• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What I don't like is that we'll have to wait until December to play the Wii U version :/
I feel like it would more likely at the end of November, but still is a long wait.
I feel like Smash 3DS would be good enough for now though.

I've watched this a few times already and it still depresses me.
I didn't even click play and it made me feel sick. :urg:

Last edited:

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
One of the kids said "Wait, you don't just turn it on and get the apps?"

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
That kids react does make me wonder. If we didn't have Gameboy, would we have mobile games?

Something to think about.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So I just got back from "Lucy"

I liked the movie.

I don't think it's a good movie, and TBH I expected to hate it

I'm not sure I liked it for the reasons I was suppose to.

The movie was pretentious as all hell. It reminded me of an indie movie.

It has the most pretentious opening I've EVER seen.

Also, the movie reminded me HEAVILY of "Akira"

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Psycho, the premise of the Lucy is based completely upon a myth of psychology. The only people that use 10% of their brains are either in a vegetative state or congressmen.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Psycho, the premise of the Lucy is based completely upon a myth of psychology. The only people that use 10% of their brains are either in a vegetative state or congressmen.
I know that

Which is why I'm surprised Morgan Freeman is in it

He is in "Through the Worm Hole" and has covered the brain before

He should know better

Mensrea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mensrea
Hey smashboards, I was wondering if anyone has experienced a similar phenomenon. I was playing some PM with my best friend, and I was dominating him the first couple games as Marth. Just handing it to him again and again, serving up ken combos, and chaining my grabs, I was all over him. Then as we continued to play, I lost the ability to perform. I started getting 4 stocked, and I just couldn't get out of that losing mindset. Anyone else get this?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

The last Kamen Rider Ryuki 13 is being released in November

Can you tell it's a female. That's why her codename is Femme

(She's the first female Rider)

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Hey smashboards, I was wondering if anyone has experienced a similar phenomenon. I was playing some PM with my best friend, and I was dominating him the first couple games as Marth. Just handing it to him again and again, serving up ken combos, and chaining my grabs, I was all over him. Then as we continued to play, I lost the ability to perform. I started getting 4 stocked, and I just couldn't get out of that losing mindset. Anyone else get this?

Yep, I think almost everyone's ability to perform fluctuates, even throughout the same day. I get worse the longer I play because my hands lose co-ordination and finesse, I need something to eat, burn-out, etc... Playing for a long time can make you think on auto-pilot too which will make you way worse. Morale compounds the issue. While you may be going down, your opponent may also be speeding up, feeling better and thinking faster for whatever reasons.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
horse orphnoch is such a tragic character in 555

He's one of the characters I like from the series.

When he was first turned into an Orphanoch he killed his exgirlfriend and her current boyfriend

But TBH I think he was just going off the Orphanoch instinct, which is to kill humans or turn them into other Ophanochs if they are compatible.

However, he's been defying the Ophanoch's and refusing to kill/ convert humans since.

But of course he still feels guilty about his crimes.

And Figuarts showed a prototype figure for him but never released the actual figure!!!!

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11
:4robinm:|:4palutena:|:4greninja:|:rosalina:|:4lucina:|:4megaman:|:4littlemac:|:4pacman:|:4villager:|:4wiifit:|:4mii:

Hardly anything will surpass the hype I had during Robin's trailer.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Please guys, is it such a necessity to have to display both the male and female Robin icons in every instance?

Can't people just randomly pick one, or prefer one? Is it sexist? Is it rude to others to imply one is canon over another? Is this political correctness gone mad? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6u2RqpalNg [care: has strong language]; I should type out the manuscript, or look for one, of this video, his rant brings me great joy)

It's such a weirddddddddddddddddddd thing (for me) to see people be so adamant about. No one ever falters either. It's like some unseen rule or social contract. Some Illuminati moderator group unknown to me go ahead editing people's posts to include both and then brainwash those users to never do it again! I fear for my life if I ever attempt to use a Robin icon!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Fine

I've decided the male is canon

From now on you all will use the male

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
You forgot to provide the reasoning for it.

(Female model's hair just isn't as good as the male one, they tried too hard to not make it look like ZSS' ponytail, why not GIVE HER TWIN TAILS OR SOMETHING?)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Because they didn't use eye patch female robin

Last edited:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11
:4robinm:|:4palutena:|:4greninja:|:rosalina:|:4lucina:|:4megaman:|:4littlemac:|:4pacman:|:4villager:|:4wiifit:|:4mii:
:4robinf:

Hardly anything will surpass the hype I had during Robin's trailer.
Mine would probably be like this:

1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11
:4villager:|:4mii:|:4pacman:|:4littlemac:|:4megaman:|:4lucina:|:4wiifit:|:4greninja:|:4robinm:|:rosalina:|:4palutena:

Also, was anything announced at Comic Con? Is there still a chance?

D

Deleted member

Please guys, is it such a necessity to have to display both the male and female Robin icons in every instance?
We could always combine the two Robin icons and use that as the official one:

although I don't think I evenly split it down the middle... whoops

Last edited by a moderator:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Are we talking about what character we are most excited for?

Ok, here we go. (11 is least, 1 is most).

11. :4megaman: I have never really cared for the megaman series. I also really don't like his play-style all that much. :/
10. :4wiifit: I used to be really excited for Wii fit trainer, but as more newcomers and information on previous newcomers came around, I just don't care as much for her playstyle as I once was. That doesn't mean I'm not excited at all.

9.:4littlemac: I don't really know what to say about Little mac. He looks cool I guess.

8.:4pacman: I was actually a little bit more excited for him when he was first revealed, but now that we know he isn't a summoner, he isn't as cool.

7. :4mii: Well, putting myself into the game is kinda cool. Certainly is interesting.

6.:4greninja: While I still like Delphox more as a starter, Greninja is still pretty cool. Also his moveset looks really fun.

5.:4lucina: Lucina may be a clone of marth...but she is a cute clone of marth. <3

4.:4villager: His moveset is just awesome. Not to mention I love Animal Crossing.

3. :4palutena:Really excited for Palutena. His moveset looks pretty awesome and works with Kid Icarus so well. She is also pretty. :3

2.:rosalina: Honestly this is a close second. Rosalina is just a fantastic addition and one of my favorite characters in Mario. Their moveset looks amazing and fun. Not to mention Rosalina is beautiful and the lumas are cute. A character I'm looking forward to playing as more when the game comes out. <3

1. :4robinm:Robin, Robin, Robin. Not only was his trailer fantastic, but he also has a play-style that I've been asking for since forever. The magic user. Not only that, but Robin was a pretty cool character in Awakening. All in all, he just looks like a really fun character to play.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
8.:4pacman: I was actually more excited for him when he was first revealed, but now that we know he isn't a summoner, he isn't as cool.
My feelings on Pac-Man EXACTLY.

Hopefully he'll still have the Galaga, Pooka, Mappy and Genesis as a custom move, we did see a Galaga Ship while Pac-Man used a similar move, as well as the horde of ghosts on Wily Castle so it's very possible.

@ CatRaccoonBL CatRaccoonBL
Oh hey, you're Madoka now. The Quintet lives!
No Homura though. :c

But I do remember @Captain Hotcakes having a Homura avatar once...

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
11. :4lucina:
10. :4wiifit:
9. :4mii:
8. :4villager:
7. :4robinm:
6. :rosalina:
5. :4littlemac:
4. :4palutena:
3. :4greninja:
2. :4pacman:
1. :4megaman:

Note that I don't actually dislike any of the newcomers revealed so far; I merely like some more than others.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
It's called "Saint Young Men".
iirc, somebody's already answered that a few pages back...
...and after watching even just the first episode, I have to admit I'm into this. Pretty funny stuff, though as usual it could be that my sense of humour is weird. But if that's the case, I'd prefer to stay blissfully ignorant of my terrible humour

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My list?

Well...

Little Mac, Mii Fighters, MegaMan, Robin, Lucina, Villager, everybody else(for new guys. Don't much care about the rest at all).

Last edited:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I guess I should back up my points or something:

1.:4villager: (very interesting, Pocket and Rocket moves look fun)

2.:4mii: (has the "make your own" thing while still having references to their own games)

3.:4pacman: (great personality, summoning minions looks fun)

4.:4littlemac: (powerhouse, like the character, dat hoodie)

5.:4megaman: (moveset represents him very well, ranged A attacks look interesting)

8.:4lucina: (while I would have prefered Chrom, after learning that she didn't take up that much development time, I'll probably use her over Marth)

6.:4wiifit: (interesting moveset, I like that the male is playable too)

7.:4greninja: (the trailer fake out where we were led to believe it was Mewtwo has left a bad taste in the mouth, interesting playstyle nonetheless)

9.:4robinm: (too gimmicky, the whole "limited ammo" thing doesn't sound like it'll work very well)

10.:rosalina: (I don't like the character and don't see why she was chosen over Toad and Waluigi, looks too gimmicky and hard to control)

11.:4palutena: (moveset(s) look boring, personality doesn't seem to have been brought over, and that running animation looks, err.., awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom