• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
So I noticed that the background characters have swapped sides. Good, now my post won't block most of it.

On another note, I notice that, aside from the Smash original stages, Kirby has had the best track record for neutral stages, I think.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'd argue Yoshi is slightly better in that regard.
Ah, true, that could be the case.

What about Yoshi's stage in Smash 64, though? I don't know where that falls. Yoshi's Island in Melee, too.

EDIT: Yoshi's Island (64) isn't listed as competitively legal, though Hyrule Castle, Dream Land, Congo Jungle, and (counter-pick) Peach's Castle are. Can anyone confirm this, as I might be using outdated sources?

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Outdated or not, they're right. 64 was way too big/campy. But I consider having 2 actual neutrals better than having 2 neutrals (3 if you count the same stage returning) and a counterpick. I consider the Super Mario World Yoshi's Island a Mario stage despite the name.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I hope every character has a fitting home stage. I've come to accept that I won't get the roster size I want, but goddamn Sakurai please give me a good amount of stages.

So far the stages have been pretty great.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Yeah, i was always under the assumption that yoshi's stages have usually been legal because Sakurai has kept the stages basic on purpose.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Aaaannnnddd in other news, AC:Unity is NOT coming to the Wii U apparently. :(

I really got exited for the setting too.
Maybe that means the game will end up being good then?

Considerings that both AC3 and 4 are both meh titles in the AC games and both were put onto Wii-U as well. :laugh:

EDIT: Yoshi's Island (64) isn't listed as competitively legal, though Hyrule Castle, Dream Land, Congo Jungle, and (counter-pick) Peach's Castle are. Can anyone confirm this, as I might be using outdated sources?
It's outdated, if we go by Apex 2014 ruleset.

Dreamland is the only starter.

Congo Jungle and Peach's Castle are counter picks.

Yoshi's Island (64) and Yoshi's Island (Melee) are the only Yoshi stages to not be allowed in competitive play. So like half of the Yoshi stages.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Maybe that means the game will end up being good then?

Considerings that both AC3 and 4 are both meh titles in the AC games and both were put onto Wii-U as well. :laugh:
Nice. I see what you did there. :D

I wouldn't be as upset if it wasn't during the French Revolution, one of my picks for an Assassin's Creed game. :(

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I forgot to say that I went to the theaters and watched Non-Stop today.

It was a pretty solid movie. The beginning is a bit boring but it doesn't take too long to start picking up. All in all, I rather liked it.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Off-topic, but Twitch Plays Pokemon has just started Emerald a few minutes ago.

I'll make sure they choose the proper starter...

#Team Treecko.

Edit:
I might want to watch that. Got a link?
http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

People are still indecisive over the player name, so the game has been restarted a few times.

-----

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Hey guys, I'm looking for the Brawl personality chart for people who play certain characters. It might be too offensive to post here so if you could send it to me in PM if you want. I think I found it on the Smash Bros. Reddit but it probably got taken down because I can't find it again. Thanks!

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I'm looking for the Brawl personality chart for people who play certain characters. It might be too offensive to post here so if you could send it to me in PM if you want. I think I found it on the Smash Bros. Reddit but it probably got taken down because I can't find it. Thanks!
There's a personality chart? :O

I'm now interested in this.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Mercury Ranger totally should count as an orange ranger

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
My perfect wishlist roster:

I hope at least the layout is like this, with the four player selections appearing in the four angles of the screen.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
YOU SENT LUCAHJIN SARDINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But yes, I agree. Goku and Naruto aren't happening. Even Shadow the Hedgehog has a higher chance than both of them combined. Goku and Naruto originated from a comic strip, not a game.
B-B-B-BUT.... They've HAD Video games on Nintendo systems lol Miiverse.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Manga and anime characters in Smash aren't gonna happen. This has been known since pre-Brawl.

There are actually many viable reasons for such. First, because Sakurai explicitly stated that third party characters must originate on a video game and have appeared on a Nintendo console. Manga and anime characters are all excluded thanks to the first condition.

Next, having manga and anime characters would be a licensing nightmare to have the game released outside of Japan. Sakurai is likely aware of this too.

Anyone who knows this knows the chance of manga/anime characters in Smash is 0%.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Manga and anime characters in Smash aren't gonna happen. This has been known since pre-Brawl.

There are actually many viable reasons for such. First, because Sakurai explicitly stated that third party characters must originate on a video game and have appeared on a Nintendo console. Manga and anime characters are all excluded thanks to the first condition.

Next, having manga and anime characters would be a licensing nightmare to have the game released outside of Japan. Sakurai is likely aware of this too.

Anyone who knows this knows the chance of manga/anime characters in Smash is 0%.
But you're missing the most important fact!
...I want them. And my obvious opinions obviously equal fact in an obvious manner. Obviously.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I remember arguing with some guy back during my time at the PSASBR forums. We had problems with a fool that kept asking for Goku and Ichigo. His argument was that Goku is a video game character because he had video game appearances.

Speaking of Anime crossovers.....CUSTOM BGM FOR DA WIN!

Last edited:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
there are a few but i remember one guy who said he was like the creator of them so sakurai should do it then there was one named Mario i think who use to spam it every day.
Ah yes, Mario.
I especially loved how he tried to disprove they're fourth party so darn much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom