• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
I love Baka and Test. Its kind of a part of how I got into anime.

I started off with Birdy the Mighty on Netflix. (this is after that extremely shallow "I've seen DBZ, Naruto, Yugioh, and Pokemon" phase of anime. Never really kept up with any of them anyways)

So a friend suggested that to me.

Then I just looked around the internet looking for anime. I found Seitokai no Ichizon after looking at random scenes from anime on Youtube. Then, they mentioned Baka and Test in it. They actually mentioned quite a few anime in that show. Its really funny (albeit a bit shallow). Baka and Test was one of the first ones they mention. Of course I wanted to get the joke so I stopped watching Seitokai no Ichizon and watched Baka and Test. Good show. I really thought it was funny. Seitokai no Ichizon had references to a few other anime that I stopped watching it and watched what they referenced. And that's how I got into anime lol.
Baka and test is what i ended up watching after Madoka Magkia, and it was nice to watch something cheerful for once.

Hell to be honest i think it's better then Madoka magika.

Also Samurai Champoo is what got me into anime :3 and i haven't stopped sense.

D

Deleted member

Anime talk? Eh...
The last anime I watched was Oreimo and something that shall not be mentioned, I don't really watch many shows.

I'm still captivated by Shulk's accent, I wonder if I should watch an LP of Xenoblade.
I would recommend Chuggaaconroy's LP of the game. He's not even close to finishing it(as far as I can tell, I've never played the game either) and the way he does his LPs, you'll still get all the suspense and tension of the story. I've never played the game and I still love it.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Worst character for multi-man brawl?
None of them unless the fan doesn't show up somehow.

Literally any character can do excellently with the fan.

Just grab a fan pick the left or right side then toss the fan in the air and see how many alloys it can hit. I think I've gotten a streak for so long that the fan stopped spinning. Its really crazy when you have more than one fan there. It really helps with insta-tossing practice.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Anime talk? Eh...
The last anime I watched was Oreimo and something that shall not be mentioned, I don't really watch many shows.

I'm still captivated by Shulk's accent, I wonder if I should watch an LP of Xenoblade.
I'd suggest watching Chuggaaconroy's LP of Xenoblade.
I would recommend him as well. His talking commentary may be a bit grating at times, but he is comprehensive on coverage of the game and he never talks during cut scenes, so the story remains intact.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was a bit surprised by the whole Brony thing when the show's fanbase first started peaking activity on the Internet. I read a little about the show and understood why it did have such a following, but the fanbase itself.... ugh. A majority of them were what turned me off from even wanting to give the show a try. Though I finally did a few months back and really enjoyed it.
Research; something I never do.

I had no idea what Madoka was about going in.
I had no idea what Attack on Titan was about going in.
I had no idea what Evangelion was about going in, just that it had robots.
I had no idea Xenoblade had robots until I went to the Shulk thread here.

I'm always paranoid about spoilers, which is kind of funny, because I knew Death Note's ending going in, having looked it up long before actually deciding to watch it.

None of them unless the fan doesn't show up somehow.

Literally any character can do excellently with the fan.

Just grab a fan pick the left or right side then toss the fan in the air and see how many alloys it can hit. I think I've gotten a streak for so long that the fan stopped spinning. Its really crazy when you have more than one fan there. It really helps with insta-tossing practice.
Fan hasn't been confirmed for Smash 4 :urg:

D

Deleted member

I used to like him but now he gives me a headache from his over-the-topness.

Plus he won't ****ing play Pokemon Platinum.
He will eventually. It will most likely be the next Pokemon game he does, but that's no reason to dislike his videos. And the effort he has put in to his Xenoblade LP really shows how much he loves the game, and he really wants people to experience it regardless whether or not people have played the game. I know I'm enjoying it. I can understand thinking he's a bit over the top, but I guess that's just taste at that point.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well I watched the start of his playthrough of Pikmin, so I don't have a problem with the guy. I just don't know if I should watch any playthrough before playing the game myself. I'm not one to jump into a franchise I know nothing about, but I'm liking Shulk so far.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I think Chuggaaconroy is better in TheRunawayGuys, and that's mainly because of ProtonJon serving as the straight man to Emile's quirkiness.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Research; something I never do.

I had no idea what Madoka was about going in.
I had no idea what Attack on Titan was about going in.
I had no idea what Evangelion was about going in, just that it had robots.
I had no idea Xenoblade had robots until I went to the Shulk thread here.

I'm always paranoid about spoilers, which is kind of funny, because I knew Death Note's ending going in, having looked it up long before actually deciding to watch it.
I always do a little bit of research on something either out of curiosity (as was the case with me and MLP).or to get an idea of what I'm going to see. Though I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit paranoid about spoilers as well. I've unintentionally spoiled myself on so many games that it's not even funny...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Plus he won't ****ing play Pokemon Platinum.
A while back, He asked if he should play Pokemon XD or skip right to Platinum. And everyone wanted him to finish the Orre games, so he did. I'm guessing he'll get to Platinum eventually.

D

Deleted member

Well I watched the start of his playthrough of Pikmin, so I don't have a problem with the guy. I just don't know if I should watch any playthrough before playing the game myself. I'm not one to jump into a franchise I know nothing about, but I'm liking Shulk so far.
Yeah, try and see if you can find the game at a reasonable price first.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
I've seen some MLP just to see what the hubbub is all about. It's okay, but I wouldn't call it the best show ever made ever.
I have a few brony friends, they showed some sweet music remixes.

But for the show, I tried watching it on TV the other day, it's really cringe worthy how they mixed up spanish and english in the dub.

D

Deleted member

Well, if you can't find and/or afford the game, but are really curious, I would suggest watching his LP. Especially if you're mostly interested in the character and story. I'm sure you've heard that it's a very long game, so if you want to get the most out of the plot before the release of Smash, the best option would be to watch his LP, or get the game as soon as possible and sink as much time into the game as you can.

D

Deleted member

I'd think it would cost the standard price of whatever a New 3DS game will cost. But again, it's going to be a long wait for that.
It exists for Wii, the new 3DS version is a re-release. The Wii version can get pretty pricey though if you're buying from the wrong place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom