• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I've said it before and I'll say it again:
Mario is far and away the BEST selling video game franchise of all time.
7 characters is actually rather sensible for something that large, even if we may not like it.
I don't particularly care that Mario is over-represented. I more so care that Mario is over-represented while Donkey Kong (the game/series responsible for Mario even existing) gets the shaft hard. It's not even K. Rool I'm miffed about, even Dixie would have been fine enough. Even Pokemon, which previously had six characters, is apparently one short of what it was before, and it's right there on par with Mario. Plus the fact that Mewtwo was the most requested veteran returnee ever, but Dr. Mario? Bleh.

Even ignoring all of that, the most damning thing is the removal of the Ice Climbers. Them (and the other cuts) being gone is infinitely worse than even Bowser Jr. and Dr. Mario combined. It's been made apparent that there's still more to the roster, yet veterans have been specifically mentioned as cut, somehow. For me, even with Scrappy Koopa, as long as the veterans don't actually turn out to be cut, I'll have generally nothing to complain about. Something definitely seems off to me though, can't really say what.

D

Deleted member

I don't particularly care that Mario is over-represented. I more so care that Mario is over-represented while Donkey Kong (the game/series responsible for Mario even existing) gets the shaft hard. It's not even K. Rool I'm miffed about, even Dixie would have been fine enough. Even Pokemon, which previously had six characters, is apparently one short of what it was before, and it's right there on par with Mario. Plus the fact that Mewtwo was the most requested veteran returnee ever, but Dr. Mario? Bleh.

Even ignoring all of that, the most damning thing is the removal of the Ice Climbers. Them (and the other cuts) being gone is infinitely worse than even Bowser Jr. and Dr. Mario combined. It's been made apparent that there's still more to the roster, yet veterans have been specifically mentioned as cut, somehow. For me, even with Scrappy Koopa, as long as the veterans don't actually turn out to be cut, I'll have generally nothing to complain about. Something definitely seems off to me though, can't really say what.
Fair enough, but what can we really do about it?
And maybe it seems off because there's so much wrong with the leak and the general notion that it makes it hard to believe? The Climbers have been here since Melee, to have them cut and relegated to DLC just seems fishy, same goes for Wolf and Lucas even though they were only in Brawl (They could just pull a Frank West where they keep them out to optimize them more, but I doubt they caused that many problems.)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That looks great. It has that Mega Man feeling, but that's because Mighty No. 9 is made by guys who worked on the old Mega Man games.. I think.
Yeah, that's right. Many of the Mega Man devs both new and old are making Mighty No. 9. Some of those guys still work at Capcom though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone see the Pink stage in the rumor

I'm REALLY hoping it's Magicant, because Magicant was one of the stages I had a thread for in the old Brawl forum

Interestingly, unlike now Stages had their own section for talking about.

I made a whole write up for what I thought Magicant could be

'

Last edited:

Soul.

That's what I think really.
It feels the end of speculation is very soon.
3 weeks and 2 days left. That's not long.
Which means I should be a little more careful from now on.
This is true. It does feel like speculation is coming to an end.
Some users are going to leave the forums because of them focusing on competitive stuff and things like that. It's sad, but it's going to happen. Even if the most wanted characters are not playable, they're still in Smash 4. That's something, right?
Since some people are going to stream Smash 3DS, the full roster is going to be shown. If it's not shown when people stream it, it will be shown in early September. Then again, seeing the competitive stuff would be cool.
Also, as I said on the Miiverse thread, sorry Ghirahim supporters. This goes to @ Kenith Kenith , too. Poor Ghirahim couldn't get his own mode.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Anyone see the Pink stage in the rumor

I'm REALLY hoping it's Magicant, because Magicant was one of the stages I had a thread for in the old Brawl forum

Interestingly, unlike now Stages had their own section for talking about.

I made a whole write up for what I thought Magicant could be

'
Didn't know they made an Earthbound hack that resembles the first Mother.

So which Magicant do you want? The one from Mother, or the more well-known version from Mother 2? A mash-up of both?

----

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Fair enough, but what can we really do about it?
And maybe it seems off because there's so much wrong with the leak and the general notion that it makes it hard to believe? The Climbers have been here since Melee, to have them cut and relegated to DLC just seems fishy, same goes for Wolf and Lucas even though they were only in Brawl (They could just pull a Frank West where they keep them out to optimize them more, but I doubt they caused that many problems.)
The part about the DLC was apparently confirmed fake, "Motherf-ing Leaker" threw it in because he could, according to another.

I'm just staying out of it for the most part, people can pick it apart just fine without me. From my perspective of watching things as they progress, what I'm generally getting is:
  • Various inconsistencies are pointed out, such as Wario's missing eye, for example.
  • #TeamFake (eugh, hashtags...) Proposes that Sakurai would never let such things happen. They proceed to show evidence that the CSS is very inconsistent when compared to the demo version.
  • #TeamReal Points out that if a leaker were to go through the effort of making a leak this big, they wouldn't let something like that slip. They go on to use #TeamFake's evidence against them, as the demo did contain such inconsistencies.
  • Meanwhile I suspect that the group that made the leak, being Brawl modders, render artists, speculators, etc. know just how well the community will pick through the leak with a fine tooth comb. Therefore they purposely add inconsistencies that they know will be found, yet can in turn be used to "validate" the leak by value of everyone trying too hard to disprove it.
Wild conspiracy theories aside, there's one thing in particular that bugs me. Some of these points have been made already, though bear with me, I'd just like to reiterate them in order to lead up to my own point:
  • The ESRB does not play the games they rate. Proven by the ESRB website, however, it's clear that in all probability, the images taken are not of a 3DS, but of a video being played off of a screen. Though this conflicts with point two:
  • The player slot, when visible, in each leak is labeled as "ESRB0083." My initial thought is that the leakers put the name in the faked images to throw off the trail, particularly evident in "B0083." Perhaps they mistakenly thought that the ESRB play the games, though I can't say much else on the matter.
  • A point towards the leak's credibility: It is possible that the "ESRB0083" was put in the video by Nintendo, perhaps so that if the images did leak, Nintendo would know exactly where it came from.
  • However, my initial concern comes up. When compiling a video to send to the ESRB, there would typically only be cases of the most extreme content possible within the game. there is absolutely no need for every inch to be inspected. Particularly, what exactly would the ESRB be rating in said images? "This roster is far too obscene, M rating!" A lot of things just don't fit right, and there's yet to be any completely solid explanations for this.
For now, we wait to see how things progress. Everyone is free to pick apart my own observations if they so desire.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Didn't know they made an Earthbound hack that resembles the first Mother.

So which Magicant do you want? The one from Mother, or the more well-known version from Mother 2? A mash-up of both?

----
Mother 1 Magicant specifically

D

Deleted member

The part about the DLC was apparently confirmed fake, "Motherf-ing Leaker" threw it in because he could, according to another.

I'm just staying out of it for the most part, people can pick it apart just fine without me. From my perspective of watching things as they progress, what I'm generally getting is:
  • Various inconsistencies are pointed out, such as Wario's missing eye, for example.
  • #TeamFake (eugh, hashtags...) Proposes that Sakurai would never let such things happen. They proceed to show evidence that the CSS is very inconsistent when compared to the demo version.
  • #TeamReal Points out that if a leaker were to go through the effort of making a leak this big, they wouldn't let something like that slip. They go on to use #TeamFake's evidence against them, as the demo did contain such inconsistencies.
  • Meanwhile I suspect that the group that made the leak, being Brawl modders, render artists, speculators, etc. know just how well the community will pick through the leak with a fine tooth comb. Therefore they purposely add inconsistencies that they know will be found, yet can in turn be used to "validate" the leak by value of everyone trying too hard to disprove it.
Wild conspiracy theories aside, there's one thing in particular that bugs me. Some of these points have been made already, though bear with me, I'd just like to reiterate them in order to lead up to my own point:
  • The ESRB does not play the games they rate. Proven by the ESRB website, however, it's clear that in all probability, the images taken are not of a 3DS, but of a video being played off of a screen. Though this conflicts with point two:
  • The player slot, when visible, in each leak is labeled as "ESRB0083." My initial thought is that the leakers put the name in the faked images to throw off the trail, particularly evident in "B0083." Perhaps they mistakenly thought that the ESRB play the games, though I can't say much else on the matter.
  • A point towards the leak's credibility: It is possible that the "ESRB0083" was put in the video by Nintendo, perhaps so that if the images did leak, Nintendo would know exactly where it came from.
  • However, my initial concern comes up. When compiling a video to send to the ESRB, there would typically only be cases of the most extreme content possible within the game. there is absolutely no need for every inch to be inspected. Particularly, what exactly would the ESRB be rating in said images? "This roster is far too obscene, M rating!" A lot of things just don't fit right, and there's yet to be any completely solid explanations for this.
For now, we wait to see how things progress. Everyone is free to pick apart my own observations if they so desire.
I don't really enjoy talking about the leak much, so I'll just leave a few points.
  • Wario's pupil is hidden behind his nose.
  • It can be rather surprising to see how much effort people will go through just to **** with the internet for a few days. It's not entirely out of the question that this guy made it to do just that.
  • You're right, as far as I know the ESRB only looks at a minimal amount of the game and then bases their rating on that. Unless they got footage with the entire roster, there's no reason to pick it apart so much.
  • The ESRB rating was given a while ago, and while I can't remember the exact date, there would be absolutely no reason to still be analyzing it after the fact.
  • Wasn't aware that the DLC thing was a "why not?" thing that was thrown in there.
If it's real, it's real. If it's fake, it's fake. We won't know until either the release or until we get another character. Though I could care less at this point now that I got Mac and Mega Man sooooo...

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Who Was Your Boyfriend in Your Past Life?

http://www.playbuzz.com/jennifers/who-was-your-boyfriend-in-your-past-life

James Dean

Your past life boyfriend was James Dean, the ultimate rebel without a cause!
You are adventurous, sexy, rebellious and you love a boy that pushes the boundaries. There's just something about "bad boys" that was always exciting for you and you'll never settle for a run-of-the-mill guy. You don't want a nice guy with a good job and decent salary. You want something more interesting! You need romance that makes you feel like you're living life to the fullest. Boy, oh boy, was that James Dean! He was a cultural icon of disillusionment and rebellion. You two had the best, most adventurous time together.

D

Deleted member

Who Was Your Boyfriend in Your Past Life?

http://www.playbuzz.com/jennifers/who-was-your-boyfriend-in-your-past-life

James Dean

Your past life boyfriend was James Dean, the ultimate rebel without a cause!
You are adventurous, sexy, rebellious and you love a boy that pushes the boundaries. There's just something about "bad boys" that was always exciting for you and you'll never settle for a run-of-the-mill guy. You don't want a nice guy with a good job and decent salary. You want something more interesting! You need romance that makes you feel like you're living life to the fullest. Boy, oh boy, was that James Dean! He was a cultural icon of disillusionment and rebellion. You two had the best, most adventurous time together.
Elvis Presley
EAT IT.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL some kid was arrested for writing the sentence "I killed my neighbors dinosaur with a gun" in a class assignment

D

Deleted member

Arrested? Not scolded or punished? lol
I once got suspended for walking around with my hand in the shape of a gun in middle school. I am not even kidding.
I still have no idea why my teacher saw the need to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I once got suspended for walking around with my hand in the shape of a gun in middle school. I am not even kidding.
I still have no idea why my teacher saw the need to do that.
Every month or so I see a news story about a school that introduces some strict rule and its always the same school. It became infamous for completely banning hi-fives.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My school is the worst. Beats every school except Elmira's:

A kid goes on stage in front of everyone and threatens the entire school with explosives. Gets a week suspension. Another kid gets caught smoking in the parking lot. Gets expelled.

Oh, and I could go on, but I'll save you all the reading.

D

Deleted member

Every month or so I see a news story about a school that introduces some strict rule and its always the same school. It became infamous for completely banning hi-fives.
Schools are getting incredibly strict nowadays for no reason. Kids just aren't allowed to act like kids I guess.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
I can't wait to get this game and play it wirelessly with @Narth. But i do wonder..will this game have DS Download play for those who don't have the game because that will be cool

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
I use Jin, Raven or Nina in Tekken. Sometimes I fight with Christie, but she's easy to use. I used to use King, but I was never great with him.
I think everyone has a pocket Christie. :p If you're wondering why I say that I'm not allowed to use Julia, she has a zero-to-death that even works on Gon. There is a way to escape it, but I haven't told anyone how yet.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
A kid goes on stage in front of everyone and threatens the entire school with explosives. Gets a week suspension. Another kid gets caught smoking in the parking lot. Gets expelled.
Honestly, if you told the story with as much brevity as you are using now, I would love to hear it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
LOL some kid was arrested for writing the sentence "I killed my neighbors dinosaur with a gun" in a class assignment
That's rather extreme. Couldn't they just told him not to mention killing or something?

And that's just downright idiotic. I'm actually a little interested in hearing more.

I think everyone has a pocket Christie. :p If you're wondering why I say that I'm not allowed to use Julia, she has a zero-to-death that even works on Gon. There is a way to escape it, but I haven't told anyone how yet.
Roll backwards into a sidestep?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sorry about Ghirahim deconfirmed,@ Kenith Kenith ,I had some of the same feels for Waluigi.

My school's not as bad as my middle school was.
Fights everywhere.
Someone was found with around 6 oz. of weed in his locker.
When I went for 8th Grade,I remember that the 3rd day had the first fight.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Pressing any kind of input and rolling in any direction allows the combo to continue.
If pressing anything allows the combo to continue, does doing nothing at all stop it?

Last edited:

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
If pressing anything allows the combo to continue, than does doing nothing at all stop it?
You got it.
After the fourth hit, you're floored. You literally have to just lie there. If you attempt to move, or even do a wakeup attack, hit five gets you and forces you into regular wakeup, which is what allows the combo to continue.
If you just lie there, hit five still gets you, but Julia is in the ending animation for that attack when you recover from the hitstun.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So, Ghirahim is an Assist Trophy. Guess Super Smash Bros. wasn't ready for an Agent Peacock. +1 for BlazBlue and The King of Fighters. I don't really give a damn about Ghirahim anyway.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Honestly, if you told the story with as much brevity as you are using now, I would love to hear it.
No, you don't understand. I literally have a boat load of stories about my high school and middle school years, and most of of them require some background. It'd be difficult to tell the good ones from the, "you have to be lying" one. I don't want to look like an asshole. :laugh: But it's all true. Like this moment in middle school:

I was told to leave the school for the day because of an odor issue. My mother however disagreed and said I had no bad odor of any kind. My mom had a chat with the principal. Now, I was not present for the conversation because this was the same day I was told to leave. The discussion, from what I understand, took a nasty turn when the principal used my overweight issue to explain the odor. They got into an argument when (this is the part that should be noted), the principal accused my mother of being racist against her (my mother is white, the principal is black, FYI). Needless to say, the cops were called, and not only was my mother in the right, but the police agreed.

Ever since that altercation occurred, that principal never spoke to me again. But I could care less now. The middle school is closed down. :laugh:

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Talking about high schools??? This is the dumb type of **** *iqqas be doing in my old high school
Believe it or not this is my sisters class of students.
She lucky she didn't go too, she would of got her assed whopped LOL!!

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Talking about high schools??? This is the dumb type of **** *iqqas be doing in my old high school
Believe it or not this is my sisters class of students.
She lucky she didn't go too, she would of got her ***** whopped LOL!!
It's not entirely clear for what they got arrested? Burglary?

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It's not entirely clear for what they got arrested? Burglary?
These morons decided for senior prank day that they were going to urinate down the halls, butter the door nobs, lockers knobs, and flip over every desk and chair they could find.

Though in comparison, for my senior prank day my class set off a Stink Bomb that pretty much shut down classes on the 3rd floor. :laugh:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, as it is released a week ago in France, I've watched Guardians of the Galaxy a few days ago.

Pretty cool movie, and Drax's awesome.
But Rocket 's still my favorite character.

And no @MorbidAltruism, as much as I've liked this movie, I still consider Dawn of the Planet of the Apes as the greatest 2014's blockbuster.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So PAX is coming up...

What do you think are the chances we'll see a different 3DS build, now that the game is complete?

Or, what are the chances we'll get a direct around that time. There seems to be a bit of Smash stuff happening, with the hashtag #SmashBash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom