• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
MK8 DLC? I really hope they bring back ROB, I'd also like to see Toon Link, he'd fit in better IMO. Also Capt Falcon and Olimar. As for characters that should've been in there from the get-go, Diddy, Junior, King Boo, Red Paratroopa, Birdo and Dry Bones would be great.

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
So after grueling soccer practice, I went on my phone and went to Nintendo Life to see Link on a motorcycle.
GIMME A CREDIT CARD!!!

Felipefabricio

Smash Rookie
LINK IS IN MARIO KART WOOOO and villager too

Seriously, I always wanted him as a character in the game... I need a Wii U. Now.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
For real though. This makes me seriously happy. A Zelda Kart or someting always seemed like a weird idea to me, but a crossover/Smash Kart would be the next best thing. This is the closest such an idea has ever come to reality, and it's more than satisfying enough.

Once these new DLC characters are released I'm getting them ASAP.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ok, I'm finally ready to explain what is going on outside of PM and my thread.

As you're probably aware, I've been determined to lead the support thread of Paper Mario since the end of April. When I got the OP key, it was really in plain dark time due to the sal leak. The OP wasn't descriptive and frankly, not appealing when I know I could improve it a lot. So, I revamped the OP and my goal to even became the OP was to share and gather support. In that time however, the later was a lot harder than it should.

The sal leak affected many threads and I had to apply advertisement measure such as sig, tittle and basically post about it.

As difficult as it was, I managed to gain a considerable amount of activity enough for E3. When E3 passed, the sal leak lost most of his credibility a month after bringing even more support. There was a clear belief that he could be in.

So, I revamped again the OP and it is now what I still think is one of the most appealing. It reflects how different he is and keeping the emphasis on the trademark I made "infinite potential".

But July 29 was by far the best day ever. The stage bring so much hype that I broke the 100 supporters mark and even tough I was glad for this milestone, I realised that it's not really trusted now...

With how much clever a tease became on August 20, the recent leak wouldn't change Sakurai's words and so, it wouldn't change the tease itself.

However, to even come to the point after a month of tease to assume [deconfirmed] and [almost deconfirmed] for something that we have good reasons to think it's not even the final roster, I lost a lot of faith in supporters.

There's still no reasons to give up and yet, most of them are giving up.

I want to remind you, my goal is to SHARE and gather support. The later was done even before July 29, but the former was always done continuously. To loose most of what I managed to get very slowly, but surely what I acquired in 4 months and still have a tease with a stage behind, I'm not only very sad, but slightly mad too.

Sal leak, I said "some" chance and after August 20 2014, I said [very likely] because of Sakurai. The leak does not change that, but for some reasons on this site, you have to be sure a character is in to support most of the time.

So, I feel my job for these months was useless since most didn't really supported by heart which is what should happen. I wanted the thread to be enjoyable until the end no matter the outcome and apparently, people don't want that. They just don't care now.

Which is why I ask you to do the following: if you believe in Paper Mario, click on my sig below and tell it in the thread as supporter AND believer. I decided to mark the one who believed until the end as last resort.

tbh, my activity as OP will change based on this. I'm giving a last chance to prove me wrong that what I did for 4 months was worth.

Sorry to disturb to current topic, but I want to give people this chance on other threads.

aldelaro5.

Soul.

Yesterday Smash big news.
Today Mario Kart 8 big news.
Tomorrow ORAS/Zelda U big news?
Watch as we get a Ness character reveal tomorrow. Then, even more Mega Evolutions, the confimation that Smash 4 will have DLC and everyone's hype levels reach over 9000.

D

Deleted member

Watch as we get a Ness character reveal tomorrow. Then, even more Mega Evolutions, the confimation that Smash 4 will have DLC and everyone's hype levels reach over 9000.
Ness = Even more hype.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Well.

Pokemon fighting game

Mario Kart DLC with Link, Animal Crossing, F Zero tracks, etc

Uhhh yea. Pretty good stuff today.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Wow, I just got back from dinner and I learn that Link is a guest in Mario Kart 8 DLC! Just wait until Lucario and Sonic make it in.

I really want Mario Kart 8 now.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Ok, I'm finally ready to explain what is going on outside of PM and my thread.

As you're probably aware, I've been determined to lead the support thread of Paper Mario since the end of April. When I got the OP key, it was really in plain dark time due to the sal leak. The OP wasn't descriptive and frankly, not appealing when I know I could improve it a lot. So, I revamped the OP and my goal to even became the OP was to share and gather support. In that time however, the later was a lot harder than it should.

The sal leak affected many threads and I had to apply advertisement measure such as sig, tittle and basically post about it.

As difficult as it was, I managed to gain a considerable amount of activity enough for E3. When E3 passed, the sal leak lost most of his credibility a month after bringing even more support. There was a clear belief that he could be in.

So, I revamped again the OP and it is now what I still think is one of the most appealing. It reflects how different he is and keeping the emphasis on the trademark I made "infinite potential".

But July 29 was by far the best day ever. The stage bring so much hype that I broke the 100 supporters mark and even tough I was glad for this milestone, I realised that it's not really trusted now...

With how much clever a tease became on August 20, the recent leak wouldn't change Sakurai's words and so, it wouldn't change the tease itself.

However, to even come to the point after a month of tease to assume [deconfirmed] and [almost deconfirmed] for something that we have good reasons to think it's not even the final roster, I lost a lot of faith in supporters.

There's still no reasons to give up and yet, most of them are giving up.

I want to remind you, my goal is to SHARE and gather support. The later was done even before July 29, but the former was always done continuously. To loose most of what I managed to get very slowly, but surely what I acquired in 4 months and still have a tease with a stage behind, I'm not only very sad, but slightly mad too.

Sal leak, I said "some" chance and after August 20 2014, I said [very likely] because of Sakurai. The leak does not change that, but for some reasons on this site, you have to be sure a character is in to support most of the time.

So, I feel my job for these months was useless since most didn't really supported by heart which is what should happen. I wanted the thread to be enjoyable until the end no matter the outcome and apparently, people don't want that. They just don't care now.

Which is why I ask you to do the following: if you believe in Paper Mario, click on my sig below and tell it in the thread as supporter AND believer. I decided to mark the one who believed until the end as last resort.

tbh, my activity as OP will change based on this. I'm giving a last chance to prove me wrong that what I did for 4 months was worth.

Sorry to disturb to current topic, but I want to give people this chance on other threads.

aldelaro5.
Hmm...

I wouldn't really mind Paper Mario. You can add me to the supporters list if you want, aldelaro.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I'm a little late, because I was at work but HOLY LINK IN MARIO KART?!

Yes.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My custom License plate covers arrived today and I just got done putting them on

My car only has top screws for license plates for some reason

D

Deleted member

Link, Isabelle, and Villager on Mario Kart in a nutshell.

No, seriously, I was mind = blown. This is hype.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
And they didn't even add Kirby. Think about it. Sakurai knew about this and really wanted Kirby in MK, he tried hard but it didn't work. Poor guy.

Lol, MKBoards is full of salt right now. They're complaining about the new characters because it's "Mario Kart". Lol.
Those tears are delicious.
It's called Mario Kart and Mario seems to be the least used character.
If they like their logic, rename it Dry Mario Enemy Kart, it will become F-Zelda Crossing soon anyway.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, the Mario Kart 8 DLC news was unexpected (but not as weird as Mercedes-Benz karts) but awesome news. I was about to frown upon MK8 for only have 32 tracks with not much game modes (yet again) but the DLC has revoked that. Consider me buying all of the DLC.

But Link, Villager, & Isabelle were unexpected. But then again, they're far from the first guest characters (Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Blinky, Mametchi, Don-Chan, R.O.B., & Mii all take that).

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
And they didn't even add Kirby. Think about it. Sakurai knew about this and really wanted Kirby in MK, he tried hard but it didn't work. Poor guy.

It's called Mario Kart and Mario seems to be the least used character.
If they like their logic, rename it Dry Mario Enemy Kart, it will become F-Zelda Crossing soon anyway.
I think this iteration is Mario Kart: Peach
Metal Mario
Mario
Tanooki Mario
Baby Mario

Pink Gold Peach
Peach
Cat Peach
Baby Peach

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Considering we get Wario's Gold Mine from Mario Kart Wii, I wonder how many more Retro tracks we'll get from these DLC packs. Will we be getting 2 Retro Cups? Or perhaps just one, considering the growing abundance of retro tracks?

Either way, I'd like to see these as Retro Tracks:
  • Wario's Colosseum (DD)
  • Moonview Highway (Wii)
  • Lakeside Park / Sunset Wilds (GBA)
  • Bowser's Castle (DS)
  • Daisy Hills (3DS)
I wonder if there'll be a great risk that we won't be getting any more Retro Tracks after Mario Kart 8.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
No Pit? They coulda given him a custom Exo Tank. I mean he can drive after all (but not read). D:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's not fact, I'm joking. :p

Remember Rosalina's reveal trailer? it had Kirby in Mario Kart. EVERYONE was hyped and thought that Kirby really needed to be in Mario Kart 8. What a missed opportunity if you ask me... We can't have everything.
There is still a chance. If it sells well, maybe we'll get more DLC, and in that case more guest characters (Kirby, Pit, some Pokemon, an FE character, the possibilities are endless really.)

Last edited by a moderator:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
There is still a chance. If it sells well, maybe we'll get more DLC, and in that case more guest characters (Kirby, Pit, some Pokemon, an FE character, the possibilities are endless really.)
2016. Mario Kart 8 has 60 characters, 60% of it is Mario, rest is other Nintendo-games. Still no Captain Falcon in sight.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Neato.

Yup. That's my reaction.

For me, MK8 is still bitter sweet. As much as I love Mario Kart, there really is no reason for Nintendo to ever make an F-Zero game again from a business standpoint, as MK8 absorbed antigravity and an F-Zero title will never, NEVER sell more than a MK one. This DLC just reconfirns that F-Zero is dead for good. :(

And guest characters in MK is nothing new, what with Pac-Man and R.O.B. and the Miis but still...

Neato. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom