• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Never watched and never cared Madoka Magicka.

Just kidding. You don't have to see it if you don't want to. My gif spam probably would ruin scenes for you, and you'd probably expect something different from what you'd be getting. It's like me and My Little Pony, which is ironic considering how I found Madoka to begin with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So.... 2012
Me: Well. The 3ds is starting to pick up in the games department. 3d Land, Kid Icarus Uprising. I may see if I can get one for my birthday. But I have a feeling that Nintendo is just going to make another 3ds right after I get one. :c

Summer 2012: Iwata has an interview saying he's happy with the current 3ds version on the market after E3.

Me: Hey, mom. Can I have a 3ds for my birthday :awesome:

Mom: yea ok.

*gets Flame Red 3ds like a boss :cool:

1 month later

Nintendo: OMFG 3DS XL!!!!! GET IT NNNAAAAAOOOOO!!!!!

Me: :ohwell: really? Come on..... well.... its too big anyways :c (compensating)

Fast forward to June this year. (once again the month of my birthday)

Me: Well... Smash 4 is coming out and my L and R buttons are messing up on me. Also my touch screen has serious calibration issues... Nintendo just came out with the 2ds and its probably the last iteration of the 3ds so I think I may get a 3ds XL.

*wants M&L limited edition.

*Settles for Flame Red 3ds XL like a boss :cool:

2 months later

Nintendo: OMFG NEW 3DS XL!!!!! GET IT NNNAAAAAOOOOO!!!!! WITH A C-STICK!!!!!! ONLY NEWBS WILL PLAY SMASH WITHOUT A C-STICK LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

Me: ughhh....

Last edited:

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
So.... 2012
Me: Well. The 3ds is starting to pick up in the games department. 3d Land, Kid Icarus Uprising. I may see if I can get one for my birthday. But I have a feeling that Nintendo is just going to make another 3ds right after I get one. :c

Summer 2012: Iwata has an interview saying he's happy with the current 3ds version on the market after E3.

Me: Hey, mom. Can I have a 3ds for my birthday :awesome:

Mom: yea ok.

*gets Flame Red 3ds like a boss :cool:

1 month later

Nintendo: OMFG 3DS XL!!!!! GET IT NNNAAAAAOOOOO!!!!!

Me: :ohwell: really? Come on..... well.... its too big anyways :c (compensating)

Fast forward to June (once again the month of my birthday)

Me: Well... Smash 4 is coming out and my L and R buttons are messing up on me. Also my touch screen has serious calibration issues... Nintendo just came out with the 2ds and its probably the last iteration of the 3ds so I think I may get a 3ds XL.

*wants M&L limited edition.

*Settles for Flame Red 3ds XL like a boss :cool:

2 months later

Nintendo: OMFG NEW 3DS XL!!!!! GET IT NNNAAAAAOOOOO!!!!! WITH A C-STICK!!!!!! ONLY NEWBS WILL PLAY SMASH WITHOUT A C-STICK LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

Me: ughhh....
feels.PNG

It was kind of the same for me, but I got my 3DS a month before Nintendo's announcement.

D

Deleted member

By [CLASSIFIED]?
Sort of. [CLASSIFIED] had 3 or so bronies on the 15-ish member team, so I got exposed to a lot of pony crap, and decided to give in and watch the show at some point. I guess it was alright, but it had been built up so much that I was let down by what I actually got. Sometime after, I watched this video that compared My Little Pony to Madoka, which I decided to watch after [CLASSIFIED EVENT]. I have been unable to locate the video despite trying to on multiple occasions.

Here's the start of a really bad joke:

So Bowser, Link, and Marth walk into Gaur Plain...
HA HA HA HA
YOU CRACK ME UP REYN.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
How did you figure that out, Vegito Rocket?
He is SO BORED hat he stalked your profile and counted it.

If I were you I would not be flattered, I'd be scared.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
What about Baka and Test? :D
I love Baka and Test. Its kind of a part of how I got into anime.

I started off with Birdy the Mighty on Netflix. (this is after that extremely shallow "I've seen DBZ, Naruto, Yugioh, and Pokemon" phase of anime. Never really kept up with any of them anyways)

So a friend suggested that to me.

Then I just looked around the internet looking for anime. I found Seitokai no Ichizon after looking at random scenes from anime on Youtube. Then, they mentioned Baka and Test in it. They actually mentioned quite a few anime in that show. Its really funny (albeit a bit shallow). Baka and Test was one of the first ones they mention. Of course I wanted to get the joke so I stopped watching Seitokai no Ichizon and watched Baka and Test. Good show. I really thought it was funny. Seitokai no Ichizon had references to a few other anime that I stopped watching it and watched what they referenced. And that's how I got into anime lol.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Sort of. [CLASSIFIED] had 3 or so bronies on the 15-ish member team, so I got exposed to a lot of pony crap, and decided to give in and watch the show at some point. I guess it was alright, but it had been built up so much that I was let down by what I actually got. Sometime after, I watched this video that compared My Little Pony to Madoka, which I decided to watch after [CLASSIFIED EVENT]. I have been unable to locate the video despite trying to on multiple occasions.
I've seen some MLP just to see what the hubbub is all about. It's okay, but I wouldn't call it the best show ever made ever.

D

Deleted member

So like... does Sakurai consider Shulk a guest?
Probably/hopefully not. I think his placement is a reference to Monolith Soft being a former Namco property, and Sakurai's quote on Miiverse being a reference to how unorthodox Shulk is. I mean, it must have been a ***** to program going off of how Brawl and Melee were programmed. The entire system for dashing/jumping/weight might have had to have been redone to make certain arts work considering that in past iterations, those have been values that cannot be changed by an attack.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So... I've just found some of my really old videos from when I was 11.
Uh... Anyone want to watch them. They're good for a cringe.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I've seen some MLP just to see what the hubbub is all about. It's okay, but I wouldn't call it the best show ever made ever.
Agreed. I guess it doesn't really appeal to my mature tastes. *goes back to watching Toy Story of Terror!*

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
So... I've just found some of my really old videos from when I was 11.
Uh... Anyone want to watch them. They're good for a cringe.
I won't watch it if you show your "epic OCs". Or gameplay videos recorded with unregistered hypercam *shudders*.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Anime talk? Eh...
The last anime I watched was Oreimo and something that shall not be mentioned, I don't really watch many shows.

I'm still captivated by Shulk's accent, I wonder if I should watch an LP of Xenoblade.

D

Deleted member

Anime talk? Eh...
The last anime I watched was Oreimo and something that shall not be mentioned, I don't really watch many shows.

I'm still captivated by Shulk's accent, I wonder if I should watch an LP of Xenoblade.
You should play Xenoblade :4pacman:

But yeah, watch a LP if you can't find/afford the game.

Soul.

The only anime that is good is Super Smash Flash 2, in which you see Goku getting butthurt Super Saiyan like this user on vStream, and Naruto, who is the same user who runs the Goku account on vStream. Goku's Final Smash is him saying "You're butthurt because this site is better than the other one." And when he gets hit, he says "I waste my time on these websites. You can see my profile on "Anivide". :troll:
Why am I talking about YouTube alternatives anyway? They'll shut down.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I was a bit surprised by the whole Brony thing when the show's fanbase first started peaking activity on the Internet. I read a little about the show and understood why it did have such a following, but the fanbase itself.... ugh. A majority of them were what turned me off from even wanting to give the show a try. Though I finally did a few months back and really enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom