• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'm still waiting for someone to bring me my firewood!!!
Just go make a wooden puppet, make a deal with a blue fairy, have the puppet tell a lie, let it's nose grow, break some wood off and repeat from step 3 and onwards until you have enough.

Infinite Firewood. Foolproof plan.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Nice Avatar Choice. Usually finding a good avi for WFT is rather... ahem, troubling.
Damn Internet and ruining everything. Though cosplays usually are ok.
..."Ruining?"
I certainly wouldn't have been ok with Miss Fit without the internet's help.
Ahem, not much of a topic going on right now... So I played Ground Zeroes, I really enjoyed it as well, was my first jump into the MGS series too.
Makes me wish Snake would hurry up and get revealed already. He sure knows how to keep someone waiting, huh?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm just bored... Looking forward to my first day at work tomorrow.

I know after a week or two I will be dreading work but for now I'll remain excited.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Looking into stuff about AC3.

I'm glad it isn't just me. So far I have been disappointed with the game, and I haven't even gotten to playing as Conner yet. And this is simply because of how the controls have changed, I still haven't gotten counter attacking down yet in this game whereas in the Ezio trilogy I had it down after like 5 minuets, and how it hasn't really felt "stealthy" since the opera.

And, apparently, the game is full of holes story wise, not that big of an issue for me, and is riddled with glitched (which is rather funny since it was developed for like 3 years), and is cluttered. Good grief I wished I looked into this game before getting it.

Is AC4 just as bad?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
SuperBrawler is pro-Wario.
I am totally Pro-Wario too!

EDIT: New topic: Even if Smash 4 is great (By great I mean better than Brawl) will Melee players still dislike it for just being Not Melee? Discuss.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
@ SuperBrawler SuperBrawler
Since it's getting late where I'm at (and I don't plan on staying up for the pic), I'll just go with Stunfisk.
Loser has to keep the avatar for at least one week.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Black Flag is glitchy, yes. It's pretty weak in the story department, too. Exploration is probably its strongest suit. So, all in all, you're not really missing out on anything.

I am currently playing the overpriced demo that is MGSV: Ground Zeroes. If this is the direction that the franchise is heading in, then I am EXTREMELY pleased. It's beautiful. I can't even begin to describe how gorgeous this game is in 1080p. Models are rendered beautifully, the rain-slicked environs actually look it, and just...guh. Amazing.

The gameplay is tight as hell, probably the best in the franchise yet. Even with a slightly counterintuitive control scheme (it's Metal Gear, what did you expect?), everything associated with handling Big Boss is sooooo smooth and responsive. I'm bobbing, I'm weaving, and I'm hopping over obstacles like a pro, with little complications arising. Being sneaky is also a helluva lot more immersive. No Soliton radar here, folks. You better scout that **** in advance with the new tagging system and keep track, otherwise you will get caught. They added a few other wrinkles too, like Reflex mode, which can potentially get you outta trouble...or into more, if you **** up.

My only real gripes so far are derpy enemy AI and the wooden voice acting, both elements which are commonplace in the series so it's not deal breaking. Nevertheless, I'm loving this little sample of goodness, even if I wasted thirty bucks.

Smooth Criminal

Zynux

Smash Lord
..."Ruining?"
I certainly wouldn't have been ok with Miss Fit without the internet's help.

On the topic video games, playing some DK Freeze.

Art style and level architecture seems to be improved.

The vikings are a vast improvement over the Tikis. I can't begin to describe how bad the Tikis were.

Music is definitely a step up, though still slightly disappointed. I guess I expected too much after playing DKC 2 for the first time in this past year with its amazing soundtrack.

Dixie master race. Diddy and Cranky seem, for the most part, useless 95% of the time.

Only Rambi? Really? After the backlash you received before for having only 1 animal buddy? You added in water levels but didn't even bother with Enguarde, who arguable is as popular as Rambi? Wow.

And why haven't they ditched the rocket barrels levels yet. Continuously tapping the A button isn't very exciting.

Good game but they played reeeeaally safe with this one. That, and it feels easier overall. Only got to the third world though (and only six worlds? What's up with that?) Hoping the next DK game is a slightly different format to be honest.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Black Flag is glitchy, yes. It's pretty weak in the story department, too. Exploration is probably its strongest suit. So, all in all, you're not really missing out on anything.

I am currently playing the overpriced demo that is MGSV: Ground Zeroes. If this is the direction that the franchise is heading in, then I am EXTREMELY pleased. It's beautiful. I can't even begin to describe how gorgeous this game is in 1080p. Models are rendered beautifully, the rain-slicked environs actually look it, and just...guh. Amazing.

The gameplay is tight as hell, probably the best in the franchise yet. Even with a slightly counterintuitive control scheme (it's Metal Gear, what did you expect?), everything associated with handling Big Boss is sooooo smooth and responsive. I'm bobbing, I'm weaving, and I'm hopping over obstacles like a pro, with little complications arising. Being sneaky is also a helluva lot more immersive. No Soliton radar here, folks. You better scout that **** in advance with the new tagging system and keep track, otherwise you will get caught. They added a few other wrinkles too, like Reflex mode, which can potentially get you outta trouble...or into more, if you **** up.

My only real gripes so far are derpy enemy AI and the wooden voice acting, both elements which are commonplace in the series so it's not deal breaking. Nevertheless, I'm loving this little sample of goodness, even if I wasted thirty bucks.

Smooth Criminal
30 dollars for a demo man? Better be the best damn demo in the history of demos for that kinda dough. >.>

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
As a big MGS fan, it's worth it. This franchise means a lot to me. I'm probably going to put a lot time into it by virtue of that fact alone.

As a run of the mill gamer, however, I don't think it is. I'mma keep it real. I'm sure as hell not going to sit here and defend Konami/Kojima for this blatant cash-grab.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You ever played a good game against someone and just dominate, then after the match yell out some battle cry, or something?

Just happened to me. I dominated on BO-II with 48 kills in one life. Man, that pumped me up unintentionally. My neighbor called me and told me I sounded like a gorilla on steroids. Lol

Okay, story time over. Continue your destruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom