• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I want a cool shirt.
I'm going to try to get into the competitive scene with Sm4sh.
For the shirt.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
:4megaman:
:4lucina:
:4robinm::4robinf:
:4palutena:
:4littlemac:
:rosalina:
:4wiifit::4greninja: - They share the same space because I had the same reaction, excessive laughing through the entire trailer.
:4pacman:
:4villager:
:4mii:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I want a cool shirt.
I'm going to try to get into the competitive scene with Sm4sh.
For the shirt.
Based on the two pictures of the people wearing it, it looks like it's easier to get into the shirt than it is to get into the competitive Smash scene :troll:

[/obesityjokesaremeansry]

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Based on the two pictures of the people wearing it, it looks like it's easier to get into the shirt than it is to get into the competitive Smash scene :troll:

[/obesityjokesaremeansry]
Hey, if you're talking about me buddy, I'm 6'1'' 160 pounds and am a D3 Triple Jumper!!

*Patrick Voice* "Nobody calls me Tubby!"

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So I Marth'd today for the first time in a battle against some other people (4-way Marth ditto). Everyone else knows how to use Marth, and I only vaguely know. Ended up 1v1'ing the kid who mains Marth and claims to be better than everyone else and winning.

I'll be honest, I'm never going to Marth again... but that was fun for what it was.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
So I Marth'd today for the first time in a battle against someone else (4-way Marth ditto). Everyone else knows how to use Marth, and I only vaguely know. Ended up 1v1'ing the kid who mains Marth and claims to be better than everyone else and winning.

I'll be honest, I'm never going to Marth again... but that was fun for what it was.
I think you need a Dr. Pepper for giving the kid a taste of real medicine. :cool:
I'm sorry I had to make that comment

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't really like using Marth; I prefer Roy's style honestly even if he's technically a worse character. I only use Marth when I want to annoy people with his taunt.

"MINA, MITE ITE KURE"

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think you need a Dr. Pepper for giving the kid a taste of real medicine. :cool:
I'm sorry I had to make that comment
These guys are part of the Smash Bros Club (I'm not part of it because... well... some of them can be complete jerks and the rest can just be plain annoying). I played against the Marth guy again with my main (Ganondorf) and won the first match. I broke apart the second match though :urg:

I can't wait until Smash 4 comes out so I can play against some of you guys. :laugh:
I hope the Wifi is good enough to have tournaments amongst us occasionally.

I need to play with other people more so I kill certain habits I have.

D

Deleted member

I need to play with other people more so I kill certain habits I have.
You and me both. I have absolutely no experience fighting against people. Only human player I face sometimes is my brother, and he has no idea what to do. I'll admit, that's most of the reason I want to go competitive. Among my worse habits are spamming taunts after Star KOing someone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Were you playing Brawl or Melee?

Either way, Marth dittos are pretty lame. Marth has a really hard time dealing with himself in both games, and it's really easy for someone who knows Marth to play scared/overly respect an opponent who doesn't know what they're doing. Then you realise "wait, this guy doesn't know what he's doing" and then you grab them a lot and win.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You and me both. I have absolutely no experience fighting against people. Only human player I face sometimes is my brother, and he has no idea what to do. I'll admit, that's most of the reason I want to go competitive.
I can hold my own in a fight, but I tend to rush with Ganon's aerials often. I leave myself open too much.

I'm going to have to kill that habit if I'm going to main Little Mac, obviously. Practice makes perfect.

Have you tried looking at the regional boards on this site?
No, but I'm going to wait until Smash 4 comes out before I get too much into it.
If I need practice, I have those Smash Club people to play against if I'm feeling ballsy, or my close group of friends (not as good, but I'm more comfortable playing with people who don't make me feel like I'm awful at the game).

Where you playing Brawl or Melee?

Either way, Marth dittos are pretty lame. Marth has a really hard time dealing with himself in both games, and it's really easy for someone who knows Marth to play scared/overly respect an opponent who doesn't know what they're doing.
Melee. And yeah, I know, but I'm not entirely incompetent at playing as Marth... I guess. Or maybe my victorious feelings were based on a false premise. Ouch. :urg:

D

Deleted member

I can hold my own in a fight, but I tend to rush with Ganon's aerials often. I leave myself open too much.
I do something similar, but with Roy's forward air. I'm pretty sure that's not a valid tactic, but it works on CPUs... :dizzy:

I also try and approach by running in like an idiot when I play Brawl.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I do something similar, but with Roy's forward air. I'm pretty sure that's not a valid tactic, but it works on CPUs... :dizzy:
Eh, CPU's aren't great to practice many things against. I did practice certain things against them, though. Like getting used to Ganon's timings and ranges.

If you need someone to practice against if the Wifi is good enough for 3DS you can message me or something.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well in Melee it's even worse. He edge guards himself painfully hard, fsmashes himself from fthrow very easily, outranges his aerials from the ground (meaning no landy landy or not dying from trying to aerial), etc etc.

The curse of Marth dittos happens at like every level of play, within relatively small gaps. He really just destroys himself so so sooooo hard.

But yeah... Melee Marth dittos are nasty.
Hurr, *grab* fthrow fthrow fthrow tipper fsmash hurr you're off stage *fsmash/dtilt* x 4 *GAME*.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well in Melee it's even worse. He edge guards himself painfully hard, fsmashes himself from fthrow very easily, outranges his aerials from the ground (meaning no landy landy or not dying from trying to aerial), etc etc.

The curse of Marth dittos happens at like every level of play, within relatively small gaps. He really just destroys himself so so sooooo hard.
Yeah. I figured as much. The match was over pretty quickly.
I still feel good about it :glare:

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
You should. And he should feel bad about it.

But it's all apart of playing/maining Marth. Losing to people in Marth dittos until people stop playing you because you always win.
Being the best Marth player in a country/region sure has a rocky path.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I can't even win against other people, I'm pretty bad xD
I've learned not to let that "I'm bad at the game" feeling linger.
Just keep playing the game with other people and you'll eventually get better. Worked for me. I'm not all that great myself but I have won my fair share of matches.

Mad Princess

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4725-7930-2632
I've learned not to let that "I'm bad at the game" feeling linger.
Just keep playing the game with other people and you'll eventually get better. Worked for me. I'm not all that great myself but I have won my fair share of matches.
Yeah, you're right, I'll try to get better. And even more when SSB4 comes out xD

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
I've watched this a few times already and it still depresses me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom