• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
If he's sealed in the Sacred Realm, where is he going to find to food to eat? Ganondorf's not fat in Wind Waker, it's the robes. I found this picture a while back, but it shows that Ganondorf has the same build as those of the bigger pirates in that game. Wind Waker used top heavy designs for its male characters.

The tumblr post I got this from also mentions that there IS a difference between stocky and fat.

Oh, and to make you guys feel uncomfortable before I head out:
Dude.... :scared:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Oh, I'd be ecstatic if that happened. Easily the best Ganondorf fight in the series and made Ganondorf a more complex character. Then there's the twin swords man.

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
Ganondorf looks amaze in wind waker

I'm probably the only person that wouldn't complain if we got a toon ganon
I'd be ok with toon ganon, I loved WW. It's one of my favorite games.

But, if ganon does come back, it would probably be TP ganon.

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
He's dead in TP. In WW, he's turned to stone, so... unless FSA unleashed him from stone... and I have to check the timeline anyway. Yeah, everybody knows these spoilers, probably. But still, courtesy![/spoler]

Time to go to work!
FSA and TP are in the same timeline, and he was reincarnated in FSA.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
What's with the Titan images here?

Some Titans look kinda silly. lol

Others look a bit disturbing, though.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I came here to laugh at everyone expecting Yoshi for this past update and all of us telling them not to get their hopes up being right.

But all I see is titan talk. I am not disappointed.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Huh. Could be a long time then. Also, with Kojima's interview... I'd say this is a perfect time to reveal Snake(this month) or a replacement for him specifically(Big Boss as noted by Kuma, a Belmont... or some other Konami character).
There is always Mario Kart 8 and possibly Yarn Yoshi (if it comes out before the Japan release date), but yeah summer does seem a ways off. That being said E3 is steadily approaching!

And I would very much prefer a Simon Belmon as a Konami 3rd party to Snake/Big Boss, but we'll see.
Oh, and to make you guys feel uncomfortable before I head out:
Where did you find live footage of Miiverse raging at Sakurai for the lack of Yoshi?

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
When you watch the anime itself, you won't think them funny.

Especially when characters start to die like insects in bloody deaths.
I've watched the anime and read a bit further in the manga and still think a lot of them are funny looking.
They're terrifying and bloodthirsty, but funny nonetheless.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I dunno.
I'm a very cynical guy.
Go watch the anime.

The memes make them look funny because the gifs take out a lot of the atmosphere the anime gives. They lack the characters' despair and the excellently done soundtrack. In short, they take them out of context and make them seem like a joke.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
If he's sealed in the Sacred Realm, where is he going to find to food to eat? Ganondorf's not fat in Wind Waker, it's the robes. I found this picture a while back, but it shows that Ganondorf has the same build as those of the bigger pirates in that game. Wind Waker used top heavy designs for its male characters.

The tumblr post I got this from also mentions that there IS a difference between stocky and fat.
Am I the only one who would love to see replaced the actual Ganondorf for this one?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Go watch the anime.

The memes make them look funny because the gifs take out a lot of the atmosphere the anime gives. They lack the characters' despair and the excellently done soundtrack. In short, they take them out of context and make them seem like a joke.
But isn't the the whole point of memes?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
But isn't the the whole point of memes?
I suppose so, but they do give the anime a different image that the one that is actually given.

In fact, when you see the sillier looking Titans devouring people alive, it kinda gets unsettling given the opposition between the silliness of their appearance and the gory death of being eaten alive.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I suppose so, but they do give the anime a different image that the one that is actually given.
What? that it can be insanely weird at times?
Isn't that the reason people watch it in the first place? Or is that just me?

In fact, when you see the sillier looking Titans devouring people alive, it kinda gets unsettling given the opposition between the silliness of their appearance and the gory death of being eaten alive.
Well it depends.
"Unsettling" is a vague term.
Heck, maybe for some of us, we can't get past the whole "silly looking" part.
Everything else just looks too over the top.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Aw, the wittle babies are crying about the lack of Yoshi and don't give a **** about a stage based on a popular 3DS game. This is why I ****ing hate spoiled brats like the Miiversians.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
What? that it can be insanely weird at times?
Isn't that the reason people watch it in the first place? Or is that just me?

Well it depends.
"Unsettling" is a vague term.
Heck, maybe for some of us, we can't get past the whole "silly looking" part.
Everything else just looks too over the top.
Like I said, watch the anime. You clearly have the wrong idea of what is the anime about. I dislike it when people don't know what they're talking about.

It's not that weird. Give it a try. It explores some themes I found interesting.

Yes, it has gory deaths, but there's more to Attack on Titan than silly looking giants eating people alive. Mainly, it's a story about survival. It's a post-apocalyptic story where humanity is on the verge of extinction. The remaining civilization is confined to walls that protect them from the Titans and give an illusion of peace. Only a few dare to venture outside of the walls to fight the Titans and, out of those few, even fewer make it back alive. THIS is what Attack on Titan is about.

Given this context, the Titans aren't that funny anymore, are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom