• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360

Someone has been uploading some of the themes of SSB4 to YouTube, albeit with a few SFX here and there.
I love what they've done with Spark Man's theme and the revisions of SSB4's main theme are awesome too!

But my GOD! What the hell did the do to Green Greens?! I love that song but this version sounds like a bunch of cats and a piano being run over by a street sweeper. Ugh. It's just painful.

In fact, the SSB series has never gotten this song right. Melee's rendition was better, but it was also too slow and a little somber. This song is supposed to have energy and be bright and cheerful like you're playing in Kirby's colorful universe.

For example, Smooth McGroove sings it like this:

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I love what they've done with Spark Man's theme and the revisions of SSB4's main theme are awesome too!

But my GOD! What the hell did the do to Green Greens?! I love that song but this version sounds like a bunch of cats and a piano being run over by a street sweeper. Ugh. It's just painful.

In fact, the SSB series has never gotten this song right. Melee's rendition was better, but it was also too slow and a little somber. This song is supposed to have energy and be bright and cheerful like you're playing in Kirby's colorful universe.

For example, Smooth McGroove sings it like this:

I also like this rendition of the them used in Kirby Super Star.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
It kinda does.... Super Mario (if you count Yoshi, Wario and DK) and Pokémon have the most characters, and also sell the best. I don't think that's a coincidence. Fire Emblem has 11 games, 13 if you count remakes, it makes sense for them to have 4 characters, even if Lucina wasn't a clone.

But I completely agree with you about clones not taking up as much space as original characters. I remember in an earlier discussion, Josh thought that the only reason that Sheik and Zamus were given their own slots was to make it seem as though there were more characters! :facepalm:
So a series with 13 games deserves four characters before a series with almost 30 (Kirby)?

wat

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ah the Wonderful World of Disney, full of funny moments and wonderful songs that could be enjoyed by all generations over the years. Then there's the moments that would make you **** in fear like Night on Bald Mountain and Ursula's shocking death.

D

Deleted member

Ah the Wonderful World of Disney, full of funny moments and wonderful songs that could be enjoyed by all generations over the years. Then there's the moments that would make you **** in fear like Night on Bald Mountain and Ursula's shocking death.

Disney: The Kirby of the movie world.

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
Disney: The Kirby of the movie world.
I remember when i 100% Kirby's Dream Land 3 when i was little, And I was too stupid to understand what was so scary about it.

Just kinda thought "LOL RED DOTS"

Then i became an adult, played it again, then went "WTF IS IT SHOOTING BLOOD AT ME?!?!"

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Technically he didn't. We still have Impa the always more likely choice.
No, Impa is 1. a Sheikah (which we already have ) 2. a guy with a sword (which certainly already have). If we were to have a Zelda rep, it would be either. Ganon's Minion or Toon Zelda/Tetra (with transformations gone I don't think they have a chance anymore). Not to mention the only game we see her actually fighting released one month before Smash. The only way I can see her working is as a hybrid of Ike and Sheik... that isn't actually a bad idea...

Impa for Smash 5! (though I still think Ganon's Minion takes priority)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I remember when i 100% Kirby's Dream Land 3 when i was little, And I was too stupid to understand what was so scary about it.

Then i became an adult, played it again, then went "WTF IS IT SHOOTING BLOOD AT ME?!?!"
Zero, the most morbid Nintendo villain in his history (until Augustus from Eternal Darkness came along and made him more of a puppy in comparison).,

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
No, Impa is 1. a Sheikah (which we already have ) 2. a guy with a sword (which certainly already have). If we were to have a Zelda rep, it would be either. Ganon's Minion or Toon Zelda/Tetra (with transformations gone I don't think they have a chance anymore). Not to mention the only game we see her actually fighting released one month before Smash. The only way I can see her working is as a hybrid of Ike and Sheik... that isn't actually a bad idea...

Impa for Smash 5! (though I still think Ganon's Minion takes priority)
I wouldn't exactly call Vaati Ganon's minion, but okay...

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

02 is supposed to be more nightmarish, but because of the console's limitations, his blood didn't look as scary as when it was clear as day in DL3.

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
02 is supposed to be more nightmarish, but because of the console's limitations, his blood didn't look as scary as when it was clear as day in DL3.
An HD zero? Five nights at freddy's already made it hard for me to sleep. i don't need that. ;_;

Zero, the most morbid Nintendo villain in his history (until Augustus from Eternal Darkness came along and made him more of a puppy in comparison).,
Weren't the team that made that also brought out by microsoft?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Weren't the team that made that also brought out by microsoft?
Silicon Knights, not Rare.

Ah Frollo, the one character that really makes you question whether The Hunchback of Notre Dame is a family movie or not. From his obvious racism against Gypsies, to accidentally killing Quasimodo, wanting to send him to Hell for being ugly, wants him be be humiliated in front of everyone as punishment for leaving the tower, attempts to commit genocide just to find Esmeralda, his disturbing sexual obsession with her (sniffing the back of her hair), tries to kill Phoebes just because he went against his orders, and lastly deciding to kill Quasimodo just because he tried to stop his crazy plans. You know, for kids! Too bad we got the disappointing boss fight with Wargoyle (aka the Rainbow Colored Candy Fruit Bat) in Kingdom Hearts instead and they toned him down just for the damn E+10 rating.

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
Silicon Knights, not Rare.

Ah Frollo, the one character that really makes you question whether The Hunchback of Notre Dame is a family movie or not. From his obvious racism against Gypsies, to accidentally killing Quasimodo, wanting to send him to Hell for being ugly, wants him be be humiliated in front of everyone as punishment for leaving the tower, attempts to commit genocide just to find Esmeralda, his disturbing sexual obsession with her (sniffing the back of her hair), tries to kill Phoebes just because he went against his orders, and lastly deciding to kill Quasimodo just because he tried to stop his crazy plans. You know, for kids! Too bad we got the disappointing boss fight with Wargoyle (aka the Rainbow Colored Candy Fruit Bat) in Kingdom Hearts instead and they toned him down just for the damn E+10 rating.
I'm surprised they toned him down, It's not like Kingdom hearts doesnt have its own nightmare fuel....

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I've been thinking about the leak some more, and you know what? Dr. Mario makes me much more angry than Dark Pit. Why? Because Dr. Mario and Mario are the same character! It's possible for there to be a universe where Pit and Dark Pit are separate characters because they really are, that's how it was in Kid Icarus Uprising. This is not the same with Dr. Mario. I know you guys can point out Samus/ZSS and Zelda/Sheik, but those characters aren't clones and so they don't really bother me.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm surprised they toned him down, It's not like Kingdom hearts doesnt have its own nightmare fuel....
I think it's more along the lines of the religious overtones and sexuality being the reason why they toned him down. Still didn't explain why the hell Satan Chernobog was in the first game in all his frightening glory.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I still think Giygas is one of the most disturbing Nintendo bosses. Especially if you take into account the history behind its creation and I really do think there may be some unintentional things added subconsciously by the creator. That, and all the fan theories surrounding Giygas makes it at the top of my list.

Now, leave me in peace while I listen to this lovely track:

Y'know what's ****ing messed?

"Someone, anyone… please help us"
Paula's call was absorbed by the darkness.

Gets me every time.

That being said, Giygas needs to appear in Smash Run, as an AT or boss, etc. I'd probably have to change my pants every time Giygas would appear, no joke.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Am I the only one who didn't find 02 THAT disturbing?
Agreed, he's a massive downgrade from the first Zero even if the angel setup was cool and the boss fight is too damn easy compared to the first. Though the only redeeming factor he had was the cool boss theme.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Agreed, he's a massive downgrade from the first Zero even if the angel setup was cool and the boss fight is too damn easy compared to the first. Though the only redeeming factor he had was the cool boss theme.
Oh yeah, 02 pales in comparison to the original Zero.
[collapse=Bloody]
[/collapse]

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I still think Giygas is one of the most disturbing Nintendo bosses. Especially if you take into account the history behind its creation and I really do think there may be some unintentional things added subconsciously by the creator. That, and all the fan theories surrounding Giygas makes it at the top of my list.

Now, leave me in peace while I listen to this lovely track:

Y'know what's ****ing messed?

"Someone, anyone… please help us"
Paula's call was absorbed by the darkness.

Gets me every time.

That being said, Giygas needs to appear in Smash Run, as an AT or boss, etc. I'd probably have to change my pants every time Giygas would appear, no joke.
Except for the end I don't think that song is that disturbing. Although I guess hearing this song while being in an eerie place with an eerie boss could creep you out, especially if you are of a younger age.
Man, I should really play a game of that franchise

Sup guys. What's up?
This:

Not as powerful o=as Marth's, but a good watch nonetheless.
What the frudge did I just watch?

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Oh yeah, all this 02 and zero talk reminded me that I wanted dark matter playable in smash!

.... Not sure how that contributes to the conversation though.

Morbi

Scavenger
I've been thinking about the leak some more, and you know what? Dr. Mario makes me much more angry than Dark Pit. Why? Because Dr. Mario and Mario are the same character! It's possible for there to be a universe where Pit and Dark Pit are separate characters because they really are, that's how it was in Kid Icarus Uprising. This is not the same with Dr. Mario. I know you guys can point out Samus/ZSS and Zelda/Sheik, but those characters aren't clones and so they don't really bother me.
So basically you hate clones? It has nothing to do with the notion that they are the same person.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Oh yeah, all this 02 and zero talk reminded me that I wanted dark matter playable in smash!

You mean Samurai Dark Matter from KDL2? I'd be down for that.

So basically you hate clones? It has nothing to do with the notion that they are the same person.
Well, I, uh...
Yes. I hate clones. The only redeeming part of them is that they barely take any development time.

I do like Lucina, though, because I supported her prior to her reveal. I would've loved her if she had her own original moveset.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I want him to be playable too, but he's sadly no longer relevant anymore and I'd doubt that Sakurai actually liked any of the Shinichi directed Kirby titles.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
After today's tears, I would like Ganondorf to ease my sorrows tonight

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I want him to be playable too, but he's sadly no longer relevant anymore and I'd doubt that Sakurai actually liked any of the Shinichi directed Kirby titles.
With Shiek in Smash, relevance shouldn't be that much of an issue.
But I have noticed that Sakurai rarely mentions the mainline Kirby titles not developed by him before he left Nintendo. Do you guys know what happened to that developer, anyways? Some people said he died after Nightmare in Dreamland, and know one knows who he is. The whole thing is really mysterious.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
After today's tears, I would like Dark Pit to ease my sorrows and reinvigorate everyone else's sorrows tonight.
I would not mind Dark Pit at all. Though what I really want besides Ganondorf, is a Bowser Junior assist trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom