshi2:or:falcon:.

At this point I'm really just waiting for out last Nintendo Direct before E3.
I'm not expecting much from this next ND, because E3 is around the corner and I would imagine Nintendo would like to save their heavy hitters for such an event (if they still value E3 as a platform to do so that is), but I'm just hoping to see what character we get.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
It's been a month almost since Diddy threw his hat into the ring. I think at this point we're bound for something big, and I want to say Pokemon Trainer.
Actually, it's been more than a month. Diddy was revealed February 22nd(?).

@ Vintage Creep Vintage Creep Honestly, if anything, I hope they stay together, but I also hope the stamina system and the forced switching are removed.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
If he does, I wonder how many Miiverse folk will take that day with a grain of salt.
But yeah, April 01 from my previous observations will be a conglomerate hell. Get the hammers at the ready, eh?
Actually, it's been more than a month. Diddy was revealed February 22nd(?).
Well then, I guess it makes it even more sensible to have a reveal tomorrow?!

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Site hi-jinx will occur.
Numerous unfunny joke posts/leaks/whatever.
Consequently many will be banned or infracted by my hand.

And it shall be glorious.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I hope we get either:yoshi2:or:falcon:.

At this point I'm really just waiting for out last Nintendo Direct before E3.
I'm not expecting much from this next ND, because E3 is around the corner and I would imagine Nintendo would like to save their heavy hitters for such an event (if they still value E3 as a platform to do so that is), but I'm just hoping to see what character we get.
I'm still expecting a newcomer in April, though whether or not it'll be a big one is yet to be seen.

But yeah, E3 should be FUN if reveals may be a step up from last year. MegaMan hype exploded, and if we get more than one big character this year? Oh, man.

I mean heck, Wii Fit Trainer hype was even bigger than MegaMan as time went on because nobody saw it coming.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
@ Vintage Creep Vintage Creep Honestly, if anything, I hope they stay together, but I also hope the stamina system and the forced switching are removed.
I'm fairly hoping that "improvements and balance" means ridiculous mechanics like that that are oddly situational just get removed in general.

I'm still expecting a newcomer in April, though whether or not it'll be a big one is yet to be seen.
It's pretty much guaranteed, and tomorrow could shed some light with a veteran to an existing franchise.
But yeah, E3 should be FUN if reveals may be a step up from last year. MegaMan hype exploded, and if we get more than one big character this year? Oh, man.
We might. Of course, there's a few big ones. Ridley, Mewtwo, DK Newcomers, Snake... and yes, Pac-Man can cause some hype.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Andross is an again AT huh?

Well, that one guy who wanted Andross playable will be upset.
It's... kind of like Dedenne? We just didn't really care all too much. Though his return was not surprising.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I wonder if there will be a REAL pic of the day on April 1st.

The most obvious sign, folks, is Olimar. :p

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

That is, unless you're Sakurai.
If anything, Olimar will be in the real pic, and the "newcomer" is in the "real" pic.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I have a question for anyone here that is familiar with Dark Souls.

The bridge that leads to the undead Parish is suppose to be a place for easy soul farming. I should be able to get 555 souls every time I do it, it's the method of having the Helkite Dragon kill all the hollows on the bridge. However I only ever get 300 souls each time. Why is this? D:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer

Honestly, I feel like April 1 will be a disconfirmation. Sakurai has that trollish, sadistic side. Where it's a character people want but no picture info or anything.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
That is, unless you're Sakurai.
If anything, Olimar will be in the real pic, and the "newcomer" is in the "real" pic.
The real character will be in the middle of getting KO'd off the top JUST above the light on Olimar's helmet.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep

My guess is Sakurai showing a picture of a detail of a known wanted character, like Mewtwo. Something like his eye, too tiny to be confirmation of anything but big enough to be clearly a part of him.

No caption for about an hour.

Then another picture, showing Mewtwo's trophy, with the caption: "You just got Sakurai'd.".

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Honestly, I don't expect a character tomorrow. There is a huge drought of character news, but that isn't bothering me. We're still getting news on many aspects of the game. In fact, this month we had few filler pictures, as we had quite a lot of stage and item reveals.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, if we're on the topic of April Fools.
The picture will probably go like.
"Pic of the day. Sorry for the wait! But here they are! *insert popular request here* is finally in Smash!"
"...As an Assist Trophy."

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

On the other hand, he confirmed only new Assist Trophies specifically. Dedenne doesn't count as one due to a Poke Ball assumable status.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I don't why so many of you people are calling this month dry in terms of Smash stuff. We've been getting all kinds of neat little info this month. This has been one of the best months for Smash 4 news imo. :/

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Still think showing Ridley on a ton of different stages labelled as an Assist Trophy, then later revealing that he was only under the influence of a Super Mushroom would be the best ever for April Fools.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I don't why so many of you people are calling this month dry in terms of Smash stuff. We've been getting all kinds of neat little info this month. This has been one of the best months for Smash 4 news imo. :/
It's by far the worst after June and July which barely got anything new.
"Small info" it's exactly the reason why this month sucked.
We got that new Lumiose City! Except we barely saw nothing of it.
We got that Tomodachi stage! Except it looks like ass.
We got the first image of the 3DS without outlines! Except nobody gave a **** about that.
We got the Smash Ball! Except we already got that.
We got... trophies? Except they are... trophies.

This month has been decent only in the item territory, lots of them and fairly interesting, even though they were revealed all basically this week. As for all the others department, it's been terrible and no Yoshi is still laughable.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Why are people worried about Yoshi, when, even though he hasn't been revealed yet, he's practically guaranteed to be in the game considering he's been in the series since the first game and is one of the most famous Nintendo characters? I really don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom