• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah. I read. I had to report people who constantly swore at Sakurai over this. Grow up, people. Yeah, it's lame we didn't get Yoshi, but instead a new stage is bad? Never mind Yoshi is pretty much guaranteed. The only one of the original 12 that is legitimately iffy is Jigglypuff at best, and I even doubt that.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Well, with Yoshi not being revealed, I just have to say that I have no idea who's going to be revealed this month. The only other release date of any signifigance is Battle Trozei's NA release on the 20th.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Despite not getting a veteran reveal today I still expect 2 characters this month.

Probably a Pokémon and a random character reveal.

Shroob

Sup?
Despite not getting a veteran reveal today I still expect 2 characters this month.

Probably a Pokémon and a random character reveal.
Unless we get them back to back next week... I'll be conservative and say... 1. Then a potential one before a newcomer in April.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I highly doubt the new stage is Pokémon Trainer's House. They wouldn't reveal two Pokémon stages in a row. What could it be though?

Villager's House
Luigi's New Mansion
Mii themed stage
Sakurai's House :troll:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
While i'm bummed I have to wait a bit longer to see HD Yoshi, I'm ore interested in seeing who we'll see this month. I don't really think we are getting any Pokemon characters for Trozei, I just think this whole month is a wild card.

Until next time Yoshi:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, with Yoshi not being revealed, I just have to say that I have no idea who's going to be revealed this month. The only other release date of any signifigance is Battle Trozei's NA release on the 20th.
When's the release date of Yoshi's New Island in Japan?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh, and before I forget...
Mcleodgaming said:
We regret to inform you that we had to change our plans for the release of SSF2 v0.9b. Unfortunately we will be unable to release v0.9b this month like we expected. We know you are all excited to play online mode, but this type of thing is fairly new to us so we want to make sure we get it right. We've now reached a whopping 20,000 signups for the new MGN service, so in order to properly prepare for the demand we will be taking extra measures to make sure things are solid before releasing. If it all possible we would have released this month, but we don't want to rush things and we simply need more time.

In order to get a release out as soon as possible, we have decided that we will initially release v0.9b with online mode disabled for a brief period of time. We will then start activating online accounts in "batches" some time after release to help get things running smoothly.

This means that you will be able to play the game and see online in the menu, but you will only be able to use the mode once your account has been activated by us. We are still working out how we would like to distribute account activation, so we will get back to you on that as soon as we make a final decision (Think of this like a beta!).

In the meantime, the SSF2 Dev Team will be giving you some sneak peaks at some of the new content not shown at Apex. We will be sure to announce a new target release timing by the end of the month. Sorry for the delay, and we really appreciate everyone's patience so far, thanks!
Well, that sucks.

Though, honestly, I'm not mad.
Heck, it'll give me time to use the other characters.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Miiwata's daily life.

And apparently Miiwata uses a punching bag to train for combat. The Miis are preparing!

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Miiwata's daily life.

And apparently Miiwata uses a punching bag to train for combat. The Miis are preparing!
I always knew Iwata could sing.
He just needed to believe!
It includes going to the 24th best attraction of the whole world.

"De Efteling"
...Um.
Hold up. No! I'm not looking up Wikipedia! I would never...
...So, it's like Six Flags with fairy tales?

Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Speaking of Americans and male stereotypes, you and I both know that the population of females that like fat big guys are lower nowadays. Maybe it's due to the fact that they crave Prince Charmings, Justin Beiber clones, and Timberlake wannabes are their target.
More like how those are the ones that sell sex appeal. Industries like to play it safe these days so they provide more of the same.

Kinda like how guys don't typically like bigger girls, right?
I think most men, like women, don't know what they want.

I like how "big" in this context refers to fat. What if they're just naturally wide? I'm a big guy in that sense. Then there's how everyone's on a scale (no pun intended) of fat to skinny.

Yoshi will be in regardless. But I'm okay with other types of updates. That said, it'd be about time. :/

Kind of. His wording was "I don't think Snake is likely to be in". However, as KumaOso has pointed out, he could be under contract to not say anything that specifies whether he's in or not. No leaks and all. I don't think it means anything, ultimately. If anything, maybe he actually doesn't want to bother asking for it, but seeing as how an earlier interview noted he wanted to make Snake appeal to kids more(with SSB does beautifully, and part of what made him perfect to have in Brawl...), it seems contradictory.

I'd say he's lying.
Kojima is also very well known to troll his audience. I predicted on Skype that Kojima will say Solid Snake won't be in Smash Bros. only for Big Boss to be put in instead. Now let's see if I freaking called it.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I always knew Iwata could sing.
He just needed to believe!

...Um.
Hold up. No! I'm not looking up Wikipedia! I would never...
...So, it's like Six Flags with fairy tales?
Yes. A theme park with a fairy tale theme...well mostly...

I also could've gone to Walibi Holland which used to be called Six Flags Holland.

But as a coward i'm more happy with "De Efteling".

I will never have the guts to go in the Goliath.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yes. A theme park with a fairy tale theme...well mostly...

I also could've gone to Walibi Holland which used to be called Six Flags Holland.

But as a coward i'm more happy with "De Efteling".

I will never have the guts to go in the Goliath.
Try being me.
I hate roller-coasters. I went to Six Flags New England once.
...Worst time of my life.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Words cannot described how much "What the ****!?" was in Hamatora Episode 5 since we've expected a hot springs episode. It's as if the producers said "Expecting T&A fanservice? TOO BAD! BARA ABS TIME!" At least this shows that some producers have the balls to troll their own viewers with "Big Lipped Alligator Moments" and I thought Studio Gainax were the only ones. O_O

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Kojima is also very well known to troll his audience. I predicted on Skype that Kojima will say Solid Snake won't be in Smash Bros. only for Big Boss to be put in instead. Now let's see if I freaking called it.
That'd be a pretty big change.

That said, hope not. Albeit, I could see it. They changed Young Link(who wasn't even one person total, but spanning multiple games, at least according to the Trophy. OOT Y. Link and Zelda 1 versions are two different people. And the Trophy says he could be considered the same guy in the first game.) to Toon Link(while it's specifically his Wind Waker design, his appearances in the Four Swords related games(this includes Minish Cap) are somewhat alike. Also, Downthrust isn't available to any Toon Link save the Four Swords versions, notably...). Then again, I'd love a new design for Pokemon Trainer. Even if he keeps the same Pokemon, just update his model to someone else. Like male Kalos Trainer design. Guy's already fully generic, so why not? Not like his model was useful at all to have. Not anymore, that is. In Brawl, giving him a new model would take too much time to animate. But that isn't an issue anymore. For the record, I expect Pokemon Trainer to come back as normal, though. Maybe with 3 unique Final Smashes.

I can't think of any notable updateable characters, though.
It's in the summer, June-July I think Iemme check.

It's just Summer 2014
Huh. Could be a long time then. Also, with Kojima's interview... I'd say this is a perfect time to reveal Snake(this month) or a replacement for him specifically(Big Boss as noted by Kuma, a Belmont... or some other Konami character).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I always saw it where the Zelda characters were just Composite Characters of their game counterparts except for Ganondorf maybe (is he the same one in every game, even as Ganon?). The art style in Smash is just a choice to use that would fit in the game's art direction. Even then, Link and Zelda do not fit the look of their Twilight Princess parts down to a T, with some minor differences as seen in Brawl.

Shroob

Sup?
I always saw it where the Zelda characters were just Composite Characters of their game counterparts except for Ganondorf maybe (is he the same one in every game, even as Ganon?). The art style in Smash is just a choice to use that would fit in the game's art direction. Even then, Link and Zelda do not fit the look of their Twilight Princess parts down to a T, with some minor differences as seen in Brawl.
I'm pretty sure Four Swords had Ganondorf named even as Ganon, and I'm pretty sure that in ALttP Ganon's full name was Ganondorf Dragmire.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, new games came out, so a little costume updating makes sense.

But I mean characters that be updated to a whole new one. Young Link and Toon Link are based upon different Links as is. It's not just a model change. They're even different people. The WW version is a new person from the earlier Young Links, and while the style is re-used somewhat for the Four Swords games, it's still a slightly varied version of regular ALTTP style.

To clarify for Ganondorf, we know that TP's version is OOT's version. I have to play WW again, but how did he survive that long? I can't remember Gerudos being able to be alive for more than 1,000 years... although he was trapped in the Sacred Realm, so he probably just became Ganon for a long time, who has probably no age limit regardless. Might be why he got so obese(but clearly trained to fight regardless of that). That said, I think the new Ganondorfs after those three games were true reincarnations or something.

He's dead in TP. In WW, he's turned to stone, so... unless FSA unleashed him from stone... and I have to check the timeline anyway. Yeah, everybody knows these spoilers, probably. But still, courtesy![/spoler]

Time to go to work!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
. Might be why he got so obese(but clearly trained to fight regardless of that).
If he's sealed in the Sacred Realm, where is he going to find to food to eat? Ganondorf's not fat in Wind Waker, it's the robes. I found this picture a while back, but it shows that Ganondorf has the same build as those of the bigger pirates in that game. Wind Waker used top heavy designs for its male characters.

The tumblr post I got this from also mentions that there IS a difference between stocky and fat.

Oh, and to make you guys feel uncomfortable before I head out:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom