• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I bought Diddy Kong racing DS after the nostalgia over the 64 game the other day and it just arrived
IMO, Diddy Kong Racing DS isn't worth it.

Banjo and Conker are replaced by Dixie and Tiny, touch screen controls were added to start your vehicle for no reason, the Silver Coin challenges are different, you have to "prove" to Taj that you can handle each vehicle, which is INCREDIBLY annoying with the hovercraft challenge...

I didn't enjoy it, personally.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sticker Star had no soul.
But it had Boos! Ghosts are the same as Souls, right? :troll:

To note, I do find the game fun, but it definitely is lackluster compared to the other ones.

Ah, I didn't know the TP one reincarnated into the FSA one. Wouldn't this be the first time Ganon(dorf) reincarnated? And by that, the first time we have more than one Ganondorf much like we have more than one Zelda and Link?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
IMO, Diddy Kong Racing DS isn't worth it.

Banjo and Conker are replaced by Dixie and Tiny, touch screen controls were added to start your vehicle for no reason, the Silver Coin challenges are different, you have to "prove" to Taj that you can handle each vehicle, which is INCREDIBLY annoying with the hovercraft challenge...

I didn't enjoy it, personally.
I already noticed some of the things I don't like

I got it used though, so it wasn't too much money.

I suck at plane controls

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
While the character changes for DKR DS are expected (COPYRIGHTTT) the issue is the controls are abominable compared to the 64 version. Sure, a track editor is nice, but no control stick made the game have bad handling.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
While the character changes for DKR DS are expected (COPYRIGHTTT) the issue is the controls are abominable compared to the 64 version. Sure, a track editor is nice, but no control stick made the game have bad handling.
The game was made by Rare AND Nintendo, though, so Rare should've had a say about Banjo and Conker, especially when Microsoft doesn't have a handheld system at all, much less one that can compete with the DS.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
The game was made by Rare AND Nintendo, though, so Rare should've had a say about Banjo and Conker, especially when Microsoft doesn't have a handheld system at all, much less one that can compete with the DS.
The problem is that Microsoft will always care. The RARE (no pun intended) chances they have their characters on non-Microsoft systems it's on PC. They wouldn't dare give Nintendo the rights to a popular character for a game.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
This quote is just gold!:
"I used to honor you, Sakurai. Then you decided not to reveal Yoshi today. If Yoshi is not revealed by this upcoming Friday, I will refrain from buying this game, and tell others to do so as well."
-Miiverse kid

What kind of person honors a guy for making 3 fantastic games full of requests and then shuns them for not announcing a practically confirmed character on a specific date!?

I'd love to see the reaction of people when he tells them not to buy the game because Yoshi is in it, but wasn't revealed in March.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I used to honor you, Sakurai. Then you decided not to reveal Yoshi today. If Yoshi is not revealed by this upcoming Friday, I will refrain from buying this game, and tell others to do so as well.
-Miiverse kid

What kind of person honors a guy for making 3 fantastic games full of requests and then shuns them for not announcing a practically confirmed character on a specific date!?
The very definition of a spoiled brat. Behold.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I used to honor you, Sakurai. Then you decided not to reveal Yoshi today. If Yoshi is not revealed by this upcoming Friday, I will refrain from buying this game, and tell others to do so as well.
-Miiverse kid
Not even a sad picture of Naoto Shirogane can express my disgust of Miiverse right now. And I searched for this one and FOUND it. Wow, just wow.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
"I used to honor you, Sakurai. Then you decided not to reveal Yoshi today. If Yoshi is not revealed by this upcoming Friday, I will refrain from buying this game, and tell others to do so as well."
-Miiverse kid
I always hate it when people think they're entitled to anything.
Like Sakurai is just some genie meant to fulfill all their wishes.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I think there's also someone who seriously keeps suggesting tons of anime characters and no Nintendo characters in Smash. :facepalm:

If you want a fighting game full of anime characters, play a Jump fighting game, not Smash.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I think there's also someone who seriously keeps suggesting tons of anime characters and no Nintendo characters in Smash. :facepalm:

If you want a fighting game full of anime characters, play a Jump fighting game, not Smash.
To be fair.
There's also other Miiversians who think Sakurai is ripping off Nintendo's characters and should "use your own".

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
To be fair.
There's also other Miiversians who think Sakurai is ripping off Nintendo's characters and should "use your own".
Making original characters would triple the development process. When premade characters are used we see more of them playable, more newcomers. Again, Miiverse lacks logic b/c no Yoshi.
You must think about how ASW and Mori do their work when creating a new Blazblue character.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

Suggesting? More like begging and pestering:

"SAKURAI ADD GOKU!!!"

"SAKURAI PLEEEEEEEEEEZE ADD GOKU PLEASE!!!!"

"MR. SAKURAI YOU SHOULD ADD GOKU FROM DRAGONTESTICLES!!!!!!"

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Making original characters would triple the development process. When premade characters are used we see more of them playable, more newcomers. Again, Miiverse lacks logic b/c no Yoshi.
You must think about how ASW and Mori do their work when creating a new Blazblue character.
That's not the thing.
Some believe he's actively plagiarizing Nintendo's work and should make his own.

Now, mind you that Smash is meant to be a Nintendo crossover.
But I guess some just "conveniently" forget that...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Welp, the next demo of Super Smash Flash 2 has been delayed and won't have online ready at launch until after. Shame but I'll live. Guess I'll still practice with the most current demo while I wait.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Welp, the next demo of Super Smash Flash 2 has been delayed and won't have online ready at launch until after. Shame but I'll live. Guess I'll still practice with the most current demo while I wait.
Well, it helps me.
It'll at least give me time to see the other characters...

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
...Watch it turn into the next Duke Nukem Forever.
I'll play SSBC instead for now. Even though THAT doesn't have a release date for .9... :glare:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
...Watch it turn into the next Duke Nukem Forever.
I'll play SSBC instead for now. Even though THAT doesn't have a release date for .9... :glare:
...Join us Axle...
...Join us...
Suggesting? More like begging and pestering:

"SAKURAI ADD GOKU!!!"

"SAKURAI PLEEEEEEEEEEZE ADD GOKU PLEASE!!!!"

"MR. SAKURAI YOU SHOULD ADD GOKU FROM DRAGONTESTICLES!!!!!!"
Oh buddy. You don't know the half of it.
I've seen requests that make even Goku sound reasonable.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Oh buddy. You don't know the half of it.
I've seen requests that make even Goku sound reasonable.
Goku sounding reasonable? Sounds like the chances of Prometheus and Pandora. :troll:
tl:dr, .001%

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
The delay for SSF2 is so that the devs can make sure that Replays can handle whatever happens and avoid desyncing, as well as to make sure that Online Mode's servers can handle thousands of people all playing at once without choking, slowing down, or otherwise failing.

So I think it's worth the wait. I remember my MGN stuff since it's the same as my login here, and I preregistered, so I'll be a part of the "patches" of online activation that 0.9b will bring.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The delay for SSF2 is so that the devs can make sure that Replays can handle whatever happens and avoid desyncing, as well as to make sure that Online Mode's servers can handle thousands of people all playing at once without choking, slowing down, or otherwise failing.

So I think it's worth the wait. I remember my MGN stuff since it's the same as my login here, and I preregistered, so I'll be a part of the "patches" of online activation that 0.9b will bring.
Yup. I don't want a rushed product so let them take their time.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Goku sounding reasonable? Sounds like the chances of Prometheus and Pandora. :troll:
tl:dr, .001%
Try fan characters.

Same here.
Though I hope we can use avatars. Cause I have one in mind.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Why do people here continue to use Miiverse? That place is literally cancer.

Not counting the point 1 percent of awesome artists that only do their art and nothing more.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Why do people here continue to use Miiverse? That place is literally cancer.

Not counting the point 1 percent of awesome artists that only do their art and nothing more.
Why?
Miiverse, well, is like a train wreck.
You know it's bad, you understand it's bad, but you can't look away from it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Even if anime characters were allowed, there are better picks than Goku or Naruto.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Even if anime characters were allowed, there are better picks than Goku or Naruto.
Only problem is that Goku and Naruto WOULD BE the ones we'd get if we got animu ccarebears....actually Luffy would probably be chosen over them.
Why?
Miiverse, well, is like a train wreck.
You know it's bad, you understand it's bad, but you can't look away from it.
It's not hard to ignore it since you know most of them are stupider then a guy who said he'd forget to breathe. Yes. i will keep pushing that.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Only problem is that Goku and Naruto WOULD BE the ones we'd get if we got animu ccarebears.
The sad reality, unfortunately.

...Not really.
The guy in my avatar would like to have a word with you. Or those in my signature's gifs. (They actually would be quite unique characters, gameplay wise.)

Anyway, speaking of anime, I've been listening to the soundtracks of Attack on Titan and Blue Exorcist, both by Hiroyuki Sawano. He's currently working on the new Monolith Soft RPG. Still, I think it would be awesome if he did music for Smash 4, because his music is amazing.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't even check Miiverse. Sure, I have an account, but it's solely to check Sakurai's daily pictures.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
This. There's no reason on any person's sanity that it's worth it; even the art isn't worth it for me.

The only smart person on miiverse. Ilovethispost
The sad reality, unfortunately.
Actually...i was wrong. Luffy is more likely then both since One Piece is currently the most popular aniumango in japan right now...

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, let me put it this way.
Sure, AoT and SE may be popular, none have reached the success that DBZ or Naruto have.
Can't argue with that. I still think that there are better anime characters than Goku and Naruto.

After all, being popular =/= being good.

@ 8-peacock-8 8-peacock-8 : I heard good things about One Piece. Maybe I should try it some day.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't even check Miiverse. Sure, I have an account, but it's solely to check Sakurai's daily pictures.
Eh, I mostly use mine for the "Laugh at Miiverse posts" thread.
Can't argue with that. I still think that there are better anime characters than Goku and Naruto.

After all, being popular =/= being good.
Though I never said "good options".
I only said if we we're forced to have one, it'd be them...

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
The guy in my avatar would like to have a word with you. Or those in my signature's gifs. (They actually would be quite unique characters, gameplay wise.)

Anyway, speaking of anime, I've been listening to the soundtracks of Attack on Titan and Blue Exorcist, both by Hiroyuki Sawano. He's currently working on the new Monolith Soft RPG. Still, I think it would be awesome if he did music for Smash 4, because his music is amazing.
The AOT OST is great stuff. He's also doing Kill La Kill right now, which also has some sweet tracks. 8D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom