• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tingle

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheGamerTribune
Yeah I only played the original 2 COD's, but now the onlt FPS I play sometimes is Team Fortress : hats edition (2) and the metroid prime games (if you count those).
I started Crysis 3 today with hopes of playing stealthily. That didn't end too well.

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I like Big. The only reason why anyone hates Big is because of Nintendo Power. But my favorites are the Chaotix.

Soul.

I hope you know stats and typing also come in to play why a pokemon gets banned. Pinsir does not have the typing or stats to get banned. Just saying.
Um, okay, I already knew that??
155 base Attack is not enough to get banned? With Aegislash banned from OU, Pinsir can sweep a lot more.
Anyways:

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I hate Big in Sonic Adventure, I love Big in Sonic Heroes, and don't care about him in any other situation.

Though that's purely gameplay-wise. Otherwise it's a flat out neutral feeling.

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I started Crysis 3 today with hopes of playing stealthily. That didn't end too well.
Do you know there's going to be an Antman movie in 2015? Hopefully it'll have Wasp, and it stars Scott Lang with Hank Pym as the old advisor. Looks pretty cool. Could be a flop, though.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I like Big. The only reason why anyone hates Big is because of Nintendo Power. But my favorites are the Chaotix.
And this is why I don't trust all gaming critics or reviewers 100%, especially since GameInformer gave Sonic Generations a 6.5. I mean, what the hell?

Tingle

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheGamerTribune
Do you know there's going to be an Antman movie in 2015? Hopefully it'll have Wasp, and it stars Scott Lang with Hank Pym as the old advisor. Looks pretty cool. Could be a flop, though.
Oh, I'm well aware. I'm really skeptical. Pym is my favourite of the three Ant-Men and Lang is my least favourite. Edgar Wright also happens to be my favourite director so this movie has already broken my heart.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Big is hated because of negative first impressions.

You know how a character is handled initially will influence their reception in the future? Well, putting a shoddy fishing gameplay mechanic in Sonic Adventure, making it mandatory to get 100%, and having the character associated with said fishing segments be a complete moron and contribute so little to the overall plot doesn't help.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
155 base Attack is not enough to get banned? With Aegislash banned from OU, Pinsir can sweep a lot more.
Anyways:
I don't care if it's fake. That Protoman looks ****ing sick.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've seen the new Scooby Doo design and all I have to say is what the hell is that abomination? It's basically Marmaduke and Sparky the Fairy Dog's unholy demonic love child created for an even worse Scooby Doo show. I can see why people hate Sonic Boom Knuckles and Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man, but this is just unacceptable and an insult to such a comical and lovable dog. Definitely the worst Scoody Doo design since his Uncanny Valley appearances from the movies.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I've seen the new Scooby Doo design and all I have to say is what the hell is that abomination? It's basically Marmaduke and Sparky the Fairy Dog's unholy demonic love child created for an even worse Scooby Doo show. I can see why people hate Sonic Boom Knuckles and Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man, but this is just unacceptable and an insult to such a comical and lovable dog. Definitely the worst Scoody Doo design since his Uncanny Valley appearances from the movies.
They made a new Scooby Doo? What happened to that other show Mystery Incorporated?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Oh, I'm well aware. I'm really skeptical. Pym is my favourite of the three Ant-Men and Lang is my least favourite. Edgar Wright also happens to be my favourite director so this movie has already broken my heart.
If he gets to be an Avenger, I don't care how awful the movie is. We're getting another Howard the Duck flick soon, after all. :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
They made a new Scooby Doo? What happened to that other show Mystery Incorporated?
It's called Be Cool Scooby Doo and it will air near the end of the year. The worst part: it will go back to the lighthearted and non-nonsensical comical route unlike the darker and mature direction of Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If he gets to be an Avenger, I don't care how awful the movie is. We're getting another Howard the Duck flick soon, after all. :troll:
As long as we don't get any topless ducks, I'm fine (seriously, how did they allow that in a PG film?! It's baffling!).

It's called Be Cool Scooby Doo and it will air near the end of the year. The worst part: it will go back to the lighthearted and non-nonsensical comical route unlike the darker and mature direction of Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated.
Well, that's the power of money for ya.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I only know about Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated for two things. The Scrappy Doo joke that was better handled then the crud CGI movie, and the jokes about Fred having a fetish for "traps".

Tingle

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheGamerTribune
Well that arse Whedon's handed Ultron and (rumours say) Avengers Academy to Stark. So I'm not hopeful.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It does, lol. At least Mega Man is in the game. :4megaman:

A fake artwork of Proto Man that was made to look similar to how the characters' artworks are made for Smash 4.

Yeah. But it makes me wish both of them were playable. Maybe Protoman will be a costume or something.

I saw that design too. I wouldn't call it that bad. Not that I like it. Just that his eyes are too close together. Really, the worst I could really say is that they are uninspired.

You should look at the newest Tom and Jerry cartoon. It looks like the budget for that show was a nickel.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As long as we don't get any topless ducks, I'm fine (seriously, how did they allow that in a PG film?! It's baffling!).
All PG films before the PG-13 rated had existed were shocking. The Garbage Pail Kids, The Goonies, the Indiana Jones films, Gremlins, The Outsiders, and many others. That's at the time when the MPAA did not know what was considered pushing the boundary when it came to violence, sexuality, drugs, language (especially involving a certain S word), and dark themes. Too this day, I still find it shocking that Fantasia had a G rated despite how boundary pushing Night on Bald Mountain was.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
All PG films before the PG-13 rated had existed were shocking. The Garbage Pail Kids, The Goonies, the Indiana Jones films, Gremlins, The Outsiders, and many others. That's at the time when the MPAA did not know what was considered pushing the boundary when it came to violence, sexuality, drugs, language (especially involving a certain S word), and dark themes. Too this day, I still find it shocking that Fantasia had a G rated despite how boundary pushing Night on Bald Mountain was.
'Twas a much different time back then.

Its story ended.
And then gave us this new abomination?
Figures. Nothing good can last long.

Last edited:

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
Anyways:
My god, that needs to happen. Right now. If that did happen, even though I plan on maining Mega Man, I would main him even more after this.

./inb4ProtoManAltIsDeconfirmed

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Some of the monsters in Mystery Incorporated were cool....but other than that I absolutely hated the direction they went with Incorporated. I decided to give it a shot at it's premiere episode, thinking "It can't be all that bad" and the next thing I know Velma is flirting with Shaggy....

And now there's yet another new Scooby show? What's this one like? I haven't watched Cartoon Network much in the past few months, tbh.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
And then gave us this new abomination?
Figures. Nothing good can last long.
The first episode hasn't been released yet. I'd hardly call it an abomination just by looking at it. Don't you think that's a little preemptive?

Ok so I took a photo of this girl at Otakon but she was busy so I didn't get a chance to ask her what show the character was from. Does anybody know??
I have no idea. Maybe it's supposed to be that Athena chick from KOF. But Jotaro is standing right behind her.

Last edited:

Soul.

My god, that needs to happen. Right now. If that did happen, even though I plan on maining Mega Man, I would main him even more after this.

./inb4ProtoManAltIsDeconfirmed
Well, it could happen, all we have to do is wait and see.
Just you wait until we get another disconfirmation on the next PotD, which is probably a 3DS one.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
And now there's yet another new Scooby show? What's this one like? I haven't watched Cartoon Network much in the past few months, tbh.
Well let's put it this way, this is the new Scooby Doo.

The first episode hasn't been released yet. I'd hardly call it an abomination just by looking at it. Don't you think that's a little preemptive?
I'm just pessimistic, that's all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom