• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
Being incredibly easy to implement?
This makes sense, if you think about it.

HAL Laboratories were present in the making of Melee, so, even though Sakurai worked on Melee, it might be more difficult to get his files back from the Melee days for conversation into Smash than we're all thinking. Remember, HAL Laboratories is now no longer present in Smash Bros development.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The Troll Gang: Bowser Jr., Shulk, Duck Hunt Dog, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit. :troll:
Oh come on, Shulk was just strolling by collecting Dance Apples and Cool Potatoes and all of a sudden Ganondorf and Charizard decided to be jerks about it and attack Shulk for the hell of it. Now he's wedged in between a bunch of weirdos and rejects because of it!?

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Best DLC ever.
I wonder if that Zelda Cup will have Hyrule tracks? I'd crap my pants in excitement if I got to race through the twisted hallways of the Forest Temple.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Oh come on, Shulk was just strolling by collecting Dance Apples and Cool Potatoes and all of a sudden Ganondorf and Charizard decided to be jerks about it and attack Shulk for the hell of it. Now he's wedged in between a bunch of weirdos and rejects because of it!?
The heart-to-heart with ganondorf seems to have gone terribly wrong.
12$? that's a pretty good deal, i guess Hyrule Warriors was probably gonna have to wait anyway.

R0Y

Smash Master
Best DLC ever.
I wonder if that Zelda Cup will have Hyrule tracks? I'd crap my pants in excitement if I got to race through the twisted hallways of the Forest Temple.
I imagine it's not just Zelda courses though because of the F-Zero course picture and excite bite pictures in the collage.

Maybe the Zelda and Animal Crossing cups respectively are the non-Mario courses, and the Yoshi Egg and Super Bell are new Mario courses, like that "Wario's Gold Mine" track.

R0Y

Smash Master
The heart-to-heart with ganondorf seems to have gone terribly wrong.

12$? that's a pretty good deal, i guess Hyrule Warriors was probably gonna have to wait anyway.
Remember that you only get the Yoshi and Shy Guy skins ahead of time for pre-ordering, and the course packs arrive in November and May. I won't do it right away but before November, definitely.

Btw why the 27th of August guys? Date Super Mario Kart was release in 1992 in Japan.

EDIT: Sorry for double post!

Last edited:

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
Oh dear, an in-joke has now gotten quite out of hand.

I used to use the tag "Back" when in-game for Smash. However, since I use a Medli skin over my Toon Link, I once just had my tag as "Bird", joking referring to the fact that Medli is, well. A bird.

I started to use it more and more when not using that skin and I may have just used it when I was against a friend, who suggested I should use it at the next tournament I'm heading to tomorrow...

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
That's disappointing, well, hopefully we'll see soon enough.
Well, according to this link it seems like they're confident they can include -any- Pokemon, so it's just based on what fans want... not sure how true that may be, but that more than likely means type isn't a consideration. That's pretty awesome. :D

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh dear, an in-joke has now gotten quite out of hand.

I used to use the tag "Back" when in-game for Smash. However, since I use a Medli skin over my Toon Link, I once just had my tag as "Bird", joking referring to the fact that Medli is, well. A bird.

I started to use it more and more when not using that skin and I may have just used it when I was against a friend, who suggested I should use it at the next tournament I'm heading to tomorrow...
Good luck at the tournament!

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
26% completed on that Illustrator download, geez.

Thanks! I've been working on polishing up my P:M Charizard a lot recently, so hopefully the fruits of my labour will show through...

And I also hope my new Jigglypuff strategy works, too. :p
G'luck!, show that pokeswag yo'

Last edited:

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Chanting aloud hwa hwa hwoo hwoo over and over will probably not do anything to accelerate or impede your download progress, but I recommend giving it a try anyway.
Maybe if I wave around some chicken feathers too I'd get a higher chance at success.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
G'luck!, show that pokeswag yo'
My aim when I play Jiggs in a game that she's awful in (P:M, in this case) is to get my opponent majorly irritated, so that they make mistakes. How do I achieve that?

- Instead of going offstage to get kills, I'll sit on stage and spam Up Taunt.
- Will they reach me in the next three seconds? No? -> Up Taunt
People get very quickly fed up of hearing "JIGGLYPUFF!" and make mistakes.

Last edited:

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
ohhhh man my jaw dropped when i saw the mario kart dlc......mmmhmmm SO good~
now lets bring back ROB and Pac-man....and dare i say it...Sonic? (might as well)
also am i the only one even just a little surprised with the "version" of the Villager they used? i dunno, i guess i expected the smash version (not that its bad by any means)

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
My aim when I play Jiggs in a game that she's awful in (P:M, in this case) is to get my opponent majorly irritated, so that they make mistakes. How do I achieve that?

- Instead of going offstage to get kills, I'll sit on stage and spam Up Taunt.
- Will they reach me in the next three seconds? No? -> Up Taunt
People get very quickly fed up of hearing "JIGGLYPUFF!" and make mistakes.
Brilliant, simply brilliant.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Holy ****. That's actually pretty cool. I should get this game soon. Totally maining Black Shy Guy. I wonder if they'll make Diddy Kong down the line.
In the LoZ bundle I would've put LInk, Diddy Kong, and Biker Wario.

But remember we still have these three cups to look forward to that a re in the games coding:

Screen Shot 2014-08-26 at 11.09.13 PM.png

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I tweeted Sakurai and told him to add a Dry Bowser skin to Bowser because Mario Kart 8 has Dry Bowser now

It's only a matter of time

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I REALLY hope those trophy descriptions are fake. They are horrific. It's like the person who wrote them has little to no knowledge of Nintendo characters.

Wario's description is abysmal. It just keeps talking about how gross he is, and there is a lot more to Wario than that. Ugh...

D

Deleted member

Sonic would probably be omitted because either..
- They probably wouldn't want to conflict the game with the Mario and Sonic series (same case was with the idea of Mario being in Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing)
- They probably wouldn't want to include third party characters on Mario Kart. (Well, Pac-Man appears in all MK Arcade GP games, so that could help Sonic in some way)

However, it'd be great if he was in.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Uh, enlighten me, what's the houseguest principle?
It's probably gonna be some contradictory logic that really means "ANIMAL CROSSING SHOULD NOT GET IN OVER SONIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!exclamation mark!!!!!"

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Uh, enlighten me, what's the houseguest principle?
It is very simple.

Only a Mario sub franchise deserves multiple representatives in Mario Kart. Mario Kart is for Mario first and foremost, so any non-Mario character in Mario Kart is considered a GUEST, therefore, Link, Villager, and Isabelle are GUESTS. Guest franchises don't deserve special treatment as a Mario franchise would get, so too much of this DLC may make the game lose focus on being a MARIO all star racing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom