• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Little birdie from PAX.

Also, good to know that the game was further tweaked post-E3, if we grant this Twitch emissary tidbit.
It's more than likely fake, something as important to the game as the speed would have been decided early on.

D

Deleted member

2006 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl is unveiled at E3 2006. Revolution is renamed to ''Wii'', PlayStation 3 removes the prototype ''boomerang-like'' controller in favor of one closer to the standard DualShock controllers, this one being named ''Sixaxis''. DualShock 3 wouldn't arrive until 2007, a year after launch (Japan). Xbox 360 got more games announced, such as Halo 3.

2007 - More information on Brawl surfaces, GameCube gets its final first-party game, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, new titles for PS3 and Xbox 360 were announced, and Nintendo DS got quality titles such as TLoZ: Phantom Hourglass and Diddy Kong Racing DS, an enhanced remake of the original Nintendo 64 game.

2008 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl releases for Wii. Pretty much the same as the previous year.

2009 - Wii MotionPlus, along with games such as Xenoblade Chronicles (under a different name) and Metroid: Other M, were announced at E3. Project Natal (now Kinect) and the then-unnamed motion controller for PS3 (now PS Move) were shown at the expo as well.

2010 - Best year in my opinion. The 3DS was announced in March and was unveiled at E3 2010, along with games designed for the system such as Mario Kart 7, PilotWings Resort, remakes of Star Fox 64 and TLoZ: Ocarina of Time, and more. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was also shown. More information on both Kinect and PS Move surfaced (along with the official names of both motion controllers).

2011 - Nintendo 3DS releases worldwide. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U were announced at E3, but no gameplay footage or logo was shown. Wii U is unveiled as well.

Why not? We're on page #2006 so let's celebrate. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Lol. Link should be good this time. Why would he be Hyrule tier once again.
Balance design philosophy is a fickle thing, and extremely difficult to pull off correctly. Sakurai's design choices have always been. . . interesting. Mostly good, unique little things, but sometimes of flawed premise or with assumptions not relevant to tournament play.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Lol. Link should be good this time. Why would he be Hyrule tier once again.
I like the changes made to Link.... But I still don't trust it yet.... I have a theory that Link once slept with Sakurai's wife, so Sakurai vowed to make Link bad in every smash bros game(Melee isn't too bad, but he is still pretty bad). He will still be my main nonetheless.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
2006 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl is unveiled at E3 2006. Revolution is renamed to ''Wii'', PlayStation 3 removes the prototype ''boomerang-like'' controller in favor of one closer to the standard DualShock controllers, this one being named ''Sixaxis''. DualShock 3 wouldn't arrive until 2007, a year after launch (Japan). Xbox 360 got more games announced, such as Halo 3.

2007 - More information on Brawl surfaces, GameCube gets its final first-party game, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, new titles for PS3 and Xbox 360 were announced, and Nintendo DS got quality titles such as TLoZ: Phantom Hourglass and Diddy Kong Racing DS, an enhanced remake of the original Nintendo 64 game.

2008 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl releases for Wii. Pretty much the same as the previous year.

2009 - Wii MotionPlus, along with games such as Xenoblade Chronicles (under a different name) and Metroid: Other M, were announced at E3. Project Natal (now Kinect) and the then-unnamed motion controller for PS3 (now PS Move) were shown at the expo as well.

2010 - Best year in my opinion. The 3DS was announced in March and was unveiled at E3 2010, along with games designed for the system such as Mario Kart 7, PilotWings Resort, remakes of Star Fox 64 and TLoZ: Ocarina of Time, and more. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was also shown. More information on both Kinect and PS Move surfaced (along with the official names of both motion controllers).

2011 - Nintendo 3DS releases worldwide. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U were announced at E3, but no gameplay footage or logo was shown. Wii U is unveiled as well.

Why not? We're on page #2006 so let's celebrate. lol
Ahhh, thanks for making me feel old.

I was 14 when I played Brawl.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Sorry my post is late, I just came back from watching Ghostbusters.

That's what I do.
You do realize there's more to him than just that quote correct? Heck, there's a crapton of quotes from Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Why not just use them? At least there would be some variety.

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
It's more than likely fake, something as important to the game as the speed would have been decided early on.
I don't think so. Although Sakurai has states that he wants to make the game more open to new players and less intimidating from the intense pacing of Melee, the interest in the competitive scene (everyone gets a Final Destination!) and much more active involvement with the community than ever before (easily seen by Chrom's line in the Robin/Lucina trailer) could lead to sudden changes.

Besides, Sakurai is unpredictable.

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
Ok I'm down with a case of severe boredom, so I have an idea.
If you could choose ANY freature to be in smash what would it be? It can be anything! Characters, people, animals, objects, gamemodes, bosses, ANYTHING! Also don't make fun of others ideas because lets face it we won't be serious. Except I really do want a Banjo-Kazooie trophy completley serious.

D

Deleted member

I am going to be very sad when Speculationboards end... But I am also excited for competitive boards.... You lot, promise you won't ever leave.
I'll probably hang around competitive boards a lot, mostly looking at what other people are finding out about the game, and I'll probably stick around here because reasons.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
If you could choose ANY freature to be in smash what would it be? It can be anything! Characters, people, animals, objects, gamemodes, bosses, ANYTHING! Also don't make fun of others ideas because lets face it we won't be serious. Except I really do want a Banjo-Kazooie trophy completley serious.
Mewtwo. All I want in Smash is Mewtwo.

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
Fox x Falco videos

A better-made single player adventure mode. SSE was good, but seriously **** the Great Maze.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Open source code.
Look at what Epic Games is doing with the new Unreal Tournament.
All developers ought cast aside this positivist construction of intellectual property.

Depending on how one thinks about it, my choice is quite like wishing for more wishes.
We can have anything, and everything, more.

Last edited:

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
Give me back Board the Platforms. Seriously.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I would put it on PC.
And then watch as the miserable fools whine.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm not really interested in competitive stuff, but I guess I'll be around for online matches.

I might eventually fade away into the forgotten realm of obscurity...

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
I am going to be very sad when Speculationboards end... But I am also excited for competitive boards.... You lot, promise you won't ever leave.
I'll stick around for Competitiveboards, and while the speculation was fun while it lasted, I know I won't miss it much, because of all the arguments.

*cough* RIDLEY ARGUMENTS *cough*
(As much as I wanted Ridley in, I can definitely say that the arguments were annoying. It wasn't like Pre-Brawl days, but still.)

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Tbh, I don't know if I'll still hang around after Speculationboards. I gotta finish Uni and get a job. o_o

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
One feature I would like to see return is target smash levels for each characters. Even though I haven't played it in melee I definitely like the idea of it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'll try. But I might just fade into obscurity.
I don't know. It really all depends on how things go.

D

Deleted member

An extremely fleshed out stage builder mode. Multiple sets for each series. I'll list some examples.

Mario: Plains set, Castle set, Paper set
Zelda: Field set, dungeon set

They could just do general series sets if they want a broader variety of stage assets to choose from. It could be absolutely amazing. Fingers crossed it's in the Wii U version.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm going to somewhat try to get into the competitive scene. I'm going to learn most of the tricks at least.

I'm also going to be chatting with people on all my mains' boards when the game releases. :)

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So I'm watching a show on Food Network about kid chefs competing with each other. It's fairly interesting, but seeing all the 12 year olds gives me bad memories of Middle School...

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
So I'm watching a show on Food Network about kid chefs competing with each other. It's fairly interesting, but seeing all the 12 year olds gives me bad memories of Middle School...
Did you have a traumatic cooking class-related incident?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom