• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My only problem with the roster is the lack of either the Chorus Kids (or some other rhythm-based character) or Paper Mario.
Mostly because I love Paper Mario and I would love a music-based moveset.

Other than that, my goal is still to be a master Little Mac.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Let's play the DLC Game.

Decomposing Lizard Carcass
Dubious Libel Charges
Damn Lanky Chimp
Dormant Lurking Creature
Doing Lovely Ceramics

Go!
Dank Lumpy Cysts.

So you're saying we can't have an even more zero-er zero suit?
Lame.

Swimsuit DLC... I'll also buy Zero-suit DLC too.
If everyone gets a swimsuit and everyone gets a zerosuit I will be happy.

Everyone will love Zero-Suit Game and Watch.
If her suit was any Zero-er, it's just be two dimes and a Dorito attached to some string.

Soul.

It's just that, Pikachu's DownB and NeutralB annoy me a lot when spammed, the voice grates on my nerves, a lot.
nonono Soul stop giving them ideas! :scared:
You're gonna have to keep hearing those sounds. Pikachu wants to K.O early: Great Thunder happened. Thunder Jolt is a decent projectile.
I was just asking if it's DLC. :urg:
Apparently, there's a Smash Bros. roundtable starting in 5 minutes...I heard that from the leak thread on the 3DS boards.
It's not going to be streamed.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If her suit was any Zero-er, it's just be two dimes and a Dorito attached to some string.
I see no issue.
That's probably canon in one of the games, I'm sure.

*Doesn't think about how my friends call me hipster*

Yeah beat up all those hipster Miis. :nervous:
You haven't done anything to annoy the hell out of me for the sake of being "ironic" so you're okay.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd play as Dr. Mario (well, if he was playable) to troll users online. :troll:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
My only problem with the roster is the lack of either the Chorus Kids (or some other rhythm-based character) or Paper Mario.
Mostly because I love Paper Mario and I would love a music-based moveset.

Other than that, my goal is still to be a master Little Mac.
Well, you can still hope for Paper Mario (and frankly, you should).

But I don't know what's the relation to Paper Mario and music. I want great music, but I think you meant action commands or so.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
You're gonna have to keep hearing those sounds. Pikachu wants to K.O early: Great Thunder happened. Thunder Jolt is a decent projectile.
Apparently, there's a Smash Bros. roundtable starting in 5 minutes...I heard that from the leak thread on the 3DS boards.
Pikachu's moveset is pretty cool, and he's a fancy character, but geez; there was this one time I did a brawl online match with two pikachus, they both kept spamming neutral B and I was lagging like crazy so I couldn't do anything but keep listening to the "Pikachuu" as if it were a broken record. Traumatizing stuff right there, I tell ya.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well, you can still hope for Paper Mario (and frankly, you should).

But I don't know what's the relation to Paper Mario and music. I want great music, but I think you meant action commands or so.
...The music part was referring to the Chorus Kids.

D

Deleted member

Well he blatantly pulled off a Brawl roar in Shulk's trailer, so it seems to be the case.

I think I might actually like Jr. if he sounds like an angry raptor or something. :troll:

Speaking of, am I the only one that's glad Bowser and DK still use "realistic animal noises?" Most seem to dislike them.
I'm completely fine with the animal noises.

It's just that you're reminding me a lot of several people I know who ended up in very dark places, and I find it concerning.
And this is exactly my problem. I am determined not to be that 30 year old nothing who still hasn't moved out. Everyone says I'll be fine, because I work hard at school without having to be pushed to do my work, but it's not reassuring at all. When I'm not at school I just laze around all day using the internet and playing video games.

Also, you want coffee?

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
During the one roundtable, didn't we have a guy that was posting on his phone? And that event wasn't streamed. So because that happened, we got confirmation on Pac-Man a couple hours early. I don't suppose something like that could happen again.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well...
Hey, why not follow it?
Might get some interesting tidbits. Like Nintendo yelling at the audience for being assholes and spreading the leak.

Soul.

Pikachu's moveset is pretty cool, and he's a fancy character, but geez; there was this one time I did a brawl online match with two pikachus, they both kept spamming neutral B and I was lagging like crazy so I couldn't do anything but keep listening to the "Pikachuu" as if it were a broken record. Traumatizing stuff right there, I tell ya.
Thunder spamming is not good. Thunder Jolt spamming isn't good unless it's to disrupt the opponent's attacks in the air like Falco. The move is kinda pointless in Free-For-Alls.
I wonder what does the spam think about Pikachu's moveset.
Well...
Hey, why not follow it?
Might get some interesting tidbits. Like Nintendo yelling at the audience for being *******s and spreading the leak.
Or like Nintendo announcing the New 3DS and a Deluxe DLC of Smash 3DS. :troll:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Today at the roundtable, I can see it.

"3DS demo on the eShop. The catch? You have to play as Shy Guy. In his cart. From Mario Kart DS."

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So I played Nintendo Monopoly, and was disappointed that the game money wasn't called Nintendough.
I have Nintendo Monopoly. It bothers me that the Master Sword is called Zelda's Sword and that the S.S. Dolphin is called Pikmin's Rocket.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I'm completely fine with the animal noises.

And this is exactly my problem. I am determined not to be that 30 year old nothing who still hasn't moved out. Everyone says I'll be fine, because I work hard at school without having to be pushed to do my work, but it's not reassuring at all. When I'm not at school I just laze around all day using the internet and playing video games.

Also, you want coffee?
If feel like we're talking about different sorts of dark places.

Also, coffee is a disgusting abomination.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
A 4chan post from someone who allegedly attended the Smash press roundtable thing @ PAX says:

-The roster in the CSS leak (45 + 3 Costume Clones + 3 Mii Classes) is the final launch roster;
-But on the other hand, DLC is in the works, news of which will start to surface around the Wii U release window;
-They couldn't secure the rights from Konami for whatever reason(s), hence no Snake;
-Dr. Mario was added for Melee nostalgia, and Dark Pit for popularity (though both were late clone additions a la Lucina);
-Considered characters during development have included Mewtwo (with Megas), Blaziken (with Megas), Dixie Kong, Chrom, Chorus Men, and Hanafuda (Daitoryo);
-Ice Climbers were cut due to framerate issues and hardware problems they were causing on the 3DS, but it was hinted at the panel that they may be high-priority for DLC inclusion.

This all seems plausible, as it lines up with everything we know. We know that Chrom was once considered by Sakurai before he opted for Robin, and that Gematsu had both Chrom and Chorus Men (showing that these were early roster candidates that were later scrapped, and Sal's tipper had seen this early material). I surmise Blaziken was one of the "new Pokemon" candidates considered (and they ended up choosing Greninja). Also cool that they considered Dixie and Daitoryo.

As far as DLC is concerned, I'd like Ice Climbers and Mewtwo at minimum. The ideal package would be one for each system:

-Three characters for both systems(Ice Climbers, Mewtwo, Newcomer);
-2-3 Stages for either system (System-unique and/or Classic);
-Maybe a couple of system-exclusive items/trophies/Assists/Stage Builder assets/miscellanea

As much as the losses of Wolf and Lucas are unfortunate, Ice Climbers is harder to swallow since they were a unique Smash staple. And Mewtwo is Mewtwo; they say he sucks in Melee, but a reworking/retooling is certainly not impossible, and he's badass as a character. As for Newcomers, Chorus Men could be cool, though anyone non-cloney would be sweet.

So that's the newest in Smash Leaks for the Social Thread plebeians. Discuss, if you care to.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
A 4chan post from someone who allegedly attended the Smash press roundtable thing @ PAX says:

-The roster in the CSS leak (45 + 3 Costume Clones + 3 Mii Classes) is the final launch roster;
-But on the other hand, DLC is in the works, news of which will start to surface around the Wii U release window;
-They couldn't secure the rights from Konami for whatever reason(s), hence no Snake;
-Dr. Mario was added for Melee nostalgia, and Dark Pit for popularity (though both were late clone additions a la Lucina);
-Considered characters during development have included Mewtwo (with Megas), Blaziken (with Megas), Dixie Kong, Chrom, Chorus Men, and Hanafuda (Daitoryo);
-Ice Climbers were cut due to framerate issues and hardware problems they were causing on the 3DS, but it was hinted at the panel that they may be high-priority for DLC inclusion.

This all seems plausible, as it lines up with everything we know. We know that Chrom was once considered by Sakurai before he opted for Robin, and that Gematsu had both Chrom and Chorus Men (showing that these were early roster candidates that were later scrapped, and Sal's tipper had seen this early material). I surmise Blaziken was one of the "new Pokemon" candidates considered (and they ended up choosing Greninja). Also cool that they considered Dixie and Daitoryo.

As far as DLC is concerned, I'd like Ice Climbers and Mewtwo at minimum. The ideal package would be one for each system:

-Maybe a couple of system-exclusive items/trophies/Assists/Stage Builder assets/miscellanea

As much as the losses of Wolf and Lucas are unfortunate, Ice Climbers is harder to swallow since they were a unique Smash staple. And Mewtwo is Mewtwo; they say he sucks in Melee, but a reworking/retooling is certainly not impossible, and he's badass as a character. As for Newcomers, Chorus Men could be cool, though anyone non-cloney would be sweet.

So that's the newest in Smash Leaks for the Social Thread plebeians. Discuss, if you care to.
If this is real, for ****'s sake stop considering Mewtwo and put him in!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I keep hearing about this roundtable and I think I really need to ask this question:

If the info you told was THAT MUCH confidential to prevent people from telling others via NDA, then tell me:

Why did you told the press at all?

Like, I won't know until 9/13 like others, I don't see the point of telling to some people, but prevent them from sharing the info while in any case, we would still know on 9/13.

So, what's the point of doing a roundtable in this case?

The only reason I came was that they like the press, but that's kinda more stupid for a reason.

I mean there has to be a reason to not just shut up and hide everything until 9/13.

Soul.

Oh, lol, so Ice Climbers are high-priority DLC....wait, what. DLC is in the works?
If this is true, then no more "3DS ruined the Ice Climbers" thing.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
If this is real, for ****'s sake stop considering Mewtwo and put him in!
This is probably the most conservative view I'll have on a leak, but if someone claims final roster without Ridley, that's fake for me.

Sorry, but my opinion on his tease is very conservative that you would need a very good reason to talk about it (you would need to refute a 5 hours essay).

Also, question:

How he would even got into the room if he's on NDA?

Remember that only press got there and you know what it makes to break an NDA? I think you get blacklisted like you loose your job and your reputation for life.

Not going to do this risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom