• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
(last time I fuel alternate costumes for Sonic, I swear)

The only other game that has alternate costumes for Sonic should alt costumes be a thing for Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS is Sonic Rivals 2. If you thought the costumes for Sonic Adventure 2 were... different... Sonic Rivals 2 had some really odd choices too, like the 80s Suit for Shadow (no really) amongst others. There's a bit too many to list directly here without going into Spam Zone Act 1, so here's just a link to all the alt costume for all the characters from Sonic Rivals 2.

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_Rivals_2_outfits

But I WILL directly share the cheetah suit.... it's just so cheesy... Cheetoh's levels of cheesy. You are now hungry for Cheetoh's.

Sonic’s_Cheetah_Suit.png

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
I'm new here but what's the general consensus on Little Mac? Sakurai shows that's a pretty competent character on the ground. But he's vulnerable in the air. Is that too much of a fatal flaw of his to make him easy prey to more aerial characters like Kirby/Jigglypuff?

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I'm new here but what's the general consensus on Little Mac? Sakurai shows that's a pretty competent character on the ground. But he's vulnerable in the air. Is that too much of a fatal flaw of his to make him easy prey to more aerial characters like Kirby/Jigglypuff?
First off, welcome to the boards. Nice Bedman.

It's likely going to be his bad matchup. As Mac is a ground fighter, characters that can keep him in the air or take away his ground options will be his downfall. It's not too heavy of a flaw as his moves will likely have some limited anti-air element to partially counter said characters. But in addition, there's likely to still be a generally heavy weakness.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Welcome to the site, for one.

Second, you're better off probably discussing specific things here - http://smashboards.com/forums/little-mac.460/

The general consensus looks grim, but a few of us believe there will be ways to take advantage of ground control vs aerial based characters. Obviously Mac will likely have trouble getting juggled and recovering, but to what extent aside from what's been implied, we don't know.

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
First off, welcome to the boards. Nice Bedman.

It's likely going to be his bad matchup. As Mac is a ground fighter, characters that can keep him in the air or take away his ground options will be his downfall. It's not too heavy of a flaw as his moves will likely have some limited anti-air element to partially counter said characters. But in addition, there's likely to still be a generally heavy weakness.
Thanks dude! And yeah, I plan to main(Attempt to) Bedman when Xrd gets released.

But I agree. He should have 1 or 2 good emergency moves to get out of tight spots in the air. I was thinking that if his Up Special allowed him to aim downwards, it'd be a great tool for escaping heavy aerial onslaughts and getting back on the ground.

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
Welcome to the site, for one.

Second, you're better off probably discussing specific things here - http://smashboards.com/forums/little-mac.460/

The general consensus looks grim, but a few of us believe there will be ways to take advantage of ground control vs aerial based characters. Obviously Mac will likely have trouble getting juggled and recovering, but to what extent aside from what's been implied, we don't know.

Cool, I'll check that thread out.

But hey... Is it me or does it seem like Sakurai is buffing characters left and right in this game instead of nerfing some of them?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Welcome to Smashboards!

As far as Little Mac, you might want to stay on the ground as much as possible, otherwise you'd be a can of corn for aerial boys like Yoshi, Sonic, Kirby, or pretty much any other character with good aerial attacks. Bowser, Donks, or even King DeDeDe would be easier because they're always staying in the ground. Just remember, strike first, strike fast, and strike hard!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
About Little Mac, I have a feeling that he'll be pretty easy to gimp, but it'll be a challenge to get Mac to that point with his ground game.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
I think if you learn how to abuse Mac's Super Armor moves, you might be able to combat his air weakness, especially if he has an aeiral Super Armor move.

Also you guys are too kind, thanks! I feel welcomed! :D

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Anyone else looking forward to that "dark and edgy" Sonic the Hedgehog movie?
After that Space Jam 2 hoax, I'm actually not sure if that's actually going to be a real thing.... I'll believe it when official sources/official images/teaser and so on and so forth start getting released. Everyone from small time sites to IGN and other big names were reporting Space Jam 2... and it turned out to be a hoax... got me all excited for it and everything.

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
I honestly don want to jump to conclusions but... I'll give this Sonic movie a chance.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Lots of video game movies get stuck in development hell.
I'd pull a list but it'd be wayy too long. Agreed.
Well... the rumor says the movie will be aimed towards older Sonic fans..
I want some cursing.in the movie.
Go play Shadow The Hedgehog. Surprised this thing doesn't say "April 1st".
You are not.

However not so coincidentally I stopped following/playing the games save for the Rush subseries after that.
The Rush series was good, and Shadow the Hedgehog was fun ignoring the cussing every 5 seconds. I didn't play Generations and I'm working on 06.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You are not.

However not so coincidentally I stopped following/playing the games save for the Rush subseries after that.
Well I'm not all that big of a Sonic fan. Most of the games end up boring me actually. Shadow the Hedgehog was the only that was able to keep my interest, albeit of the Sonic games I've actually played.

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
I liked playing Shadow The Hedgehog. But I just wish the bullets in that game weren't as big as coconuts. The music was cool. The Black Comet and GUN Fortress were some of my favorite tracks.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord

The Rush series was good, and Shadow the Hedgehog was fun ignoring the cussing every 5 seconds. I didn't play Generations and I'm working on 06.
Yeah, all that goddamn cussing really ruined that damn game. DAMN.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Psssshhhh Shadow the Hedgehog was nothing when it came to constant cussing.

Play Gears of War and then tell me about how bad the cussing in Shadow the Hedgehog was. GoW got to the point where I decided to use the strong language censor, although that was more due to the fact that the game was rather loud and my parents didn't want to listen to all the cussing coming from the games xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom