• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
@KenithTheGatherer
It's ok buddy. I also share your pain... I was a big supporter of Ghirahim as well...... If Sakurai doesn't do Ganondorf correctly, I say we riot. Having 5 Zelda characters and two of them being clones is unacceptable. If they put Impa in as a clone it would be even more terrible....

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
NOOOO GHIRAHIM
That sucks. I was really hoping he'd be playable. :(

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Like when they claimed that the 3DS Battlefield on Rosalina's page was a Rainbow Road stage, and then by chance a Rainbow Road stage was actually added.
Genius.
At least gameXplain isn't as bad as thebitblock.
The Bit block is really good though. I like Josh Thomas a lot more than Gamexplain. He isn't ever blinded by fanboyness. A lot of other game reviewers are. Though he's a super casual player. That's the only annoying part about him.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Should I ever make the decision to create a mod or game of some sorts, I'm totally making a horror game with Berserk Mega Lucario. The Anime is just begging for it to happen- I'm surprised no one's done it yet. Make something like a Slender/Freddy's mix.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

Looks a lot like the Doc Mario leak. So I have 3 things that look similar to the leak. Its still possible that its real but it could just be edits of those pieces I found.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So PAX is coming up...

What do you think are the chances we'll see a different 3DS build, now that the game is complete?

Or, what are the chances we'll get a direct around that time. There seems to be a bit of Smash stuff happening, with the hashtag #SmashBash.
I bet it might happen, we had the Smash Direct in April during PAX East, which Nintendo was absent from, may be the perfect time to reveal Wario, Falco, Wolf, Ness, and Krystal.

And even though I don't go to PAX due to College, I still like when the time comes because that's when the Runaway Guys have another exciting collab coming up, plus there are other Lets Players like JoshJepson, Lucahjin, and AttackingTucans who make a bunch of guest appearances at PAX.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Genius.

The Bit block is really good though. I like Josh Thomas a lot more than Gamexplain. He isn't ever blinded by fanboyness. A lot of other game reviewers are. Though he's a super casual player. That's the only annoying part about him.
I think the problem with Josh is that he is overly critical and have strong opinions that others will disagree with like he called Super Mario 3d World's graphics are dull and basic and express great hatred to "Japanese anime" characters in Smash as shown here.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I think the problem with Josh is that he is overly critical and have strong opinions that others will disagree with like he called Super Mario 3d World's graphics are dull and basic and express great hatred to "Japanese anime" characters in Smash as shown here.
Ugh. I almost unsubscribed after watching that video.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I actually kind of agree with him. I didn't like Awakening either.
But Robin's playstyle looks interesting, and I like his/her design. Lucina is pretty ugly honestly, in-game. She does seem like a quick +1 but I'm OK with it, it's not like Ridley was going to be playable but then they went for Lucina.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
It was a joke.... That obviously went right over your head. Irony!
Poe's law strikes again.

Anyway, it's sad to see Ghirahim disconfirmed, but he wasn't my most wanted newcomer or anything.
Sakurai says: "LOOK! I DECONFIRMED THE TROPHY LEAK! THAT'LL SHOW'EM!"

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'm not much of a F:E fan. I've never played a single game in the franchise.

He has a point with 3d world though. He is honestly one of my favorite reviewers. He thinks differently than most others and has good reasoning behind his opinions. 3d world looks good but his main gripe was that it looks like someone just made it with a stage editor. Kind of like New Super Mario bros but in 3d. I totally agree with it. The game doesn't look bad but the stage layout is no Sunshine or 64.

He has no clue what he's talking about with Smash though. And Roger shuts him down quite nicely.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Poe's law strikes again.

Anyway, it's sad to see Ghirahim disconfirmed, but he wasn't my most wanted newcomer or anything.
It's awesome to see him disconfirmed.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Since Smash Bros. 3DS comes out a day before my birthday in Japan, Sakurai's gift to me is debunking this leak.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Hating on several characters because of anime design? What did you expect from a game made in Japan? Even characters like Zelda, Rosalina and Mega Man have designs similar to anime characters.

All I hear from that video is bias against FE because of a trivial thing like character design.

Have I ever stated how I hate the wasted roster spot bull****? It only shows one's extreme ignorance on game development. And don't get me started on the wrong notion that that franchise popularity/number of games must influence the number of characters from a franchise. It's absolute ****.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

Hating on several characters because of anime design? What did you expect from a game made in Japan? Even characters like Zelda, Rosalina and Mega Man have designs similar to anime characters.

All I hear from that video is bias against FE because of a trivial thing like character design.

Have I ever stated how I hate the wasted roster spot bull****? It only shows one's extreme ignorance on game development. And don't get me started on the wrong notion that that franchise popularity/number of games must influence the number of characters from a franchise. It's absolute ****.
I always did find it weird how some people complain about the Japanese influences in a game made in Japan with characters (except Diddy in this case) that were created by Japanese. It becomes more ironic whenyou realize designs you'd see in Japanese media were originally influenced by American animation and evolved from there.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342

I've never partiuclarly listened to WiiFolderJosh before as I've never found the videos particularly interesting from what I've seen in them in the past videos. Good thing to know there is little reason for me to start now.

Last edited:
1 month and 13 days ago, it was 11 years since that critically acclaimed Charlie's Angles game was released

Let us now cringe in terror that this was mostly known for being a GameCube game or just simply a game

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Talking about high schools??? This is the dumb type of **** *iqqas be doing in my old high school
Believe it or not this is my sisters class of students.
She lucky she didn't go too, she would of got her ***** whopped LOL!!
Reminds me of the time last year where the seniors and juniors got together and mowed the lawn during the night to make the shape of a penis on the school football field. It was enormous, and visible outside every window on the left wing of the school! The staff had to get so many tarps to cover it up.

I'm not sure if they got caught yet, though. Hopefully they'll get arrested for this immature vandalism.

Last edited:

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
Poe's law strikes again.

Well, yeah, he debunked the trophy "leak", but he's got a much bigger leak to debunk right now. One veteran/newcomer can easily prove if the leak is real or not.

Glaze_

Smash Cadet
NNID
ItsGlaze
3DS FC
2595-1893-0903
Wow. I just got to see the POTD and I feel really sorry for Ghirahim supporters. But with the fall of a prince gives way for the Princess!
Come on Tetra!

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820

And don't get me started on the wrong notion that that franchise popularity/number of games must influence the number of characters from a franchise. It's absolute ****.
It kinda does.... Super Mario (if you count Yoshi, Wario and DK) and Pokémon have the most characters, and also sell the best. I don't think that's a coincidence. Fire Emblem has 11 games, 13 if you count remakes, it makes sense for them to have 4 characters, even if Lucina wasn't a clone.

But I completely agree with you about clones not taking up as much space as original characters. I remember in an earlier discussion, Josh thought that the only reason that Sheik and Zamus were given their own slots was to make it seem as though there were more characters! :facepalm:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So Ghirahim is an Assist Trophy instead of a character? While he was in one of old my most wanted lists, I ain't even mad.

There's always Hyrule Warriors.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I hate when people generalize anime and say they hate anime looking characters. Not every anime character look like they're from some moe or shonen show. Villager, for example, is an example of an anime looking character with a different art style, as Roger pointed out. It's just a simple case of ignorance.

I like what Josh puts out most of the time, but his Smash discussions are painful to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom