• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh God....please tell me that's not actually...th...the official artwork.... if it is then...

Your childhood is ruined because Scooby Doo has a slightly different expression? Quite melodramatic if I do say so myself. I am not overly fond of the design... but it is Scooby. I mean, as long as he is a Great Dane, IDGAF.

D

Deleted member

It's just occurred to me how many times I've used that gun gif recently. I think I may be putting Homura through as much abuse as the writers themselves. I should dial it back maybe.

D

Deleted member

Your childhood is ruined because Scooby Doo has a slightly different expression? Quite melodramatic if I do say so myself. I am not overly fond of the design... but it is Scooby. I mean, as long as he is a Great Dane, IDGAF.
It's almost as bad as the people who still b**** about this design change.

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yeah, they're planning stuff for the sequel, but same thing happens with Transformers, so yeah. It's just because of money, like you said. :troll:

Isn't Megan Fox like Angelina Jolie in films? lol xD
Nah Angelina Jolie is actually attractive.

D

Deleted member

Hold it, I thought every marvel cinematic universe flick since Avengers was making it rain at the box office so to speak? :/
You are correct! Most Marvel films after Avengers make around half a billion $$$.

But then you look at Michael Bay's Transformer movies....(These are worldwide box office revenue)

Transformers - $709,709,780
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - $836,303,693
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - $1,123,794,079
Transformers: Age of Extinction - $1,032,194,000

The Avengers has made $1,518,594,910 & Iron Man 3 has made $1,215,439,994

Even after those countless years of "Michael Bay ruinin mah childhood", people still pay money to see it.

No one even noticed the horrible designs?
They probably did (Heck it wouldn't surprise if most negative reviews said "The turtles look gross!!") but they're probably gonna shrug it off and watch anyway.

Soul.

So, Pokémon Contests in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been confirmed to be playable in Wi-Fi.
At least, that's what I heard from Smogon.

D

Deleted member

You should probably also limit the times you use this as well. It gets pretty annoying.
At least spamming "You Serious?" isn't taking a scene completely out of context and causing abuse to a character that can be rivaled only by this guy.

NOTE; that link contains spoilers.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
TMNT 2014 so far is predicted to make more than Guardians of the Galaxy next week........I'll let you have a moment to sink in.
That's to be expected. Whether you like it or not. The TMNT are well established franchise that's lasted over 30 years. You could argue that they are the most popular American Superheroes that aren't owned by Marvel or DC. Because their name brand is so prominent, it's going to rank in the big bucks on it's namesake, for better or worse.

GOTG isn't one of Marvel's biggest IPs. And beforehand, there was no outside media exposure for most of the characters. You got to remember this is the same company that has Spider-Man, Dare Devil, Avengers, X-Men and even Blade under their belt. But it has found some success. So it isn't exactly a flop.

D

Deleted member

What wouldn't surprise me in the slightest is if Michael Bay decided to touch Power Rangers, He-Man, or Jem.

In fact, I think Michael Bay rebooting Power Rangers sounds bad it may actually happen.

Morbi

Scavenger
What wouldn't surprise me in the slightest is if Michael Bay decided to touch Power Rangers, He-Man, or Jem.

In fact, I think Michael Bay rebooting Power Rangers sounds bad it may actually happen.
I always associated Transformers and TMNT with Power Rangers, so I would not be surprised.

Regardless, Michael Bay is going to reboot Mortal Kombat. Did you not hear the trailer music? :troll:

D

Deleted member

*tries to copy file to USB*

"The file is too large for the destination file system."

What does that mean? I have plenty of space on my USB.

D

Deleted member

I wonder what's going on with Lindsay Lohan, didn't she sue Rockstar because of something going on with GTA V? Meh.
That was a while back ago, I dunno why people are suddenly talking about it.

For the most part, she's suing Rockstar because she is an irrelevant actor & obviously wants to anger people, so she wants attention.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
So does anybody else here have Tomodachi life? honestly....the game is a lot more amusing that i thought it would be!
For one, im now married to Samus (yuss) and Sakurai and Rosalina and now married and i guess they wanna have a baby....LOL

D

Deleted member

So does anybody else here have Tomodachi life? honestly....the game is a lot more amusing that i thought it would be!
For one, im now married to Samus (yuss) and Sakurai and Rosalina and now married and i guess they wanna have a baby....LOL
I've been thinking of getting it, but there are some other 3DS titles I'm interested in. Is it worth buying the game at $35, or should I wait till the price drops somewhat?

D

Deleted member

There must be a reason Ashens rarely shows his face whenever he does a review....

He was the Master & Crazy Hand all along! The couch is a Final Destination.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
The first episode hasn't been released yet. I'd hardly call it an abomination just by looking at it. Don't you think that's a little preemptive?

I have no idea. Maybe it's supposed to be that Athena chick from KOF. But Jotaro is standing right behind her.
Well, Jotaro and Jibrel from No Game No Life were both there. The one camera man taking shots just picked like six cosplayers he really liked.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I've been thinking of getting it, but there are some other 3DS titles I'm interested in. Is it worth buying the game at $35, or should I wait till the price drops somewhat?
If you loved Animal Crossing and never got bored of it, and also love Miis. Then yes... it's worth it. If not well then hells no.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Well its hard to say....are you a big fan of the sims or animal crossing? if yes it would most likey be worth it, it not id wait...try the free demo in the eshop if nothing else though:)

D

Deleted member

Well its hard to say....are you a big fan of the sims or animal crossing? if yes it would most likey be worth it, it not id wait...try the free demo in the eshop if nothing else though:)
There's a demo? I should check the eShop more.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So, Pokémon Contests in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been confirmed to be playable in Wi-Fi.
At least, that's what I heard from Smogon.
So basically, in battles we're going to ban Mega Salamence while in contests we're going to ban Mega Gardevoir.

Good to know.

D

Deleted member

I actually dislike this guy now cause of all the spam and I don't even know who he is.
I'd probably get a really negative opinion too if I hadn't already seen his stuff. *looks at profile* 'scuse me for a second...

D

Deleted member

I actually dislike this guy now cause of all the spam and I don't even know who he is.
To make a long story short, he is Doug Walker who plays a character called the Nostalgia Critic. He originally retired the character back in 2012 but I assume because he wasn't getting enough ad money on his website (I don't think its so much the fans wantin the character to return) that he suddenly revived the character into what you see now.

He doesn't even talk about nostalgia movies anymore.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
He originally retired the character back in 2012 but I assume because he wasn't getting enough ad money on his website (I don't think its so much the fans wantin the character to return) that he suddenly revived the character into what you see now.
I believe it was more Internet Backlash than anything.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To make a long story short, he is Doug Walker who plays a character called the Nostalgia Critic. He originally retired the character back in 2012 but I assume because he wasn't getting enough ad money on his website (I don't think its so much the fans wantin the character to return) that he suddenly revived the character into what you see now.

I bet that if the fans had anything to do with it, he would have revived the character sooner.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer

AVGN > Nostalgia Critic.

Anyone remember the big feud they had a while back?

Soul.

So basically, in battles we're going to ban Mega Salamence while in contests we're going to ban Mega Gardevoir.

Good to know.
I didn't know contests were competitive. I thought it was all about competitive battling with perfect IVs, EVs, Natures and useful moves.

D

Deleted member

AVGN > Nostalgia Critic.

Anyone remember the big feud they had a while back?
That was long before I joined the internet, but the videos are still kind of funny. I bet they would have been a lot funnier if I had been on the internet during that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom