• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Homura would listen to anyone other than
Madoka?
I think not.
Of course as her stalker you would know that :troll:

As for school, I think what you're feeling is normal. Often the hardest the weeks will be the first ones.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

See as her stalker of course you would know that.
Anyone who has seen Madoka Magica would know that. I guess everyone who's seen it is a stalker

Guys, we need to get help for PLATINUM 7 immediately. He thinks Madoka Magica is a true story.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
You're probably right.

I don't feel like I shouldn't or can't date because of school, but I do feel like I shouldn't ask anyone in my school because of how awkward it would be. I mean, how are you supposed to respond if the kid that says nothing randomly walks up to you and asks you out? It's creepy. I don't have any intentions of dating though. I do, however, have plans of laughing at everyone who blows all their money on prom. I guess most of the reason why I don't have a social life is that I just don't know how to approach people. In the past where certain incidents have occurred that I would never like to repeat I always seem to come off as annoying. And when people talk to me, it just feels weird. How do I respond to keep the conversation going? Better to not do anything than be picked on if you ask me.

As for school, there is no doubt I'm worrying far too much about it. I get the feeling it'll be far less stressful when school actually starts. Last week was just all the useless forms and classroom expectations and crud.
Well yeah, you can't hope to be liked by everyone, sometimes you'll have awkward situations, but once you meet the right peeps to hang around with it's totally worth it. :coolmonke:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Huh, I felt that the comparison to Scrappy was actually spot on, as (in my eyes) Jr. really is pathetic. (Sorry)

Sure he actually poses a threat, but it is a point that he only does so with the aid of some device. Give a kid a gun and he can kill someone easily, so to say. I guess it's just my general dislike of spoiled people and brats...

I've only actually encountered him in Sunshine, never played any of those other games. I'm not even sure if there's anything in particular that caused me to dislike him, it's been a while since I've played it. Could have been the terrible voice acting...
Thats what makes Bowser Jr and Scrappy different though. Before that one movie, Scrappy only stuck to his useless fist and actually made situations worse for the cast if I recall. If you gave him a gun, he probably would be a better character. At least he wouldn't be shouting "puppy power!"

And with that last point we might be getting somewhere. I personally think Bowser Jr gets better as the series goes on. Sunshine was mostly a rough start for him. But that was a rough game in general. I won't guarantee you will like him, but I would think you wouldn't hate him at least.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Doc's running speed is slightly slower, but his falling speed is slightly faster
Doc is slightly heavier then Mario.
Doc has overall better power.
Doc's forward smash has the sweetspot closer to his torso.
Doc's down tilt knocks the opponent backwards.
Doc's up tilt knocks the opponent at varies angles depending on where it's hit.
Doc's forward aerial is a powerful finisher instead of a meteor smash.
Doc's neutral aerial oddly has the property of being stronger the long it lasts.
Megavitamins produce more damage and hitstun, with a stronger arced trajectory.
Super Sheet is slower and provides less vertical distance.
Dr. Tornado provides less air time and sends opponents in random angles.

That's all the differences if I recall.
Sorry if I dissed Dr.Mario in anyway, hehe. I do recall those differences (At least the more power part). I like him aswell.
Just saying Paper Mario has more to bring to the table.

also getting mad at the bowser jr hate..he's da coolest...lawl, mad because sweg?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Anyone who has seen Madoka Magica would know that. I guess everyone who's seen it is a stalker

Guys, we need to get help for PLATINUM 7 immediately. He thinks Madoka Magica is a true story.
Hey, I am perfectly sane. Now if you'll excuse me the walls are talking to me again.

D

Deleted member

People hate Bowser Jr, because he's M.O.D.O.K, and Kirby's hat from eating might actually be garBAGE DAY!

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Sorry if I dissed Dr.Mario in anyway, hehe. I do recall those differences (At least the more power part). I like him aswell.

also getting mad at the bowser jr hate..he's da coolest...lawl, mad because sweg?
The only differences I noticed right away was that Doc was slower. But he was fairly stronger than Mario. Of course that's not counting stuff like the Pills and Electric Forward Smash.

I'm happy to see Bowser Jr. But I'm surprised he's riding in a Clown Car. As opposed to using the paint brush.

Who? ME?!
Yeah. :troll:

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
No, not at all.

I'm still not understanding you.

It's not me, is it?
Since it's becoming me that don't understand why you don't, let's end this discussion before it begins to be a quiz on who said what and why.

The only thing you have to remember is he has nothing to do with jr and so, doesn't change anything.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
The only differences I noticed right away was that Doc was slower. But he was fairly stronger than Mario. Of course that's not counting stuff like the Pills and Electric Forward Smash.

Yeah.
Bad taste in what? If it's about the Sonic re colors, I don't do that kinda stuff.

Edit: You put a troll face in there, so you're probably joking.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Uh, thanks....?

And apparently there is (or was?) an argument about Scrappy Doo and Bowser Jr. going on.

I'm now tempted to go back a few pages.
No, I'm just trying to like Bowser Jr. I had just compared him to Scrappy as an example of why I dislike him.
And with that last point we might be getting somewhere. I personally think Bowser Jr gets better as the series goes on. Sunshine was mostly a rough start for him. But that was a rough game in general. I won't guarantee you will like him, but I would think you wouldn't hate him at least.
Sunshine is actually my favorite 3D Mario game, I absolutely love playing through it.

I guess I should see what he's all about in the other games, at least.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

It was more so listing the differences for the sake of learning details, not so much converting you or whatever.

The strange part is that the clones from Melee tend to get the weirder hitboxes and properties. Like for example, Roy's Blazer is the only attack that measures knockback based on weight instead of damage. This means that if you preform a reverse Blazer, you can KO very light characters like Jigglypuff and Pichu at 0%, while conversely you will never be able to KO most characters even at 999%.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Bad taste in what? If it's about the Sonic re colors, I don't do that kinda stuff.
You're hating on the Blue Bomber is disappointing to say the least. You have much to learn. :p

Also we won't forget the whole finding Amy Rose physically attractive thing either.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
It was more so listing the differences for the sake of learning details, not so much converting you or whatever.

The strange part is that the clones from Melee tend to get the weirder hitboxes and properties. Like for example, Roy's Blazer is the only attack that measures knockback based on weight instead of damage. This means that if you preform a reverse Blazer, you can KO very light characters like Jigglypuff and Pichu at 0%, while conversely you will never be able to KO most characters even at 999%.
maybe they were rushed?

Because I'm not sure if it makes sense considering clones was made in this context to add characters that are easy to make from dev perspective.

Weird...reminds me of THIS:

:)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Do I have bad taste if the reason I strongly dislike Dark Pit being in the roster is because I think it's stupid to have two characters who look like nothing more than pallet swaps of each other?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Doc actually isn't slower then Mario, at least not in the ways people think. He has the exact same fall speed and run speed. He also weighs exactly the same as Mario. What makes him slower then Mario is that his aerials have slightly more landing lag.

D

Deleted member

maybe they were rushed?

Because I'm not sure if it makes sense considering clones was made in this context to add characters that are easy to make from dev perspective.
Things such as Blazer being dependent on weight are obviously intentional.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Doc actually isn't slower then Mario, at least not in the ways people think. He has the exact same fall speed and run speed. He also weighs exactly the same as Mario. What makes him slower then Mario is that his aerials have slightly more landing lag.
You sure about that? Because the last time I used Doc, it genuinely felt like he ran slower. Like Mario instantly gained 10 pound once he put on the lab coat.

D

Deleted member

Do I have bad taste if the reason I strongly dislike Dark Pit being in the roster is because I think it's stupid to have two characters who look like nothing more than pallet swaps of each other?
At least you don't hate him for not being King K. Rool or Ridley.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
My grades have been fine too, it's just that this year has been built up massively by my sister. I bet once I get a month or so in I'll feel differently, but right now I'm worried about juggling school with the most boring job in the world.
I've been trying to get a job since January :/ be glad lmaoooo

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
You're hating on the Blue Bomber is disappointing to say the least. You have much to learn. :p

Also we won't forget the whole finding Amy Rose physically attractive thing either.
The only thing I have against MegaMan is a good friend of mine who doesn't know Sakurai's stance on third party characters, cuz he's always tellin me he wants ProtoMan or Bass in the game. I like MegaMan, but it's hard to be a fan when you have a friend whose biased like that.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
At least you don't hate him for not being King K. Rool or Ridley.
Of course not.
I don't hate him at all.

Just the fact he's on the roster (apparently).
I used to tell people to stop complaining about "stupid character choices" but come on
Would have been the coolest alt costume, but damn.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've been trying to get a job since January :/ be glad lmaoooo
Just don't work at a grocery store. Sure, you get money, but it's so dull. You push carts for what feels like forever, then you check the time: "IT'S ONLY BEEN 10 MINUTES?! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?"

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That's a somewhat valid reason for disliking a character inclusion. But if I were you, I'd pass judgement once we see his moveset. There's a chance he could at least have one or two major differences.

But I try not to jump the gun, and I'm a bit of an optimist.

Last edited:

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Just don't work at a grocery store. Sure, you get money, but it's so dull. You push carts for what feels like forever, then you check the time: "IT'S ONLY BEEN 10 MINUTES?! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?"
At least it's not a cashier job! Gosh do I feel bad for all cashiers, customers can be a real pain in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom