• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Films based on plot and cutscene intensive series like Metal Gear and Kingdom Hearts would be redundant as hell.

The games ARE the movies. The music, voice actors, and plots are already there.

The Metal Gear Solid movie may turn out nice, but I'm not expecting many of the scenes to be on the level of the original game's.

-----
Metal Gear Movie? Gosh no! Video game plots should not be in movies...

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Metal Gear Movie? Gosh no! Video game plots should not be in movies...
While that's usually true, the Metal Gear Solid games are basically interactive action-stealth movies anyway. If you just skip the otherwise screen-unfriendly stealthing and other purely gaming mechanics, you could easily whip up a screenplay out of the MGS franchise.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I still hope for the day a live action Legend of Zelda movie is made. Metroid too.

Also, new avatar. Lady Bow from Paper Mario, one of my favorites partners in the series.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I still hope for the day a live action Legend of Zelda movie is made. Metroid too.

Also, new avatar. Lady Bow from Paper Mario, one of my favorites partners in the series.
I REALLY need to beat Paper Mario. (Stupid cloud boss!)

>.>
<.<

Then I need to play thousand year door.

But I think I remember liking Bow. Maybe Watts and Goombario also but I can't remember.

Edit: Oh! How can I forget bombette? :3

Last edited:

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
A Fire Emblem movie in an anime art style would be cool. Or heck, an updated Fire Emblem anime.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
A Fire Emblem movie in an anime art style would be cool. Or heck, an updated Fire Emblem anime.
I always thought Romeo X Juliet could damn near pass for a Fire Emblem Anime if you just changed the names. It's got Pegasi and everything. Just needs more war.
Dangit why do I keep replying to all your posts...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
They would never do that.... Zelda and Metroid fans would decry those movies if Link and Samus talked and had personalities.
I don't think people would be too mad if Samus talked. Provided they avoid having her be similar to her Metroid Other M incarnation. They could have her act like she does in the Metroid comics, people seem to like that version of her.

With Link, I agree. Unlike some other mostly silent protagonist, I seriously can't see him talking for some reason. I mean, Mario, Samus, Classic Megaman and even freaking Crash Bandicoot, I have no problem hearing them talk. I guess I'm just used to having Link kept as a mute. If they had a Zelda movie, Zelda and Ganondorf would have to do all the talking.

Though I would prefer to just make a CGI Mario movie, that kept to the style of the games. The same with goes for making a Megaman CGI movie too. I know that's what they are going to do with Ratchet and Clank, along with Sly Cooper.

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
I always thought Romeo X Juliet could damn near pass for a Fire Emblem Anime if you just changed the names. It's got Pegasi and everything. Just needs more war.
Dangit why do I keep replying to all your posts...
I don't mind :0

And that looks pretty good :0

Ok, real talk.

If Smash 4 turns out to be slightly slower than Melee but faster than Brawl, could it end up at Evo one day like Melee?

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ok, real talk.

If Smash 4 turns out to be slightly slower than Melee but faster than Brawl, could it end up at Evo one day like Melee?
I don't know about Day 1. But I think that it could take a major spot on EVO, even if it's only for one year. There could be a lot of factors that goes into this. I think that the competitive community would have to be willing to keep supporting the game, that's for sure. I think they would, provided that it was at least reasonably faster and more balanced than the official Brawl. Games like MvC2 had also been around for 10 years or so and eventually got replaced by their successors, I would like to see the same happen to Melee too.

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
I don't know about Day 1. But I think that it could take a major spot on EVO, even if it's only for one year. There could be a lot of factors that goes into this. I think that the competitive community would have to be willing to keep supporting the game, that's for sure. I think they would, provided that it was at least reasonably faster and more balanced than the official Brawl. Games like MvC2 had also been around for 10 years or so and eventually got replaced by their successors, I would like to see the same happen to Melee too.
The thing about MvC3 was that Capcom officially supports and recognizes its competitive community. They even released an updated version of the game with modifications to characters to either tone them down or buff them up.

That's not the case with Nintendo though. Sakurai apparently dislikes the Smash Brothers games to be played on a pro tournament level. It wasn't his vision. He specifically watered down Brawl on purpose to try to keep Brawl from being a better Melee. I know he remembers the severe backlash he got for ruining Brawl and for almost blocking Melee being streamed last year at Evo. I'm just afraid that Sakurai will purposely sabotage Smash 4 to deter the more competitive scene because he's obsessed with Smash Bros. being a mindless party game(Which admittingly was first how I got into Smash.)

Last edited:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Quick question. What is your opinion of the GBA Player for the gamecube?

How would you compare it to the situation with the Wii u and 3ds issue you are mentioning?
I know tho question was directed at someone else but I would like to chime in.

I personally like the gameboy player line. It's fun to play handhelds on your tv. I think that yes it loses it's portability and it's sound may be for a smaller speaker but playing gb games on a TV is darn cool.

As for rebuying retro gba titles on a home console i don't like the idea however on the gamepad playing a gba game could be really cool and still maintain it's portability to a degree. Plus it's a huge screen compared to the gba line.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The thing about MvC3 was that Capcom officially supports and recognizes its competitive community. They even released an updated version of the game with modifications to characters to either tone them down or buff them up.

That's not the case with Nintendo though. Sakurai apparently dislikes the Smash Brothers games to be played on a pro tournament level. It wasn't his vision. He specifically watered down Brawl on purpose to try to keep Brawl from being a better Melee. I know he remembers the severe backlash he got for ruining Brawl and for almost blocking Melee being streamed last year at Evo. I'm just afraid that Sakurai will purposely sabotage Smash 4 to deter the more competitive scene because he's obsessed with Smash Bros. being a mindless party game(Which admittingly was first how I got into Smash.)
Well for the streaming thing, Nintendo seems to be more lenient on that kind of stuff now, which is a good thing at least. And Sakurai did remove tripping this time, so maybe not all hope is lost. I don't think he's going to be in full support of the competitive scene himself, but it seems like he won't go into the more casual level that Brawl had. And again, Nintendo as a whole seems a little more understanding of all this streaming stuff. I mean, they are pretty supportive of competitive Pokemon battles if I remember correctly, even hosting tournaments and junk. Maybe that'll rub off on Smash one day.

I have a feeling that Smash 4 is definitely going to be a mix of Melee and Brawl in how the game flows.

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
Well for the streaming thing, Nintendo seems to be more lenient on that kind of stuff now, which is a good thing at least. And Sakurai did remove tripping this time, so maybe not all hope is lost. I don't think he's going to be in full support of the competitive scene himself, but it seems like he won't go into the more casual level that Brawl had. And again, Nintendo as a whole seems a little more understanding of all this streaming stuff. I mean, they are pretty supportive of competitive Pokemon battles if I remember correctly, even hosting tournaments and junk. Maybe that'll rub off on Smash one day.

I have a feeling that Smash 4 is definitely going to be a mix of Melee and Brawl in how the game flows.
I sure hope so. The game looks alright. But so did Brawl. We can't be sure until we get our hands on it. But by then it might be too late.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Suprised Nintendo released these videos without a Nintendo Direct. Maybe they didn't have enough other stuff to show in a Nintendo Direct?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Suprised Nintendo released these videos without a Nintendo Direct. Maybe they didn't have enough other stuff to show in a Nintendo Direct?
Hmm. Maybe that means a Smash Bros newcomer and reveal trailer could be shown without a direct...

If they want people to watch the direct, though, then there's no real reason to show major Smash Bros updates outside of one.

----

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Though Andross's appearance could lead to a character reveal. Maybe.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm still certain that we'll get a reveal this month, be it tomorrow to end the week nicely, or on the 31st to end the month with a pleasing bang.

At this point I can't see two reveals happening in this month, unfortunately. They'd just seem way too close. Not saying it's impossible, but it's extremely unlikely.

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
Falco is like my main in Brawl. It'd be a shame if he's not back in Smash 4.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
On another note;

I wish Little Mac could do this kind of fighting. Of course, his poor jumping screws with that, but that's one damn good way to box.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
...Green Ranger. :p Joking aside, Bandai could make Power Rangers references if they wanted to or had a chance to. I mean, Sakurai's criteria is that they had to originate in something other than a Manga/Anime. Hmmmmmmm...

Try embedding it. There's a tool available that has two boxes connected to each other.
I see, thanks :0

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
The only other 3rd party character I'd be absolutely stoked for is Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Captain Falcon already has somewhat of a Power Ranger vibe going on. Well, Karmen Rider to be percise, but still pretty close. Also you could easily make a Sentai reference with the Pikmin.

Or the new wire frame/alloy/polygons could be a Power ranger/Sentai team. I'd actually be pretty down with that. The alloys are already halfway there.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Captain Falcon already has somewhat of a Power Ranger vibe going on. Well, Karmen Rider to be percise, but still pretty close. Also you could easily make a Sentai reference with the Pikmin.

Or the new wire frame/alloy/polygons could be a Power ranger/Sentai team. I'd actually be pretty down with that. The alloys are already halfway there.
Actually, that's because Falcon was based around Japanese Superheroes. His actual moves, Falcon Punch and Falcon Kick have similarities to the Rider Punch and Rider Kick. He's even got his own vehicle, which is why him being given that moveset makes sense. He's not that similar to Super Sentai, though.

I honestly would say that Fox, Falco, and Wolf seems to embody the Power Rangers style far more. The laser pistols, combined with fight styles based upon the animals. It doesn't help a lot of the PR weapons can already be found as items. Well, till they started going into odd crap like Shovel Claws and such like in Operation Overdrive. Never mind the various colored costumes match up well. Pikmin aren't nearly that similar, beyond "a mentor leading them" concept, but Olimar fights as well. It only really applies to extremely specific PR shows. In general, the mentor did not fight. Unless they started off as a Ranger in the first place(Red Space Ranger, for instance).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom