• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That's a somewhat valid reason for disliking a character inclusion. But if I were you, I'd pass judgement once we see his moveset. There's a chance he could at least have one or two major differences.
I will take back what I said if he is different enough, yes.

Would have loved for his model to be even slightly different.
But that would have been weird since he's literally just a black-colored Pit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Worst? That's far better than the ugly rainbow buttons on the actual thing. Now I really want this to happen...
Maybe it could become a reality since the US SNES controller had purple buttons. I could be fine with that. xD

D

Deleted member

The only thing I have against MegaMan is a good friend of mine who doesn't know Sakurai's stance on third party characters, cuz he's always tellin me he wants ProtoMan or Bass in the game. I like MegaMan, but it's hard to be a fan when you have a friend whose biased like that.
So, you're complaining about having a friend who wants other Mega Man characters playable when you want other Sonic characters playable and even want Nintendo to buy SEGA so that it can happen? OK.

At least it's not a cashier job! Gosh do I feel bad for all cashiers, customers can be a real pain in the ***.
has trained as a cashier multiple times Oh believe me, some people can be complete pricks when you try and bag for them. It's not just the cashiers, though they have it the worst for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148

I still hope he's just a recolor, but if he's an alt, it would be amazing if he used the dark pit staff, otherwise no thankyou.

So, you're complaining about having a friend who wants other Mega Man characters playable when you want other Sonic characters playable and even want Nintendo to buy SEGA so that it can happen? OK.

has trained as a cashier multiple times Oh believe me, some people can be complete pricks when you try and bag for them. It's not just the cashiers, though they have it the worst for sure.
Customers are complete pricks about everything, gosh, I feel embarrased for them whenever I see them make a scene at public places, their tantrums are worse than what you'd see a brat doing I swear. And oh god I feel your pain.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The only thing I have against MegaMan is a good friend of mine who doesn't know Sakurai's stance on third party characters, cuz he's always tellin me he wants ProtoMan or Bass in the game. I like MegaMan, but it's hard to be a fan when you have a friend whose biased like that.
So basically "I think my friend is ill-informed and therefore I don't like MegaMan".

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Just don't work at a grocery store. Sure, you get money, but it's so dull. You push carts for what feels like forever, then you check the time: "IT'S ONLY BEEN 10 MINUTES?! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?"
Here's a nice Zen koan that I think might be appropriate. It's called The Panda and the Pear Tree, and it goes like this:

"cry me a river, you whiny little *****"

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

He gets a slightly thicker layer of Guy-liner. And a tattoo that says "Bad Boy" on it. That good enough?

D

Deleted member

Just don't work at a grocery store. Sure, you get money, but it's so dull. You push carts for what feels like forever, then you check the time: "IT'S ONLY BEEN 10 MINUTES?! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?"
I actually love pushing carts.

I'd much rather keep the Lot Attendant position I have then go inside and sit at a register as a Cashier.

I work better when I don't have to interact with others that much.

But of course it probably helps that I don't stand still when I'm on the clock, I'm always doing something, which helps pass the time.

And it also helps that I walk really fast (10 min. walking mile :shades:), which means pushing a set of carts doesn't take as long.

D

Deleted member

Here's a nice Zen koan that I think might be appropriate. It's called The Panda and the Pear Tree, and it goes like this:

"cry me a river, you whiny little *****"
Challenge Accepted.

tell me when the river appears.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
But if it's Sonic, then it's okay with you? Because I'm pretty sure I've heard you support more Sonic characters.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I think we all have our own petty views of characters.

Like me loving Shulk solely because of his amazing accent. I don't even know a damn thing about Xenoblade.

I'll withhold my judgement of Bowser Jr. until I actually try him. I just hope he doesn't have the same annoying Sunshine voice...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Give him sunglasses and I'll main him.
You're playing hard ball Toaster Brains. We can give him hipster glasses though.

I think we all have our own petty views of characters.

Like me loving Shulk solely because of his amazing accent. I don't even know a damn thing about Xenoblade.

I'll withhold my judgement of Bowser Jr. until I actually try him. I just hope he doesn't have the same annoying Sunshine voice...
He'll have his slightly less annoying voice from Galaxy onwards.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't know about you guys, but the way certain alternates outfits are going, I would totally buy the swimsuit DLC for this game.

You're playing hard ball Toaster Brains. We can give him hipster glasses though.
THAT IS A STEP IN THE WRONG DIRECTION, SIR

D

Deleted member

I actually love pushing carts.

I'd much rather keep the Lot Attendant position I have then go inside and sit at a register as a Cashier.

I work better when I don't have to interact with others that much.

But of course it probably helps that I don't stand still when I'm on the clock, I'm always doing something, which helps pass the time.

And it also helps that I walk really fast (10 min. walking mile :shades:), which means pushing a set of carts doesn't take as long.
I'm the opposite. I'd rather be cashiering than pushing carts, even if I can have long discussions with myself while pushing carts.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I don't know about you guys, but the way certain alternates outfits are going, I would totally buy the swimsuit DLC for this game.

Are hipster glasses too mainstream?

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
There's a lot of characters to choose from anyways, and well, we just can't like everyone, just like I can't stand Pikachu's voice, I really hate him.

You know, I tend to be completely against DLC, but heck, I'd buy that too.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

What if he wears a #SWAGTASTIC T-shirt. Surely that would make you happy. :demon:

Also, Zamus and Shulk swimsuits are free. So that just means a little less money to spend on Speedo Wario. :troll:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
There's a lot of characters to choose from anyways, and well, we just can't like everyone, just like I can't stand Pikachu's voice, I really hate him.

You know, I tend to be completely against DLC, but heck, I'd buy that too.
My view on characters is simple:

Ridley: kinda want, but not to the point of heavy support like the one below
Paper Mario: Do I need to tell? Ok, REALLY want him like crazy, but I can live with just the stage since I wanted more repping for his series.

Everyone else: neutral :)

I have no hate list.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Let's play the DLC Game.

Decomposing Lizard Carcass
Dubious Libel Charges
Damn Lanky Chimp
Dormant Lurking Creature
Doing Lovely Ceramics

Go!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What if he wears a #SWAGTASTIC T-shirt. Surely that would make you happy. :demon:

Also, Zamus and Shulk swimsuits are free. So that just means a little less money to spend on Speedo Wario. :troll:
So you're saying we can't have an even more zero-er zero suit?
Lame.

Swimsuit DLC... I'll also buy Zero-suit DLC too.
If everyone gets a swimsuit and everyone gets a zerosuit I will be happy.

Everyone will love Zero-Suit Game and Watch.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148

Paper Mario: Do I need to tell? Ok, REALLY want him like crazy, but I can live with just the stage since I wanted more repping for his series.

I have no hate list.
It's just that, Pikachu's DownB and NeutralB annoy me a lot when spammed, the voice grates on my nerves, a lot.

Was there any confirmation that said "Shulk's swimsuit costume is DLC"?
nonono soul stop giving them ideas! :scared:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In before higher pitched Godzilla Bowser roars.

Do it Sakurai.
Yeah, I've been wondering about Junior's voice. Bowser's voice is similar/the same as Brawl, right? If that's the case, what's gonna happen with Junior? high pitched Godzilla roars would be kind of funny though.

I have no hate list.
Mine is almost as simple;
  • Was your character in a previous Smash game?
    • If yes, I support
    • If no, do I like the character/the game they are from?
      • If yes, I support
      • If no, do I get sick of hearing their name all the time, or are they part of a meme?
        • If yes, I do not support
        • If no, I support

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't have any character on a hate list either. Even guys like Tingle have some kind of merit.

As far as characters I do want, I guess at this maybe just Ridley and Isaac. But one or two characters missing from my wishlist just going to make me mildly dissapointed. Which I can get over in a couple days.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Let's play the DLC Game.

Decomposing Lizard Carcass
Dubious Libel Charges
Damn Lanky Chimp
Dormant Lurking Creature
Doing Lovely Ceramics

Go!
Dinosaur Laser Christ
(This is who everyone was talking about when they said "DLC Character")

D

Deleted member

I have no complaints about the roster. All but one (:lucas:) of my top 6 are playable. I have no right to complain, and I don't want to.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Haha well, people and media generally give relationships a lot of importance, but it really isn't everything, I mean, I've never been in a relationship and I still don't want to be in one, now, or ever really. Friendships are more than enough for me.
I agree actually, I'm not at all a fan of dating. Usually when I like someone I'm like "well I could ask them out, but...it's kind of more enjoyable just being friends c: ". But for some people dating really improves their quality of life, and it's something that I don't think anyone quite knows how it'll be for them until they try, so I think people will at least give it a shoot.

You're probably right.

I don't feel like I shouldn't or can't date because of school, but I do feel like I shouldn't ask anyone in my school because of how awkward it would be. I mean, how are you supposed to respond if the kid that says nothing randomly walks up to you and asks you out? It's creepy. I don't have any intentions of dating though. I do, however, have plans of laughing at everyone who blows all their money on prom. I guess most of the reason why I don't have a social life is that I just don't know how to approach people. In the past where certain incidents have occurred that I would never like to repeat I always seem to come off as annoying. And when people talk to me, it just feels weird. How do I respond to keep the conversation going? Better to not do anything than be picked on if you ask me.
Ah, so the school is more important thing was a cover to an extent, eh? *insert gif of person staring intently over a cup of coffee".

Well now we're getting into psychologist territory, which I ain't good at so I can't help you there. If I had to though I'd say the same advice I gave about academics; don't stress about it. Of course it's very hard to tell yourself that if you have social anxiety, which it seems like you do, but that's kind of the crux of it. I have severe social anxiety and the social skills of a block of wood but I force myself into social situations and to make incredibly awkward social interactions, and I somehow come out of it making wonderful friends and at one point a girlfriend. It is incredibly difficult and painful for me to do, more so than anything else in the world, but my god is it worth it. Oh and if you get picked on? **** them. If someone gives you heartfelt criticism about your behavior, that's one thing and you should really consider what they have to say(and knowing the difference between that and someone picking on you is hugely important), but if someone's just picking on you? Either ignore them or brush it off, it all means jack **** at the end of the day. Unless you mean as in like physical bullying, if that's so that's a little more complicated and the solution depends on the details of the situation.

Oh and don't laugh at people for blowing their money on prom. That's a classic anti-social style **** move and it's no better than a jock laughing at someone for playing videogames or watching anime. As long as they aren't hurting themselves or others, people can have fun and spend their money any way they want.

Sorry I'm being so serious right now. It's just that you're reminding me a lot of several people I know who ended up in very dark places, and I find it concerning.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Yeah, I've been wondering about Junior's voice. Bowser's voice is similar/the same as Brawl, right? If that's the case, what's gonna happen with Junior? high pitched Godzilla roars would be kind of funny though.
Well he blatantly pulled off a Brawl roar in Shulk's trailer, so it seems to be the case.

I think I might actually like Jr. if he sounds like an angry raptor or something. :troll:

Speaking of, am I the only one that's glad Bowser and DK still use "realistic animal noises?" Most seem to dislike them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom