• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So. I've just learned that right in front of my doorstep, under the porch, there is a giant bees nest full of ground bees.

Something to end the summer with. ._.;
I think the more scientific term for those are hornets.
A.K.A Satan's little helpers.

D

Deleted member

I wasn't trying to be funny, more light hearted but OK what ever

Anyway, do you guys think we'll get 1 more character before release?
Noooooooooope. I think that e-shop leak may very well be our starting roster. If we do though, Wario. No question.

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4dk::4diddy:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena:
:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4littlemac::4fox:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja::4falcon::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit:
:4pacman::4sonic::4megaman:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So I just finished the first book of The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica, Here, There Be Dragons.

AND HOLY ****!

That ending was ****ing worth it. From the beginning of the book to reading throughout I had my reservations and doubts about the book but the ending, oh my god that ending was ****ing worth it. When you finally discover the full names of the various main characters... Just holy ****...

Bert is Herbet George Wells aka the guy who wrote The Time Machine and The War of the Worlds
Jack is C.S. Lewis aka the guy who wrote the Narnia books.
John is ****ing J.R.R. Tolkien! They ****ing guy behind Lord of the Rings.

And there's Charles Williams is I don't know but after looking up, he is a British author as well.

The reason I continued reading the book despite having mixed feelings while I was reading was because of how the author, James A. Owen, kept on combining various forms of literature. First there was the nod to Sherlock Holmes at the beginning of the book with the address 211B Baker Street. then to Avalon. then a slight glimpse at Atlantis. Then Captain Nemo. Then how the Loch Ness Monster got to Scotland. Then Stonehenge. Then Mordred. Then connecting so many prominent people in the works of literature like Shakespeare and Edgar Allen Poe and more. So many different things form so many different sources and the author combined them superbly.

9.5/10 read. Do recommend. Recommend highly in fact.

@ Tangamanga Tangamanga @ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht

Lozjam

Smash Champion
The joke still stands dang it! Also, if the starting roster thing is true, I plan on doing a free for match with items on regular Gaur Plain(assuming Gaur Plain is even a starting stage) while playing as Shulk.

When do you start. I've already gone through two painful weeks. And they're only painful because of History. Seriously, does anyone like taking history?
Next week.

Soul.

When I first get the game, I'm going to leave that mode off. When I want to play serious matches though, Ω mode Gaur Plain. Always.
Lol, yes. Ω Gaur Plain....banned stages have a chance when played on their Final Destination form. Except for stuff like Arena Ferox, Battlefield, Prism Tower, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), etc.
Ω Mushroomy Kingdom. What.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
When I first get the game, I'm going to leave that mode off. When I want to play serious matches though, Ω mode Gaur Plain. Always.
Well...if we ever decided to face each other we will have a problem.
You see, Ω mode Reset Bomb Forest is clearly the master race here.

D

Deleted member

When do you start. I've already gone through two painful weeks. And they're only painful because of History. Seriously, does anyone like taking history?
Raises hand. I actually like history.

Wait the eshop leak is this right?

Btw how's life Kermit? c:
Yeah, that's the e-shop leak. Life's been eh right now. I have no free time because of my boring as hell job (which I guess is a necessary evil) and I'm starting junior year of high school, which has so much **** in it. It's (supposedly) much harder than other years, and you take drivers ed, and you take the SAT test and you look at colleges.

Last edited by a moderator:

Glaze_

Smash Cadet
NNID
ItsGlaze
3DS FC
2595-1893-0903
Might as well post my trailer reactions as well.
Villager: Indifferent towards, CGI was amazing, but I don't care much for Villager.
Mega Man: Very good trailer, thought of maining him for a bit, guess that's still up in the air.
Wii Fit Trainer: Many chortles followed by confusion followed by hype.
Rosalina: Hype when I saw Luma, never thought of maining even though she is one of my fav Mario characters.
Little Mac: The hype was real.
Greninja: Didn't care much, not a massive fan of Pokemon. Greninja does look cool though.
Mii: Very excited to play as my own Miis, especially with the clothing options.
Palutena: Indifferent. Trailer was very good looking, though.
Pac-Man: Extreme hype when shown Pac Man World form, as PMW2 is one of my fav games.
Robin/Lucina: Very pretty trailer, mainly happy for the captain.
Shulk: Hype explosion, followed by sadness because of the possibility of no Reyn in the final smash.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
I want to get somewhere in life. I would like to have a steady paying job that I enjoy and have a roof over my head before I go chasing after women.
There's a lot of fun things in life, no need to rush a relationship -shrugs-

So I just finished the first book of The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica, Here, There Be Dragons.

AND HOLY ****!

That ending was ****ing worth it. From the beginning of the book to reading throughout I had my reservations and doubts about the book but the ending, oh my god that ending was ****ing worth it. When you finally discover the full names of the various main characters... Just holy ****...

Bert is Herbet George Wells aka the guy who wrote The Time Machine and The War of the Worlds
Jack is C.S. Lewis aka the guy who wrote the Narnia books.
John is ****ing J.R.R. Tolkien! They ****ing guy behind Lord of the Rings.

And there's Charles Williams is I don't know but after looking up, he is a British author as well.

The reason I continued reading the book despite having mixed feelings while I was reading was because of how the author, James A. Owen, kept on combining various forms of literature. First there was the nod to Sherlock Holmes at the beginning of the book with the address 211B Baker Street. then to Avalon. then a slight glimpse at Atlantis. Then Captain Nemo. Then how the Loch Ness Monster got to Scotland. Then Stonehenge. Then Mordred. Then connecting so many prominent people in the works of literature like Shakespeare and Edgar Allen Poe and more. So many different things form so many different sources and the author combined them superbly.

9.5/10 read. Do recommend. Recommend highly in fact.

@ Tangamanga Tangamanga @ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht
-writes down book name- UGH either tomorrow or tuesday I'll buy the kindle, I need it in my life.

The joke still stands dang it! Also, if the starting roster thing is true, I plan on doing a free for match with items on regular Gaur Plain(assuming Gaur Plain is even a starting stage) while playing as Shulk.

History is fun as in learning why stuff happened and who did what, but memorizing stuff makes it 140% more complicated for me, my memory is crap.

D

Deleted member

Well...if we ever decided to face each other we will have a problem.
You see, Ω mode Reset Bomb Forest is clearly the master race here.
Ω mode Reset Bomb Forest has Dark Pit's Theme, right? the Ω mode probably won't have Viridi in the background, so it's worse by default.

There's a lot of fun things in life, no need to rush a relationship -shrugs-
And I don't plan to.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Raises hand. I actually like history.

Yeah, that's the e-shop leak. Life's been eh right now. I have no free time because of my boring as hell job (which I guess is a necessary evil) and I'm starting junior year of high school, which has so much **** in it. It's (supposedly) much harder than other years, and you take drivers ed, and you take the SAT test and you look at colleges.
Literally same LMAOO, I started Jr. year on Monday, already 100x harder than last year for some reason, luckily I already got my permit and my grades have always been good

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Wow, that's really unexpected.

I made a post on miiverse back in 2013 when I was just pointing out that I found smw hard (the truth is, I'm bad at 2d mario platformer and I love 3d one).

Without being aware of it, someone screencaped it and posted on neogaf about the "metroid can't crawl" thing only to get quoted by people being fine.

It's so funny when you google your username.

Here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558712&page=7

One year later, I'm surprised it got there.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Ω mode Reset Bomb Forest has Dark Pit's Theme, right? the Ω mode probably won't have Viridi in the background, so it's worse by default.
Unless there is another Kid Icarus stage, most likely.

And that is correct, I will mostly play on the regular version of the stage. With that said, when playing final destination versions of stages, I will mostly stick to Gaur Plains and Reset Bomb Forest.

Gaur plains because you will know our names, and Reset Bomb Forest for being based on my favorite chapter in Kid Icarus Uprising.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
History was my favorite subject you uncultured swine.
History is useful for taking over the world.
Other than that I found it pretty boring. I guess hearing and making the joke that nothing new ever happens in history over and over again contributed to it.

D

Deleted member

Literally same LMAOO, I started Jr. year on Monday, already 100x harder than last year for some reason, luckily I already got my permit and my grades have always been good
My grades have been fine too, it's just that this year has been built up massively by my sister. I bet once I get a month or so in I'll feel differently, but right now I'm worried about juggling school with the most boring job in the world.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
My grades have been fine too, it's just that this year has been built up massively by my sister. I bet once I get a month or so in I'll feel differently, but right now I'm worried about juggling school with the most boring job in the world.
You'll get used to it soon, no worries.

D

Deleted member

I should probably also mention that my history class this year is an AP class, which just has a lot of homework as well. I guess finding out about stuff is fine and dandy, but the work load is just "ugh" in comparison to all my other classes.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So reactions to trailers and what we will first do in the game?

:4villager: - Neutral. Didn't really react.
:4megaman: - Also neutral. Was intrigued by his moveset though.
:4wiifit: - Lots and lots of laughter.
:rosalina: - Pleasantly surprised by the way the character was made.
:4littlemac: - Intrigued.
:4greninja: - More laughter.
:4mii: - Eh. (though as more time has passed I have warmed up to them more and more)
:4palutena: - Intrigued.
:4pacman: - Eh.
:4lucina::4robinm::4robinf: - Surprised at Lucina. Laughter for Robin because I called them it the day before it happened.
Shulk - Intrigued.

As for first thing I would do. Either training mode or attempt to unlock all characters and stages.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I need to figure out what I'm doing with my life. Right now I'm a college graduate working part time because I am unable to get another job a year after graduating.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So, does anyone know a good way to get rid of unwarranted hate towards a fictional character?

I'm trying to turn negative energy into positive thoughts towards a certain Koopa. I'm not really making any progress.

D

Deleted member

I should probably also mention that my history class this year is an AP class, which just has a lot of homework as well. I guess finding out about stuff is fine and dandy, but the work load is just "ugh" in comparison to all my other classes.
That'll do it. I'm in honors this year, but I can imagine AP is 1,000 times worse.

You'll get used to it soon, no worries.
Oh god I hope so. I don't want to fail school because of my boring job, or get fired because of focusing on school.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, does anyone know a good way to get rid of unwarranted hate towards a fictional character?

I'm trying to turn negative energy into positive thoughts towards a certain Koopa. I'm not really making any progress.
And the wrong bash I see for him to praise Paper Mario really makes me feel bad because it makes this situation worse for you and quite bad for me.

Really, it's annoying that I have to deal with this.

D

Deleted member

That'll do it. I'm in honors this year, but I can imagine AP is 1,000 times worse.

Oh god I hope so. I don't want to fail school because of my boring job, or get fired because of focusing on school.
AP US history is also the reason that I'm afraid that Smash 3DS is releasing in the middle of the semester. I'm concerned for the well being of my grades. I have no problem with any other class though.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

R34
Try spending some time with this fictional character and create a more intimate understanding of them. It's important to be tolerant, to understand their needs. I suggest you show some empathy, put yourself in their shoes. If all this fails, understand that it's impossible for everyone to get along, but as long as you show tolerance all should be good.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
What else would be in a bee's nest?
SKY BEES!!!
I want to get somewhere in life. I would like to have a steady paying job that I enjoy and have a roof over my head before I go chasing after women.
Most of the people I know who are very successful and got to fulfill their dreams dated in highschool. The two aren't at all mutually exclusive. The two aren't even hard to juggle, even if you have trouble with or are really invested in school. And I mean, if you really don't want to date you don't have to, but it helps a LOT later on if you get experience when you're younger.

And not to get dark, but most people I know who had that sort of "school to the exclusion of other things" attitude got hit with major depression somewhere mid college, deeply regretted their life decisions, and found that their attitude really didn't help them in the long run. Not to say there aren't people who are satisfied with burying themselves in their studies/work for the first half of their life, but more often that ends up biting people in the ***.

This has been another installment of random real talk with random guy on the internet.

D

Deleted member

Messenger is shutting down in October 31 in China. FYI, it was discontinued last year for other countries. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Most of the people I know who are very successful and got to fulfill their dreams dated in highschool. The two aren't at all mutually exclusive. The two aren't even hard to juggle, even if you have trouble with or are really invested in school. And I mean, if you really don't want to date you don't have to, but it helps a LOT later on if you get experience when you're younger.

And not to get dark, but most people I know who had that sort of "school to the exclusion of other things" attitude got hit with major depression somewhere mid college, deeply regretted their life decisions, and found that their attitude really didn't help them in the long run. Not to say there aren't people who are satisfied with burying themselves in their studies/work for the first half of their life, but more often that ends up biting people in the ***.

This has been another installment of random real talk with random guy on the internet.
I honestly could give less f*** about women right now. I'm already nervous enough about school and have no social life. I don't feel like ruining that. Maybe the media has tainted my image about dating, maybe I don't feel like approaching anyone for whatever reason, but I honestly could care less.

Well if a rapping dog says so...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

A basic method is to let go of any bias for a few seconds, and try to dissect any positives out of it.

It's harder then it sounds, and it varies on the actual character, but it's a step forward.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
R34
Try spending some time with this fictional character and create a more intimate understanding of them. It's important to be tolerant, to understand their needs. I suggest you show some empathy, put yourself in their shoes. If all this fails, understand that it's impossible for everyone to get along, but as long as you show tolerance all should be good.
Pedofurryphillysammich? No thanks.
I'm failing to find any redeemable quality in a snot nosed brat of a character who also bears characteristics similar to Scrappy Doo.

Then again, this is a Mario character.
And the wrong bash I see for him to praise Paper Mario really makes me feel bad because it makes this situation worse for you and quite bad for me.

Really, it's annoying that I have to deal with this.
...English?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom