• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Things I could consider making:
1. Quit YouTube and deviantART so that I can only go to Smashboards.
2. Upload less content and be less active on the former two sites, because they got boring.. now, somewhat.
3. Stay on both YT and dA.

Don't know, but I'll stick to this site after SpeculationBoards ends.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

Balance design philosophy is a fickle thing, and extremely difficult to pull off correctly. Sakurai's design choices have always been. . . interesting. Mostly good, unique little things, but sometimes of flawed premise or with assumptions not relevant to tournament play.
Yeah. There are some good things. Eh, nothing can be perfectly balanced, so the developers should try to make stuff like Meta Knight (:troll:) not broken.

I like the changes made to Link.... But I still don't trust it yet.... I have a theory that Link once slept with Sakurai's wife, so Sakurai vowed to make Link bad in every smash bros game(Melee isn't too bad, but he is still pretty bad). He will still be my main nonetheless.
Let's see if Link has been buffed.

• Spin Attack has its power from Melee and the charge ability from Brawl.
  • Grab aerial is faster. Tether recovery improved.
  • Down aerial has a spike on the tip and has less lag on the ground.
  • Forward tilt is faster.
  • Gale Boomerang has better damage and knockback.
  • Hero's Bow is faster.

There, he got buffed. No way he's going to be low tier.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I'll be here until the day Smash no longer exists. So, no need to worry about me going anywhere. ;)

Sorry to anyone that is disappointed by this. :p
Yeah!
I'll try. But I might just fade into obscurity.
I don't know. It really all depends on how things go.
i will miss you when that happens
I'll stick around for Competitiveboards, and while the speculation was fun while it lasted, I know I won't miss it much, because of all the arguments.

*cough* RIDLEY ARGUMENTS *cough*
(As much as I wanted Ridley in, I can definitely say that the arguments were annoying. It wasn't like Pre-Brawl days, but still.)
oh yeah!
It's really weird I am thinking this way for people on the Internet. You guys are really amazing :)

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
1. Quit YouTube and deviantART so that I can only go on Smashboards.
2. Upload less content and be less active on the former two sites, because they got boring.. now, somewhat.

Ik what you mean, I used to be play MMOs all the time, then Smashboards came to my life.

Oh right, I should ask you guys for your friend codes.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'm so ready to write up that EarthBound X Madoka Magica fan fiction. This is my first time writing one of these, so I'm a little nervous...

I'll be posting links to very chapter on Smashboards, when I start making it, that is.

Last edited:

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I notice your next post will be your 3000th.

Better make the most of it. ;)
Hey, we'll both get 3000 posts on the same day, nice!
I had Shulk emoticon and forum icon done within the hour. Waiting on @AlphaZealot to push the update through but he's at PAX this weekend
Oh darn, well, at least I know it's done. Thanks, Warchamp!

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Yeah. There are some good things. Eh, nothing can be perfectly balanced, so the developers should try to make stuff like Meta Knight (:troll:) not broken.

Let's see if Link has been buffed.

• Spin Attack has its power from Melee and the charge ability from Brawl.
  • Grab aerial is faster. Tether recovery improved.
  • Down aerial has a spike on the tip and has less lag on the ground.
  • Forward tilt is faster.
  • Gale Boomerang has better damage and knockback.
  • Hero's Bow is faster.

There, he got buffed. No way he's going to be low tier.
Inb4 Sakurai takes away said buffs in the final build, and buffs every other character besides Link. In all seriousness, I am cautiously optimistic. I like what has been done to Link so far, but other characters can be buffed as well, making Link's buffs insignificant. I am not passing judgement until the 13th.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think I'll stick around after the game drops. I could learn a thing or two on getting better. Though I'm not looking to be a competitive fighter. I'll gladly fight anyone online though.

Would we need to make a new Off Topic thread? Because I like threads like these.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
As long as there is a social thread still, I'll probably hang around here. But if there isn't, I'll either stay either way, or you'll see me in the first wave of Smash 5 speculators.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Not sure when/if I'll ever get into the competitive scene, but I will try to help out with learning some of the character's stats and all that. Jumping to the online mode asap as well.

And I definitely won't be leaving after speculation ends, as I love this place, and I've made far too many friends here to just vanish.

Soul.

Inb4 Sakurai takes away said buffs in the final build, and buffs every other character besides Link. In all seriousness, I am cautiously optimistic. I like what has been done to Link so far, but other characters can be buffed as well, making Link's buffs insignificant. I am not passing judgement until the 13th.
Just wait until September 13. I'm sure Link will get buffed.
Eh. The online on these games is going to be better than Brawl's, so I suppose online matches will happen.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
As long as there is a social thread still, I'll probably hang around here. But if there isn't, I'll either stay either way, or you'll see me in the first wave of Smash 5 speculators.
Same here.

If there's no more social thread then I'll be chillin' with my :4myfriends:.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Edit: Double post.

I wonder how long it will take for the roster to be spoiled.

Last edited:

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
I'm a newcomer here so I'll be around for online play for 3ds and Wii U version.

Still praying for online being decent. The game will last long if it plays well.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
why is Shulk's "series symbol" incomplete? it looks poorly cropped.....is it supposed to be the loading screen monado? lol

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I had Shulk emoticon and forum icon done within the hour. Waiting on @AlphaZealot to push the update through but he's at PAX this weekend

I'll take your background away u wanna go m8

Edit: For the record, this is the emote
That's why you 'da man.

Last edited:

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
1. Quit YouTube and deviantART so that I can only go to Smashboards.

I remember when you asked me how I got over 1,000 subscribers on youtube, and I told you to upload content frequently. Not by giving up!

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Apparently there's a 12 hour waiting period until I can make a new story of fanfiction.net

I should've made an account earlier.

D

Deleted member

I remember when you asked me how I got over 1,000 subscribers on youtube, and I told you to upload content frequently. Not by giving up!
You're right, I shouldn't give up. Might as well do daily uploads (1 video per day or something).

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Forget the waiting period, I'm gonna make my fanfiction now!!!

Need a good title first, any suggestions?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom