• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Talking about metal makes me want to ask, am I the only one who hates System of a Down because of how god awful the lead singer is?

Also we need more lyrical songs in Smash, not just instrumentals, akin to songs like in MGR:Revengeance.
Not trying to start an argument here, but I think lyrics arent exactly the best thing for a game. Id rather instrumentals any day

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I feel you on the "crunchy" bit. It's why I mostly listen to metal and its subgenres. However, I can get down with stuff like this. I was practically raised on a steady diet of polka, bluegrass, blues, country, and golden oldies. I respect my roots.

Early Nickelback was solid, especially this track off of the aforementioned The State, Leader of Men. Great example of a sorta newage ballad. It's just a damn shame that they couldn't keep this kind of, I dunno, this sort of "edge" with their future works.

Edit: I actually like Serj Tankian and SOAD a lot, but I can kinda see where people are coming from when they say he's not a great vocalist. Still, I'd take him over their back-up singer any day.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Talking about metal makes me want to ask, am I the only one who hates System of a Down because of how god awful the lead singer is?

Also we need more lyrical songs in Smash, not just instrumentals, akin to songs like in MGR:Revengeance.
I enjoy both SOAD and Serj Tankian's solo project. Not as an ardent fan, but I certainly find the stuff agreeable. His voice is distinctive enough to be an acquired taste, I'll give you that. But I never had much of an issue with it. Part of the charm, you might say.

Lyrical themes in Smash could be interesting, though that's not the way Nintendo games tend to groove (as opposed to Metal Gear and Sonic ;)). I hardly ever listen to music for the lyrics, however, so instrumentals are perfectly acceptable.

I feel you on the "crunchy" bit. It's why I mostly listen to metal and its subgenres. However, I can get down with stuff like this. I was practically raised on a steady diet of polka, bluegrass, blues, country, and golden oldies. I respect my roots.

Early Nickelback was solid, especially this track off of the aforementioned The State, Leader of Men. Great example of a sorta newage ballad. It's just a damn shame that they couldn't keep this kind of, I dunno, this sort of "edge" with their future works.

Edit: I actually like Serj Tankian and SOAD a lot, but I can kinda see where people are coming from when they say he's not a great vocalist.

Smooth Criminal
I prefer metal for its inherent tendency toward complexity and layered soundscapes. Gives me something to latch on to. Its also very diverse with tons of subgenres and overlapping, so I could pretty much stay in my metal/rock bubble and never feel the need to leave.

It's not that I actively dislike other genres -- the sample you've provided is fine enough -- it's simply that they don't do much for me as an auditory experience.

That Nickelback track is pretty good. It reminds me of the Soundgarden/Pearl Jam/etc. brand of Rock, which is a style I can certainly dig.

Last edited:

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Lyrical themes in Smash could be interesting, though that's not the way Nintendo games tend to groove (as opposed to Metal Gear and Sonic ;)). I hardly ever listen to music for the lyrics, however, so instrumentals are perfectly acceptable.
Idgaf about the lyrics specifically, but mixed with the music, lyrics can make a song feel really epic.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really liked SOAD in high school

There last CD came out my junior year, 2004...

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I didn't like Serj's other solo album. Elect the Dead was great, though.

AND HOW COULD I FORGET SERART, OMG. Listen to that album as soon as you can! It's a greaaaat collab between Serj and Art what's-his-name. They basically took a bunch of Armenian and Fertile Crescent folk music and remixed it, and it sounds awesome.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Idgaf about the lyrics specifically, but mixed with the music, lyrics can make a song feel really epic.
Especially if the lyrics are in Latin. :troll:

I didn't like Serj's other solo album. Elect the Dead was great, though.

Smooth Criminal
I've listened to Harakiri and rather liked it. I'm not too familiar with Elect the Dead save for the Empty Walls single (which was also good).

He's also apparently been going wild with different genres, doing orchestral and jazz albums (which I haven't listened to). Guy's keeping himself busy, it seems.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
I got bored and came up wit ha list of alt costumes for the confirmed characters + the ones from Brawl that I could think of. Enjoy.
Mario: Dr. Mario, Tanooki Suit, Jumpman, Sunshine outfit, Smash 64 polygon model
Luigi: Dr. Luigi, Mr. L, Smash 64 polygon model
Peach: Daisy, Pauline, Princess Toadstool
Bowser: Dry Bowser, Cat Suit Bowser, King Koopa (Super Mario Bros Super Show)
Rosalina: Mario Kart jumpsuit

Donkey Kong: Original NES DK, Chunky Kong, Smash 64 polygon model
Diddy Kong: DK Jr., Dixie Kong

Pikachu: Raichu, Dedenne, Pachirisu, Smash 64 polygon model
Lucario: Zoroark
Pokemon Trainer: Johto Male, Hoenn Male, Sinoh Male, Unova Male 1, Unova male 2, Kalos male default
Jigglypuff: Wigglytuff, Igglybuff (enlarged), Smash 64 polygon model

Link: Skyward Sword outfit, ALttP outfit, OoT Adult Link, Smash 64 polygon model
Zelda: OoT Zelda/Sheik, Skyward Sword Zelda (white dress)/Impa
Ganondorf: OoT Ganondorf (small cape), Oracle of Ages/Seasons Ganondorf, Wind Waker robes
Toon Link: Train Conductor, Lobster Pajamas, Minish Cap/Ezlo

Samus
: Varia Suit (Prime), Dark Suit, Light Suit, Fusion Suit, PED Suit, Power Suit (Prime), Smash 64 polygon model
ZSS: Metroid 1 unitard, Super Metroid underwear/boot combo, Zero Mission Orange clothing, Fusion Blue clothing, Metroid 2 underwear/tanktop combo, Smash 64 polygon-like model

Fox: Star Fox Adventures outfit, Assault outfit, James McCloud, Smash 64 polygon model
Falco: Star Fox Assault outfit

Marth: Roy, Eliwood, Selif, Leif
Ike: Hector, Black Knight, Ephraim

Captain Falcon: Blood Falcon, Captain Rainbow, Smash 64 polygon model

Kirby: Yarn Kirby, Smash 64 polygon model
Meta Knight: Unmasked

Olimar: Louie, Alph
Yoshi: Baby Mario on back, Baby Luigi on back, Smash 64 polygon model
Ness: Ninten, Smash 64 polygon model
Wario: Overalls

Snake: Liquid Snake, Iriquois Pliskin, Old Snake, Naked Snake
Sonic: Shadow, Silver, Jett the Hawk
Megaman: X, Volnutt, .EXE

Villager: Female Villager
WFT: Male WFT
Little Mac: Topless

Some from a few I'd like to be in:
Mask Link(Default): OoT Deku Shield, MM 64 Polygon model, Oracle of Ages/Seasons Link
Mask Link(Deku): OoT Regular Deku, MM 64 Polygon model, Oracle of Ages/Seasons Deku
Mask Link(Goron): OoT Regular Goron, MM 64 Polygon model, Oracle of Ages/Seasons Goron
Mask Link(Zora): OoT Regular Zora, MM 64 Polygon model, Oracle of Ages/Seasons Zora

NiGHTS: Reala
Bowser Jr.: Kid Koopa, Koopa Troopa, Kamek, any of the 7 Koopalings
Issac: Garret, Felix
Krystal: Assault outfit, Command outfit
Shulk: Dickson, Dunban

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Yall guys are talking about music and my post to try and get into the discussion is ignored.

Oh well. Guess I have to relieve my boredom in another way.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Yall guys are talking about music and my post to try and get into the discussion is ignored.

Oh well. Guess I have to relieve my boredom in another way.
You're not generally a fan of music, but you do broadly enjoy Video Game Music.

There isn't much one can say before such a statement, alas. Save that I too enjoy VGM.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
What about the sentence after that one.
Haven't played Last Story -- and apparently everyone else here tonight hasn't either, or they otherwise would have commented.

I did listen to the track you provided. It was interesting enough. Though the fact that I didn't have much to say beyond that is why I didn't bother to comment on it.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
HOW ABOUT THIS

Smooth Criminal
Eh, it's ok.

I kind prefer this though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3f_FM9qIA4 or better yet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_3QckQU3nw.

Haven't played Last Story -- and apparently everyone else here tonight hasn't either, or they otherwise would have commented.

I did listen to the track you provided. It was interesting enough. Though the fact that I didn't have much to say beyond that is why I didn't bother to comment on it.
You should really play that games. Tis awesome. One of the best games on the Wii for sure.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So I was looking at my profile, and realize I missed my 3,000th post celebration. So I guess I need to do something to make up for it....
Ummmm.......

MEGA BIDOOF'S 3011'TH POST EXTRAVAGANZA!

First off, I'd like to thanks to @Mega Dunsparce, for being my best friend who has always been by my side!

Also, I want to thank @APC99, @KingShadow, @TORNADO BUS DRIVER, @ SuperBrawler SuperBrawler , @Louie G., and @Keybladeguy for sticking with Affinity since it began! You guys always had and always will have faith in this game. Knowing that people are putting time and effort into an idea I had makes me very happy!

I'd also like to thank "The Gang," for having so many fun times with me!
Thanks @DarkStarStorm @DarkToonLink @link and ike lover @LinkmasterX9 @lonekonwolf @LumaOkami @PrincessZelda19 @ShadowGanon @SuperNova! @WhiteLightnin @Zero2570

And finally, I'd like to thank the rest of my friends on Smashboards, who have made it a really fun experience to come on here every day!
I'd type all your names out, but I am simply too lazy!

So here, feel free to have some cake and enjoy the music!

image.jpg

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I really wish Dark Souls had a pause button. As I often get distracted from playing games by getting asked to do stuff and I have to turn the game completely off, and risk the chance of losing data, so as to not risk anything happening to me while I'm away from the game. It seriously needs a pause button. .-.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, I finally beat MM3, and now I'm on my way to MM4.
I have 1/2 of the Robot Masters defeated. And I'm so happy I have the Charge Shot again.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I finally beat Radiant Dawn. It was a good (and quite hard) game overall, and it did take me a while to beat it. The story... isn't as good as Path of Radiance, but I'm willing to forgive it because of the glorious cutscenes and battle animations. I really look forward for a Fire Emblem Wii U game (featuring Ike again, hopefully.)

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Not trying to start an argument here, but I think lyrics arent exactly the best thing for a game. Id rather instrumentals any day
somebody hasn't played revengeance :rolleyes:

Having songs that kick in lyrics at the fight's crescendo would be the hypest ****, i could just imagine how pumped it could get people if used right.

Can't wait for A Hat in Time.
Is that coming to the Wii U? I seem to remember hearing something about that. (doesn't seem likely though.

I finally beat Radiant Dawn. It was a good (and quite hard) game overall, and it did take me a while to beat it. The story... isn't as good as Path of Radiance, but I'm willing to forgive it because of the glorious cutscenes and battle animations. I really look forward for a Fire Emblem Wii U game (featuring Ike again, hopefully.)
I could never find copies of the wii/gcn fire emblems. Have you gotten to play some of the portable ones yet?

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ah yes Radian Dawn.

The FE games that hates me. It is the only FE where I have missed a 99% chance to hit and the only one where an enemy with 1% chance to hit actually hit me. >___________________>

I hate the RNG.

Other then that. It's my fave FE in terms of gameplay, that will probably change if I ever get to play FE7. But PoR takes best story easily. RD was just whack in the story department, still better then Awakening though.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yeah, RD's story is difficult to make sense of without playing PoR. That's one of my gripes, along with Ike's redesign.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Yeah, RD's story is difficult to make sense of without playing PoR. That's one of my gripes, along with Ike's redesign.
I wouldn't say all that hard to grasp. It did a pretty good job of explaining the important details from PoR anyway.

My problem is all the stupid crap they pulled and how it was all over the place.

Blood Pact was a awful plot device. Senators b\having been the major bad guys the whole entire time, even for certain plot things from PoR. Crimean chapters feeling useless overall. Among other things)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL they had one of those stupid facebook things where it says "The color of your shirt plus the thing to your right is your ___ name"

and my shirt is blue and I have the dog's ball directly to my right

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey someone from Africa is going to give me $2.5 million If I give them my bank information to prove to a foreign bank they have and oversees partner willing to help them invest!

Sounds totally legit

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Is that coming to the Wii U? I seem to remember hearing something about that. (doesn't seem likely though.
It's actually really likely. Especially since the director said he had "good Nintendo related news" that he couldn't talk about yet.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So after hundreds of attempt, I finally beat boss battle in brawl on intense (this so hard and INTENSE) but what's funny is that I hate Galleon and one time I wanted to quit because I got ko'ed by him, the game crashed that was so funny (to crash on the boss I hate the most is troll).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This episode of Overdrive has the mighty morphing black ranger, the ninja blue ranger, the SPD green ranger (Now in red), the Mystic Green ranger and the dino thunder yellow ranger

It only reminds me how much better their themes are than overdrive and how hotter tori and kira were than the last 2 power ranger series girls

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
This episode of Overdrive has the mighty morphing black ranger, the ninja blue ranger, the SPD green ranger (Now in red), the Mystic Green ranger and the dino thunder yellow ranger

It only reminds me how much better their themes are than overdrive and how hotter tori and kira were than the last 2 power ranger series girls
Trini 4lyf

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well, anyone HYPED for this Week? So much stuff could and couldn't happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom