• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
How many of you guys were also around here during the pre-brawl times?
Also, for those who were, what moments stick with you the most? i know mine were my first encounter with the Ridley fanbase (not exactly a bad thing) "up until now", and the reveals of Lucas, Ike, Red, and the Delphino Plaza stage :colorful:
OH and the infamous screw up that revealed Ness, Lucario, and Jiggz
'Ridley is in the clouds!'
Up until now-fiasco.
'Krystal is playable because her VA said she had a role in Brawl!'
The same screw-up.
The salt after the leaked roster turned out to be true. Dem Ridley-tears, dem Geno-tears, dem Krystal-tears.

D

Deleted member

How many of you guys were also around here during the pre-brawl times?
Also, for those who were, what moments stick with you the most? i know mine were my first encounter with the Ridley fanbase (not exactly a bad thing) "up until now", and the reveals of Lucas, Ike, Red, and the Delphino Plaza stage :colorful:
OH and the infamous screw up that revealed Ness, Lucario, and Jiggz
I wasn't around sadly. I wasn't even allowed to get Brawl for a while.

As for Smash 4, things that will stick with me will be:
  • Wii Fit Trainer's reveal
  • Gematsu
  • E3 2014 in general
  • The Smash Direct
  • Ike's reveal (only topped by Shulk in terms of hype for me)
  • Wario not being revealed despite obviously being in the game
  • Disregarding the CSS Leak at first
  • Those video leaks
  • Ganondorf being leaked in that 5 minute gameplay thing. Seriously Nintendo?

D

Deleted member

• Gematsu
  • E3 2014 in general
  • The Smash Direct
  • Those video leaks
Why the hell was Ike's reveal so hype anyway?
Anyway here are some things that'll stick with me:
  • The initial reveal of the game
  • Mega Man, Shulk, Greninja, and Little Mac's trailers
  • Luigi's nose
  • The Smash 4 Invitational (and by extension SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT!!!!!)
  • The hype in general

Last edited by a moderator:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

• Gematsu
  • E3 2014 in general
  • The Smash Direct
  • Those video leaks
Gematsu indeed and the FE trailer.
Palutena 'leak'.
Palutena trailer.
CSS leaks.
My tears of sorrow when it turned out ICs were not in the game.
My tears of joy when it turned out Bowser Jr. was in the game.

This time has been less memorable for me. Maybe because I'm older and went through this before already.

Last edited:

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
man im feeling so nostalgic~ you know its funny....i do remember the "clouds" crap that went on but i dont remember the Krystal VA bit....i've always disliked the idea of her in smash so maybe i turned a blind eye to it *shrugs*
From this game what i will take away is........
the HYPE of the first official trailer
the salt of WiiFit Trainer
Palutena "leak"
Gematsu
Phyrosphere

D

Deleted member

Why the hell was Ike's reveal so hype anyway?
Mainly the timing of it. I wasn't expecting a character, and Ike was one of those characters that some people considered "expendable." I didn't use him too much, but my brother and friend did. The night before, I went on a massive rant about the "replace Ike with Chrom" thing, so it felt extremely satisfying to wake up and see "Challenger Approaching!" with Ike's face.

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
Mainly the timing of it. I wasn't expecting a character, and Ike was one of those characters that some people considered "expendable." I didn't use him too much, but my brother and friend did. The night before, I went on a massive rant about the "replace Ike with Chrom" thing, so it felt extremely satisfying to wake up and see "Challenger Approaching!" with Ike's face.
I guess i could say the same with Dr.Mario...

Just seeing him back is like 100 rainbows filled with pills just landed on my head.

D

Deleted member

U got sumthin 2 say m8 then say it.
I guess that makes sense. I shared in the hype too but looking back on it I didn't really undertsand why he was more hyped than any other vet.

D

Deleted member

I blame Chrom/Gematsu for hyping Ike's reveal.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Highlights of Smash Hype for me:

- Wii Fit Trainer's reveal: I thought it was a troll video the whole day so I didn't click it until the afternoon. Then when I saw it, I fell in love with the character.
- Rosalina's trailer: It didn't have the Smash opening in the beginning so everyone was so confused as to what was going on, Mario Kart guest characters? New Kirby air ride? NOPE Rosalina & Luma in the house! also a surprise!
- Smash Direct: I left school for it early and it was really hype! Greninja left me so surprised!
- Gematsu's demise: After everyone (mostly everyone) being certain that the Gematsu leak was real, seeing Chrom lay on the floor dead was the most surprising thing yet! Also a confusing trailer because we did not know for a whole day for sure if Lucina was her own character.
- ESRB leak: The "Brawl leak" of 2014. People fight against it because of the crazy characters (most people looking at DHD and saying nopenopenope, meanwhile theres two clones and no one cares >_>) but having it proven real within the weak it was leaked and then adding Shulk's legit art into the mix right after!

also, I found this

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
For Smash 4, it will be:
  • E3 2013.
  • When Wii Fit Trainer got revealed.
  • The day Olimar got revealed (I never thought I would be so happy for a veteran we all know would be in).
  • The day I finally joined Smashboards.
  • The day Little Mac got in.
  • April's Smash Direct.
  • The time I stood for two-three hours just to play the Smash demo.
  • The day Gematsu became fake.
  • The day Dr. Mario got in.

D

Deleted member

I don't have an excuse to repost this trailer, but since it's so hype, most of you will still watch it anyways.
I've already seen it at least 20 some times, as I do every trailer. I took this as an excuse to watch it again right now. All the time is Shulk time at the moment.

D

Deleted member

That's actually kind of funny.
  • The time I stood for two-three hours just to play the Smash demo.
Oh god, I can't believe I forgot about that. That day was awesome. The day before, I got news that I'd only have to take 3 of my exams, so I had almost a week off from school the next week. My 3DS died when I was battling someone in Pokemon, but just standing and talking was pretty fun too. And actually getting to play the game was quite fun too. I preordered at the event due to hype, but I'm kind of regretting it now, because Best Buy is 20 minutes from my house, as opposed to Gamestop, which is 100 feet from where I work. only reason I haven't canceled is I might get the coin.

D

Deleted member

Preach it!

Also, out of all the characters, who do you guys think had the least hype in it? I'd have to say Little Mac. As soon as his trailer started I immediately knew it was him -_-
If we're talking in terms of obviousness, then I'd say Palutena, but seeing as how the only trailer I saw live was Robin's, I can't really judge.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
That's actually kind of funny.

Oh god, I can't believe I forgot about that. That day was awesome. The day before, I got news that I'd only have to take 3 of my exams, so I had almost a week off from school the next week. My 3DS died when I was battling someone in Pokemon, but just standing and talking was pretty fun too. And actually getting to play the game was quite fun too. I preordered at the event due to hype, but I'm kind of regretting it now, because Best Buy is 20 minutes from my house, as opposed to Gamestop, which is 100 feet from where I work. only reason I haven't canceled is I might get the coin.
I wish I got to play the Smash demo at best buy, but it was too far away :(

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Highlights of Smash Hype for me:

- Wii Fit Trainer's reveal: I thought it was a troll video the whole day so I didn't click it until the afternoon. Then when I saw it, I fell in love with the character.
- Rosalina's trailer: It didn't have the Smash opening in the beginning so everyone was so confused as to what was going on, Mario Kart guest characters? New Kirby air ride? NOPE Rosalina & Luma in the house! also a surprise!
- Smash Direct: I left school for it early and it was really hype! Greninja left me so surprised!
- Gematsu's demise: After everyone (mostly everyone) being certain that the Gematsu leak was real, seeing Chrom lay on the floor dead was the most surprising thing yet! Also a confusing trailer because we did not know for a whole day for sure if Lucina was her own character.
- ESRB leak: The "Brawl leak" of 2014. People fight against it because of the crazy characters (most people looking at DHD and saying nopenopenope, meanwhile theres two clones and no one cares >_>) but having it proven real within the weak it was leaked and then adding Shulk's legit art into the mix right after!

also, I found this
Why is that pic so true?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Neither, I just though the reveal trailer was, well, bad.
But that was made by the studio that made Madoka Magica. Kermit's gonna get real mad at you for saying that.

I think Pac Man had the worst trailer, not because I didn't like the character, but because the only CGI was like 7 seconds.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Admittedly, I didn't care much for Palutena's trailer either.

My favorite however was WFT's. Simply because of the reactions everyone had.

D

Deleted member

But that was made by the studio that made Madoka Magica. Kermit's gonna get real mad at you for saying that.

I think Pac Man had the worst trailer, not because I didn't like the character, but because the only CGI was like 7 seconds.
Well, TIL.
I just thought the animated segments were lackluster in comparison to the comic book style of Little Mac's or the FE style of Robin's/Lucina's, the dialogue was cringeworthy, and it was incredibly obvious who the trailer was for and there was no buildup at all, and while the same is true for Little Mac's, at least that one made up for it in hype.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Well, TIL.
I just thought the animated segments were lackluster in comparison to the comic book style of Little Mac's or the FE style of Robin's/Lucina's, the dialogue was cringeworthy, and it was incredibly obvious who the trailer was for and there was no buildup at all, and while the same is true for Little Mac's, at least that one made up for it in hype.
All these points are true.
When it comes to pure surprise, it has to be either Wii Fit Trainer's or Greninja's.

D

Deleted member

Palutena's Trailer =/= Madoka Magica. I'm not going to get mad.

It's kind of like saying I'd get mad at someone for hating Cars 2 because it's made by the same people who made Toy Story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom