• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Neato.

Yup. That's my reaction.

For me, MK8 is still bitter sweet. As much as I love Mario Kart, there really is no reason for Nintendo to ever make an F-Zero game again from a business standpoint, as MK8 absorbed antigravity and an F-Zero title will never, NEVER sell more than a MK one. This DLC just reconfirns that F-Zero is dead for good. :(

And guest characters in MK is nothing new, what with Pac-Man and R.O.B. and the Miis but still...

Neato. :/
To be fair, F-Zero is fundamentally a completely different (and far better) racing game even with Mario Kart having the anti-gravity.

And Nintendo seems to be far more open to collaborations, so another one with Sega (like GX) is still a possibility.

But it's still justified to be concerned; Mario Kart just sells far more. This is a growing problem for Nintendo it seems, where many of their older franchises are slowing down in sales (even Zelda, at least during Skyward sword's time) so they have to keep relying on Mario a bit too much.

But I'm not too worried about F-Zero yet (may just be denial on my part!)

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Remember when people said Shulk was unlikely for Smash?
"He's not likely because he's a generic JRPG character that came from some ****ty obscure game no one cares about. Go support Ridley instead, he's much more likely. Get rekt casual."

Huehuehuehue.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
"He's not likely because he's a generic JRPG character that came from some ****ty obscure game no one cares about. Go support Ridley instead, he's much more likely. Get rekt casual."

Huehuehuehue.
'He's just another anime swordsman.' - Every 4chan member who didn't want Shulk to be in, 2014

D

Deleted member

He's using it correctly.

If someone calls Shulk a "generic anime swordsman" but also says Chrom has plenty of potential for a unique moveset, that is hypocrisy.

"You keep using that video. I do not think the correct usage is how you are using it."

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
He's using it correctly.

If someone calls Shulk a "generic anime swordsman" but also says Chrom has plenty of potential for a unique moveset, that is hypocrisy.

"You keep using that video. I do not think the correct usage is how you are using it."
Pffffffffffffft. Soul Blazer has been bombing Chrom supporters of all kinds ever since I've came to SmashBoards

D

Deleted member

Pffffffffffffft. Soul Blazer has been bombing Chrom supporters of all kinds ever since I've came to SmashBoards
And that is because he hates how Chrom was considered a "shoe-in" despite being an extremely bland character. And he wasn't talking about himself in the post you quoted. He was talking about 4chan users.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Speaking of 4chan, you guys are keeping tabs on the meltdown the Super Smash Bros. General at /vg/ is going through, right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom