• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
And yet somehow I have this feeling that if it was all Sonic characters that you would completely okay with it.
Also, it's Nintendo. They can do whatever they want.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
In the LoZ bundle I would've put LInk, Diddy Kong, and Biker Wario.

But remember we still have these three cups to look forward to that a re in the games coding:

View attachment 23162
Mario Sunshine pack confirmed. Shadow Mario and Sundress Peach DLC :troll:

But seriously, let's get Diddy, Biker Wario, and maaaaaybe Samus and Kirby too. Just for the hell of it.

I tweeted Sakurai and told him to add a Dry Bowser skin to Bowser because Mario Kart 8 has Dry Bowser now

It's only a matter of time
The plot thickens.

I REALLY hope those trophy descriptions are fake. They are horrific. It's like the person who wrote them has little to no knowledge of Nintendo characters.

Wario's description is abysmal. It just keeps talking about how gross he is, and there is a lot more to Wario than that. Ugh...
Yeah. I kind of figured Wario's greed is probably his most defining trait. Oh, and that he likes to cheat.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Just decided to replay the SSE since I didn't have my old save file for Brawl, and I'm starting to wonder why it's hated so much. I mean sure, the Great Maze is bull****. But the cutscenes are great and the bosses are fun, though maybe I'm just being way too forgiving

D

Deleted member

Wait, how would Samus drive? She has an arm cannon so it could be impossible, somewhat. Let's go for her Zero Suit variant instead. :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It is very simple.

Only a Mario sub franchise deserves multiple representatives in Mario Kart. Mario Kart is for Mario first and foremost, so any non-Mario character in Mario Kart is considered a GUEST, therefore, Link, Villager, and Isabelle are GUESTS. Guest franchises don't deserve special treatment as a Mario franchise would get, so too much of this DLC may make the game lose focus on being a MARIO all star racing game.
It's still Nintendo related. So who really cares? It's not like some of the cash they could make will be going to other people. Besides, many fans have been throwing around the idea of a "Smash Kart" for a while. So it's not like it'd be unwanted either. This might the closest that we get to a game like that. If at all.

And yet somehow I have this feeling that if it was all Sonic characters that you would completely okay with it.
Also, it's Nintendo. They can do whatever they want.
Not gonna lie. If it was like 3 Mega Man characters or something, I'd be super hype. Like, unreasonably so.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Wait, how would Samus drive? She has an arm cannon so it could be impossible, somewhat. Let's go for her Zero Suit variant instead. :troll:
How can a Goomba hold a baseball bat?

Oh come on, I'm not THAT crazy, I am a Sonic fan, but that's going a bit too far.
I dunno, I wouldn't be surprised.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
It's still Nintendo related. So who really cares? It's not like some of the cash they could make will be going to other people. Besides, many fans have been throwing around the idea of a "Smash Kart" for a while. So it's not like it'd be unwanted either. This might the closest that we get to a game like that. If at all.

Not gonna lie. If it was like 3 Mega Man characters or something, I'd be super hype. Like, unreasonably so.
Mario Kart os not focused on Nintendo, it's focused on Mario, you think I'd buy a Mario Kart game with Rouge, Ness, or Fox in it as playable?

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I REALLY hope those trophy descriptions are fake. They are horrific. It's like the person who wrote them has little to no knowledge of Nintendo characters.

Wario's description is abysmal. It just keeps talking about how gross he is, and there is a lot more to Wario than that. Ugh...
I said the exact same thing in a thread a few days ago. Its terrible.

Wario has more detention than even More and he's shoved off as a Gross Farter.

My personal Trophy Description:

He may have bad hygiene but Wario is more than meets the eye. He's a heavyweight. but he's light on his feet.
His greed gets him into a ton of trouble, but its never stopped him before.
Deep down, Wario has a good heart but the temptation of riches and gold is sometimes too much for him to handle.
When he's not out looking for his next big pay day, he's operating a micro mini game company.
Wario proves crime does pay.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Well, it's not like I'm getting them for the text anyway.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero

I'd say the Wario one is that way because it is focused on the Smash incarnation of him. Generally the fighters get multiple trophies of themselves with different descriptions, IIRC.

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I'd say the Wario is that way because it is focused on the Smash incarnation of him. Generally the fighters get multiple trophies of themselves with different descriptions, IIRC.
In Brawl everyone only got one :/
plus a final smash

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Talking about other Nintendo characters in MK8?

Let Ganondorf get behind the wheel. His mean looks would easily surpass Luigi's.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
How can a Goomba hold a baseball bat?
His burning desire to avenge his 2nd class species. No longer will the Goomba take orders from the Koopas or the Humans. No, it will be their time to rise and dominate the others. So long as he makes this sick home run.

Mario Kart is not focused on Nintendo, it's focused on Mario, you think I'd buy a Mario Kart game with Rouge, Ness, or Fox in it as playable characters?
Wouldn't surprise me honestly. Like I said before, the idea of multiple Nintendo series coming together as a racer is an enticing one to many people. So if there's money to be made there, why shouldn't Nintendo try and make bank on it?

Did anyone really complain when Mario enemies showed up in Link's Adventure? Or when Kirby fought Metroids in Kirby's Dreamland 3? It could be a similar principle to that.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
His burning desire to avenge his 2nd class species. No longer will the Goomba take orders from the Koopas or the Humans. No, it will be their time to rise and dominate the others. So long as he makes this sick home run.

Wouldn't surprise me honestly. Like I said before, the idea of multiple Nintendo series coming together as a racer is an enticing one to many people. So if there's money to be made there, why shouldn't Nintendo try and make bank on it?

Did anyone really complain when Mario enemies showed up in Link's Awakening? Or when Kirby fought Metroids in Kirby's Dreamland 3? It could be a similar principle to that.
Fixed.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Talking about other Nintendo characters in MK8?

Let Ganondorf get behind the wheel. His mean looks would easily surpass Luigi's.
Whoa there buddy. Let's not say things we might regret. Luigi's Death Stare is pretty top tier.

That's my line, you'll pay for this!!!!!!
Wouldn't it be Optimus Prime's? I mean, clearly the rest of the Autobots just follow his lead. Wouldn't be surprised if he came up with all the catchphrases too.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
How about give him a horse with shades.
MK needs more horses
*Looks at signature*

You're so right.

Whoa there buddy. Let's not say things we might regret. Luigi's Death Stare is pretty top tier.
Live life with no regrets.

Ganondorf's Death Stare would literally cause death though. Like...if he stares at a character, that character won't be playable anymore. Eventually everyone will be out of the game, except for Ganondorf...and Link I guess.

Might as well make Hyrule Kart.

Do you guys prefer Diddy Kong Racing over MK64, or viceversa?
While I loved DDR, MK64 has more of my heart.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Doesn't look like you changed anything. So I would agree, my post is just fine.

Do you guys prefer Diddy Kong Racing over MK64, or viceversa?
Diddy Kong Racing is the better game on almost every regard. I wouldn't say it's as good the best Mario Kart. But it's still a great racing game to many people, with good reason.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Oh yea. I went to the library today again @Sehnsucht but they didn't have the Magician's Trilogy, at all. However they did say they might get the books in October when they get the money to buy new books for the library.

So instead I got three books that belong to something called The Ascension Trilogy. The first book has been interesting so far. I also got the first 2 books of a series called The Chronicles of Imaginarium Geographica, yea it's a mouthful of a title but it is suppose to be about dragons so I figured why not.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
*Looks at signature*

You're so right.

Live life with no regrets.

Ganondorf's Death Stare would literally cause death though. Like...if he stares at a character, that character won't be playable anymore. Eventually everyone will be out of the game, except for Ganondorf...and Link I guess.

Might as well make Hyrule Kart.

While I loved DDR, MK64 has more of my heart.
I seriously think this DLC is testing the grounds for the next Mariokart being Nintendo Kart, and I am 100% happy with that.

Soul.

Well, we now have 16 days left or something...I dunno. MK forums are still being salty over the DLC.

D

Deleted member

Diddy Kong Racing is the better game on almost every regard. I wouldn't say it's as good the best Mario Kart. But it's still a great racing game to many people, with good reason.
Yeah it's a pretty good game. If only Rare was owned by Nintendo.. meh.

Soul.

Solo modes have been leaked..at least the "Solo" thing's menu. All-Star, Classic, Stadium and Training.
Yes, I found it on the possible leak thread on the 3DS boards just like the other screenshots.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Solo modes have been leaked..at least the "Solo" thing's menu. All-Star, Classic, Stadium and Training.
Yes, I found it on the possible leak thread on the 3DS boards just like the other screenshots.
Makes you wonder if we'll fight all of the characters in chronological order. Probably not. But it would be kind of cool.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So I just saw the annoucements. Pokken looks pretty cool, but I don't particualarly care for the crossovers in Mario Kart. I am looking forward to new tracks though.

Last edited:

zkaka3000

Smash Cadet
I hope there's going to be some non-Fighting type Pokemon in Pokken. Because i wonder if we're going to get popular Pokemon like Charizard. Maybe there's some exceptions.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
So anyway... My thoughts on the Mario Kart stuff.
  • Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach are monstrosities. Why not Diddy, King Boo or Dry Bones?
  • As for the crossovers, while I'm actually kind of OK with Link, I couldn't care less about Animal Crossing and once again I think that other characters *cough*Diddy*cough* should have been in before them
  • Dry Bowser at the very least is long overdue. Great to see him back.
  • More vehicles? Doesn't matter, unless they have their own stats. All of the vehicles are glorified skins anyway.
  • At least the stages are worth it. All of the stages in MK8 are fantastic IMO and 8 more are added in both DLC packs? YES PLEASE
  • also more colours for Yoshi and Shy Guy are kind of cool. I mean, sure why not. I'll buy both DLC packs anyway for the stages (Link is cool too btw) and getting that in addition to the lowered combined cost is cool

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I hope there's going to be some non-Fighting type Pokemon in Pokken. Because i wonder if we're going to get popular Pokemon like Charizard. Maybe there's some exceptions.
Do you think Pikachu will be in it? I think it's possible it might not even appear in the game.

zkaka3000

Smash Cadet
Do you think Pikachu will be in it? I think it's possible it might not even appear in the game.
I think Pikachu could, especially if they want to milk Pika even more (could also be an interesting small fighter, but scaled a little). If not, then Pikachu may appear in some form (background, icons, etc.).

I also wonder if we're going to get stages based on specific Pokemon locations, and not just generic areas.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We know that smaller fighters work fine in 2-D fighters. But Namco actually has done smaller fighters some of their fighters. Like Gon in Tekken 3. So Pikachu shouldn't be too hard to implement.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
We know that smaller fighters work fine in 2-D fighters. But Namco actually has done smaller fighters some of their fighters. Like Gon in Tekken 3. So Pikachu shouldn't be too hard to implement.
Sure smaller fighters can be implemented, but what about bigger ones? Wailord for Pokken!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom