• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

I can't wait to see gameplay videos :colorful:
I "can't wait" to see Quick Attack cancels in the final build. No more character speculation unless DLC is confirmed.
Smash 3DS streams will be on Twitch and YouTube (lol Google). Non-stop gameplay. The Japanese release thread will be open sometime before the game releases...and that's on the 3DS boards.
Speculation will be missed. Speaking of speculation, isn't it a good time to post on the End of Speculation thread? :troll:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Once the hour 0 hits the REAL wait will begin, as I can guarantee a lot of fake "I have all characters" in the first few hours of release. Unlocking every character in the game should take an extra day or two, and once someone unlock that All Star mode and can show it, we will know the final roster. Its all incredibly exciting.

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
I'm tempted to watch everything in Smash 4 as soon as the games come out in japan (and someone streams them of course), but I want to save some of the surprise in the game, obviously not the full roster, but maybe things like the way All-star mode works, or what some of the trophies and songs are, and other stuff like that.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Shoutout to the purple link color in smash 4 and any other puple colors. I kinda wish purple team could be a thing.
I wanted a yellow team. But then a realized that four color teams would be too many.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Not sure if this is the right area for this question, but what kind of tv would be best for this game? in terms of lag, Am I still going to have to play on my old tube tv
The TV wouldn't affect with lag, you're free to keep playing with the good ole' tv

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I am going to be very sad when Speculationboards end... But I am also excited for competitive boards.... You lot, promise you won't ever leave.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I can't wait to see the recolors! And also to see Ridley supporters have their hopes crushed!

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
These Dark pit alts reminded me of one of my favorite lines in Kid Icarus Uprising.

Pit: "Cragalanche, huh? What are you some kind of monster truck?"

Viridi: "Pit, huh? What are you some kind of hole in the ground?"

I laughed. That script is hilarious. That whole game is so good.

Soul.

I am going to be very sad when Speculationboards end... But I am also excited for competitive boards.... You lot, promise you won't ever leave.
SpeculationBoards ends:
"It's not all about the competitive scene, ugh. There's other stuff in the games, you know."
CompetitiveBoards begins:
"Oh, so Toon Link can't do short hop double back air. Nerf."
"On the Japanese commercial of Smash 3DS, Meta Knight is seen using Drill Rush, but Wii Fit Trainer K.O's him with her Up Smash. Looks like Meta Knight isn't as overpowered as he was in Brawl."
"Meta Knight's Down Smash has a bit of ending lag. Nerf. :troll:"

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I can't wait to see the recolors! And also to see Ridley supporters have their hopes crushed!
Rude!

Hello, everyone! Long time, no see.
How is the social thread doing these days?

A little birdie from the PAX Smash roundtable told me in a Twitch chat that they changed the physics to be more Melee like from the E3 build.
Of course, it could be completely fake, but who cares? I think it would be awesome if that did happen, because Captain Falcon might be good then, since he would be able to use his running momentum as his aerial momentum too.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
A little birdie from the PAX Smash roundtable told me in a Twitch chat that they changed the physics to be more Melee like from the E3 build.
Of course, it could be completely fake, but who cares? I think it would be awesome if that did happen, because Captain Falcon might be good then, since he would be able to use his running momentum as his aerial momentum too.
Wait, you spoke to Falco Lombardi on Twitch?!

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Rude!

Hello, everyone! Long time, no see.
How is the social thread doing these days?

Heh heh. I like causing trouble! :chuckle:

I really hope that's true, Brawl's physics screwed Falcon over.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I'd never leave you Loz.
Daw. Same here Tanga :)
SpeculationBoards ends:
"It's not all about the competitive scene, ugh. There's other stuff in the games, you know."
CompetitiveBoards begins:
"Oh, so Toon Link can't do short hop double back air. Nerf."
"On the Japanese commercial of Smash 3DS, Meta Knight is seen using Drill Rush, but Wii Fit Trainer K.O's him with her Up Smash. Looks like Meta Knight isn't as overpowered as he was in Brawl."
"Meta Knight's Down Smash has a bit of ending lag. Nerf. :troll:"
I will be drooling over how bad good Link is in the game.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Little birdie from PAX.

Also, good to know that the game was further tweaked post-E3, if we grant this Twitch emissary tidbit.
Now maybe the vocal minority of the Melee community can shut up. But who am I kidding, that's never going to happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom