• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
You know what's funny? I only made one character (Aspyr) yet haven't planned any supporting characters or enemies. lol
Aspyr? Either you're talking about a form of autism or a Mac software publishing company. :troll:

I just realized it's a corruption of esper, but wth.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know what's funny? I only made one character (Aspyr) yet haven't planned any supporting characters or enemies. lol
I've made up plenty of characters in the past, though I have to reboot them with more up-to-date designs. I'm starting with animals and creatures while leaving the humans until later uses when I'm better at drawing human anatomy.

Soul.

Almost everyone on GameXplain's Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS video on YouTube is complaining about the new 3DS....eh..
The game was made on the new 3DS because of its better CPU. You're still going to be able to play normal 3DS games.
inb4 Smash 3DS has a "Deluxe" DLC in that Ice Climbers are in the game. Problem solved, no one blames the 3DS. How would it work?
Get Smash 3DS, buy the Deluxe DLC (New 3DS exclusive :troll:), and there you go, Ice Climbers confirmed.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So i'm having an artist's block.
I can't decide what outfit i want this girl to wear. -_-

WHY CAN'T I THINK OF ANYTHING?!
Dude, just put her in a school girl outfit. Literally all of my drawings are of girls in school uniforms... I can't draw boys. Only girls. Only girls... in school girl uniforms.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Monster Girls and Kemonomimi > Furries. After all, they at least have human parts or bodies.

Last edited:

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
Put her in a Zero Suit.
I normally draw them in a zero suit format before i clothe them.
Because i normall use a zero suit samus model as a basis.
.try something like Rouge or Peach's outfit.
I thought of rouge, but then i didn't want people to think im a furry.
And peach's dress would have been a good idea. but i already spammed flowers all over her in rage of not being able to think of anything.

D

Deleted member

Aspyr? Either you're talking about a form of autism or a Mac software publishing company. :troll:

I just realized it's a corruption of esper, but wth.
LOL. The Mac publishing company would sue me because of the character having the ''Aspyr'' name. :troll:

I've made up plenty of characters in the past, though I have to reboot them with more up-to-date designs. I'm starting with animals and creatures while leaving the humans until later uses when I'm better at drawing human anatomy.
Yeah. I only draw humans when doing sketches and stuff like that. It's pretty hard to draw them, atleast for me.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
They key's for the notes are very similar. Famicom start up is in F while Paper Mario is in B-flat. While there are differences in Key's. (where the song's first note is and there being a 2 and 1/2 step) The notes that each key use are very similar. The main difference being that F uses E natural and B flat uses E flat. (the key of F starts at F and goes F-G-A-Bflat-C-D-E back to F)

Famicom start up uses the fifth note in its key to start the song (in this case being C). The Fifth note is typically a very strong sound in a key. Then jumps from C to F to B flat. Making two P4 jumps. (P4 is the same as the first two notes in amazing grace P4=Perfect 4= 2 and a half steps on a piano) P4 isn't as powerful of a sound as a P5 (Starwars theme dun-dun-dun-DUUUUN-DUUUNN if that helps hahaha P5= 3 and 1/2 steps) it is one of the most audible and recognizable jumps in music theory.

Paper Mario starts off with a P5 Starting at B-flat (which was used to end the 2 P4 jumps that was made in Famicom) and then goes to F where the the first P4 of Famicom ended. They use similar notes. Also they both use minors. When Famicom sounds like its going up... I guess is the best way to put it hahahaha. The song uses a note outside of the key to emulate it. It uses an E flat.(another note that is native in B-flats Key) and Paper Mario uses a G-flat when it sounds like its going down. That one has nothing to do with the key of F hahaha. Just a technique that specific song uses in the second section of the song.

I know this is all really complicated. Took me a while to decipher the similarities between the two. If I wanted to spend the rest of my week on this I could find out what the chord structure and progressions are for each song to find even more similarities/ differences and where those structures (while comprised of different notes) are within their respective key. Basically finding that a jump from C to E to G sound the same as a jump from A flat to C to E flat. Just in a different pitch. Just in a different Key signature.
I did not expect to have a so much detailed proof, but I'm glad you told me this now.

Because if I got this right, the song from a global perspective follows a very similar melody, but the pitch and the notes used aren't the EXACT same, but made in the same purpose.

So, I'm going to ask you a question to clear me any doubts on this:

Do you think that they would do the main theme of TTYD based on this melody in a complete different way while stil keeping the core structure as a base?

Because there is an easter egg about the famicom startup in TTYD. I found it weird since the GC BIOS already has an easter egg about it. Then I actually realised that they would sounds similar and to think that we believe in you mario main melody being based on NES beeps, that's quite amazing in inspiration.

Which is why I'm curious tough. While I'm there, this one should be even more obvious but more intriguing.

This:

Would be similar to this?

This one, I swear if you tell me I was right...that would be VERY interesting.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I normally draw them in a zero suit format before i clothe them.
Because i normall use a zero suit samus model as a basis.

I thought of rouge, but then i didn't want people to think im a furry.
And peach's dress would have been a good idea. but i already spammed flowers all over her in rage of not being able to think of anything.
If not Rouge's outfit then Krystal's.

Unwavering_Canadian

Smash Apprentice
I know how you feel. I live in Winnipeg.
What??? Here in Winnipeg we have tri-weekly tournaments with 50+ attendants. We stream, have rankings for melee, have a solid pm community with tournaments every week, and we travel to neighboring provinces to take other people's monies. There are like 300 people in our fb group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/wpgsmash/ Message me if you wanna play.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Is it wrong for me to find centaurs the most beautiful creature in existence or want to date them? :troll:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Shout-outs to my main mang @Moon Monkey for the awesome avatar. We found a 'leaked' picture of Dixie Kong somewhere, and she had the derpiest-looking face. Seriously, it was a close approximation to what you see above. Somehow, 'shopped pics of Mitt Romney came up during the course of our Skype call, and lo, history was made.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom