• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Would people want pokeballs separated as a pokeball and Masterball (with Masterballs containing legendaries only and pokeballs containing non-legendaries) or just how it is now?
I wouldn't like it too much. I prefer the luck of the cast.

Just saw the ending to Yoshis new island...
Wow just wow.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
Shh. The sensitive exist here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So wait a minute, Kojima said that he didn't think Snake was coming back? (I didn't actually see what he said until just now)

.....****.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yoshi will be in regardless. But I'm okay with other types of updates. That said, it'd be about time. :/

So wait a minute, Kojima said that he didn't think Snake was coming back? (I didn't actually see what he said until just now)

.....****.
Kind of. His wording was "I don't think Snake is likely to be in". However, as KumaOso has pointed out, he could be under contract to not say anything that specifies whether he's in or not. No leaks and all. I don't think it means anything, ultimately. If anything, maybe he actually doesn't want to bother asking for it, but seeing as how an earlier interview noted he wanted to make Snake appeal to kids more(with SSB does beautifully, and part of what made him perfect to have in Brawl...), it seems contradictory.

I'd say he's lying.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yoshi will be in regardless. But I'm okay with other types of updates. That said, it'd be about time. :/

Kind of. His wording was "I don't think Snake is likely to be in". However, as KumaOso has pointed out, he could be under contract to not say anything that specifies whether he's in or not. No leaks and all. I don't think it means anything, ultimately. If anything, maybe he actually doesn't want to bother asking for it, but seeing as how an earlier interview noted he wanted to make Snake appeal to kids more(with SSB does beautifully, and part of what made him perfect to have in Brawl...), it seems contradictory.

I'd say he's lying.
I hope he is. I still get goosepumps thinking about Snake being in Brawl.

D

Deleted member

The choice of wording doesn't give me a good vibe at all.

I mean, with Sonic, it was "All we can say is that we also think it would be awesome if he was in the next Smash Bros. So yea, but that's more of a question for Nintendo than us.", which gave the vibe that they wanted him to show up, but they cannot confirm or deny that he is showing up. Which was a good vibe, as it felt like it was hiding something.

With what Kojima said, it gives the vibe that while he wants Snake to return, he's not going to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Just saw the ending to Yoshis new island...
Wow just wow.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
It's...interesting.

It's like a mix of the final battles from the original Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Island DS.

You fight Baby Bowser normally and his giant form in similar ways to the original YI, but when you get to Baby Luigi and the Stork...adult Bowser randomly warps through time and fights you.

Then you end up fighting him twice, in rounds reminiscent of the final battle of the New Super Mario Bros games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's...interesting.

It's like a mix of the original Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Island DS.
You fight Baby Bowser normally and his giant form in similar ways to the original YI, but when you get to Baby Luigi and the Stork...adult Bowser randomly warps through time and fights you.

Then you end up fighting him twice, in rounds reminiscent of the final battle of the New Super Mario Bros games.
How many times is Bowser going to fricking go back in time and be a pain in the ass?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's...interesting.

It's like a mix of the final battles from the original Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Island DS.

That's dumb.

I was defending the game earlier but that...

That is just dumb.

What's with Mario and the pipe at the end?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Or maybe it's the third brother....like what Miyamoto talked about being possible in the future....

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The choice of wording doesn't give me a good vibe at all.

I mean, with Sonic, it was "All we can say is that we also think it would be awesome if he was in the next Smash Bros. So yea, but that's more of a question for Nintendo than us.", which gave the vibe that they wanted him to show up, but they cannot confirm or deny that he is showing up. Which was a good vibe, as it felt like it was hiding something.

With what Kojima said, it gives the vibe that while he wants Snake to return, he's not going to.
To be honest, Kojima may not care if Snake is back in SSB. I mean, he wanted it him in two games, right? Melee, but that failed, then Brawl. As I said, it contradicts his earlier message of Snake appealing more to kids, but we know for a fact that people change their minds anyway.

Remember Sakurai not wanting to see Villager fight, even telling us after Smash 4's reveal he was thinking of putting him in but took him out. Come SSB4 and...

Don't get me wrong, the wording is odd, but I just don't know. I hope he was lying. I would personally prefer Simon Belmont, but I have no complaints either way.(plus, couldn't Simon be an Assist Trophy anyway?)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Playing 3D World just now with a friend?

I had an intense and legitimately eye opening discussion of how the Mario princesses are nothing but Destiny’s Child in princess form.

Peach is Beyonce.

Rosalina is Kelly Rowland.

And Daisy?

That poor unfortunate ***** is Michelle Williams.
Does this make the plumbers like the Beatles? With Waluigi as Ringo?

Scoot

Smash Cadet
So what's the chance of getting a Bowser Jr up in this roster, I don't think it's too unfeasible to do so.
I'd like to think he'd have his brush from SMS and that he would maybe work/move similar to wario in a way, but overall I'd just like to see him in there?

What does everyone think, would that work?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So what's the chance of getting a Bowser Jr up in this roster, I don't think it's too unfeasible to do so.
I'd like to think he'd have his brush from SMS and that he would maybe work/move similar to wario in a way, but overall I'd just like to see him in there?

To be honest, since Rosalina is there, I don't think we'll have a 6th Mario character. Sakurai has said time and time again it won't be a huge roster like many are interested in. I'd say it's low due to that. He's a good addition, though.

Waiting waiting waiting...

Has the picture updated yet?
Let's just it's still da bomb.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

His chances seem a lot lower if we already got Rosalina as a new Mario character. But moveset wise he does a one or two things to help him stand out. Namely that he can use his paint brush from Mario Sunshine. And he could use the Koopa Clown Car and a bunch of it's gadgets for an alternative route if Sakurai and the other developers saw it as unique from the rest of the cast.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKln2oUXJQ

New course, I think. Pokemon X/Y, apparently. I think this could be Pokemon Trainer's specific course on the 3DS. I mean, if he's back and all. And as male, as "bachelor in his pad" is used. Since Villager is there, it could be a joke on him having houses and such. Not sure, really. Weird.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom