• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Is it sad that I went to GameStop today to find out when is the earliest I can preorder dat new 3DS model? To make me feel better about that, I also picked up a $50 prepaid eShop card there.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I will say, I'm kinda sad I can't go to the Shulk thread on character boards because of spoilers for Xenoblade. I would really like to talk to all the shulk mains. :(

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Sakurai doesn't seem that the type of guy to intentionally hide stuff in trailers, especially for severe straw grasping like I've been seeing.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Bleh, Nintendo sure knows how to take my money. That new 3DS won't show up outside of Japan until next year and I'll have Smash long before that. Guess I'll be keeping the new XL since my old 3DS' shoulder buttons are shot.

Does anyone know why saved data for downloaded games don't transfer between systems? When I moved my data to the XL I had to redownload everything and replay through everything. I had just 100%'d Kirby's Adventure too... If there's no way to fix it, I may as well not play through any of them until the new system releases.

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
So i'm having an artist's block.
I can't decide what outfit i want this girl to wear. -_-

WHY CAN'T I THINK OF ANYTHING?!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Saw someone bring up stage builder. I think we've already seen it actually. This stage was in the Mii Fighter trailer. Same aesthetics as Palutena's Temple but a completely different layout. I'm thinking stage builder will be Wii U exclusive. If this is indeed stage builder, it looks like there is a lot more variety in options.
kid icaus stage.JPG

D

Deleted member

You know what's funny? I only made one character (Aspyr) yet haven't planned any supporting characters or enemies. lol

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Does anyone know about that media event GameXplain is going to where they can play the final version of the 3DS game? Any details yet?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Does anyone know about that media event GameXplain is going to where they can play the final version of the 3DS game? Any details yet?
We probably won't get the deets until after it's done since y'know... it's a closed event.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So, since I had to process quite a big batch of info and think what they changes, I'm just going to post it here. Also, I actually found that the leak would imo weirdly allude to Paper Mario (I found this so weird to happen, but it;s not clear).

Listen to this to calm your mind and process those info:

Ok, so now, the leak is 99.999999999999999% confirmed. Like, unless it was an almost finished version, the render is the exact one for shulk.

The 3ds JP trailer confirmed lots of stages and all of them were in the leak. Side note, they showed the FD form of the Paper Mario stage as the grass of hither tither hill (1:21 in the youtube video). Tough, that's not the evidence I'm talking about (but it was an hit and run like the beginning and August 20 so kinda support, but not clear).

The CD as ost...I forgot to mention: music encoded in CD is the best quality on computer. I think it might be better than wav, but I'm not sure and I know that listening to tracks on CD is really perfect to their original. So, seeing a TTYD music (now, I badly want wiiu music, like it would just be the best thing ever) on a CD is really awesome. No, it's
Was going to buy both before anyway so that's a great reason to be even more convinced to throw my money (an ost that much diverse on the best quality to play on a cd player really worth that much money).

I don't think I saw a deconfirmatin (don't consider the brain age AT as deconfirmed because who would expect that?). Tough, I just want to bring up something: they did NOT show the Paper Mario stage icon while in the same video, they did for the 3d land and rainbow road (the later was done twice). Even more surprising, they showed once the icon of rainbow road before the FD form of Paper Mario stage was showed in the same section without even showing the name and the icon while the name was confirmed 9 days ago!!! That's quite something, but other stages was showed without their name, but most of them has an unknown one. This is fishy tbh.

But, this is where it gets into solid case. Just to remind you, you see on the first row of the leak that I need to remind you is NOT final those characters in order: Mario - Lugi - Peach - Bowser - YOSHI??? - Rosalina - Bowser JR.

Why yoshi is there? I don't doubt the repping of jr as mario character (origin: mario sunshine and smg so I don't doubt his repping). Rosalina and the rest are mario EXCEPT YOSHI!!!

Let me be blatantly honest: it doesn't make any sense. Or maybe...it would, but under certain circumstances?

To remind you, as you would unlock characters, you would see the roster slot "move". What if yoshi was made to go away and let the group assembled, but only if you unlock someone?

Just seems weird to have the Paper Mario tease at the same time...

If I consider a 54 slot -1 for random, getting 5 newcomers is enough for him even after adding what people wants the most (KKR, Ridley and mewtwo). 2 spot left, you could take the last for ice climbers (I don't really think they are done because polar bear).

So, nothing said [deconfirmed] and it's not even far fetched to happen. Snake being cut isn't really surprising, but lucas and wolf would have been in the most danger imo (but I didn't think they were cut).

As for the icon, the more and more we don't know, the farther from [deconfirmed] he is. Seriously, we are 2 weeks before release and they still have a ton to say. I even expect a US direct and one last trailer the week of the release because they can't cover everything in potd.

So, here's a thing I would like that people listen: if you're on a support thread that experienced like mine a decrease in activity due to the leak, take this time to just think. Really, nothing is announced on week end so just take this time to relax and think about your most wanted because we are so close to get everyone else killed with a shotgun. It won't be beautiful and there might be drama so just prepare for every outcome and view the game generally.

With that said, I'm really hype since I'm going to beat TTYD and maybe start SPM tomorrow if I beat said game this night. I can't wait to read the famous story that people keep prasing and makes me too much tempted to know while I don't want to know (Do not spoil me, but the only thing I know is the dimentio thing I shall not say because of ultimate show picking my curiosity).

So, hype whatever happens!

:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

Oh btw, since you seem to know more in music @ Cap'nChreest Cap'nChreest , I want to know your opinion:

Does this melody only pattern:

is similar or matching this one? (also, not taking care about the speed, just the notes and their pattern):

I tough it was a perfect match and i was very curious about it considering the melody of intro story is reused in the famous "We believe in you, Mario!"
They key's for the notes are very similar. Famicom start up is in F while Paper Mario is in B-flat. While there are differences in Key's. (where the song's first note is and there being a 2 and 1/2 step) The notes that each key use are very similar. The main difference being that F uses E natural and B flat uses E flat. (the key of F starts at F and goes F-G-A-Bflat-C-D-E back to F)

Famicom start up uses the fifth note in its key to start the song (in this case being C). The Fifth note is typically a very strong sound in a key. Then jumps from C to F to B flat. Making two P4 jumps. (P4 is the same as the first two notes in amazing grace P4=Perfect 4= 2 and a half steps on a piano) P4 isn't as powerful of a sound as a P5 (Starwars theme dun-dun-dun-DUUUUN-DUUUNN if that helps hahaha P5= 3 and 1/2 steps) it is one of the most audible and recognizable jumps in music theory.

Paper Mario starts off with a P5 Starting at B-flat (which was used to end the 2 P4 jumps that was made in Famicom) and then goes to F where the the first P4 of Famicom ended. They use similar notes. Also they both use minors. When Famicom sounds like its going up... I guess is the best way to put it hahahaha. The song uses a note outside of the key to emulate it. It uses an E flat.(another note that is native in B-flats Key) and Paper Mario uses a G-flat when it sounds like its going down. That one has nothing to do with the key of F hahaha. Just a technique that specific song uses in the second section of the song.

I know this is all really complicated. Took me a while to decipher the similarities between the two. If I wanted to spend the rest of my week on this I could find out what the chord structure and progressions are for each song to find even more similarities/ differences and where those structures (while comprised of different notes) are within their respective key. Basically finding that a jump from C to E to G sound the same as a jump from A flat to C to E flat. Just in a different pitch. Just in a different Key signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom